Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-26-2010, 03:34 PM
ForestPrincess ForestPrincess is a female United States ForestPrincess is offline
Anouki
View Posts: 53
Why Wasn't a Game Ever Created for the Goddess Farore?

I have always wondered, "Why is there not a video game created about Farore, the Goddess of Courage?" Nintendo created Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages for the Game Boy Color at the same time. Oracle of Seasons was about the Goddess of Power, Din. Oracle of Ages was about the Goddess of Wisdom, Nayru. Farore was featured in these two games as the Oracle of Secrets, but she never played a main role in her own game. What made Nintendo decide to create a game for Din and Nayru, but not Farore?
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-26-2010, 03:55 PM
That's your share of the loot. Enough to shut you up, I hope.
Send a message via Skype™ to Silver
Steam ID: tw64 3DS ID: 2921-9179-3622

View Posts: 23,705
Re: Why Wasn't a Game Ever Created for the Goddess Farore?

There was one planned originally, but there ended up being too many complications with the linking, so it was scrapped.

<Steam>
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-26-2010, 04:08 PM
DANGER ZONE
Send a message via Skype™ to Wario
Steam ID: brian_warioman
View Posts: 3,204

Because everyone hates Farore. *Looks at clan*. Whoops. ^What this guy said. The password system would get wwwwwwaaaayyyy overcomplicated then negative things would happen in relation to stability of the games.

XBL: Doctor Briola

3DS FC : 5386-8199-5942

YOUTUBE : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAH...3ia_Voss8vQIcw
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-26-2010, 06:27 PM
A hero may die, but his legend lives on.
View Posts: 1,510

I believe that Nintendo didn't make a game because Farore is the Goddess of Courage and Link holds her part of the Triforce. Link and Farore are of close similarities. Farore looks like a Korki and Link lived in Korki Forest as a child in OoT. Farore wears green and so does Link. In OoS/A, Farore is the Oracle of Secrets which is if you have both games (which I do) there are people who tell you secrets to bring to the other game's Farore. This is why I believe Nintendo didn't make Farore one game 'cause she is like the assistant to the Maku Tree, just like the Korkis are loyal to the Deku Tree.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-26-2010, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleLink View Post
I believe that Nintendo didn't make a game because Farore is the Goddess of Courage and Link holds her part of the Triforce. Link and Farore are of close similarities. Farore looks like a Korki and Link lived in Korki Forest as a child in OoT. Farore wears green and so does Link. In OoS/A, Farore is the Oracle of Secrets which is if you have both games (which I do) there are people who tell you secrets to bring to the other game's Farore. This is why I believe Nintendo didn't make Farore one game 'cause she is like the assistant to the Maku Tree, just like the Korkis are loyal to the Deku Tree.
That is a load of crap. It was a matter of technical limitations and nothing more.

<Steam>
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-26-2010, 06:39 PM

EXCUUUUUSE ME?!?!?! I gave an honest opinion of my thoughts! You can't tell me its "crap". Plus I gave an explanation to why.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-26-2010, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleLink View Post
EXCUUUUUSE ME?!?!?! I gave an honest opinion of my thoughts! You can't tell me its "crap". Plus I gave an explanation to why.
Yeah, it's your opinion, and I called it crap because it's wrong. As in, the creators of the games specifically stated that technical issues were the reason it was canceled. Your opinion is nothing more than baseless guessing.

<Steam>
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-26-2010, 06:54 PM
ForestPrincess ForestPrincess is a female United States ForestPrincess is offline
Anouki

Thanks for all the help! I did some research and found out that Farore was supposed to have her own game called The Legend of Zelda: Mystical Seed of Courage, but it was cancelled due to linking problems!!! I think it would be really cool if they could pick up the idea again, especially if they are going to re-release the Oracle games for the 3DS. Maybe one day Farore could have the credit she deserves.
Attached Images
File Type: gif farore.gif (10.1 KB, 3 views)
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-26-2010, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
Yeah, it's your opinion, and I called it crap because it's wrong. As in, the creators of the games specifically stated that technical issues were the reason it was canceled. Your opinion is nothing more than baseless guessing.
AH! Well fine be that way. This is suppose to be a place where people put their opinions and thoughts to why they didn't. And fine it might be "technical issues" but it doesn't mean you can ruin other peoples' fun. sheesh

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Oh and thank you ForestPrincess for telling me it kindly . . . unlike some people . . .
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 101

Yeah. Uhm I Think A Game about Farore would suck No offense @Farore Clan
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Kokiri
View Posts: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForestPrincess View Post
Oracle of Seasons was about the Goddess of Power, Din. Oracle of Ages was about the Goddess of Wisdom, Nayru. Farore was featured in these two games as the Oracle of Secrets, but she never played a main role in her own game. What made Nintendo decide to create a game for Din and Nayru, but not Farore?
No, Oracle of Seasons was about the Din, the Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages was about Nayru, the Oracle of Ages; not the goddesses. [Although the more action based OoS could be related to power as the more puzzle-based OoA could be related to wisdom.]

As far as I remember reading, Farore's game was going to be like Ages and Nayru's was going to be colour-based. [Might explain the changing colour tile puzzles in OoA.]
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-04-2010, 03:12 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 26

Probably be too hard to have two Farores (Link and spirit) so they just ditched it.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Anouki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigiphile View Post
No, Oracle of Seasons was about the Din, the Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages was about Nayru, the Oracle of Ages; not the goddesses. [Although the more action based OoS could be related to power as the more puzzle-based OoA could be related to wisdom.]

As far as I remember reading, Farore's game was going to be like Ages and Nayru's was going to be colour-based. [Might explain the changing colour tile puzzles in OoA.]
Sorry!!! I was confused about whether the goddesses and the oracles were the same or not. I guess that maybe the oracles were just named after the goddesses? There has to be some connection between the goddesses and oracles, though.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Jiro
View Posts: 11,923

They were originally supposed to make a game for Farore, but then cancelled it.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Two coins add up to 30 cents and one of them is not a nickel.
View Posts: 326

I think it would be too hard to make a three-game link system in the future. This amounts to 15 possible games in 3 rather than 4 in 2. Lemme list em, with games 1, 2, and 3...
1-2
1-3
2-1
2-3
3-1
3-2
1-2-3
1-3-2
2-3-1
2-1-3
3-1-2
3-2-1
15 games is like all the Zelda games ever released I think, not counting the non-canon CD-i games.

Sig and Avy by Mandi

-Zarco
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-05-2010, 12:31 AM
комисса́р ☭
View Posts: 361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarco View Post
I think it would be too hard to make a three-game link system in the future. This amounts to 15 possible games in 3 rather than 4 in 2..
Well, making differences for all 15 of those game possibilities would be a bunch of work, and even if it's doable, I don't think releasing 3 games at once would be much more profitable than releasing two. Most people aren't going to be able to buy all three at once, and those that want all three can later get the remaining ones used. Profit for resold old games doesn't go to Nintendo. Nintendo only makes money off of the first sale. So Nintendo would be supplying much more work for only a small percentage of increase in profit.

tl;dr: It doesn't strike me as something that would work as well as a business plan, because the highest number of games that enough people will buy at once is two. That's why Pokemon games are released in pairs; some people buy both, fewer people would buy them all if there were three.

As for why Farore was the one left out of the Oracle series, my best guess would be that she is the most prominent goddess in the rest of the series. She is represented by the Triforce of Courage. That's the piece Link get's. Given that Link is our protagonist, Farore is, in a sense the most represented goddess in the series other than the Oracle games. As such, they decided to cut Farore and give the more neglected goddesses their moment in the spotlight.

Night of the Third Day

Last Edited by Nosh; 07-05-2010 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-05-2010, 12:59 AM
Banned User
View Posts: 1,074

In my opinion, for the linking, you could've beaten both games then receive a password for playing Farore's on a different level.

Beat OoX 1 - - - Get password

Use password to start OoX 2 and beat it - - - Get another password

Use password to start Farore's game
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Two coins add up to 30 cents and one of them is not a nickel.
View Posts: 326

Are you saying Farore's game would only be like a sequel for those that have beaten both?

Sig and Avy by Mandi

-Zarco
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Yabba Dabba Doo Doo
Send a message via AIM to hyRULE-S Send a message via Yahoo to hyRULE-S
View Posts: 439

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarco View Post
Are you saying Farore's game would only be like a sequel for those that have beaten both?
That isn't a bad idea, but if they did want to make the third game and re-release the other two, they could just take out the linking altogether. I mean come on... you had your fun with it already, but I'm sure you could do without it for the sake of getting the third game! Did that many people actually link their two games anyway? I didn't.. and i had both games...
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-12-2010, 06:28 PM
God of Humility God of Humility is a male Canada God of Humility is offline
I want people to know I'm the best at being humble.
View Posts: 283

I think making a brand new game available only to those who have beaten previous old games would be a horrible business move on Nintendo's part. Making such a large amount of content available only when old content, that may have already been experienced, has been beaten will possibly make a lot of people reluctant to buy the game.

I'd like them to bundle the Oracles with a third game available from the start. Nah, scratch that, make a brand new game and leave the Oracles alone.