Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#81 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-17-2011, 06:30 PM
if i were a country, i'd be called Suckatzeldavania...
Send a message via Skype™ to PoketroidX
View Posts: 195
MM: get outside town as a deku

i'm not sure if this is considered a "glitch" but might as well just post it to a thread such as this one:
Where: Clock Town (easiest in eastern part)
how: turn into deku link, go up next to the guard in any exit of clock town (i prefer east) and face away from him, go to the edge of the wall of the exit you chose and walk STRAIGHT backwards.
the glitch: eventually you will wedge your way past him into the field, doing this at the east exit is easiest because you walk DOWNHILL, any other exit, you walk straight.
  #82 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-04-2011, 10:51 AM
View Posts: 1,528
Re: Official NES/SNES/N64 Zelda Glitch Thread

This can be a helpful glitch if you have trouble chasing Dante inside his grave, especially if you're after the heart piece. Take out your ocarina and play one of the warp songs while you're chasing him. Navi or somebody says you can't warp (or it just informs you that you played a song, I can't remember exactly what it says) and while that text box is on the screen, you can continue running and the timer freezes for a couple seconds every time. It's tedious to play it again and again every ten steps, but it definitely gets you there in time.
Last Edited by Traeh; 05-04-2011 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #83 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-06-2011, 10:26 AM

OoT glitch
[what console?: all platforms] [3DS, problably not]
where: Kakariko Village
what: Go next to the gate that used to block the death mountain trail, face away from the gate, on the house to your right, jump attack the corner of the house and the village wall.
the glitch: eventually you will glitch inside the house, be careful, you will likely jump off into a pit of black nothingness, once you glitch into the house look towards the door of the house and go through the door, INTO THE BAZARR!!
  #84 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Bazzar in Kakariko Village

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazius59 View Post
OoT glitch
[what console?: all platforms] [3DS, problably not]
where: Kakariko Village
what: Go next to the gate that used to block the death mountain trail, face away from the gate, on the house to your right, jump attack the corner of the house and the village wall.
the glitch: eventually you will glitch inside the house, be careful, you will likely jump off into a pit of black nothingness, once you glitch into the house look towards the door of the house and go through the door, INTO THE BAZARR!!
can be a very useful speed-running tactic if you don't know where the hylian shield in the graveyard is!
Last Edited by PoketroidX; 05-07-2011 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Something i didn't tell what it was Reply With Quote
  #85 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2011, 04:33 AM
Now with a taste for human flesh
View Posts: 362

In either OOT or MM repeatedly pressing the Z-targeting button rapidly will cause Link's running animation to be interrupted, allowing you to do the Z-target dance in any straight line.

This post has been edited at least this many
  #86 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-11-2011, 02:38 PM
Majora's Mask Fanboy
View Posts: 111

Game: "Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask"
System: Nintendo 64; Nintendo Gamecube; Nintendo Wii
Where: Curiosity Shop, West Clock Town
When: Any day from 10:00 P.M. to 5:59 A.M.
What: Swap Items for Bottle
How: This is similar to a previously mentioned glitch, but it's for Majora's Mask. Go into the Curiosity Shop with a bottle containing a fish, Zora Egg, bug, etc. Talk to the proprietor of the store, give him the bottle with with whatever you placed in it, then right before Link raises the rupee above his head (As in, right after you select the yes option to the proprietor's offer of whatever amount of rupees), pause the game, and then assign any other item (including masks) to the button the bottle used to be on. The item will be replaced by an empty bottle, and the original bottle will still have whatever you put in it. You'll also get rupees.
How it will affect a save file: This does permanently replace items with bottles, so it would not be advisable to save after performing this glitch unless you are absolutely sure that you want a bottle to replace an item (such as event items like the Title Deeds. If you get those again, the item will replace the bottle).
Difficulty: 6/10

Where: Curiosity Shop, West Clock Town
When: Any day from 10:00 P.M. to 5:59 A.M.
What: Back in Time to the Initial Cycle
How: Do the glitch mentioned before with the Ocarina. Once you do this, the game will behave as if you're in the initial cycle (however, time will pass like it does during every other cycle). Termina Field will lack music and enemies as well, and Tatl will keep telling you how much time there is left. Every other location besides Termina Field is not affected. Unfortunately, the Skull Kid does not have the Ocarina if you encounter him on the Clock Tower, which means that you cannot make a permanent save after you activate this glitch unfortunately.
How it will affect a save file: Since you cannot save after performing the glitch, do not perform it during a cycle that you planned to save. Otherwise, because one cannot save after performing this glitch, it is harmless to save files.
Difficulty: 6/10

Where: Any place where you can use the Hookshot.
When: At any time
What: Red Marker Doesn't want to Leave.
How: This a rather useless glitch that is easy to perform. Basically, just hold Z (L on VC or Collector's Edition), ready the Hookshot, fire it, press R twice before it starts coming back to you, and let go of the Z (L). The red marker will not go away. It will stay on Link if he's standing. It will move with the Hookshot when Link runs. Rolling, putting away the Hookshot, swimming, using the Hookshot again, putting on a transformation mask, or grabbing onto a ledge gets rid of this effect.
How it will affect a save file: This has no positive or negative effects on a save file.
Difficulty: 1/10

I might edit this post and list more.
Last Edited by _KERO_; 06-11-2011 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: zay
  #87 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-23-2011, 10:51 AM
Goron
View Posts: 235

Found this on AVGN's channel

#88 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-23-2011, 11:30 AM
Ordinary Magician
View Posts: 629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ge°rge View Post
Found this on AVGN's channel

I've done some of these on the regular one lol.

Anyways, this is what I came here to post;

I've read everywhere that the ONLY way to do the infinite sword glitch is if you have the action command to something like grab, read, etc. but I accidently did this glitch while fighting the stalfos king guy in Majora's Mask, no bombs in front of me, nothing to read anywhere, or anything like that. This means it IS possible to do at at ANY time WITHOUT bombs or a sign, or rock, or anything like that. I still don't know how I did it, but it was on the golden cartridge of the N64 US NTSC version of Majora's Mask.
  #89 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-24-2011, 09:09 AM
HayleighxLink HayleighxLink is a female United Kingdom HayleighxLink is offline
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 13

Its hard to explain, as a child, if you jump between the edge of the bridge at the entrance of the castle in hyrule field and edge leading to the water link goes crazy and gets stuck, it gets all jumpy.
  #90 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-01-2011, 03:53 AM
Archmage
Send a message via Skype™ to Elminster
View Posts: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artmgjr View Post
I've read everywhere that the ONLY way to do the infinite sword glitch is if you have the action command to something like grab, read, etc. but I accidently did this glitch while fighting the stalfos king guy in Majora's Mask, no bombs in front of me, nothing to read anywhere, or anything like that. This means it IS possible to do at at ANY time WITHOUT bombs or a sign, or rock, or anything like that. I still don't know how I did it, but it was on the golden cartridge of the N64 US NTSC version of Majora's Mask.
It actually isn't strictly true that you can only get ISG with something on the action icon. It's possible to get ISG off damage, though I'd never heard of it being possible in the Ikana fight....however, that's the only way I can imagine you got it.

The easiest way to get damage ISG is to crouch stab a Nejiron. Try it sometime

edit: also possible to get ISG of Tatl prompts, as long as they aren't from targeting an enemy/interesting object
Last Edited by Elminster; 07-02-2011 at 04:34 PM. Reason: adding info Reply With Quote
  #91 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-05-2011, 02:30 PM
HAPPY TUF PIC DAY!!!!!!! IN SOME REALITIESSSSS!!@@@@@!@!!! !!@!!!!!!@@@@@@@
View Posts: 1,526

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traeh View Post
This can be a helpful glitch if you have trouble chasing Dante inside his grave, especially if you're after the heart piece. Take out your ocarina and play one of the warp songs while you're chasing him. Navi or somebody says you can't warp (or it just informs you that you played a song, I can't remember exactly what it says) and while that text box is on the screen, you can continue running and the timer freezes for a couple seconds every time. It's tedious to play it again and again every ten steps, but it definitely gets you there in time.

That song stuck to my head for the rest of the day after watching just a few seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _KERO_ View Post
Where: Any place where you can use the Hookshot.
When: At any time
What: Red Marker Doesn't want to Leave.
How: This a rather useless glitch that is easy to perform. Basically, just hold Z (L on VC or Collector's Edition), ready the Hookshot, fire it, press R twice before it starts coming back to you, and let go of the Z (L). The red marker will not go away. It will stay on Link if he's standing. It will move with the Hookshot when Link runs. Rolling, putting away the Hookshot, swimming, using the Hookshot again, putting on a transformation mask, or grabbing onto a ledge gets rid of this effect.
How it will affect a save file: This has no positive or negative effects on a save file.
Difficulty: 1/10
This works in Ocarina of Time as well. In that game, you can just press the hookshot button once, hold Z, press R once, and let go of Z to show the laster dot. If you walk around and hold Z afterwards, he can only move sideways, so moving the control stick up and down will cause him to look instead of move. Peculiar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayleighxLink View Post
Its hard to explain, as a child, if you jump between the edge of the bridge at the entrance of the castle in hyrule field and edge leading to the water link goes crazy and gets stuck, it gets all jumpy.
There's quite a few places like that. Some cause permanent shakiness, like the Graveyard ledge where the heart piece box is. Once you're up there, if you jump from the box to the highest ledge, then walk off slightly once you're on it, he does the shakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville boy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitterlime View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson_Hero View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ?

the truth
  #92 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-12-2011, 11:46 PM
Thaddeus the Great Thaddeus the Great is a male United States Thaddeus the Great is offline
But WHY is the rum gone!?
Steam ID: pivot17
View Posts: 141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elminster View Post

edit: also possible to get ISG of Tatl prompts, as long as they aren't from targeting an enemy/interesting object
Actually, you can get an ISG off of Navi/Tatl's enemy notifications. Just crouch stab, (on the frame where his sword sticks out maximum length) Z target (the enemy) , and press C up.

It's nearly frame perfect.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezi View Post
I've been practicing the Infinite Sword Glitch on MM recently, and I was wondering if anyone knew of a variation of the glitch to use with Deku Link, with his bubble attack maybe.
Deku Link doesn't have a crouch stab attack.
Sorry to disappoint you.

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FierceDeity345 View Post
Who here is familiar with the Bombchu Hover glitch? It's a glitch in both OoT and MM that is very useful for sequence breaking. For those who aren't familiar with it, this video shows it in both games. For those who are familiar with it, I'm having some trouble; perhaps someone could help me?

First of all, I'm playing on GameCube, so the L button is used in place of the Z button. I'm attempting the glitch as Young Link. I back up to a ledge while holding L with the infinite sword glitch activated. I'm wearing the Deku Shield. While continuing to hold down on the analog stick and the L button, I take out my Fairy Slingshot, which aims up into the sky. I believe the next part is where I keep messing up. In rapid succession, I attempt to hit A (to perform a backflip), the C button corresponding to the Fairy Slingshot, the C button corresponding to the Bombchu, and the R button (to shield), in that order, all before landing from my backflip. It's not working... does anyone know where I'm making a mistake?

Thanks!
I know your problem. you also may want to let go of the Analog Stick just as you press A, that may prevent you from flipping out of the explosion range.
  #93 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2011, 11:54 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 13

Found this one 5 mins ago on mm for the gamecube. Pretty useless though. If you wear kamaros mask and change areas press b as soon as you regain control and you will swing your sword. You can't use it unless you do a jump attack but if you do a crouch stablike this it just acts like you swung the sword when you didn't . Glitch 2 if you find any body of water zora link can swim in and put up the electric barrier and simultaneously remove the mask there will be fog in that area. This is temporarily removed by spin attacks, the song of storms and other lighting changes and is permanently removed by area change
  #94 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-17-2011, 02:33 PM
Archmage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivotguyDC1 View Post
Actually, you can get an ISG off of Navi/Tatl's enemy notifications. Just crouch stab, (on the frame where his sword sticks out maximum length) Z target (the enemy) , and press C up.
You can get ISG off of Navi's enemy notifications. You cannot, in fact, get ISG off of Tatl's (she actually has to ding you).

And I was talking about Tatl in the first place, so I didn't feel the need to mention that you could do it with Navi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FierceDeity345
Who here is familiar with the Bombchu Hover glitch? It's a glitch in both OoT and MM that is very useful for sequence breaking. For those who aren't familiar with it, this video shows it in both games. For those who are familiar with it, I'm having some trouble; perhaps someone could help me?

First of all, I'm playing on GameCube, so the L button is used in place of the Z button. I'm attempting the glitch as Young Link. I back up to a ledge while holding L with the infinite sword glitch activated. I'm wearing the Deku Shield. While continuing to hold down on the analog stick and the L button, I take out my Fairy Slingshot, which aims up into the sky. I believe the next part is where I keep messing up. In rapid succession, I attempt to hit A (to perform a backflip), the C button corresponding to the Fairy Slingshot, the C button corresponding to the Bombchu, and the R button (to shield), in that order, all before landing from my backflip. It's not working... does anyone know where I'm making a mistake?

Thanks!
(editing post, too lazy to use the proper format for quote tags, sorry, just noticed I should address it)

You're supposed to hold the slingshot button down, backflip with A, then quickly LET GO of the slingshot button, then quickly press chu button, then R to shield. That's the order for the buttons. The timing is pretty strict, so be careful. Be careful not to pull out the bombchu until Link has actually fired the deku seed, since if he doesn't fire the deku seed his backflip momentum won't be halted, you'll get a full distance backflip and the chu explosion won't hit Link's shield. Careful not to pull out/shield the chu too late, too, because if Link hits terminal velocity, he'll fall too far from the explosion and again it won't hit his shield. Also keep in mind that you can control the height and distance of your hover by varying the timing at which you release the deku seed. The earlier you release it, the more height you get; the later you release it, the more distance you get, up until the point where you fall too fast for the explosion to hit your shield.

edit: you must hold L if you are doing this from the ground, if you are already hovering and doing another slingshot hover for extra distance/height you can hold it if it makes you comfortable but it's not necessary. if you unlock the camera by targetting something though then do not press or hold L unless you wish to relock the camera...you can change your angle with the unlocked camera by walking forward + slightly left or right, then letting the control stick snap back to neutral for a split second then jamming the control stick in the direction you want Link to face, then you would press L to relock the camera in the new angle. if you want to do this anywhere even without targettable objects/enemies then you can actually target the bombchu you do the hover from...targetting an instaexploding shield dropped bombchu is frame perfect though so its difficult

In MM, you have a lot of subtle control over Link. The distance you pull the control stick away from the centre and the length of time you hold it there for all affect aspects of your movement during sidehops and backflips. This is not so in OoT, barring a handful of exceptions (and we're talking about matters of subpixels in the exceptions here). Hold the control stick as far back and for as long as you like; as long as it's enough to make Link backflip, it'll do the job.
Last Edited by Elminster; 07-17-2011 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #95 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-22-2011, 09:20 AM
Too many waifus will destroy your laifu

View Posts: 6,040

Game: OoT

Game 1
Platform: N64 (version 1.0 of the game is required.
When: whenever you want.
Where: the fishing pond.
Requirements: you can be a child or adult.
Effect: Steal the fishing rod.
Here's what ya do: Walk into the fishing hole and pay for a round of fishing. Then walk over to the back of the pond where the rocks and the small stream is. Stand on a rock and walk off, but try and cast your rod just as your walking off. If you did it right, you can move around with the line cast and should be able to walk out the door.

Glitch 2

Platform: IDK... Works on N64.
When: at the beginning of the game.
Where: in the fence maze with all the signs.
Requirements: Deku nuts, kokori sword and deku shield.
Effect: leave woods early.
Here's how: before you talk to the deku tree, walk over to the tunnel you would crawl through to get the kokori sword. Start crawling through, but crawl back out the way you came in. Hurry and read the sign right next to the tunnel entrance while the game is still in widescreen format. If done correctly, you should be able to use Deku nuts while reading the sign. Use one and you will be able to move around freely while reading the sign. Now you must work your way to the forest exit while seeing only a close up of the sign. You can press Z and Navi will fly over to the sign, so you can judge by distance and which direction she came from how far away you are. If you make it to the exit, you wont be stopped but Saria will still give you the ocarina.
  #96 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-22-2011, 10:56 AM
Archmage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonixink View Post
Glitch 2

Platform: IDK... Works on N64.
When: at the beginning of the game.
Where: in the fence maze with all the signs.
Requirements: Deku nuts, kokori sword and deku shield.
Effect: leave woods early.
Here's how: before you talk to the deku tree, walk over to the tunnel you would crawl through to get the kokori sword. Start crawling through, but crawl back out the way you came in. Hurry and read the sign right next to the tunnel entrance while the game is still in widescreen format. If done correctly, you should be able to use Deku nuts while reading the sign. Use one and you will be able to move around freely while reading the sign. Now you must work your way to the forest exit while seeing only a close up of the sign. You can press Z and Navi will fly over to the sign, so you can judge by distance and which direction she came from how far away you are. If you make it to the exit, you wont be stopped but Saria will still give you the ocarina.
This works on all versions of the game. Only deku nuts are required; the sword and shield are unneeded.
Last Edited by Elminster; 07-22-2011 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #97 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-20-2011, 07:23 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 7

when you meet zelda and can look throught the window use a bomb when you get one and you can go throught the wall(N64 version)
  #98 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-13-2011, 08:12 AM
Archmage

Ocarina of Time: Where the ♥♥♥♥ is Dead Hand? - YouTube
(warning: strong language :3 )

i have no idea how this happened

you're pretty much screwed if this happens. you need to save and quit to get out of the room (you can also kill yourself but i didn't have any explosives)

does not damage the game file

i was kinda pissed at first but it's funny in retrospect
Last Edited by Elminster; 10-13-2011 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #99 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-14-2011, 07:24 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 11
Question Epona Glitch: Ride In Another Form

Majora's Mask.

Alright, this glitch had already been done before.... But it glitched up my game unexpectedly.

I did this glitch from the Zelda Wiki:
Have the Goron mask (or Zora mask) assigned to a C-button and call Epona. Ride to Southern Swamp or Milk Road and find the Owl Statue. Save while still on Epona. Start the game again and Link should still be on Epona. Link will now be able to use the C-Buttons while riding Epona.
Using the above glitch, press the C-Button the Goron Mask or Zora Mask was equipped to. Link should change into Goron or Zora form and not able to fit on Epona. Press the analog stick forward to find that Epona can be used without having Link on her. If the A Button is pressed, it will say that he can't fit on Epona, but he'll actually be riding in mid-air above her. Exit Milk Road and he'll be riding her as Goron or Zora Link! He can also do this in Clock Town if the Ride Epona Anywhere Glitch is used.
CAUTION: If the bow is brought out as Goron Link, the game will freeze.

Okay. I did this glitch with Goron Link, and nothing went wrong.
Then I did it as Deku Link. And, it was pretty cool. The only weird thing was that he shot arrows out of his mouth.

But, then, when I get off of Epona and transform back into normal Link, the green button at the top of the screen, which is supposed to have a sword, now shows an icon of the deku nut.

So, basically, every time I try to use the b button- which is now a deku nut- no sword comes out. At all. No matter WHAT I do. My b button is now only available to deku nut use. I've tried every possible way with the glitch to get the sword back, but nothing's working......

Any thoughts???? Help? Please?
Last Edited by Deidara82muffins; 10-14-2011 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #100 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-14-2011, 08:05 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,022

- How to perform the glitch (if you are not quite sure how it happened give as much detail as possible).

Slightly pull out the cartridge in N64 oot. than without causing the game to turn off or freeze put it back in properly.
- What are the effects of the glitch? What does the glitch do?
It makes link jump around.
- Was the glitch helpful or dangerous to the game file?
Helpful since you could go into hyrule with out doing the duku tree.(jump over the guy blocking the entry)
- Write a brief paragraph describing your thoughts on the glitch. Do you think it's a cool glitch, or was it just a stupid one?

I thought it was cool. Since you could go and do the other dungeons first before returning to the Duku tree. You will have to end up going back and doing the duku tree again anyway, so it is not like you get to skip it but if you want to get into Hyrule straight away, it may be useful.

Tags
final day, glitch, glitches, majora's mask, oot, spider house