Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: Bear, Kangaroo, or Dodongo?
Moosh 1 2.33%
Ricky 15 34.88%
Dimitri 27 62.79%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-26-2008, 05:30 PM
Tribunal Lord of Wisdom
View Posts: 495
Moosh, Ricky, or Dimitri?

I'm sure there has been a thread about this before, but I don't see one around, so here goes...

In OoX, which pet did you choose? I chose Moosh when I first played OoA, and Ricky when I first played OoS (they are the defaults for their respective games). Ricky was okay, but I hated Moosh, ugh. After playing through a couple times though, I chose Dimitri, and he rocks! Dimitri the Dodongo is definitely my favorite pet. He's the coolest, he can eat enemies and you can throw him at enemies. Moosh can only pound enemies and Ricky can only punch them, but the D-tri's got it all. So who's your favorite and why?
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-27-2008, 09:52 AM
Aerodynamic
View Posts: 691
Re: Moosh, Ricky, or Dimitri?

ricky, he's cool

---------------------------------
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-27-2008, 10:28 AM
Born to play Zelda.
View Posts: 231

Ricky is so cool.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-27-2008, 10:38 AM
broken
View Posts: 1,784

It's all about Dmitri. Nothing beats riding a giant red lizard that eats your enemies. If only he could breathe fire..

I guess that would make him too awesome for the game to handle.

#5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-27-2008, 11:57 AM
Kokiri
View Posts: 68

ricky is the best!!!
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-27-2008, 12:40 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,385

Moosh. I love him sooooo much!

I don't care if all he can do is smash things with his butt, he is a friggin huge blue flying bear.
Last Edited by Ambivalence; 10-27-2008 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Bow down before the one you serve, you're going to get what you deserve.
View Posts: 6,435

Ricky is my choice, but Dimitri's awesome too.
Moosh...uh...yeah. Why is he in the game again?

Voted Best Zelda Theorist Summer 2008, Winter 2008, and Summer 2009
Voted Most Knowledgeable of Zelda Winter 2008.
Voted Most Dedicated Theorist Summer 2009

ZeldaInformer | Forums | Bombers Notebook | The Bombers | Resources
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-27-2008, 02:29 PM
HARK HARK
Wii U ID: Dr-Reggie (PM me first) 3DS ID: 3153-4263-2807 (PM me first)
View Posts: 7,306

I have always hated Moosh too. Whenever I play OoA and get to the point where I *have* to ride him for the flippers... I always cringe at that part. However I had found a trick to using him. Keep pressing A quickly over and over again. :/ I remember once when I accidentally got the Moosh flute in OoS furing my first playthrough when I intended to get Dimitri's. I was so angry that I had literally erased my file and started all over again. Damn you Moosh.

Ricky is okay. He's certainly a lot better than Moosh any day.

And finally, Dimitri. He is my absolute favorite. He can swim and climb up waterfalls. Although I'm not exactly too fond of his biting attack or throwing him. Throwing him is a bit too much of a hassle and he is pretty slow when chomping on stuff. I prefer Ricky's punching over Dimitri's attacks.

Still, Dimitri is the best in my humble opinion.

[Art Thread] [Tumblr][Sig by .Hog]
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-27-2008, 04:25 PM
TourianTourist TourianTourist is a male Germany TourianTourist is offline
ZeldaEurope Staff
Send a message via Skype™ to TourianTourist
View Posts: 1,165

Well, I've played through Oracles three times and each time I've chosen another animal. The interesting part is, that in both games one entire part of the world completely depends on what animal you've chosen. For example, you select Ricky, you get a prairie like landscape, a flooded terrain with Dimitri and some kind of wasteland filled with holes if you go with Moosh.

So, I guess, choosing your favorite animal does not only depend on its abilities, but also on what kind of landscape you like the most.

Place 1 for me is definitely Ricky. He looks cool, his attacks are strong and fast, he is the only pet, who has ranged attacks and he is the fastest (or at least feels like the fastest). Plus, his landscapes look the best, they remind me on the Ukuku Prairie in Link's Awakening, one of my favorite areas there.

Place 2 is Dimitri, a swimming Dodongo, how nice is that? With his ability to swim he can cover twice as much landscape than the other animals. But when you get the Mermaid Suit in Ages, he gets pretty much useless there. Also, his attack may be strong, but you have to get close to your enemies, which makes you vulnerable. Carrying him is cool, but I don't get the point about that. Shouldn't he the one, who carries you? xD But at least you can throw him over the gaps, Ricky normally jumps over. About his areas, they are all water. In Oracle of Ages this may be a little bit too much, but if you like lakes, rivers and currents, go for it.

Last and definitely least: Moosh. Don't know, if Capcom just couldn't come up with a better idea, but he sucks. I first played Ages and didn't know how to "select" your favorite animal, so I got Moosh, because he's default. And he annoyed me. His controls don't work too good, always pressing A quickly for long time periods... Attacking enemies can be a pain in the ass and the worst of the worst, his areas. Hundreds of holes in an ugly wasteland, filled with Leevers, who are pretty much the best Anti-Moosh-weapon out there, because they always disappear right in the moment, you try to crash on them. And then popping up again, hurting you good. I normally lose quite a bunch of health when going through his area in Oracle of Seasons...
Last Edited by TourianTourist; 10-27-2008 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-27-2008, 05:16 PM
BigGoronSword BigGoronSword is a male Dominican Republic BigGoronSword is offline
RIP Robin Williams (8/11/14)
Send a message via AIM to BigGoronSword Send a message via Yahoo to BigGoronSword

View Posts: 11,257

Quote:
Originally Posted by TourianTourist View Post
Place 1 for me is definitely Ricky. He looks cool, his attacks are strong and fast, he is the only pet, who has ranged attacks and he is the fastest (or at least feels like the fastest). Plus, his landscapes look the best, they remind me on the Ukuku Prairie in Link's Awakening, one of my favorite areas there.

Place 2 is Dimitri, a swimming Dodongo, how nice is that? With his ability to swim he can cover twice as much landscape than the other animals. But when you get the Mermaid Suit in Ages, he gets pretty much useless there. Also, his attack may be strong, but you have to get close to your enemies, which makes you vulnerable. Carrying him is cool, but I don't get the point about that. Shouldn't he the one, who carries you? xD But at least you can throw him over the gaps, Ricky normally jumps over. About his areas, they are all water. In Oracle of Ages this may be a little bit too much, but if you like lakes, rivers and currents, go for it.

Last and definitely least: Moosh. Don't know, if Capcom just couldn't come up with a better idea, but he sucks. I first played Ages and didn't know how to "select" your favorite animal, so I got Moosh, because he's default. And he annoyed me. His controls don't work too good, always pressing A quickly for long time periods... Attacking enemies can be a pain in the ass and the worst of the worst, his areas. Hundreds of holes in an ugly wasteland, filled with Leevers, who are pretty much the best Anti-Moosh-weapon out there, because they always disappear right in the moment, you try to crash on them. And then popping up again, hurting you good. I normally lose quite a bunch of health when going through his area in Oracle of Seasons...
I'd have to agree with you on all points. When it comes to Dimitri (the first known GOOD Dodongo in the LoZ universe) I thought it would have been cool if you could pick him up and throw him at enemies (causing them damange, as if you were throwing a boulder). That way, he would have close and long range attacks. But they didn't think of that sadly. But like you said, after getting the mermaid suit, he's pretty much useless (there aren't many waterfalls nor enemies in water).

I too am a Moosh hater. His only attack has to be charged up (like a spin attack...which is basically it's range). The only thing that's good about him is if you actually want to make the game slightly harder, then he's the friend to choose.

I honestly hope Nintendo decides to use this friend-system again. In ALttP if you caught a Bee and released it, it would help you defeat enemies on the screen. Why not have that boxing penguin be a friend? He could be slow on land, but very agile in aquatic areas (this of course includes all forms of water like ice & snow).

Then again, if we're to ever have more friends that could help in the fight (ala Bow-wow in LA) then I'd probably expect a few more enemies on the screen to add onto the challenge (but not as much as FSA).

-BGS

[ZeldaWiki][Forum Mods][Rules][ZUChat][Newbie Guide]
"If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans"-Van Zant
Giving up means you're willing to live with how things are-BGS
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-27-2008, 06:14 PM
Theorist of two sides
View Posts: 8,038

I like ricky exept for the way he moves... it's so damn annoying!

Moosh is okay... I used to like him, but I decided that his attacks were'nt very good.

Dimitri is cool aswell, but all in all I like Ricky the most.

Best Theorist Fall 2007, Summer 2011 ; Most Devoted Theorist Summer 2010, Winter 2011, Summer 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnorv
You see, Pine, you and I - we're the superheroes of ZU.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-27-2008, 10:27 PM
A bigger Zeldafag than you
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeruda
View Posts: 606

I really like Dimitri the most. He was pretty easy to control, and I liked his abilities. I didn't care much for Ricky... dunno, why, just never did. Moosh was my favorite design-wise (I think he's adorable!), but utterly annoying to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislike Of Renegades View Post
superdecimal i'm not an attn whore i just like get compliments from people :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessZelda032 View Post
Lol okay? I am big chested by the way. Its hard to not cover them.
I have no tits and I'm hotter than you. So really, stop trying.
It's just not going to work for you.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Passive cannibalism.
View Posts: 935

I loved Dimitri the most. Moosh is my second favourite but the fact that Ricky is a guy and still has a pouch freeks me out. Male kangaroo's don't have pouches.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-07-2008, 09:09 AM
Tribunal Power Tribunal Power is a male United States Tribunal Power is offline
Zora Warrior
Send a message via AIM to Tribunal Power Send a message via Yahoo to Tribunal Power
View Posts: 312

Dmitri rocks.

"I can't wait to ride some dodongos!"

Top 10 Greatest Games Ever Made (and the Runner Up!)
Sathis Hlaalu, Mathias Blackharrow,
Acthaiyne Sleavuunsu, Charles Demont
MV Maru Harvuson and the NNR Harkonav
RP Cartography
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-17-2008, 02:32 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 19

1: DIMITRI!!!
2: Ricky!
3. Moosh....

I hate Moosh! he's just...boring.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-17-2008, 03:50 PM
Spirit of Seasons
Steam ID: sotiriscs
View Posts: 1,858

Ricky. Why? He's the only one I've used... Gotta try the others.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-17-2008, 04:39 PM
{][}
View Posts: 1,620

Well Ricky is the first one you come across in Oracle of Seasons, so I chose it. He's cool.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-17-2008, 04:55 PM
Linkmaster30000 Linkmaster30000 is a male United States Linkmaster30000 is offline
Lost
Send a message via AIM to Linkmaster30000
View Posts: 870

Moosh: Moves slowly, can't attack unless he jumps. Pointless beyond flying over pits. With a Pegasus Seed and Roc's Cape, you don't need him.

Ricky: Pretty darn cool. Movement is a bit erratic due to jumping, but overall a great partner for attacking and moving quickly. Obsolete after Roc's Feather for pits, though.

Dimitri: My favorite. Helpful for swimming against currents, especially in Seasons where you can't get the Mermaid Suit. Attacks are slow and don't let the enemies drop items, but that's the only downside.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-17-2008, 07:13 PM
Spirit of Seasons
Send a message via AIM to Viral
View Posts: 1,657

I always liked Moosh for his fatness when I first played, but Ricky grew on me. He's a boxer afterall. XD

Aussie pride.

Check out ZeldaInformer.

Bombers Articles: (Zelda Theorising)
The Master Sword Exposed (out of date due to SS, some images missing)
The Oocca: Engineers of Hyrule
The Great War of Ikana
The Mysteries of Malladus: The Demon King's Story

I'll be updating some articles and providing new content at Zelda Informer over December/January (2011/2012)

#20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-17-2008, 08:12 PM
Rogue 9
Send a message via AIM to Linkx7
View Posts: 159

Moosh was the first one that i played with and i didn't like him. Ricky was alright, but i always loved dimitri

Tags
dimitri, moosh, ricky