Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 08:12 PM
Ichabod Lark Ichabod Lark is a male United States Ichabod Lark is offline
Sheikah
View Posts: 506
Re: Ocarina Of Time Suck????!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelicous_Link
Hunt me down with a gun... That's is over reacting right there... For your information, I have yet to play ALttP so I can not form an opinion of it... BUT I never said I would hurt any one when I spoke... You can be targetted for what you just said to me for the fact that it made me feel quite uneasy... do it again and i'll report you. :mad:
Wow, some people can't sence sarcasm. Sorry about that, I should've made it more clear. Your post wasn't a threat, mine wasn't. Let's leave it at that before things get out of hand.

Signature created by insaney.
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 08:12 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhItE_LinK
All I have to say to this is. A.M.E.N.

I would just like to thank you though, because you more than likely are similar to myself... You know and love OoT and yes you are passionate about it... Unlike some of the people here, you understand the difference between kidding arounf and backing up your words... I stand to my opinion... Peopl who say OoT sucks, needs to keep it away from people like us, because we can get p****d

So once again, thanks for the amen

We're fourteen hundred miles apart and he still manages to rock me to sleep every night...
Till death do us part... Sergio

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
Copy & Paste this in your sig if you're one of the 2% who hasn't.
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 08:13 PM
Goron
View Posts: 228

Look OOT was a great game for it's time and still is. It had it's glory in 1998.Ok. But that's no need to exadurate statement.
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 08:15 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichabod_L
Wow, some people can't sence sarcasm. Sorry about that, I should've made it more clear. Your post wasn't a threat, mine wasn't. Let's leave it at that before things get out of hand.

Thank you for clearing that up... I apologize if I do tend to overreact, but I am a gamer... I live in my bed room with my games... Zelda is the center of my attention mostly so I get passionate... You can relate with a different game or hobby i'm sure.

We're fourteen hundred miles apart and he still manages to rock me to sleep every night...
Till death do us part... Sergio

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
Copy & Paste this in your sig if you're one of the 2% who hasn't.
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 08:19 PM
I'm Back By Popular Demand!
View Posts: 438

Quote:
Okay first of all saying it's a sin is rediculous. Many people talk bad things about OoT because they didn't engoy playing it, it's understandable. And what they mean by "they don't ever want to see it again" I'm guessing referrs to re-makes, which in case I agree, it was fun, but it's time is over. .
Ok here we have another WW fan, but this time he (or she) actually takes time reading the whole thread without posting back with a bunch of ignorance. I have to say I like this post because you actually thought about it and I respect that and yes OoT has it's flaws like every game out there does, but wasn't it still the best??? Well for most of us it was.

[QUOTE=Ichabod_L]That comment right there is stupid and uncalled for. It'd be more accurate to say "how can people even consider themselves to be Zelda fans and not like the original LoZ?" QUOTE]

Ok here we have another one of those hating-opinions. Why the hell would I change what I said for whatever you want me to say???? I still respect you opinion thou I don't share but it is solid, thank you.
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 08:22 PM
Goron
Send a message via AIM to HOY!
View Posts: 169

[QUOTE=WhItE_LinK]Ok here we have another WW fan, but this time he (or she) actually takes time reading the whole thread without posting back with a bunch of ignorance. I have to say I like this post because you actually thought about it and I respect that and yes OoT has it's flaws like every game out there does, but wasn't it still the best??? Well for most of us it was.

Quote:
That comment right there is stupid and uncalled for. It'd be more accurate to say "how can people even consider themselves to be Zelda fans and not like the original LoZ?" QUOTE]

Ok here we have another one of those hating-opinions. Why the hell would I change what I said for whatever you want me to say???? I still respect you opinion thou I don't share but it is solid, thank you.

Please explain to me why ocarina was the best for u and most zelda people

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumus
Don't let this thread turn into a flame. Or it will get locked.
and what the heck is a flame lol
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 08:23 PM
Sheikah

Quote:
I wasn't saying you should change it, but that comment that you're not really a Zelda fan unless you like OoT I highly disagreed with. Saying that about LoZ (or any other Zelda game) is arrogent to, because you are a Zelda fan even if you only like 2 of the games.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOY!
A flame is when you have people in a thread contantly fighting and threatening each other, in which case the tread gets locked or the posts get deleted and the flamers are given a warning or a ban.

#28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 08:27 PM
Exclamation

Ok here's your answer, Ocarina of Time was the best for me because it had the best story line and because it was the first Zelda I played and honestly none of the other Zeldas I've played live up to it, of course they're all great games too but OoT is my favorite, but then again that is just my opinon and for your second question, well can you just read the polls about which Zelda was the best?, see who won in this site and all of the others. All these people can't be wrong can they?
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 08:27 PM
Goron
View Posts: 228

[QUOTE=HOY!]
Quote:
Ok here we have another WW fan, but this time he (or she) actually takes time reading the whole thread without posting back with a bunch of ignorance. I have to say I like this post because you actually thought about it and I respect that and yes OoT has it's flaws like every game out there does, but wasn't it still the best??? Well for most of us it was.

A flame is a thread when people insult each other because of opinions and flames usually get locked. So stop flaming
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 08:31 PM
Sheikah

Quote:
Okay here's your answer, Ocarina of Time was the best for me because it had the best story line and because it was the first Zelda I played and honestly none of the other Zeldas I've played live up to it, of course they're all great games too but OoT is my favorite, but then again that is just my opinon and for your second question, well can you just read the polls about which Zelda was the best?, see who won in this site and all of the others. All these people can't be wrong can they?
That's a good point, but just because many people say OoT is their favorite doesn't mean it's the best. It's not a fact, it's an opinion. Just because most people say dogs are the best pets doesn't mean it's a fact.

#31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 08:32 PM
Goron
Send a message via AIM to HOY!
View Posts: 169

Quote:

Ok here's your answer, Ocarina of Time was the best for me because it had the best story line and because it was the first Zelda I played and honestly none of the other Zeldas I've played live up to it, of course they're all great games too but OoT is my favorite, but then again that is just my opinon and for your second question, well can you just read the polls about which Zelda was the best?, see who won in this site and all of the others. All these people can't be wrong can they?

Im not insulting anyone so i better not get warned!! lol

See White link thats why u PERSONALLY like Ocarina. Because it was the first game u played. I could say the same thing about Oracle of Ages, the first game that i played. Because of that I could ALSO say that ocarina of time isnt good enough for me and that it doesnt come up to my standards. That is why some people dont like Ocarina of Time. To totally say "I HATE IT ITS A PEICE OF CRAP" is of course pretty stupid, and on that i agree with you. Im sure that if you played windwaker before ocarina, you would like windwaker more.
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 08:39 PM

Quote:
That's a good point, but just because many people say OoT is their favorite doesn't mean it's the best. It's not a fact, it's an opinion. Just because most people say dogs are the best pets doesn't mean it's a fact.

Ok so it is an opinion, just an opinon not a fact, but what really is a fact is that people love OoT more than any other Zelda period.
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 08:40 PM
Sheikah

Quote:
Ok so it is an opinion, just an opinon not a fact, but what really is a fact is that people love OoT more than any other Zelda period.
Heh heh, okay, I know when I'm beat.

#34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 08:55 PM
Dark_Lorenzoe Dark_Lorenzoe is a female United States Dark_Lorenzoe is offline
Gerudo Thief
Send a message via AIM to Dark_Lorenzoe Send a message via Yahoo to Dark_Lorenzoe
View Posts: 82

Wow so you have all thoroughly posted your opinions again and again.....i mean wow...
I think that oot was good and stuff but theres no need obsessiing over the fact that not everybody agress with your opinion of it. Clearly there were flaws in oot but you know i gotta say it was good for what it was and the time it came out....so theres my tired opinion...
Also it seems quite clear that some people are just looking for a fight with someone who's very opinionated.....but you know...think what you want people....
  #35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 09:04 PM
Razorblade Salvation.
Send a message via AIM to The Four Sword
View Posts: 2,334

Says who? That's just your opinion. TWW isn't as half as good as OoT or MM. I don't see how anyone can hate it. If there is something they don't like about the game, the positive aspects of the game outweight the negatives anyways.

-TFS
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 10:53 PM
Have you played that Kii-- I mean Wii? It sure is something...
View Posts: 280

I hate when people bash OoT. Not only did it revolutionize Zelda, but gaming all together. Targeting systems were invented in OoT and not we see that in so many titles. This game had amazing graphics (for its time) and a huge overworld (fo its time).
  #37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 11:22 PM
Knight of Skyloft
Send a message via AIM to Ganondorf
View Posts: 890

To say Ocarina of Time sucks is not a sin. It's opinion, something you can't prove one way or another despite statistics.

Ocarina of Time has, no doubt, defined Zelda in a way that I believe has only been nearly matched by ALttP. Now, I've never hated OoT. In fact, I waited years after it's release before playing it, and after being satisfied with myself for having finally played the game, ALttP still remained my favorite. I love OoT, but do you know the reason why people can end up hating the game? It's the very reason other forms of entertainment lose their value by some. They become overrated.

Since I'm entitled to my opinion, I feel safe to say that OoT is overrated. Honestly, OoT has it's own unique quliaties that makes it different from other Zelda games, just as much as each Zelda game does. But, in story wise, it appears to me as nothing more than a re-make of ALttP. Sure, the graphics helped, but that's how see the game, and ALttP never got as much praise.

For anyone to actually say the game sucks is an opinion, but most of the time they never seem to mean it. And to say that people who dislike OoT can't be called Zelda fans is a bunch of crap as well. As I stated, I don't hate OoT. I love it. But, people are entitled to their opinions and their reasons why they believe OoT sucks, and to act like it is a crime is really ridiculous.

Awesome sig and clan banner made by Necco 20!
My MySpace
  #38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-14-2005, 12:27 AM
Gerudo Thief
Send a message via AIM to Savannah Send a message via Yahoo to Savannah
View Posts: 87

Ocarina of Time does not need you guys to stand up for it. What it needs is for people to stop putting it on a pedestal and learn to appreciate the other games for what they are. People only bash OoT because they get sick of ignorant fanboys running around going, "OMG IF ITZ NOT OOT IT SUX!!111ONEONE"
Last Edited by Savannah; 08-18-2005 at 07:49 PM. Reason:
  #39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-16-2005, 02:46 PM
Really wants to come back when I can
Send a message via Skype™ to Itsuya Dayrose
View Posts: 4,924
Post Oot doesnt suck

Ocarina of time does not suck, it is probably the second best game ever (beside majora's mask), but i do think that it is a litttle overrated. I mean, the fuss that people make out of it is completely insane. Oot needs to be beaten i think, then maybe people can realize that it is not the almighty god of gaming.

Veritas Dayrose <3~
Itsu's Characters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciroton
Oy! Not a-****ing-gain! God-damned Polar bear ate my mailbox! >___<
  #40 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-16-2005, 03:18 PM
Duct tape won't fix kittens
Send a message via Yahoo to Hopeless Romantic
View Posts: 2,058

After reading this thread I've come to agree with the people who think OoT is overrated. People reacting like this because someone thinks that other games are better. So let OoT die, it's had it's time, and it was a good time, but now it's time to move on.

[Zetta cool sig by:Kemata]
Closed Thread

Tags
ocarina, suck, time