Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-08-2004, 12:08 AM
Hylian Knight
View Posts: 510
How do you carry more bombs in A Link to the Past?

OK, I've been on an old-school gaming jaunt lately. After replaying Metal Gear 2, I dug out my SNES and started playing Zelda: A Link to the Past again. In the past I got just about every secret, but I never figured out the way in wich you can carry more bombs. How can you increase Link's maximum bomb count? Is there even a way?
Last Edited by Grey; 10-08-2004 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-08-2004, 12:24 AM
BigGoronSword BigGoronSword is a male Dominican Republic BigGoronSword is offline
RIP Robin Williams (8/11/14)
Send a message via AIM to BigGoronSword Send a message via Yahoo to BigGoronSword

View Posts: 11,251
Re: How do you carry more bombs in A Link to the Past?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey
OK, I've been on an old-school gang jaunt lately. After replaying Metal Gear 2, I dug out my SNES and started playing Zelda: A Link to the Past again. In the past I got just about every secret, but I never figured out the way in wich you can carry more bombs. How can you increase Link's maximum bomb count? Is there even a way?
*Here I come to save the day!*
Yes there is....but it will cost you. Play your flute and go to location #8 (the south eastern part of the map). From there, jump into the water and go off screen via stage left. In the next screen, swim a little bit to the north west where you will find a small island with two buzzblobs, a stone, three bushes, and most importantly, a cave. Enter the cave and run through the hallway. At the end of the hallway there is a magical pool. Talk to the pool and it will ask if you'd like to donate 25 or 50 ruppees. Choose 50 ruppees, walk around a bit in the cave and ask again. Choose 50 ruppees again and a Fairy will appear. She will ask you if you'd like to carry more bombs or more arrows. This is your choice. For every 100 ruppees you throw into the pool, you get the option of upgrading your bomb or arrows supply. I hope I've helped you out.

FYI: To the left of the pool, there is a bombable wall where there's a room with 4 fairies you can catch, bottle up, or just heal yourself with.

-BGS

[ZeldaWiki][Forum Mods][Rules][ZUChat][Newbie Guide]
"If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans"-Van Zant
Giving up means you're willing to live with how things are-BGS
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-09-2004, 08:27 AM
Goron
View Posts: 152

Also another bit of info. There is a maximum limit the fairy can raise your bomb and arrow supply to, so you just can't keep upgrading and upgrading. I think the maximum she could raise both up to is 60 Arrrows and 60 Bombs, but I'm not sure. It's been a while since I played ALttP.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-09-2004, 09:57 AM
Spirit of Seasons
View Posts: 1,891

hey, i was thinking the same question. thanks for the help...kinda.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-12-2004, 10:17 PM
Zora Warrior
Send a message via ICQ to Heero Avaren Send a message via AIM to Heero Avaren Send a message via Yahoo to Heero Avaren
View Posts: 392

70 arrows and 50 bombs, I don't know what the total cost is, but I know it's more than one thousand.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-13-2004, 11:19 AM
BigGoronSword BigGoronSword is a male Dominican Republic BigGoronSword is offline
Send a message via AIM to BigGoronSword Send a message via Yahoo to BigGoronSword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heero 12
70 arrows and 50 bombs, I don't know what the total cost is, but I know it's more than one thousand.
Hmmm if that's true, then lets see... You start off with being able to equipt about 10 or 15 bombs, and I believe somewhere around 15-25 Arrows (once you get the bow). I believe the Great Fairy gives you 5 of whatever upgrade you want from 100 ruppes so...

*Starts doing math*
50-10=40
40/5=8
8*100=800

So the cost of the maximum amount of bombs will cost you about 800 rupees.

70-15=55
55/5=11
11*100=1100

And the cost of the maximum amount of arrows will cost you about 1100 rupees.

So, if you round the sum up, you will have to spend about 2000 rupees for the maximum upgrades for your bombs and arrows.

-BGS

#7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-13-2004, 05:20 PM
Sage of Wisdom
Steam ID: lol_oni
View Posts: 2,795

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heero 12
Not nessicarily. I have 80 arrows and 40 bombs. You get 12 times to level up your equipment. Not a set amount. You may have gotten that but maybe others didn't
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-13-2004, 07:53 PM
Zora Warrior
Send a message via ICQ to Heero Avaren Send a message via AIM to Heero Avaren Send a message via Yahoo to Heero Avaren
View Posts: 392

Oh silly me, it was 90 arrows 50 bombs. I really need to play through this again.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-13-2004, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OniLink12345
Not nessicarily. I have 80 arrows and 40 bombs. You get 12 times to level up your equipment. Not a set amount. You may have gotten that but maybe others didn't
I believe OniLink is right. But there does seem one little thing that is wrong with what you said. I think you get to level up your equiptment more that 12 times each. All I can say is this; If Link starts off with:

10 bombs + 12 level up = 70 bombs
30 Arrows + 12 Level up= 90 Arrows

Something doesn't smell right there. Probably because I'm too tired, or I just don't know the right values for how many "level ups" there are...I can't figure it out. Oh well, I guess it doesn't really matter anyways.
*Crashes on Sofa*
-BGS

Tags
bombs, carry, link, past