Thank you :3 I had no idea you could trade back xD
  #62 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2010, 04:10 PM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 393
Re: Official Handheld Zelda Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triforce of the Gods View Post
It's not enough to play the right notes, you have to follow the tempo and timing of the notes (how long you play them and the space between them). If you choose practice the Lokomo will demonstrate how you are supposed to play it. Hope that helps.
Cheers, i'll try that next time i play the game. I tried it like 20 times yesterday, didn't work, i got so frustrated, i took the game out and stuck it back in its box.

What were nintendo thinking when they came up with this idea. Keep the flute stuff simple for god sake, just harden the temples and stuff.

Any one else think blowing into the DS mic is a pain on the a$$.
  #63 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2010, 04:12 PM
Triforce of the Gods Triforce of the Gods is a male United States Triforce of the Gods is offline
OBJECTION!
Send a message via AIM to Triforce of the Gods Send a message via Skype™ to Triforce of the Gods

View Posts: 9,157

I thought it was an awesome idea. But then again, I play an instrument IRL. Sure it's only drums, but that means timing is second nature to me.
  #64 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2010, 04:16 PM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triforce of the Gods View Post
I thought it was an awesome idea. But then again, I play an instrument IRL. Sure it's only drums, but that means timing is second nature to me.
I guess, but not when the DS fails to recognize that you are blowing into the mic.
  #65 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2010, 04:26 PM
Sage of Wisdom
Send a message via Skype™ to ERROR372
View Posts: 1,466

Quote:
Originally Posted by HylianPwnage View Post
Who here is great at OoS?
I'm stuck in Level 4!
I can help, but I need to know how you are stuck. Please elaborate.

Hosting a vanilla server at: direct.kylemc.net
Dynmap at: kylemc.net/map
  #66 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-03-2010, 04:36 AM
HylianPwnage HylianPwnage is a male United States HylianPwnage is offline
Zelda Analyzer and Philosopher
Send a message via AIM to HylianPwnage
View Posts: 1,054

So I beat the mini-boss, and now I'm looking for the dungeon item so I can progres >_>
  #67 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-06-2010, 11:28 PM
Sage of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by HylianPwnage View Post
So I beat the mini-boss, and now I'm looking for the dungeon item so I can progres >_>
I don't know if you've gotten past this yet, and I'm sorry for the delay. I've been so busy lately. I am making my way through the game and will have help for you tomorrow if you still need it. Once again, I apologize for the long wait, and I hope you'll bear with me.

#68 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 3

I stopped playing Spirit Tracks for a while. When I started playing it again, I realized that Teacher was in my passenger carriage. Where do I have to bring him? (I've already got all of the force gems, so it's not the first side quest you do with him)

Visit my site at http://walkthroughsoflegend.weebly.com/
  #69 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-11-2010, 02:28 PM
Ain't nobody got time fo dat
View Posts: 663

He gives you nothing important. He just asks you to take him to random places and pays you depending on how well you did throughout the ride.

Wait, all of them? YESSS! I AM THE MASTER!!
  #70 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-11-2010, 03:38 PM
BigGoronSword BigGoronSword is a male Dominican Republic BigGoronSword is offline
King of the Gorons
Send a message via AIM to BigGoronSword Send a message via Yahoo to BigGoronSword

View Posts: 11,148

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHforever View Post
I stopped playing Spirit Tracks for a while. When I started playing it again, I realized that Teacher was in my passenger carriage. Where do I have to bring him? (I've already got all of the force gems, so it's not the first side quest you do with him)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72hours192 View Post
He gives you nothing important. He just asks you to take him to random places and pays you depending on how well you did throughout the ride.
I believe he knows that, however he doesn't know/remember which town to bring Teacher to (because it's a different town every time you pick him up).

From what I remember, he usually asks to go to Hyrule Town, Aboda Village, Anouki Village, Papuchia Village, or Goron Village. It's usually one of those major places.

-BGS

[ZeldaWiki][Forum Mods][Rules][ZUChat][Newbie Guide]
"If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans"-Van Zant
Giving up means you're willing to live with how things are-BGS
  #71 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-22-2010, 10:38 AM
Twili
View Posts: 449

I've just finished OoA (yay!) and want to move on to OoS. My boyfriend gave me a link cable - I'm assuming it's the right one as everything fits - but I can't figure out how to get started, nothing is showing up on the linked game section!

Also, when I start playing OoS is it going to be a normal game (like OoA) but with different bosses and such? I've seen Twinrova and heard something about Ganon but I don't know where to find him
  #72 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-22-2010, 04:16 PM
Sage of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendants of Virtue View Post
I've just finished OoA (yay!) and want to move on to OoS. My boyfriend gave me a link cable - I'm assuming it's the right one as everything fits - but I can't figure out how to get started, nothing is showing up on the linked game section!

Also, when I start playing OoS is it going to be a normal game (like OoA) but with different bosses and such? I've seen Twinrova and heard something about Ganon but I don't know where to find him
Well that's because the games aren't linked that way. When you beat OoA, after all the credits, it will give you either the "Hero's Password" or the "Secret to Holodrum Pssword". These passwords consist of a bunch of letters and symbols that correspond to what you have and have done in OoA. So once you have the password written down, insert OoS, turn it on, and choose a new file. Choose "Secrets", and input the password. This should get you a linked game. The only use of a game-link cable is to transfer rings and nothing else.

The game will essentially be the same with the exception of Twinrova, Ganon, and Zelda. You will encounter Twinrova and Ganon in your linked game at the end, once you've beaten Onox. Periodically during the game you will meet Zelda.

Hope this helped. PM or VM me with any questions you have.

#73 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Twili

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERROR View Post
Well that's because the games aren't linked that way. When you beat OoA, after all the credits, it will give you either the "Hero's Password" or the "Secret to Holodrum Pssword". These passwords consist of a bunch of letters and symbols that correspond to what you have and have done in OoA. So once you have the password written down, insert OoS, turn it on, and choose a new file. Choose "Secrets", and input the password. This should get you a linked game. The only use of a game-link cable is to transfer rings and nothing else.

The game will essentially be the same with the exception of Twinrova, Ganon, and Zelda. You will encounter Twinrova and Ganon in your linked game at the end, once you've beaten Onox. Periodically during the game you will meet Zelda.

Hope this helped. PM or VM me with any questions you have.
Thanks so much! This is awesome, it's like a part 2, a sequel! They all know my name already

EDIT: I'm stuck already xD I've gone to the heros cave but can't get through, and none of the walkthroughs I'm looking at are describing what I see. Do I have to go through it if I've got the sword already?

Does anyone know of a walkthrough specifically for playing a linked game
Last Edited by Pendants of Virtue; 04-22-2010 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #74 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-05-2010, 10:57 PM
marisse_redblossom marisse_redblossom is a female Australia marisse_redblossom is offline
Deku Scrub
Send a message via Yahoo to marisse_redblossom
View Posts: 6
Question Treasure chest is Snow Temple

There's a Sleeping Statue in Snow Temple who would give you the map of treasure chests for 20 Rupees. Then it would reveal 2 Treasure Chests.

So one of the two would appear almost beside the Statue. But I couldn't find it even I already bombed the wall, or played the song of discovery.

So anyone knows where that is? Would it ever appear? Or it's just an error in the game?

Thank you!
  #75 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-05-2010, 11:25 PM
Kokiri
Send a message via Skype™ to Melissa
View Posts: 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by marisse_redblossom View Post
There's a Sleeping Statue in Snow Temple who would give you the map of treasure chests for 20 Rupees. Then it would reveal 2 Treasure Chests.

So one of the two would appear almost beside the Statue. But I couldn't find it even I already bombed the wall, or played the song of discovery.

So anyone knows where that is? Would it ever appear? Or it's just an error in the game?

Thank you!
If I remember correctly, that statue is on the first floor.

The first chest is near where the huge bell is, and you must slide it across the water.
The second chest is revealed by defeating the Ice Keese flying around the southern pit.

Hope this helps!
  #76 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-03-2010, 07:22 AM
Twili

Onox is really testing my patience right now, I've died a fair few times now and it's grinding my gears D:

First two parts are fine but the dragon is particularly tough for me.

Are there any rings or upgrades that could be a big help for me?
  #77 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-03-2010, 12:09 PM
Sage of Wisdom

Quote:
Onox is really testing my patience right now, I've died a fair few times now and it's grinding my gears D:

First two parts are fine but the dragon is particularly tough for me.

Are there any rings or upgrades that could be a big help for me?
As a matter of fact there are. First off you need the upgraded ring box so you can carry three rings. Next here are the rings you want to have: 1) An armor ring (any level), 2) A Power ring (any level), 3) Any ring you want.

Here's what to do: while not attacking the gem on his head, equip the armor ring. This will lower any damage you take, and will keep you alive much longer. When you get on top of his hand, equip the power ring and attack. Immediately after attacking, switch back to the armor ring. This will ensure you max protection and damage.

Next, get a potion. To get one, go to Sunken City, and change the season to winter. You can now access the witch's hut.

Finally, you will want the L-2 sword. You can find this in the Tarm ruins. Go to the forest area with four directions, and Like-Likes coming up from the south. Change the season to winter, and go west (left). Change the season to Fall and go west. Change the season to Spring and go west. Change the season to Summer, go west, and grab the sword.

If you don't have both the armor and power ring, but just one, that's okay. It will still help you.

Hope this helped!

#78 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Twili

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERROR View Post
As a matter of fact there are. First off you need the upgraded ring box so you can carry three rings. Next here are the rings you want to have: 1) An armor ring (any level), 2) A Power ring (any level), 3) Any ring you want.

Here's what to do: while not attacking the gem on his head, equip the armor ring. This will lower any damage you take, and will keep you alive much longer. When you get on top of his hand, equip the power ring and attack. Immediately after attacking, switch back to the armor ring. This will ensure you max protection and damage.

Next, get a potion. To get one, go to Sunken City, and change the season to winter. You can now access the witch's hut.

Finally, you will want the L-2 sword. You can find this in the Tarm ruins. Go to the forest area with four directions, and Like-Likes coming up from the south. Change the season to winter, and go west (left). Change the season to Fall and go west. Change the season to Spring and go west. Change the season to Summer, go west, and grab the sword.

If you don't have both the armor and power ring, but just one, that's okay. It will still help you.

Hope this helped!
Thank. You. So. Much!

That took me so long to do I'm so relieved to get that over with!

Any similar advice for Twinrova and Ganon? I just managed to get to Ganon but died afer a few hits
  #79 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-03-2010, 02:56 PM
♫ It's the end of the world as we know it! ♫
View Posts: 9,440

Well, fighting Ganon in OoS is much easier then in OoA, because of the Roc's Cape. I typically charge up a spin attack, wait until he appears, then hop over his attack (whatever it is) and whack him. It's been a while since I fought him, so... yeah. Sorry for the lack of details.
  #80 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-03-2010, 10:43 PM
Sage of Wisdom

Quote:
Thank. You. So. Much!

That took me so long to do I'm so relieved to get that over with!

Any similar advice for Twinrova and Ganon? I just managed to get to Ganon but died afer a few hits
No problem.

Now for Twinrova & Ganon, here's some tips:

Let's start with Twinrova:
  1. Basic
    • Rings
      1. An armor ring of any level
      2. Power ring is recommended for upcoming Ganon fight
      3. Any ring of your choice, I prefer the Charge Ring (charges spin attack quickly)
    • Items
      1. L-2 Sword, of course.
      2. A Potion.
      3. L-2 shield (get from the Subrosian smithy, ask if you need more direction) is optional.
      4. Roc's Cape.
  2. What To Do
    So the important thing about Twinrova is keeping as much health as possible, and NOT using the potion. Immediately have your armor ring equipped. This will prevent much damage from occurring. So, during the first part, you want to go to the bottom left corner of the room, and face up. From here, the two witches can never touch you, and you can easily knock their projectiles away. When one of their projectiles nears you, just slash it away. If you hit, you should hear the sound of one of them getting hit. Remember, ice->fire and fire->ice.

Now they merge. Make sure to have roc's cape equipped. You may choose to unequip the armor ring or not. If it is equipped, it will take longer for her to be hit with a scent seed. If not equipped, you are susceptible to more damage. It's your choice. During the fire part you will want to jump the gaps and attacks she sends out at you. When you get the chance, slash her with your sword. It's okay to only get one hit on her at a time, the damage will stay the same. When both her colors show, switch to your slingshot and hit her with a scent seed. Immediately switch back to the roc's cape/sword (whichever you replaced with the slingshot). During the ice part, all the moving spike balls and her projectiles are hittable with your sword. So often times I just run around pressing the sword button (B for me) all the time. Usually she will change back to the fire stage before you can hit her with a scent seed. But that's okay, the damage remains even if she changes the stage. Just keep repeating these techniques and you'll eventually beat her, hopefully with little health lost.

Now it's on to Ganon.
  1. What You Should Have/Use:
    • Rings:
      1. Armor Ring
      2. Power Ring
      3. Ring of Your Choice
    • Items:
      1. A Potion
      2. Roc's Cape
      3. L-2 Sword
  2. What To Do:
    So you're onto Ganon. Well I'll first describe some of his attacks. The first being that he charges a large ball of energy and shoots it at you. This is easily dodgeable by jumping over it. Next is charging up an attack that breaks into mini balls of energy. Once again, easy to jump over. Next is charging what looks like one energy ball, but turns out to be three (1 goes straight, and the other two go off at angles to the side of the middle one). Just jump. Next is him charging his fist, punching the ground, and then shooting a giant energy ball at you. DO NOT GET HIT BY THIS! It is the most damaging attack of his. You need to do a good double jump at the right time to dodge this. It just takes practice. Next is changing the screen background to a weird blue color. All your controls are reversed. Up is down, down is up, left is right, right is left. I believe he just tries to touch you here, so just run away, unless you are brave enough to try and attack. I think that's all the attacks.

Now then, here is what you should do. Immediately when the battle starts, have your armor ring equipped. Charge your spin attack and chase him until he stops teleporting. Before you spin attack him, press start and change your ring. Spin attack him and then dodge any attack he makes or vice-versa, whichever happens first. If he is going to do the fist pound, DO NOT ATTACK! Instead, just focus on jumping before he hits the ground, and dodging the giant energy ball. After damaging him (even right after hitting), change to the armor ring. Just keep repeating the steps and he'll be defeated in no time.

NOTE: Yes, there is a lot of pressing start involved here, and switching rings. But if you are struggling, this is the best way to conserve life, and deal the max damage.

I hope this helps you defeat Ganon and get your password for OOA!

Last Edited by ERROR372; 06-03-2010 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote

Tags
bomb bag, last dungeon, link's awakening, need help, quiver, spirit tracks, stuck, train car