Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#121 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2010, 06:58 PM
Steam ID: Cheshireson
View Posts: 897
Re: Favorite quotes or sayings in the Legend of Zelda series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyrael View Post
Guys, please do more than just say a quote. Go into a little more detail, say why the quote was interesting/noteworthy/funny to you. I hate to be the fun police here, but if this doesn't improve, I will have to lock this. :<
Also, ZUers it also says specifically to discuss why it is your favorite quote in the first post. This threads been long running and I don't want it to be locked. So either improve your posts and put more enthusiastic efforts or Veyrael will lock it.

Anyway I got a few more to add. (all from Ocarina of Time)

"The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days..." -Sheik

"The rising sun will eventually set.
A newborn's life will fade.
From sun to moon, moon to sun...
Give peaceful rest to the living dead."
-Sun's song poem

"They say that there is no medecine that can cure a fool... I guess that's true." -Potion shop's old woman

These are just some of OoT's most memorable quotes. I expecially like the 'Sun's song poem' that was carved into the stone. The poeple who work at Nintendo are very unique poetry writers!
I like Sheiks quotes as well. The thing that catched my eye on that specific quote was-- it's true time does go by quick which does make sense. Expecially when your going on ZU.
It's just once again a very well thought out saying.
And the last quote was quite funny actually to be honest. Not much to explain there really besides that.
  #122 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2010, 02:50 PM
Just wait until you hit G-rank
Send a message via Skype™ to Wildstag
Steam ID: odraude3
View Posts: 1,144

Another good quote is a chain of miscommunications.
Young female maku tree: "Wait (Name)! When I grow up, we're going to get married. There, I said it."
400 years later.
Female Maku Tree: "I remember. You promised that when I was old enough we would get married. You promised. Though I guess you ccare more about that other girl Nayru. What should we do to save her?"
  #123 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2010, 02:57 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 8,175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solrac Tokay View Post
Another good quote is a chain of miscommunications.
Young female maku tree: "Wait (Name)! When I grow up, we're going to get married. There, I said it."
400 years later.
Female Maku Tree: "I remember. You promised that when I was old enough we would get married. You promised. Though I guess you ccare more about that other girl Nayru. What should we do to save her?"
So I take it then that you simply found said miscommunication amusing? If I recall, I think there was one point where the Maku Tree confesses her love for you, but it's been quite a spell since I've played Ages. Still, good stuff. :3
  #124 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-25-2010, 04:54 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 9

"Do you want to play again?"
I personally love rhetorical questions but that is just me. I also find it amusing that they give you the option of no.
  #125 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-25-2010, 05:01 AM
Light Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoro View Post
"Do you want to play again?"
I personally love rhetorical questions but that is just me. I also find it amusing that they give you the option of no.
I suppose it would depend on what rhetorical question was being asked. I have images of Kaepora Gaebora floating around in my head right now, asking me... that dreaded question I never want to hear:

"Would you like to hear what I said again? Hoot hoot."

I digress, though. :|

Quote:
You're new here, aren't you?
Did you come here looking for
the Power Of Gold?

Well, you're too late. It will
obey only the first person who
touches it.

The man who last claimed the
Power Of Gold wished for this
world. It reflects his heart.

Yes, I came here because of
greed for the Golden Power,
and look what happened to me...

To restore the Golden Land, a
person worthy of the Golden
Power must defeat the man who

created this place...
Until that time, I am stuck in
this bizarre shape.

But what a mischievous thing
to leave lying around...
The Power Of Gold...

Triforce...
This happens to be one of my favorite quotes from A Link to the Past. The quote itself seems wrapped in mystery. In a way, it almost makes me think that he's trying to be mischievous towards you, speaking of the Goddesses leaving behind the Triforce like that.

(Welcome to ZU, by the way.)
Last Edited by Ymirida; 02-25-2010 at 05:02 AM. Reason:
  #126 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-25-2010, 07:20 AM
Just wait until you hit G-rank
Send a message via Skype™ to Wildstag
Steam ID: odraude3
View Posts: 1,144

Quote:
So I take it then that you simply found said miscommunication amusing? If I recall, I think there was one point where the Maku Tree confesses her love for you, but it's been quite a spell since I've played Ages. Still, good stuff. :3
Yes. I found it funny that even though she said that they would get married, and the hero just walks away to save another female, maku tree says that the hero said it, thus her memory so wanted to remember the hero saying it that she really thought she did. Oh. And I played a linked game both ways two weeks ago when I was out of school during the "Snowmageddon" of 2010.
  #127 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-26-2010, 12:47 AM
Baker didn't start the Fire!

View Posts: 982

Favorite TP Quotes:

A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage. You may be destined to become the hero of legend...but your current power would disgrace the proud green of the hero's tunic you wear. You must use your courage to seek power...and find it you must. Only then will you become the hero for whom this world despairs.
-Hero's Shade

For me this quote symbolizes why I love this game series. Both for nostalgia and for reference.
--------------------------------------------
Do not think this ends here...The history of light and shadow will be written in blood!

...The Wind...its blowing....
-Ganondorf

Ganondorf has always been a somewhat tenacious powerhouse. Also the most dramatic...what a drama queen Anyway, I love the scenes and music going on during these quotes..they are just epic.
----------------------------------------------
Some call our realm a world of shadows, but that makes it sound so unpleasant... The twilight there holds a serene beauty... You have seen it yourself as the sun sets on this world. Bathed in that light, all the people were pure and gentle... But things changed once that foul power pervaded the world...
-Midna

Don't know why, but this quote always stuck with me...I just love it. Its like the whole Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder thing.

What? Say something! Am I so beautiful that you've no words left?
-Midna

When she turned back into her original form I was like "wtf...this is definately not what I thought she would look like...is it bad I think she is kind of beautiful in a wierd sub human twili way?"

Link...I...See you later...
-Midna

I don't feel emotion from video games. But when she said this and then the Mirror broke, I felt almost sad...like a tragedy had just occurred. Zelda needs more of this.

My house burnt down. Check out my blog: Baker Bored at Work

#128 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-26-2010, 02:09 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 9

Quote:
I suppose it would depend on what rhetorical question was being asked. I have images of Kaepora Gaebora floating around in my head right now, asking me... that dreaded question I never want to hear:

"Would you like to hear what I said again? Hoot hoot."

I digress, though. :|

This happens to be one of my favorite quotes from A Link to the Past. The quote itself seems wrapped in mystery. In a way, it almost makes me think that he's trying to be mischievous towards you, speaking of the Goddesses leaving behind the Triforce like that.

(Welcome to ZU, by the way.)
I could definitely see where the quote could be taken a different way and i later realized the saying i was thinking of is different than that one. I definitely see that in there. Also, thank you and everyone else who has been very nice and welcoming.
Last Edited by Totoro; 02-26-2010 at 02:16 AM. Reason:
  #129 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-26-2010, 10:55 PM
Goron
Send a message via AIM to linkspants
View Posts: 216

Okay which game does the "The wind...it is blowing" quote from Ganondorf come from and how do I not remember that lol?! That's awesome! Here are some of my favs:

"Oooh it's so cute..I just want to eat it!" - Girl in treasure chest building in MM as you wear the bunny hood.

"Tingle Tingle Kooloo-Limpah!" and the part aftewards about not stealing his quote - Tingle, MM

The noise Link makes when he falls from a high place - OoT and MM lol

These toys are too much for you. I command you to return them to me! *lifts fist*" - Ganondorft, OoT
  #130 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-26-2010, 11:10 PM
Mogma
View Posts: 182

" I found a mirror under the table" - Link (seriously)

I was kind of confused when he said this . It was in Zelda II, so it looks like a speaking Link is a faded possibility.
  #131 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-27-2010, 08:39 AM
Metropolis_Life Metropolis_Life is a male Canada Metropolis_Life is offline
Guardian of the Harikanian
Send a message via Skype™ to Metropolis_Life
View Posts: 504

I remember the first time I played Majora's Mask I was about eleven, and completely freaked out by Skullkid. Remember when he steals Epona?

Quote:
Originally posted by Skullkid
What's with that stupid horse of
yours?! It doesn't listen to a
word that's said to it...
There's no point in riding a thing
like that, so I did you a favor and
got rid of it...
Hee, hee...
Am I the only one who thought then that Skullkid had killed (and possibly eaten) Epona?
Last Edited by Metropolis_Life; 02-27-2010 at 02:07 PM. Reason:
  #132 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-27-2010, 10:06 AM
(Jehanne)

View Posts: 17,457

Quote:
Guys, please do more than just say a quote. Go into a little more detail, say why the quote was interesting/noteworthy/funny to you. I hate to be the fun police here, but if this doesn't improve, I will have to lock this. :<
I've deleted post(s) that are short/spammy or do not contain quotes. Please keep Vey's comment (quoted above) in mind when you're posting here.

As for myself, I like what Midna says at the end of TP to Link... when he doesn't say anything. I didn't see any pictures of Midna's true form before that scene, so I was also in shock, just like Link.

#133 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-27-2010, 12:08 PM
Mogma
View Posts: 182

Quote:
I know you're a mod, and I may not understand, but this is a lighthearted forum. Just so long as things don't get too extreme or heated or messed, everything seems fine. I have been seeing you in some other threads as well saying the same thing, and don't take this as an offense, but c'mon, things don't have to be proper all the time .

Oh yeah, I have another one:

"You dare bring light to my room, you shall die!" *Zap* *Zap* - Ganon (CDi)

Funniest thing ever! The zapping part really made it more hilarious. Try looking for a video of it! They've made plenty of parodies as well.
  #134 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-27-2010, 03:39 PM
Light Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by wereman View Post
I know you're a mod, and I may not understand, but this is a lighthearted forum. Just so long as things don't get too extreme or heated or messed, everything seems fine. I have been seeing you in some other threads as well saying the same thing, and don't take this as an offense, but c'mon, things don't have to be proper all the time .

Oh yeah, I have another one:

"You dare bring light to my room, you shall die!" *Zap* *Zap* - Ganon (CDi)

Funniest thing ever! The zapping part really made it more hilarious. Try looking for a video of it! They've made plenty of parodies as well.
No, sir, you are incorrect. This is a forum for discussing things. If you want to spam quotes, do it in the clans- that's what they're there for.

Now, I'm afraid the fun's over, guys.

EDIT: I'm giving this thread one more chance. If anyone just spams quotes again, though, this will be locked for good next time.
Last Edited by Ymirida; 02-28-2010 at 06:25 PM. Reason:
  #135 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-28-2010, 08:34 PM

Hello again everybody,

As you all know, this thread was locked due to poor posting and minimal explaination of your selection of quotes/sayings.
Veyrael gave this thread a second chance and unlocked it, which is awfully generous of her!

New rules as of 2-28-2010:
  • Explain why you chose these as your favorite quotes or sayings (In other words discuss in a clear and reasonable manner)
  • If you liked other ZUer's quotes, don't hesitate to discuss about it but keep in mind not too veer off the topic and try to avoid spamming at all costs.
  • Veyrael or any other moderators will delete your post if you they don't require a long enough reason or simply no reason at all of why you chose these. Posting just your favourite quotes/sayings won't cut it this time around and this also applies to newcomers.
I hope these are clear enough to understand and so eveyone can start on the right foot here, now let's begin shall we.

Listen carefully to what I, the Deku Tree, am about to tell thee...
Thy slumber these past moons must have been restless, and full of nightmares...
As the servants of evil gain strength, a vile climate pervades the land and causes nightmares to those sensitive to it...
Verily, thou hast felt it...
Link...
The time has come to test thy courage...
I have been cursed...
I need you to break the curse with your wisdom and courage.
Dost thou have courage enough to undertake this task?
-Great Deku Tree

The way the Great Deku Tree is higly charismatic, he talks in an old english tone added on which adds more of a middle-aged feel. His speech is clear but is replaced by more advanced words and other wording and more poetic phrases for instance: "Thy slumber these past moons must have been restless". Instead of saying "This sleep these days have been wide awake".
He uses "thy" instead of "your", "thou" instead of "I", "hast" instead of "has" and "thee" instead of "you". Very remarkable saying indeed.
Last Edited by Cheshireson; 02-28-2010 at 08:59 PM. Reason:
  #136 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Mogma
View Posts: 172

"I feel... This place will be very important for both of us someday. That's what I feel." -- Saria

Great foreshadowing here. When I learned Link's destiny to awaken the Sages and Saria's destiny to be a sage...this was the first thing that came to mind. Saria knew that something like this might happen from the beginning. Every time I replay the game now, I feel as if there is a hint of sadness in her tone: the knowledge that she and Link's time as friends will soon come to an end.
Newest Scratch Pad blog posts: Renewal? Top 5 Series that Require a Comeback (6/24) and Scott Pilgrim’s Precious Little Life (6/23)
Newest Racattack Junction post: Franken Fran Review (5/11)
  #137 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-08-2010, 04:36 PM

I got some funny quotes from Minish Cap I found the other day that i'd like to share with everyone:

Princess Zelda gave you a small shield!
Hold the button to protect yourself.
...It IS a little embarassing, though. It's so tiny!

You got one rupee!
Don't spend it all on one place.

1. This sounds a little odd at first, this whole quote has two different meanings to it if you can decipher them out. They are hiding something!

2. You got one rupee, what is so great about getting just one rupee? And the other funny thing about this is.. you can't even buy anything with one rupee. You can't even spend it alone, I guess they thought a little sarcasm wouldn't hurt.
Last Edited by Cheshireson; 03-08-2010 at 04:39 PM. Reason:
  #138 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-12-2010, 08:48 PM
"If you forget me.... I'll never forgive you! -Marin
View Posts: 18

The most memorable quotes...well
"NO TAKE MIRROR!" -Twilight Princess
That one is soo memorable because when it happened it scared the crap out of me. I will never, ever forget this.

"Oceans....oceans... oceans as far as the eye can see" -Wind Waker
The whole thing when Gannondorf was talking about Tetra/Zelda really, I don't know just spoke to me. It gave me this feeling inside, not really sure how to explain it but it was good.

"Wow, that's a decrepit old shield... Are you sure you can still use that thing? Are you going to get splinters and cry? Well, whatever... If you're ready, then let's go!" -Tetra Wind waker
This just shows how much I love Tetra... I really enjoy her in your face attitude and this, well I guess this just made me laugh when I read it.

"W-Wait! You could... You could come with us! Yes, of course... We have a ship! We can find it! We WILL find it! The land that will be the next Hyrule!" -Tetra/Zelda Wind Waker
I guess that most of the ending quotes of Wind Waker really got to me. This shows that Tetra does have a soft side, and is willing to help. This shows her less mean side and shows that she doesn't want to leave him behind.

"I'll never forget the days we spent together in Hyrule... And I believe in my heart that a day will come when I shall meet you again..." —Princess Zelda (Majora's Mask)
Not sure why, but this quote is really awesome. It shows how Link and Zelda were connected for sometime

"But our protection is no longer needed. Even without the spirits' guidance, you will do well. So I think I will return to the heavens... In the company of my old friend Byrne. Please watch over this land, my dear. And, [Link]... You must help her. Good-bye... And thank you. Thank you both." —Anjean (Spirit Tracks)
Depressing ending... but this is a lovely quote.

"When evil rules all, an awakening voice from the Sacred Realm will call those destined to be Sages, who dwell in the five temples. One in a deep forest...One on a high mountain...One under a vast lake...One within the house of the dead...One inside a goddess of the sand...Together with the Hero of Time, the awakened ones will bind the evil and return the light of peace to the world...This is the legend of the temples passed down by my people, the Sheikah." —Sheik (Ocarina of Time)
This really is one that just sums up the whole journey, but it is somewhat eerie I felt. I really liked Sheiks explainations to everything... she was always so thoughtful with her words.

"Yes, but there should be no regrets. He wouldn't have had it any other way. Besides, our kind are the servants of the spirits. We don't disappear that easily. The spirit is persistent, my dear. Byrne may not have any memory of these events, but years from now, he'll return in a new form." —Anjean (Spirit Tracks)
These sad quotes really have me thinking... and I like that. I think the whole thing with the Lokomo's at the end was very interesting.

Sorry that this is soo long... I really have more than this but decided that this would be enough for now. Hopefully this meets guidelines. (Italicized are my thoughts of the quote)
  #139 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-26-2010, 10:17 PM
necrosis1994 necrosis1994 is a male United States necrosis1994 is offline
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 2

Ganon: Gods! Hear that which I desire! Expose this land to the rays of the sun once more! Let them burn forth! Give Hyrule to me!!!
Daphnes: He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted... That is what you said, is it not, Ganondorf? Gods of the Triforce! Hear that which I desire! Hope! I desire hope for these children! Give them a future! Wash away this ancient land of Hyrule! Let a ray of hope shine on the future of the world!!!
(The Triforce glows.)
Daphnes: And let our destinies finally be fulfilled... Ganondorf! May you drown with Hyrule!!!

This scene gives me chills everytime I see it, it's just epic. Especially the last part, "Ganondorf! May you drown with Hyrule!!!", when I saw that, I just stared at the screen in awe for 5 minutes before I continued. Wind Waker just had an awesome ending.
  #140 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-05-2010, 12:27 AM

Here is a few more quotes I would like to share with everyone, so without further ado, I will jump right to it.

Quote:
おまえには 長い日々が、この世界では 無かったも同然。まことに 不思議なことじゃて。ふたつの時代を  行き来する少年のことを、この私ですら 伝説だとばかり思っとったよ。リンクよ、おまえは すっかり 勇者 の風格を 身につけた。

“A long time in this world is to you as if it didn’t pass, truly a mysterious thing! Even I thought that thing about a boy who plies between two epochs was merely a legend! O Link, you have completely assumed the attitude of a hero.”

-Kaepora Gaebora (Ocarina of Time)
It is implied that Link has matured since the years have passed, the owl says that he finally has the personality of a true hero. But realistically, as a child, he has already shown an immense amount of courage and determination; which proves himself false in a sense. But I still thought this quote was interesting, regardless. Also for the fact, it is one of the last things that Kaepora says in the game.

Quote:
“They say that one Kokiri has left the forest, and he is still alive!”

-Hidden Gossip Stone (Ocarina of Time)
I was actually quite intrigued with this quote from one of the hidden gossip stones that is behind the Great Deku Tree, so, in fact there are two gossip stones in that particular area. Anyway, about the quote— I actually sort of laughed at this because I am not sure if this makes complete sense, so correct me if I am wrong. It specifically says a Kokiri has left the forest, now, Link isn’t a Kokiri, for the fact that the Great Deku Sprout had explained to him as an adult that he is a Hylian. It also cannot be Saria, because it specifically says a “he”.

Also, supposively the Great Deku Tree said this to a local Kokiri:

Quote:
“The Great Deku Tree said that if a Kokiri leaves the woods, he or she will die!”
So this in fact stumps me, not only because of that; but because after Ganondorf’s defeat, a number of Kokiri, including Mido, are present at the celebration in Lon Lon Ranch and do not appear to have suffered any ill effect. This draws me to my concluding question, who is the one Kokiri to have left the forest in the first place?
Last Edited by Cheshireson; 05-21-2010 at 11:28 PM. Reason:
Closed Thread

Tags
favorite, legend of zelda, quotes, sayings, series