Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: Which girl is best suited for Link?
Zelda 435 37.76%
Malon 383 33.25%
Ruto 42 3.65%
Saria 172 14.93%
Other 40 3.47%
None 80 6.94%
Voters: 1152. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1181 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-14-2006, 04:32 AM
Banned User
View Posts: 30,568
Re: Romance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpyjames View Post
But that was written by somebody who formed thier own conclusion by the game material. It doesn't give Nintendo's opinion of the best couple, it gives the writers opinion.
It seems more like glorified fanfiction.
Hey, I never said it had official information. I just hope what it says becomes official. Because Nintendo's favorite pairing is LinkxZelda, it's likely that they'll make it true and have it mentioned in TP or something.
  #1182 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-14-2006, 08:03 AM
SeriousDiscussion
View Posts: 24,034

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonyLonesome View Post
Hey, I never said it had official information. I just hope what it says becomes official. Because Nintendo's favorite pairing is LinkxZelda, it's likely that they'll make it true and have it mentioned in TP or something.
No - it's really not.
As far as I know, the only game where Link and Zelda became romantically involved was in Adventure of Link.

In every other Zelda game, it's been a more platonic friendship.
True, Nintendo hints that Twilight Princess may include a romance between Link and Zelda, but they're in no way Nintendo's "favourite pairing."

Don't make things up to twist them to your needs.
  #1183 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-14-2006, 08:17 AM
Banned User
View Posts: 30,568

I didn't make anything up. I heard somewhere, I think from an official source too, that Nintendo's favorite pairing is LinkxZelda.

And just because AoL is the only game where Link and Zelda did fall in love, doesn't mean Nintendo doesn't like that pairing. They may have simply decided to do it in only that game for right now. They could start doing it more often after PH and TP if they wanted to. And also, if Nintendo didn't like the LinkxZelda pairing, they wouldn't have put their seal on that passage that was posted earlier. And didn't Aonuma say in an interview that if Link and Zelda fell in love in some game, it would be great? I don't sense any "we don't like the LinkxZelda pairing" there.

So, I believe LinkxZelda is their favorite pairing. I won't stop believing it unless proved otherwise.
  #1184 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-14-2006, 12:19 PM
Goron
View Posts: 125

As much as i love pairings i wouldnt want any pairings to happen in the game. Im all for fan pairings and cute pictures with Link and *Insert Zelda girl here* but i wouldnt like it to happen in a game.

I leaved Zelda Universe on 01/07/2005.
I returned to Zelda Universe on 13/10/2006. (Thats Friday 13! Best day for returning!)

Many thanks to Leminnes for my sig!
  #1185 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-14-2006, 01:51 PM
Goron
View Posts: 264

I agree, Mix. A pairing between Link and Zelda would be to prodictable and tear the series apart. I think many Zelda-fans will be disappointed with Nintendo if they made Link and Zelda fall for eachother. I know I would.

The LoZ is a unique story wich does not need a happy ending to be complete or to show it's superiority. It's perfect as it is with Link and Zelda both knowing they can't have eachother. Besides, if they got involved in a relationship, it would be easier for their enemies to find their weakness wich is.... Yes, eachother. My point is, LoZ does not need the Link and Zelda pairing; it's great enough as it is!
  #1186 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-14-2006, 10:11 PM
The ZU Paladin
Send a message via AIM to Janus Send a message via Skype™ to Janus
Steam ID: Janus3003
View Posts: 6,142

BY ORDER OF THE MOST HIGH STAFF, THIS THREAD IS TO BE HEREBY CLOSED AND BEGUN AGAIN IN GENERAL ZELDA!

ALL HAIL THE STAFF!

Tags
romance