- User Lists
- Send a Message to Ethan
- Instant Messaging
- Send a Skype message to Ethan
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 20 of 30
- Every time I see a new Professor Layton game or a webcomic that makes a reference to it, I think of you because you're the only person I ever really talked to about the game. If you do ever decide to come back, here are some webcomics waiting for you, to remind you, that you haven't been forgotten here.
- LOL I knew you would. That's why the artist is willing to create one for you...
Please send me a message if you want more information about personal requests of engraving
- awesome! it's great you're back cuz then you can remember friends and meet new ones!
Well the DS keeps making evoloutions, like a pokemon. I first got the ds, then the ds lite, not the dsi or dsixl but i will get the 3ds because it has 3d graphics.
- Well I sorta can see why you'd think that's lame, but that has to go with every single game series and system. Take Final Fantasy for example. That's a series that has many games but it's spanded over different console generations throughout the years. So if you're happy playing the current games you own, that's great. But if you want to play the newer games, you have to buy the latest systems. That's just how it works with a lot of marketing ploys. Take movies as another example: They don't create movies on VHS tapes anymore. It's DVDs and Bluerays. And what's after Blueray? Probably a Kryptonian Crystal that can holographically project the movie in front of you
But you get my point.
The "good news" is that Layton#5 will be on the 3DS. You still have #3 & #4 to play. That's plenty of time to save up for a 3DS (that is if you want one). Like I said in a previous VM according to the rate Layton games are coming out, you could possibly expect the 5th game to come out Fall of 2012. The 3DS itself (suposibly) comes out in the first quarter of 2011, so really, that's 18 months to save up (that is IF the people at Level 5 games will continue the rate process of distributing their games. Who knows, Layton #5 could very well be one of the opening games you can purchase with the new system).
I'm sorta miffed about myself purchasing a DSi. One year ago from this very month I bought a DSi. I still own it. But with the official anouncement of the 3DS, I don't know, but, I've spent less and less time using my DSi.
- Damn, I was looking forward to the Professor fighting. A WILD SHERLOCK HOLMES APPEARED!!!
I didn't watch E3 live as it aired, I was on vacation. But when I returned and watched the videos, I was very pleasantly surprised to read that they've created a Golden Sun sequel (FINALLY!!!).
Speaking of the Professor and E3, I read that one of the latest sequels to Professor Layton's games will appear on the 3DS. So if you're looking forward in playing it, you might have to purchase a 3DS in 3-5 years time.
What was your favorite part?
- Very true, it doesn't take that long to translate a game in any language. Heck most European games come with the option of at least 3-5 languages before you start a new game file. The only reason I can think of is they want some time for people to buy the previous game and let it settle in people's minds. It's like anything else that comes in a series (like books).
A Layton RPG game? Is there any battling involved? *Imagines Layton throwing a rubic's cube at an enemy*
The cinematics do give a sense of accomplishment in the game like "yay, I made it to a new check-point!" or something. Have you ever played Tales of Symphonia? Great game, it has like 1-3 anime cutscenes, but it honestly deserved more.
- I actually have not purchased/played the second game yet Don't spoil anything for me just yet.
I see that according to wikipedia the third one is coming out in North America on September 20th. Hmm it certainly seems like it took them long enough! That's nearly 2 years! The first one only took a year after Japan's release date, why couldn't the 2nd and 3rd games act accordingly? At this rate we'll see the fourth game November 2011 and the 5th game Fall of 2012 (which will be on the 3DS). Although it took them 2 years for the 2nd game at least they are coming in 1 year intervals so it'll feel more natural...like waiting for the next book in a series.
To be honest, that's one of the things I loved about the first game, the cinematics! Heck that's one of the things I love about video games in general, those minor cutscenes that make it seem like you're watching a movie.
- About Ethan
- Favourite Zelda Game
- The Windwaker
- Favourite Zelda Character
- I Like Puzzles :D
- Vancouver B.C. Canada
- Listening to tunes. Drumming. Partying. Zu-ing!
- MAIDEN IS GOD