#1001 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2013, 12:57 AM
Custom User Title
Steam ID: Khao84 Wii U ID: KhaoMortadios 3DS ID: 1075-0789-4675
View Posts: 11,583
Re: Official Handheld Zelda Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
I've read through all of your discussions on it previously, but I'm going to bring up the shop screenshot one more time.

When Aonuma released the screenshot, I only gave it a passing glance. I noticed the items, particularly the new "Wind Rod" item, but that's about it. Today, I took a close look (literally, I zoomed in and examined this stuff).

Others have noticed that Link is wearing a different tunic.

What I found more interesting is the white and blue object near Link's head. A friend and I have been look it at extensively...and I think it's an item. The carpet colors and design make it really hard to tell, but it looks like the object is connected to Link. It looks like a staff.

If it is a staff, the way Link is holding it is definitely odd, or perhaps it is on his back when not in use, like the sword.

On a related note, I don't think the "book" on the left side is a "book item". I think it's a "sold out" sign, or perhaps an instruction booklet (explaining how to use the purchased item). There is a picture on the book that looks like an item; it could even be the possible item near Link's head.

Anyone else have thoughts on this? It looks like I'm the only one in the thread to suggest it being an item.
Except it's casting a shadow of it's own, look just under Link's hat, whatever it is, it's floating.
  #1002 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2013, 01:28 AM
The Watcher
Send a message via AIM to Joshua Send a message via Skype™ to Joshua

View Posts: 408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khao View Post
Except it's casting a shadow of it's own, look just under Link's hat, whatever it is, it's floating.
Yeah, I did notice that. The more I looked at it, the less convinced I was that it is an item, but I still thought it was worthy of some discussion.

Even with the shadow, it could be something Link holds in a peculiar way (he's holding the staff backwards). Yeah, it's a stretch, but this game is already pretty odd.

Whatever the thing is, it's strange. I know there's a birdcage, but it just doesn't look like a bird...at all.

Have a question or need help with a Legend of Zelda game? Ask me! I'm always happy to help!

I'm currently playing through each Legend of Zelda game in release order. You can follow my progress on Twitter! @WatcherJoshua - Currently Playing: Link's Awakening

1 person liked this post: Khaoabunga
  #1003 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2013, 03:42 AM
Hello! And Keep Away From Castle Lemongrab
View Posts: 554

I don't think the birds on the cover art have any importance. In ALttP, there are a lot of animals running around near the Master Sword, so I think it's just another callback. What I'm the most interested in is when and how you gain access to the "Other World". Does something cause the portals to open up, will something obstruct them in the final game, or are they open from about the start? I doubt it's the latter.
  #1004 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2013, 04:03 AM
Fab Emblem
View Posts: 12,265

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
Whatever the thing is, it's strange. I know there's a birdcage, but it just doesn't look like a bird...at all.
And it shouldn't, it's the Dark World after all... remember?
  #1005 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2013, 07:18 AM
TourianTourist TourianTourist is a male Germany TourianTourist is offline
ZeldaEurope Staff
Send a message via Skype™ to TourianTourist
View Posts: 1,160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ich Will View Post
And it shouldn't, it's the Dark World after all... remember?
Actually that's Link's old house in the Light World. You can clearly see that his bed got pushed aside in the top left corner. And this also would explain, why there are all the main items from ALttP. It's Link's old stash.

Yet to play | Played | Beaten | All Items | 100%
TLoZ | TAoL | G&W | ALttP | LA | LADX | OoT | MQ | MM | OoA&OoS | ALttP&FS | TWW | FSA | TMC
TP(GCN) | TP(Wii) | LCT | TRR | PH | ST | OoT3D | FSAE | SS | TWWHD | ALBW | HW

Todo: Beat Zelda Game & Watch, Complete 2nd Quest in TWWHD, 999s Cucco Run in ALBW
  #1006 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2013, 07:50 AM
Fab Emblem

hm really, I thought that was definitely the Dark World. Couldn't the bed belong to someone that moved in after ALTTP Link though? Seems kinda strange that hundreds of years later, everything in Link's house would look almost the same...
then again, most of the overworld seems to look the same too.
Last Edited by ich Will; 09-01-2013 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #1007 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2013, 09:22 AM
King Daeron III Targaryen King Daeron III Targaryen is a male Holy Roman Empire King Daeron III Targaryen is online now
Hylio-Valyrian
Wii U ID: Basileus93
View Posts: 227

Sounds awesome, but is it basically a remake of a LttP but with a few new features? If so I hope it keeps LttP's difficulty.
Beaten but don't own: ALttP, MC

Joffrey, Tommen, Stannis, Dany, bah I'm the true King!!!
  #1008 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2013, 09:46 AM
Hello! And Keep Away From Castle Lemongrab
View Posts: 554

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylian Basileus View Post
Sounds awesome, but is it basically a remake of a LttP but with a few new features? If so I hope it keeps LttP's difficulty.
No, it's a sequel set in the same world. Completely new dungeon designs.
1 person liked this post: Nintendo fan 4ever
  #1009 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2013, 02:14 PM
Ningan the Lone Ninja
View Posts: 5,669

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokopelli View Post
No, it's a sequel set in the same world. Completely new dungeon designs.
I beg to differ:

#1010 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2013, 02:32 PM
Banned User
View Posts: 422

Same boss diffferent dungeons though.

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

And there could be a new boss here and there.
1 person liked this post: Kokopelli
  #1011 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Zelda PodSmasher
Wii U ID: Canyarion
View Posts: 2,545

About the Darknuts... I haven't played the game in ages, but obviously you don't have time to wait for them to attack. Can't you just run/roll around them and attack them from the side or something? That's what I would try anyway.
  #1012 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Topaz Mutiny Topaz Mutiny is a female United States Topaz Mutiny is online now
Wii U ID: Topaz_Mutiny 3DS ID: 5370-0400-3836
View Posts: 4,551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningan the Lone Ninja View Post
I beg to differ:

By that logic the Oracle games have the exact same dungeon designs as the original LoZ.
Online Games: ACNL, MK7, Pkmn X+Y, Miiverse

Thanks to Sugarpoultry for the pretty sig! <3
  #1013 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Nintendo fan 4ever Nintendo fan 4ever is a male Netherlands Nintendo fan 4ever is offline
Twili
Steam ID: What Steam Account?
View Posts: 445

Hey it's a sequal okay majora's mask had a lot things from ocarina of time and oracle of ages and seasons containted a lot things from link awakening. So it isn't really a problem believe me it's (a lot) different than A link to the past. And it's a totally new story. Some things are the same, but it is a new game!

.................................................. .....
Last Edited by Nintendo fan 4ever; 09-01-2013 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
2 people liked this post: Ganon Vader, Labrynian Rebel
  #1014 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2013, 11:01 PM
Fab Emblem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopalar View Post
I thought to ask, since I'm having a little difficulty, for help on the final boss in Minish Cap!

There's a point before you fight Vaati, where you have to defeat three Darknuts - I believe they're called that anyway - and I'm having some trouble on that. My tactic I use is to just shield block, wait for them to attack, then attack them quickly in the hope it does damage. I'm happy to keep doing that, but it seems I keep running out of 'time' and I get a gameover as a consequence! So if anyone had tips on how to defeat them, it would be appreciated.

Also, one time, I did get past the Darknuts to fight Vaati, but I ran into some trouble again. I kept hitting the small balls that encircle him, but then the balls got big! I tried to attack those big balls with my sword, but it didn't work. I'm sure I'd be able to figure it out, but I don't have opportunities to because of the aforementioned Darknut difficulties!

So I'd gladly appreciate some combat tips and tactics. I've looked into a guide, but they didn't give a clear description of Vaati, and didn't say anything about how to fight the Darknuts. And I'm scared to look ahead, in case of plot spoilers and things like that!

Anyway, thanks. If this has already been answered, feel free to just link to that post. I'm sure it'll help me. :3
I remember that... Use bombs, I remember that worked for me. Or the "special" Bombs if you have those.

If I recall correctly, you might wanna save the bombs for the toughest Darknut out of the three.
Last Edited by ich Will; 09-01-2013 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #1015 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-02-2013, 06:05 PM
Koops.
View Posts: 1,343

Quote:
I remember that... Use bombs, I remember that worked for me. Or the "special" Bombs if you have those.

If I recall correctly, you might wanna save the bombs for the toughest Darknut out of the three.
Ah! Thanks! I'll try to experiment with bombs, the jumping cape, things like that. Because there must be a faster way than just waiting it out!
  #1016 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-06-2013, 05:31 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 10

One thing I noticed recently about that shop screenshot is that there is a map of the light world leaning on the wall next to the bed:

It's low res, but you can make out the bottom 1/3rd of the full Hyrule map.

This seems to confirm that the shop is indeed in the light world, most likely Link's house.
  #1017 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-06-2013, 07:56 PM
Fab Emblem

OR, what if that map is of ALBW's Hyrule? It looks similar enough to be either of the two. In fact I think it looks like a sort of altered version of ALTTP's map
Last Edited by ich Will; 09-06-2013 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #1018 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-06-2013, 09:14 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 10

Quote:
OR, what if that map is of ALBW's Hyrule? It looks similar enough to be either of the two. In fact I think it looks like a sort of altered version of ALTTP's map
That's what I'm saying. It's ALBW's light world map. ALttP and ALBW share the same map with some differences. I used the ALttP map because we don't have the ALBW map and to see if there are differences. There appears to be some changes to the Lake Hylia area.
  #1019 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-06-2013, 11:21 PM
Topaz Mutiny Topaz Mutiny is a female United States Topaz Mutiny is online now
Wii U ID: Topaz_Mutiny 3DS ID: 5370-0400-3836
View Posts: 4,551

Good catch. Poor Link - only a few generations of being dead and his house is already being ransacked by total strangers.
Online Games: ACNL, MK7, Pkmn X+Y, Miiverse

Thanks to Sugarpoultry for the pretty sig! <3
4 people liked this post: Canyarion, Ganon Vader, Labrynian Rebel, StinksAwakening
  #1020 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-07-2013, 09:19 AM
Fab Emblem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argok View Post
That's what I'm saying. It's ALBW's light world map. ALttP and ALBW share the same map with some differences. I used the ALttP map because we don't have the ALBW map and to see if there are differences. There appears to be some changes to the Lake Hylia area.
Oh ok, yea there seem to be some differences to the desert as well as the area between Lake Hylia and the desert. Not a lot of changes for hundreds of years..

Tags
bomb bag, last dungeon, link's awakening, need help, pun joke link, quiver, spirit tracks, stuck, train car