- User Lists
- Send a Message to ManInTheChair
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 20 of 31
- Yeah, I don't know man, I really enjoy the show. I've bought a couple toys (but to put this into perspective I have a fairly big toy collection from video games, other cartoons, etc. It's not about playing with them, it's just about showing support for something I enjoy.), listen to a lot of the fan made music, and generally fit into the "brony" mold. (though I find the term a little silly, personally)
I definitely get that there are people in the fanbase that can be incredibly obnoxious, but that's hardly exclusive to the Friendship is Magic fandom. Hardcore fans of anything are going to have crazies. It's the very nature of a fandom. It's not fair to hate on the source material, or even the more moderate fans because the vocal minority are out of their minds, ya know?
I suppose I just don't see the harm in being a big fan of something. What does it matter if a grown, working person buys pony toys? What's the problem if they like the cartoon without having kids? The creator of the show, Lauren Faust, has even said that she made the show for kids and their parents, so it stands to reason that adult animation fans would like it regardless of having kids. That makes sense to me. I love cartoons, and have especially loved the resurgence of really good ones in the past few years (Misadventures of Flapjack, Adventure Time, Regular Show, Phineas and Ferb, Avatar, etc) and Friendship is Magic is just another check in that column for me.
I generally take a "haters gonna hate" approach to people giving pony fans a hard time, but you seemed like a fairly reasonable guy (until you started implying pony fans are both pedophiles and zoophiles ), so I figured I'd ask why you felt that way. For age reference, I'm 23, and have friends that both like the show and dislike the show.
(as a side note, I can totally understand not enjoying the show. Different strokes for different folks, but if you haven't watched it I would recommend giving it a shot. It's only 22 minutes long and you might enjoy it! Life's all about trying new ♥♥♥♥, right? )
- HIYA! ^_^
Yup, seems like we've both been pretty busy! Ick, sounds like it must've been a hard class. At least the professor was nice though, and wasn't the cause of it all. I've been busy with college, as well--I'm just glad it's the Christmas holidays so I have a little time to relax! Hmm, a screenplay? That's snazzy, what's it about? Or is that top secret so far? ...hehe, Stephanie Meyers. ^.^
Wow, that's a pretty star-studded concert! A wave AND an approving directional point? SUCCESS!!! ^___^ You've seen several celebrities over the past few months actually, haven't you? (:
I've been so busy, so I'm finally glad to have a few weeks of peace. Still don't know what I want to do with my life...kind of annoying. Hopefully I'll figure it all out soon!
- HEEYYYYY! I'm finally back at ZU from my two month break for school stuff, and I definitely missed our chatting. Wow, so it sounds like you got to see Joss Whedon?! I hope life is good for you right now--message me when you get the chance! ^_^
- I'm not too worried about finding a dream, I'm content to just keep living how I'm living. I have some goals, finish college is one of them for sure.
I've never owned a 360 and the only 360 game I've ever played was Fable II. Actually, the only functional gaming console I have right now is a Game Cube.
It can be wonderful to have a kid of my own, but since I'm so young, many challenges have been presented. Especially since the general public sorta looks down on me for it.
- So, of course I googled your college (totally not creepy at all, right?), and it's near Cleveland, Ohio..? Ooooh. Is it nice there?
I'm planning on starting community college next fall. Gonna study computers. It's not my dream, but to be honest, I don't have a dream career.
That's awesome it sounds like you're leading your life exactly where you want it to go, that's so cool. It's amazing you have a dream and you're going for it. Good job!
I also have quite an interest in Japan, they've got a crazy culture that I love learning about!
I liiike Nintendo but I'm not an intense fan. I'm lovelovelove Zelda, Mario is really fun, never played Metroid. But video games in general are what I love. I started off with an xbox, must kids started with Nintendo.
I've always wanted to learn to use Photoshop, but never really did other than the very basics. I've never had an interest in photography though. Despite how well the two go together.
That's really sweet you love kids and volunteer and stuff, that's so cute! I have a kid, actually.
- Haha, I'm not an old timer, I'm one of the newer members, actually.
I ought to clean and organize my room as well, but I don't feel like it.
I just mowed the lawn! I'm doing great. Is it weird to enjoy mowing the lawn? Haha I just love being outside.
- Really? I'm glad to hear that. I mean, I can clearly tell when a film was filmed in 3D or if it was just converted, most of the time. I'm a bit on the fence about 3D, but if it's well done then I'll surely enjoy it.
That is so cool that The Avengers is near you--do you think that you'll be able to visit the set or anything? I'm a big fan of Joss Whedon, so it would be amazing if you had the chance to see him, he's done so many great TV shows. ^-^ Plus, NASA is cool in itself, so it sounds like your dad has a pretty exciting time at work!
- Sounds like things are going well--are you liking the job so far? Hmm, I was thinking about seeing a movie tonight. If my friend wants to see Harry Potter again, we will, otherwise, Captain America it is! ...oh wow, where does your dad work?!
- Quote:I can't wait! I applied to be an extra for the Cleveland shoot! Waited in line; got a nice little sunburn and everything! I hope I get called back!
- Hmm, I don't like milkshakes, sadly. But, now that I can pretty much eat anything, I wanted to go to chik-fil-a today and eat some delicious solid food--never made it there, it was sad. Weird that we both had them taken out around the same time, huh? ^.^
- About ManInTheChair
- Favourite Zelda Game
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
- Favourite Zelda Character
- I'm creative; they're different!
- Northeast Someplace
- Making/watching movies; video games; photography/drawing
- Freelance Screenwriter
- United States
- Date of Birth
- July 6, 1991 (21)
What an excellent application of electricity!