Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#241 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2012, 03:23 AM
ELpaca

View Posts: 17,368
Re: Official Handheld Zelda Help Thread

*Thread merged*

Your current Hookshot that you got from Dampe's grave is not long enough for you reach the other roof tops in order to talk to that guy.

You need to get the Longshot upgrade in the Water Temple first in order to achieve that.

Ich Will: "As a kid I remember grabbing cats by their tails and spinning them around like you do with Bowser in Mario 64. Then I'd throw them away. Dunno if I got that from the game though lol."
  #242 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2012, 09:32 AM
Waddlin'

View Posts: 22,408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Legend View Post
*Thread merged*

Your current Hookshot that you got from Dampe's grave is not long enough for you reach the other roof tops in order to talk to that guy.

You need to get the Longshot upgrade in the Water Temple first in order to achieve that.
Really? I'm pretty sure that you can stand on top of the fence in front of the windmill and shoot the roof the guy is on from there.
1 person liked this post: Tom Thanks
  #243 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2012, 10:55 PM
ELpaca

View Posts: 17,368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabbo View Post
Really? I'm pretty sure that you can stand on top of the fence in front of the windmill and shoot the roof the guy is on from there.
Oh really?

I never tried it, so I wouldn't know. I thought all roof tops were unreachable until you get the Longshot from the Water Temple.

Ich Will: "As a kid I remember grabbing cats by their tails and spinning them around like you do with Bowser in Mario 64. Then I'd throw them away. Dunno if I got that from the game though lol."
  #244 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-20-2012, 12:42 AM
My micro Mike Rowe crow's mic row, rows my micro Mike Rowe crow.

View Posts: 7,997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Legend View Post
Oh really?

I never tried it, so I wouldn't know. I thought all roof tops were unreachable until you get the Longshot from the Water Temple.
I don't think that's true either. Can't you hookshot onto the roof of the Skulltula house by going up the stairs to Impa's house? Pretty sure it's close enough, but I could be wrong. The Hookshot is pretty short.
  #245 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-20-2012, 03:44 AM
Waddlin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butt Fist View Post
I don't think that's true either. Can't you hookshot onto the roof of the Skulltula house by going up the stairs to Impa's house? Pretty sure it's close enough, but I could be wrong. The Hookshot is pretty short.
I can confirm that it is close enough. Not that it's useful to do so.
  #246 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-27-2012, 12:26 PM
Antimatter demon
View Posts: 268

I'm playing the oracle series, have finished oracle of seasons and now have started a linked game in oracle of ages...

Now, I forgot to save in oracle of seasons after I completed it, and I wonder: do I need a completed file to have secrets in the second game or the first password is all I need to continue my quest?
  #247 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-27-2012, 09:12 PM
Waddlin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDA View Post
I'm playing the oracle series, have finished oracle of seasons and now have started a linked game in oracle of ages...

Now, I forgot to save in oracle of seasons after I completed it, and I wonder: do I need a completed file to have secrets in the second game or the first password is all I need to continue my quest?
All you need is the password, but if you want the full extent of the benefits of having a linked game, you'll need to finish Seasons again.
  #248 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-17-2012, 05:48 AM
Ningan the Lone Ninja Ningan the Lone Ninja is a male United Kingdom Ningan the Lone Ninja is offline
Sheikah
View Posts: 5,379
Spirit Tracks 100% (Help please!)

Okay, so I'm trying to complete Spirit Tracks 100%, all Heart Containers, all Train Cars, all everything!

Anyway, I'm almost finished, but I'm just wondering: I have a Quiver which can hold 50 Arrows, but a Bomb Bag that can only hold 30 Bombs...so have I missed a Bomb Bag?

If you're interested, I got my Quivers from: The Mountain Temple, the Goron Village Shop for 2000 Rupees, and the Pirate Hideout Minigame (3000+ points).

As for Bomb Bags: I bought the first from Beedle's Air Shop, then the Take 'Em All On game (Level 2), and the Whip Race (1:30- time). So, is there another Bomb Bag or is 30 the maximum?

I have found all the Rabbits, received both Swordsman Scrolls, I have also found 9 of 10 Heart Containers, the last one being Beedle. I have all Force Gems, all Stamps, the Engineer's Clothes, Ancient Shield, etc.

Finally, where is the easiest place to find Ruto Crowns? They seem to be the rarest treasure, (at least on my file) but they are required for so many Train Cars.
Last Edited by Ningan the Lone Ninja; 06-17-2012 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #249 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-17-2012, 06:21 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 10

Like with most games with treasure collecting in them, Spirit Tracks has a mechanic that sets certain treasures to be 'rare' treasures for you and you personally. You have a cartridge where it is especially difficult to find Ruto Crowns. The best you can do is try the Goron Races as well as the Swordsman Training mini-games.
Bomb bag maximum in this game is 30, so you're all set there!
Good luck on your full 100%. I'm still working on mine for this one, so I get where you're coming from.
  #250 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-17-2012, 07:47 AM
Waddlin'

When I'm scanning around for the rare items (in my game it's the Pearl Necklaces and Jade Figurines or whatever they're called), I make a path from the shop near the Anouki village, to the shop by the castle, then to Beedle's if he wasn't on the way. Back when I still needed first-tier loot, I would also pass by the lumberjack village and its shop. Of course, this can only be done once a day, but I found I'd get bored of the game if I just kept going.
  #251 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-17-2012, 01:58 PM
Ningan the Lone Ninja Ningan the Lone Ninja is a male United Kingdom Ningan the Lone Ninja is offline
Sheikah

Oh God, I hate this thread, it's where everything gets ignored.

Anyway, thanks for replying., both of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Robot View Post
Like with most games with treasure collecting in them, Spirit Tracks has a mechanic that sets certain treasures to be 'rare' treasures for you and you personally. You have a cartridge where it is especially difficult to find Ruto Crowns. The best you can do is try the Goron Races as well as the Swordsman Training mini-games.
Bomb bag maximum in this game is 30, so you're all set there!
Good luck on your full 100%. I'm still working on mine for this one, so I get where you're coming from.
Do you mean Goron Target Range? Whenever I go there, I get a Goron Amber, coincidentally. I once got a Ruto Crown in the Whip Race...but alas, never again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabbo View Post
When I'm scanning around for the rare items (in my game it's the Pearl Necklaces and Jade Figurines or whatever they're called), I make a path from the shop near the Anouki village, to the shop by the castle, then to Beedle's if he wasn't on the way. Back when I still needed first-tier loot, I would also pass by the lumberjack village and its shop. Of course, this can only be done once a day, but I found I'd get bored of the game if I just kept going.

Yeah, it get incredibly boring, and those shops sell nothing but ♥♥♥♥.

I tend to go to Lost At Sea Station, and repeat the dungeon again and again until I get the treasure I want. It's something I enjoy doing, compared to the Whip Race/Pirate Hideout minigames, there are plenty of treasures available, and it doesn't cost one Rupee!
  #252 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-22-2012, 05:37 AM
Sheikah

I'm nearly finished now, I need just 5 Ruto Crowns and 7 White Pearl Loops before I have every Train Car in the game!

Just out of interest, has anyone got any tips for the final door of Slippery Station? I know there's nothing valuable in there, I just want to say I'm completed it. But it seems physically impossible!!!
  #253 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Kokiri
View Posts: 96
Need help identifying two Link's Awakening quotes

Some of you may remember this text hack of Link's Awakening I started a long time ago. It sat on the shelf for a while, but I've picked it back up and am nearing completion finally.

Interest Check: LA Text Hack

There are two quotes in the game though, that I cannot identify who says them or when, and I'd appreciate help. They may even be unused, I'm not sure...

First one: Possibly said by Marin at some point? It's located near some other things she says.
Quote:
...You idiot! I told you this would happen... Eh?! What? I didn't say any- thing, really!
This one, no idea. It's not aligned properly compared to the rest of the text in the game, and might be unused.
Quote:
Hey you! Have you been to the Camera Shop in Tal Tal Heights?young people like to go there and take pictures of themselves. Seems kinda funny to me.
  #254 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-03-2012, 01:02 PM
BigGoronSword BigGoronSword is a male Dominican Republic BigGoronSword is offline
King of the Gorons
Send a message via AIM to BigGoronSword Send a message via Yahoo to BigGoronSword

View Posts: 11,148

You're just in luck, I've recently played LA and these are somewhat fresh in my memory.
Quote:
...You idiot! I told you this would happen... Eh?! What? I didn't say any- thing, really!
I believe that was from the bat that when you throw magic powder in his bowl he comes out and gives you more stuff to carry. What I don't remember is which time he says that (when he gives you more magic powder, arrows, or bombs).

Quote:
Hey you! Have you been to the Camera Shop in Tal Tal Heights?young people like to go there and take pictures of themselves. Seems kinda funny to me.
Hmmm this sorta sounds like something old man Ulrira would say. Of course I can't be too certain, it's been over 10 years since I've ever had to ask for his help in the game. But if I had to take a guess, it would be Ulrira when Link has Marin following him around

-BGS

[ZeldaWiki][Forum Mods][Rules][ZUChat][Newbie Guide]
"If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans"-Van Zant
Giving up means you're willing to live with how things are-BGS
  #255 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-03-2012, 02:34 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to FoxHound
View Posts: 5,323

Quote:
I've played the game a few months ago and I recal this being said trough one of Ulrira's phones.

REPLACED 3DS NEW FC: 5000-3698-3460, I'll need all your codes again too, please VM/PM them - Working on a Link costume.
  #256 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-27-2012, 05:33 AM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 363
Annoying enemies in Four Swords

Theres this... red creature, which when you attack it, becomes thinner and shows its weak spot after a while. But you both bounce back, and when there are a lot of them... me and my sister are so screwed. Tips anyone?

Mod edit: Thread merged. This is in FS.
Last Edited by Erikson; 07-27-2012 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #257 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-07-2012, 02:57 PM
The Mikenyan
Send a message via Skype™ to MDK
View Posts: 1,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkywardKevin View Post
Theres this... red creature, which when you attack it, becomes thinner and shows its weak spot after a while. But you both bounce back, and when there are a lot of them... me and my sister are so screwed. Tips anyone?

Can you be more specific? Which level?
  #258 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-07-2012, 03:10 PM
If the DS succeeds, we will rise to heaven, but if it fails we will sink to hell
Send a message via Skype™ to tlozbj
View Posts: 3,957

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkywardKevin View Post

Try using spin attacks or your sister goes to one side and you to another and protect each others back when you bounce from the attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoff_14 View Post
Okay, so I just created an account to get help with something....I'm like dying here...if anyone could help I would appreciate it so much!

It's silly, but I can't figure out how to use my hookshot.

It's equipped, I'm aiming and seeing the second red circle, I use it, and it just bounces off of EVERY wood surface. I just got it, so I'm still in the village, trying to get on top of the roof to talk to the guy...

Why won't it work?! I've never had a problem like this before.
That is because the hookshot is to short. But you can get the heart piece. By going up the watch tower and doing a side flip. You can also get it with child Link. It is easier with child Link than adult Link if you are going to try the side flip.
Last Edited by tlozbj; 08-07-2012 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #259 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Farore Master
View Posts: 193
Link's Awakening Help

Guys, I am confused as heck! The walkthrough on this place for it is totally confusing. I don't get the grid stuff! CAn you just give me a original LA map, that can tell me everything. Or explain to me about the map grid stuff.
  #260 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Farore Master
View Posts: 193

The walkthrough grid from this site is not helping at all!!!!! He is not giving me were the dungeons are, and like other certian places, and its frustrating! Either, give me a good original grid map from LA, or I'm usin' Youtube, or Zelda Dungeon!

Tags
bomb bag, last dungeon, link's awakening, need help, quiver, spirit tracks, stuck, train car