Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 03:27 PM
Gerudo Thief
Send a message via AIM to Savannah Send a message via Yahoo to Savannah
View Posts: 87
Navi Mysteriously Turning Green

Okay. I've asked this before in reference to the fairy in Majora's Mask turning blue and no one had much of an explanation.

I'm playing Ocarina of Time again and I've noticed that during some parts of the game, Navi will randomly turn green when there's nothing there to observe, no one to talk to, nothing to read, etc. She's done it in several places already, but the one example I can think of right now is a ledge in the Forest Temple (in the courtyard, right above the treasure chest you have to hookshot onto).

Since someone told me to try playing songs when she does this, I played the Sun Song once when she did it inside one of those underground lairs that you can fall into. Something definitely happened, but I'm still not sure what. A pink ball of light floated around-- it looked like a fairy, but had no wings and I couldn't catch it in a bottle-- then disappeared. Weird, to say the least.

Does anyone else have any clue what this is all about?
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 03:30 PM
SeriousDiscussion
View Posts: 24,034
Re: Navi Mysteriously Turning Green

The faerie that is summoned is special, since it restores not only health, but magic power too!
Navi would only turn green when the Sun Song would summon a faeire, or if Pierre would apear, upon playing the Scarecrow song (which is the case for the sacred forest meadow).
Summonig Pierre would allow him to be used as a hookshot target, to skip out the maze with the Moblins!
You can't catch a faerie in a bottle, so touch it as soon as it is called to get restored!
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 03:31 PM
Goron
View Posts: 168

Sometimes Navi flies over and turns green when there's a hidden blue block. You can often reveal it by playing the Song of Time nearby. This is especially true in Master Quest, where there are many Song of Time blocks in the dungeons.

Also, playing the Sun's Song (or sometimes the Song of Storms) in certain places causes a Big Fairy to fly out. You can't capture this fairy in a bottle, but if you touch it it will restore all your health and magic.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 03:33 PM
You'll always be my enemy, Annie May the anenome
View Posts: 1,175

The pink, wing-less fairy is a big fairy. Like super d said, you can't catch them, and they restore you completely.

They don't hang around everywhere (although I know there's one in the gerudo training grounds), so I wouldn't rely on them as a steady healing source.

Regardless of whether I'm using a png or not, get Firefox.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2005, 09:08 PM
Gerudo Thief
Send a message via AIM to Savannah Send a message via Yahoo to Savannah
View Posts: 87

Ohhh, okay. I'm pretty sure I didn't touch it, though I tried, so I was confused about its purpose.

I guess I should go create a Scarecrow Song so I can play it in all the other places. So far, the one fairy spot is the only one that's produced any results.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-14-2005, 09:31 AM
Goron
View Posts: 220

Well if you check other places and it works then its a pretty good trick otherwise its just a glitch.. or just that the big faires happen to be there..

AVY by Me!!!These are my Buddies! PM Me to be My Friend!!!
98% of the teenage blah blah.. I don't do pot
Visit My Sites: Oracle Legends|Farore's Charm! |[MY SHOP]|

aka Farore's Charm not Farores Wind
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-14-2005, 10:31 AM
ZU Ma5ter Mind
Send a message via AIM to Robin 125
View Posts: 637

Navi usaully turn green and fly towards somehtin you need to play a song at like the stone platform in the lake were u play the song and shoot the sun.

Gossip stones produse Red and Big Fariys by playins Zelda Lulaby some say you can also play Sarias song i never tried that.

"THE ONLY THINGS YOU REGRET IN LIFE, ARE THE THINGS YOU DONT DO"

#8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-16-2005, 02:45 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 14

in the n64-version of OoT there is a place in Lon Lon Ranch where she turns green for absolutely no obvious reason.

this is in the chicken barn where you can play a game with talon, its on a ledge you cant reach.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-27-2005, 02:34 PM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 636

tatle can also turn red in majoras mask when you talk to the thief in ikana canion. The guy asks to see your sword, i never tried showing it to him so i don't know what happens when you do. When you talk to him, tatle turn red and he says somthing like "what is this red flying thing, it seems holstile"
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-28-2005, 12:51 PM
Skyloftian
Send a message via AIM to FierceDeity
View Posts: 727

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitric300
tatle can also turn red in majoras mask when you talk to the thief in ikana canion. The guy asks to see your sword, i never tried showing it to him so i don't know what happens when you do. When you talk to him, tatle turn red and he says somthing like "what is this red flying thing, it seems holstile"
It doesn't really matter if you want to show your sword to the thief, he won't get it. As for Navi turning green and getting a fairy, it works for gossip stones as well. Sweet huh!
Samus is the Hatchling...The Child of Fate...
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2011, 11:57 PM
AmyLockheart AmyLockheart is a female United States AmyLockheart is offline
Deku Scrub
Send a message via AIM to AmyLockheart
View Posts: 1
Unhappy Navi green?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
The pink, wing-less fairy is a big fairy. Like super d said, you can't catch them, and they restore you completely.

They don't hang around everywhere (although I know there's one in the gerudo training grounds), so I wouldn't rely on them as a steady healing source.

Okay so I'm here in the training grounds and Navi is green. I played the sun song nothing happened. I played the scarecrow song and nothing happened. I dont understand??

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FierceDeity View Post
It doesn't really matter if you want to show your sword to the thief, he won't get it. As for Navi turning green and getting a fairy, it works for gossip stones as well. Sweet huh!

WAIT WAIT WAIT..... so you have to have the rumble pak on then?? to make navi green work?
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-24-2011, 12:30 AM
Light Spirit
Send a message via Yahoo to Erikson Send a message via Skype™ to Erikson
View Posts: 4,902

The Navi is green in the training grounds to point you to the rocks to target practice jumps/backflips (according to the Kokiri nearby). It's not every spot where she turns green that you need to play any song at for anything to happen. The Rumble Pak is not involved to make Navi green anywhere.

Also, this thread is more than five years old. Do not revive old threads.
Miyamoto: Right. And it isn't a port. It is a remake, but in the truest sense of the word.
Iwata: You remade it from scratch.
Closed Thread

Tags
green, mysteriously, navi, turning