Royal HylianRed Dingo
- User Lists
- Send a Message to Red Dingo
- Instant Messaging
- Send an AIM message to Red Dingo
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 20 of 50
- It's also dangerous to assume that everyone will communicate perfectly, especially in this example where the imperfection was so easy to pick up on that it could be assumed that he assumed you'd know what he meant (pawptart isn't the type to argue "you can't claim X no matter what", and emphasis was placed on evidence).
I mean, that's why we have the principle of charity at all.
- Quote:Originally Posted by Red DingoQuote:Originally Posted by pawptartThe null hypothesis would be that there is no god, and all of reality is not formed by the supernatural.
You can make that claim with no sources, since it's effectively the default case and the other cases have yet to be proven, but you can't make the claim that God is a man-made creation without evidence. I agree with mattj.
as with anyone who makes a claim resembling "you can't claim that-", he clearly meant "you can't validly claim that-"
- Eh, there are boring point of view characters in every book For me, the first three books the boring chapters were Bran (up till he reached the wall), and Davos. Then it was the Iron Islanders & Brienne for Feast.
The reason why I VMed you is because I'm corralling all of ZUer's fans of A Song of Ice & Fire to the social group: Zelda Universe Forums - A Song of Ice and Fire fans Join if you want. I say, leave the forum thread to mainly discuss about the tv show, but we can have the Social Group to discuss about the books (without being afraid of giving away spoilers to the tv-only viewers). I've created a discussion thread for each book (so far everybody seems to be shy to talk), but feel free to be the first to start the party.
- Quote:N0. Morality is a concept that people use to maintain a society they establish. A law exists only in so far that enough people agree to abide by it. That has been one of the guiding principles in the dealings between individuals and civilizations. What you call "stealing", others would call survival of the fittest. The Palestinians didn't have the strength to prevent their land from being taken from them by force of arms therefore they did not get to keep it.
Furthermore, the logic of your argument means that no modern state or nation has a right to exist, not even Palestine, because they were born from people taking land from another. The Palestinians who lived there before the Israelis had taken that same land from another people. Before them it was ruled by Jews, Greeks, Romans. Before all of those people it belonged to the Canaanites. America, England, France...those too were established on land that once belonged to someone else.
So tell me, what makes Palestine so special? Thus far all I've seen coming from such arguments reeks of hypocrisy.
Say what you want, but Israeli soldiers have attacked civilians. The only reason we call Palestinian acts terrorism is because they are not officially recognized as having their own state.
That is what "conquering" means. Either displacing or ruling over the people of land you invade.
Come up with something better, because I'm fed up with Pro-Israeli and Pro-Palestinian arguments that justify themselves with historical bloodshed. That ends up justifying more bloodshed. I'll be dammed before I allow my family in Israel along with thousands of innocent Palestinians and Israelis fall victim to so-called "moral law"!
You win one internet.
It's not just a capitalistic need. In case you haven' t noticed, socialism and even communism rely on the individuals of a society to be alive, healthy, and productive. In fact, EVERY society that relies on cooperation between individuals requires this. It is how we have evolved to where we are. So for an individual to willfully die especially, when there are others who rely on them, is abhorrent to people who dedicate themselves to provide for their families and communities. That's the origin of the stigma.
- About Red Dingo
- Favourite Zelda Game
- OoT, the first one I played.
- I'm a Space Cowboy/Lone Samurai/Air Pirate. And I don't have to back that up because this is the Internet.
- On Earth...for now
- Writing, Reading, Drawing, Fencing, Tricking, Gaming
- Living/finding a job
- Date of Birth
- April 4