Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-11-2012, 05:41 PM
The worst artist on ZU
View Posts: 151
Dem Greekifs Signatures And Sometimes Avatars

This is the primary hub where I'll be showing off work of my own and accepting requests. I decided to compile all of these into one thread just to save myself time. At any rate, critique the eff out of my work and I'll bestow unto you nothing. NOT A well, it would be nice to collaborate on something but I can't say I'll do it with just anyone. I'm saving myself for the right person. Anyway, tilt your head a bit lower, I've things for you.

etc, etc, etc.

1. I'll be taking requests -on- here, as in you need to fill out the template and reply here, to which I'll post the sig and or avy in response.

2. I'll only be filling ONE request at a time. So, if you see that someone hasn't been answered after a request has been filled, that means I'm working on getting theirs done. That doesn't mean I won't take numerous requests afterward, I just don't want anyone complaining about how I'm "lazy" and "won't fill out your request because of derpity doo*.

3. Be VERY specific when adding in details for your request. If I create a sig and it isn't up to par with your specifics, then I'll get to it AFTER the other requests have been filled.

4. Just for quality's sake, I'll only allow ONE render per sig/avy. That is basically the focal point of your sig or avy, think of it as a picture.

5. As far as text is concerned, LIMIT YOURSELF TO HOW MUCH TEXT YOU WANT! If any. It's really frustrating when people request entire lines from songs because the quality lessens.

-Template-

1. Sig or avy?: (obvious answer is obvious)

2. Size: (Again, obvious)

3. Color scheme: (Any in particular? This is typically shared by the color of the render used)

4. Render: (You don't HAVE to have a render. However, if you do want a render please post it in your request via a link that YOU are hosting. I prefer .png files, if you're using a render. That means a picture that is without a background of any kind.)

5. Text/Font: (Any specific text you want.)

6. Other Details: (Anything I haven't covered in previous template sections should be added here. Just remember to be VERY specific.)
Last Edited by Caleb; 05-19-2013 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-12-2012, 06:59 AM
let's all go sleep
Steam ID: Luxensis Wii U ID: HalysisGFX 3DS ID: 4270-1953-6378

View Posts: 3,581
Re: Dem Greekifs Signatures And Sometimes Avatars

Hi, Zatchara! I'm glad you opened up a shop here!

Few things I wanna critique.

First are the signatures you posted in the "created" section--

This looks really good, but the focal point is...I don't know, hard to look at. My eyes keep looking at the effects flowing out of him instead of at him. Sharpening him should help that.

The main thing here is that you covered up the face. That's generally something you shouldn't do, although here because of the effects you were using it makes sense. Your use of light is amazing, though.

It's really cool how you picked the four main colors and put those in those rectangles on the side. It makes a nice accent. Use of light here is pretty stunning as well, and I like how you used the bubble c4d, but not so it looked half transparent.

Alright, so next I'd like to talk about your header images, lol.
They're huge xD

The biggest limit to not be resized by ZU is 670 width, but staying with 600 is generally safe. It would make your thread much easier to read and browse through if you knocked out that extra transparent space above and below the text, and then resized them down to 600 width.

All in all I'm glad you've opened a shop and I like your work, I hope you continue to produce works just as good!
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-12-2012, 06:18 PM
The worst artist on ZU
View Posts: 151
Re: Dem Greekifs Signatures And Sometimes Avatars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
Hi, Zatchara! I'm glad you opened up a shop here!
Hi

Quote:

This looks really good, but the focal point is...I don't know, hard to look at. My eyes keep looking at the effects flowing out of him instead of at him. Sharpening him should help that.
Well, this render was rather difficult to work with. Seeing as how Walshy doesn't have many pictures of himself not slapped on a stock picture, I was a bit limited to what I could work with. This particular render was cut out of a picture of him standing in a desert, hence the light beaming on his face.

Quote:

The main thing here is that you covered up the face. That's generally something you shouldn't do, although here because of the effects you were using it makes sense. Your use of light is amazing, though.
Eh, I didn't cover it up too much and it went along with the style I was going for, what with the C4D's covering up his body. As far as displaying the render goes, I wanted to get the 'X' and at least the majority of his face visible, to get the point across of who it was.

Quote:

It's really cool how you picked the four main colors and put those in those rectangles on the side. It makes a nice accent. Use of light here is pretty stunning as well, and I like how you used the bubble c4d, but not so it looked half transparent.
People tend to only use bubbles for lighting these days, so I wanted to try something different with them.

Quote:
Alright, so next I'd like to talk about your header images, lol.
They're huge xD

The biggest limit to not be resized by ZU is 670 width, but staying with 600 is generally safe. It would make your thread much easier to read and browse through if you knocked out that extra transparent space above and below the text, and then resized them down to 600 width.
I was juggling quite a bit when I made them and figured they would suffice until I had the proper time to edit everything. Sized down now.

Quote:
All in all I'm glad you've opened a shop and I like your work, I hope you continue to produce works just as good!
Thanks for the welcome, as well as the critiques.