Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2012, 07:18 PM
LuminaForce37 LuminaForce37 is a male United States LuminaForce37 is offline
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 338
Re: OoT: Did you use the Master Sword or Biggoron Sword?

I'm a fan of using the Master Sword. For much tougher enemies like Iron Knuckles I switch over to the BGS, but usually I like to rock the blade of evil's bane. Seems more appropriate, and epic.

Plus Link looks better with a shield.
Last Edited by LuminaForce37; 01-20-2012 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2012, 10:03 PM
Goron
View Posts: 248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Legend View Post
I only ever used the Biggoron Sword in the final battle with Ganondorf after he swipes the Master Sword from your grasp.

Other than that, I just use the Master Sword for everything else in the game.

Sometimes I don't really bother doing the side-quest getting the Biggoron Sword.
I like to use deku nuts He's one of the few enemies in the game that can actually be damaged by them. Fun use of an otherwise worthless item (except maybe vs Barinade and stingers).

...Polamolecules"
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2012, 11:29 PM
Cuerte Kid
Send a message via AIM to Maser Send a message via Yahoo to Maser Send a message via Skype™ to Maser
View Posts: 564

I get the Biggoron sword as soon as I can, but I don't always use it. Lots of people don't like the idea of it being 2 handed and can't use the shield, but when you think about it, there's very few times in the game where the shield is needed and also all you gotta do is stand still for about 2 seconds and then you are able to put the Biggoron sword away and can use your shield again.

I guess it's all about whatever mood I'm in when playing through. If I wanna get through the game ASAP, then it's the Biggoron sword all the time, but if I wanna extend the game (especially the Twinrova battle) I only use the Maser Sword.
Last Edited by Maser; 01-20-2012 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Stupid typos! Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2012, 11:42 PM
Goron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maser View Post
I get the Biggoron sword as soon as I can, but I don't always use it. Lots of people don't like the idea of it being 2 handed and can't use the shield, but when you think about it, there's very few times in the game where the shield is needed and also all you gotta do is stand still for about 2 seconds and then you are able to put the Biggoron sword away and can use your shield again.

I guess it's all abou whatever mood I'm in when playing through. If I wanna get through the game ASAP, then it's the Biggoron sword all the time, but if I wanna extend the game (especially the Twinrova battle) I only use the Maser Sword.
Can't put away when Z-targeting. Need to pull out bow/hookshot/etc. in order to put away while targeting. The shield is especially useful in the 3DS version since it seems the Stalfos AI was changed between the versions (for some reason they seem 10 times more difficult in 3DS than N64) and now the shield is actually very helpful in a no-hit run.

...Polamolecules"
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-21-2012, 02:15 AM
Tobuscus2.0
Send a message via Skype™ to greenapple
View Posts: 918

Am I the only one who really only picks it up when they are not being lazy?
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-21-2012, 08:18 AM
Thief
View Posts: 273

I'm hardcore. I use the broken Giants Sword. It's fun trying to kill enemies with a weapon that does little damage.
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-21-2012, 08:22 AM
The Hero of Time
View Posts: 1,860

I used both swords, but most of the time I used the Biggoron sword (except for when the shield was needed or the MS was needed (Ganon).

Played some, but not beat yet/Simply Beat/100% complete at least one quest/Not played at all
(not counting 2nd quests in any category)

LoZ, AoL, ALttP, LADX, OoT, MM, OoS, OoA, TWW, FSA, TMC, TP, PH, ST,
OoT3D, FS:AE, SS
, ALBW
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-21-2012, 09:11 AM
Goron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Doll View Post
I'm hardcore. I use the broken Giants Sword. It's fun trying to kill enemies with a weapon that does little damage.
Broken giant's knife is interesting to use especially during a no shield run. It never was the damage that turned me off but the range. It becomes a joke fighting stalfos with broken giant's knife. I relied heavily on my hookshot whenever trying. The stalfos you fight when escaping from Ganon's tower were probably the most difficult to fight because of the reduced fighting area.

@Who: Correct me if I'm wrong as it's been a while since I've fought flare dancers with BS, but doesn't a jump attack from master sword do more damage than a jump attack from biggoron sword? I can't remember whether it was equal or whether master sword did more damage, but some time ago, I found that a jump attack from MS will end his cycle immediately where the biggoron sword did not (but I can't remember whether I was jump slashing with BS or not).

...Polamolecules"
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-22-2012, 01:34 AM
View Posts: 447

Master Sword, I never even knew about the Biggoron Sword until a couple months ago when I saw it here, and I've been playing Ocarina for at least six years. I don't even like it that much, makes fighting too easy. Love the Master Sword, it looks cool when coupled with the Zora Tunic and Mirror Shield.

- Xanox

"What do you want from me?!"- Vanille, Final Fantasy 13.

#30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-22-2012, 01:41 AM
Goron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
Master Sword, I never even knew about the Biggoron Sword until a couple months ago when I saw it here, and I've been playing Ocarina for at least six years. I don't even like it that much, makes fighting too easy. Love the Master Sword, it looks cool when coupled with the Zora Tunic and Mirror Shield.
Wait until you see the 3DS version If only the scabbard were as fancy as the Master Sword's, Biggoron Sword would have been the most awesome looking item in the game.

...Polamolecules"
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-22-2012, 08:57 AM
Sheldor the Conqueror
View Posts: 962

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
I personally prefer the Goron Tunic with the Master Sword and Mirror Shield.
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-22-2012, 09:03 AM
The Hero of Time
View Posts: 1,860

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowspawn View Post
@Who: Correct me if I'm wrong as it's been a while since I've fought flare dancers with BS, but doesn't a jump attack from master sword do more damage than a jump attack from biggoron sword? I can't remember whether it was equal or whether master sword did more damage, but some time ago, I found that a jump attack from MS will end his cycle immediately where the biggoron sword did not (but I can't remember whether I was jump slashing with BS or not).
I'm pretty sure that a jump attack from the BS is 2x more powerful than a MS jump attack. It's definitely more powerful, if only slightly. As far as power of swords in the N64 games go (I think):
Great Fairy Sword>Biggoron Sword>Gilded Sword>Razor Sword/Master Sword>Kokiri Sword>Broken knife

Played some, but not beat yet/Simply Beat/100% complete at least one quest/Not played at all
(not counting 2nd quests in any category)

LoZ, AoL, ALttP, LADX, OoT, MM, OoS, OoA, TWW, FSA, TMC, TP, PH, ST,
OoT3D, FS:AE, SS
, ALBW
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-22-2012, 01:39 PM
Sheikah
View Posts: 595

Big Goron. I just enjoy it alot. It once took me like an hour to beat Ganon because I wanted to kill him with BGS. I then realized that wasn't gonna happen.
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-23-2012, 06:26 AM
TP Hater
View Posts: 24

I use the Biggoron Sword as soon as I get it. It's always been my favorite Zelda weapon, just because of it's sheer power and size. Not being able to use a shield to defend yourself is a disadvantage, but once you dominate the games monsters and bosses you get used to it =)
  #35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-23-2012, 01:46 PM
Insert witty user title here
View Posts: 115

Both, I often rotate between the two during a playthrough. I generally use the Master Sword on bosses (the only exception is Bongo Bongo) to give myself a challenge.
The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate… Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are… Death awaits you - Nyx (Persona 3)
Last Edited by Pyrax; 01-23-2012 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: ManInTheChair
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-15-2012, 08:23 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 3,052

I get the Biggoron's Sword as soon as I can. There's nothing like inflicting massive damage with this huge, long blade. However, once I played through with the Broken Goron's Knife and three heart containers, which was a challenge. The broken sword was so weak.
  #37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-15-2012, 08:37 PM
Kokiri
Send a message via Skype™ to MrKeenard
Steam ID: MrKeenard
View Posts: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Doll View Post
broken deku sticks. try me
  #38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-15-2012, 11:12 PM
Anouki
View Posts: 35

Master Sword. I think the Biggoron's Sword is a bit overpowered.. and Link looks somewhat ridiculous holding it with two hands. xD
  #39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-16-2012, 02:16 AM
Kasuto of Kataan Kasuto of Kataan is a male United States Kasuto of Kataan is offline
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 30

Biggoron Sword all the way. I didn't even know until years later that the whole Dark Link fight in the Water Temple was hard for everyone else. I just did the forward thrust and killed him in a few seconds. Every time I play through the game, the first thing I do (when I'm able is to get it) is obtaining the Biggoron Sword. It's a routine for me. Once you can learn the finesse of sheathing your sword and raising your shield to defend, nothing else matters. Plus I love that *shing* sound when you take it out. Biggoron Sword for life.