Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-21-2006, 09:59 AM
Property of Dark Linkô
Send a message via Yahoo to Dark Nero Angelo
View Posts: 258
Cool Most difficult puzzle in Gameboy Zelda

Post here the most difficult puzzle u had to solve in the zelda series.Mine was the one in the temple of droplets in MC.The room which was filled with blocks and contained 3 switches.

Thnx To Picori Pi For The Amazing Avy and Siggy

Fav.Quote:
Quote:
I Tried Sniffing Coke Once, But The Ice Cubes Got Stuck In My Nose!
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-21-2006, 09:32 PM
The Dreamcaster...
View Posts: 173
Re: Most difficult puzzle in Gameboy Zelda

I havent played very much Gb zelda but, to me, I would say the last part of ALTTP. All that jumping over lava, and I just couldent find out that boss for a while.

For Fear of Dying's myspace I'm the Bassist
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-22-2006, 04:09 AM
Deku Scrub
Send a message via AIM to blueberry pie
View Posts: 18

I have major issues with the final battle with Vaati in Four Swords. We even used a guidebook, still no luck.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-22-2006, 05:08 AM
Banned User
View Posts: 30,568

Well, the only Gameboy Zelda I've played is TMC (besides ALttP), but the hardest puzzle in it for me was in the Palace of Winds. It was trying to finish the last part of the dungeon before going to the boss. I just couldn't figure out how to get there for some time. Then I finally did somehow after so much trying. Figuring out how to beat the Gyorg Pair was a challenge too.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-25-2006, 07:07 PM
Bounty Hunter
View Posts: 44

i think one of the hardest for me that my little brother had to solve for me because he is good in that

is to solve a puzzle in the WW in an island with a house where there was this map with scrambled squares and all that
there are puzzles like that in real life and i just cant get them
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-26-2006, 04:38 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 13

Those stupid puzzles where you gotta step on all the blue squares to make them red, and you can't step on the same square twice.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-28-2006, 09:50 AM
Ciao.
View Posts: 1,068

There's a puzzle in Oracles of Ages that just drove me fits. I don't know which dungeon it's in, probably one of the later ones, but it's there.

You basically have 8 colored blocks (3 red, 3 blue, 2 of another color). And they're basically scattered all around. There's a black rock in the middle of the room that you can't move. The 8 squares around the block are painted different colors (3 red, 3 blue, 2 another). So you gotta move the 8 colored blocks to the correct squares, right?

Easier said than done. When you move one block of a color, you move the other two in the same direction. So if you push one of the red blocks to the right, the other two red blocks move right also.

That puzzle would drive me insane. Mostly because I'd get 7/8 blocks right and realize I couldn't get the last one in without moving some of the finished blocks away.
Used to post here regularly on the forum, but eventually moved on. For anyone wondering what happened to me, everything going just fine and I'm completely happy with everything I'm doing. There reaches a point where you gotta move on.

Still, thanks for the memories, ZU.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-28-2006, 10:00 AM
I go where I please, and I please where I go ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎
3DS ID: 3695-1170-6612

View Posts: 12,820

Hehe, you got it right Jims.
I haven't played OoS yet (well, first temple). Ages has so many difficult puzzles that made my brain hurt... for a while . But I found a puzzle in the Hero's cave most frustrating than difficult. It was really deep in the cave when you got to pull a lever for a while to make a stair or chest (Ugh, I don't remember) appear and having the lava route into normal floor. Now you gotta run with a peg boots and... well it was really hard and it took me HOURS to finally get through this.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-30-2006, 09:49 AM
Master SwordsMan
View Posts: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonyLonesome View Post
Well, the only Gameboy Zelda I've played is TMC (besides ALttP), but the hardest puzzle in it for me was in the Palace of Winds. It was trying to finish the last part of the dungeon before going to the boss. I just couldn't figure out how to get there for some time. Then I finally did somehow after so much trying. Figuring out how to beat the Gyorg Pair was a challenge too.
Yes I feel your pain this is the part of the MC that bugged me the most. Plus that boss rrraaahhh! man I don't even wont to talk about it.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-30-2006, 02:14 PM
No! I use that pillow!
View Posts: 1,405

The pillars in Eagle's Tower (Link's Awakening) gets on my nerves everytime

Hear Their Cries...
The Wait Til Daylight Dies...
And So Twilight Seize The Skies...
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-30-2006, 02:17 PM
Kingslayer

View Posts: 28,050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims View Post
There's a puzzle in Oracles of Ages that just drove me fits. I don't know which dungeon it's in, probably one of the later ones, but it's there.

You basically have 8 colored blocks (3 red, 3 blue, 2 of another color). And they're basically scattered all around. There's a black rock in the middle of the room that you can't move. The 8 squares around the block are painted different colors (3 red, 3 blue, 2 another). So you gotta move the 8 colored blocks to the correct squares, right?

Easier said than done. When you move one block of a color, you move the other two in the same direction. So if you push one of the red blocks to the right, the other two red blocks move right also.

That puzzle would drive me insane. Mostly because I'd get 7/8 blocks right and realize I couldn't get the last one in without moving some of the finished blocks away.
God I was stuck on that one for awhile. OoA was the only Gameboy one I played...so its the hardest and easiest. Some of those puzzles were hard, the one above the most. Does anyone remember who that blueish villan was who kidnapped the Oracle? I thought it was Vaati. I remember, even after I beat the game, there was one small block in the ocean I could never get to.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-30-2006, 05:05 PM
I am called the awkward one....
View Posts: 897

the hardest level in this area is dark hyrule castle, no other things TO get burned, shot at knock of a clock and much more
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-30-2006, 08:57 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 142

I must be incredibly stupid b/c this is the only puzzle I haven't been able to solve while millions others have easily. Doing anything in LA. I have collected like a million seashells and I can't figure out what to do. Vaati, no problem. Palace of Winds, no problem. Final dungeon, NO PROBLEM. Give me something simple to do and I break down.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-02-2006, 06:58 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 13

i hated blowing up this one wall for on of the ages. Took me years to find where it was. Then once I finished that I just blasted through the rest
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-02-2006, 10:12 PM
I'm not crazy!
Send a message via AIM to lklittle Send a message via Yahoo to lklittle
View Posts: 193

I got stuck many a time in LA. But then when IU finally realized teh solution, I felt ibncredibley dumb.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-03-2006, 12:10 PM
Goron
View Posts: 232

eagle's tower... ohh, i had nightmares of pillars falling around me. it almost made me quit zelda xD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero of the Winds View Post
Does anyone remember who that blueish villan was who kidnapped the Oracle? I thought it was Vaati.
The villain was Veran. some cheap wizard pupil... Vaati = 1337, Veran = lol

The Knights took the full brunt of the fierce attack, and although they fought courageously many a brave soul was lost that day, However, their lives were not lost in vain.

sig made by ME =).
Last Edited by Lozzie; 10-04-2006 at 01:23 AM. Reason: not a double post, yo. Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-03-2006, 07:22 PM
I'm not crazy!
Send a message via AIM to lklittle Send a message via Yahoo to lklittle
View Posts: 193

What's up with the V-lettered bad guys, I wonder.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-08-2006, 02:27 PM
PHOTOBUCKET DELETED MY SIGNATURE >:3
Send a message via AIM to Euphoria
View Posts: 4,911

Definately (I need to learn how to spell that word!) the actual Wind Palace, I'm still not completely through it!
Another great post Vaati! You just keep getting eviler!
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-08-2006, 03:49 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 5,679

Some of the Oracle puzzles were evil, and so were LA.

LA wins.........thogh......Oracles were kind a toned down, but still pretty fiendish.

But each of the boss fights in Oracles were like puzzles too......figuring out how to utilzie the item you got against it.......

And the Smog in the Crown Dungeon was a horrid mix of both.......just plain hateful. I was happy when I killed it.

You know its SEXY.

My friend's group. Join! http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...n-society.html
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-09-2006, 03:38 PM
Guardian Dragon
View Posts: 2,110

I got stuck for a few minutes on the statue puzzle in Poison Moth's Lair in OOS. There was a line of red and gray statues on the top of the room, and you had to arrange the statues on the bottom in the same way. It was hard figuring out which way to push things without getting them stuck in the wrong place. Before statue-pulling was invented, GB Zeldas sure had some challenging statue/rolly block thing puzzles. Stupid walls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims View Post

I think you're talking about the boss key puzzle from Crown Dungeon. There was an owl in the middle, not a black rock. I actually liked that one.

The floor tile puzzles with the changing colors where you couldn't backtrack or whatever were hard, too, especially the one in Skull Dungeon that only gave you a small key or something. When I finally got it, I was so disappointed to get such a crappy reward. Those puzzles made the ones in Dark Hyrule Castle in TMC look ridiculous.
Last Edited by zeldafan364; 10-09-2006 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote

Tags
difficult, gameboy, puzzle, zelda