Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#361 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2009, 08:02 PM
Guardian Dragon
View Posts: 2,177
Re: Zelda Movie: Volume III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feline Witch View Post
Then I don't think that's really true to the books. If the narrative emphasis isn't on them, then it's not really part of the book is it? But its not really that, its you just get the whole "LOTR battle spectacular" vibe off them. Like if you swapped out the trolls and snow queens and put orcs and wraits instead, it wouldn't make that much of a difference.
Yeah, I've read Prince Caspian, and some of the battles in the movie were over-the-top to say the least.

Enuf3, the entire raid on the castle in the Prince Caspian movie was not in the book.
  #362 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2009, 09:34 PM
Sage of Wisdom
Steam ID: TheFlyingDaywalker
View Posts: 1,320

I agree, that fan movie is way too generic. Also, even though it's low budget, couldn't they have done Link better? I mean, come on...

But anyway, I remember someone posting an idea here about a Zelda movie that would consist of a child wandering into a forest, and his imagination blooms things into existence (the Zelda world). This was a great idea, as it actually is a lot like how Shiggy came up with Zelda anyway. Miyamoto created Zelda from his memories of exploring caves and forests as a child. All in all, this could be great for a Zelda movie.

A few ideas I had for this:

-At the end, it could have the child being stuck in this realm of his own imagination. That, or it could all just disappear instantly as he hears his mother calling for him.

-Seeing as this is sort of like a daydream, perhaps the plot could be based off of LA, with mix ins of Majora's Mask for an otherworldly effect. Using these two would be the best way to keep the movie from turning into another LotR carbon copy, as they IMO the most original Zelda games to date.

I'll probably post more ideas later, but I need to check some things real quick.
Last Edited by Soli; 05-01-2009 at 09:36 PM. Reason:
  #363 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2009, 09:43 PM
View Posts: 12,224

While it was my idea, I still don't think it's a good one.
Howeevr, you have thought this out. An interesting idea with LA to say the least.
  #364 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Sage of Wisdom
Steam ID: TheFlyingDaywalker
View Posts: 1,320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattocks View Post
While it was my idea, I still don't think it's a good one.
Howeevr, you have thought this out. An interesting idea with LA to say the least.
Haha, what a coinkidink! Kudos for the inspiration =P.

Anyway, I was thinking that this would be either an anime movie by Miyazaki (NO ONE ELSE SHALL TOUCH THE PRECIOUS!), or it would be live-action, preferably directed by Guillermo Del Toro. These two really know how to capture an otherworldly tone, and their movies are usually very original as well, so it is very unlikely that they would pretty it up for Hollywood bozos.

It would probably be outcome of MM and LA having a beautiful, well written baby. It would have the eerie and immersive feel of MM, hopefully working well to the point that the audience thinks that this is really happening around the child (let's call him Miyamoto), while at the same time playing upon the dreamy aspect of LA.

It would slowly emerge into the realm of the child's imagination, first beginning with "Miyamoto" walking through a forest (perhaps after some trouble at home, a la Where the Wild Things Are) and a fairy (orb + wings) begins to follow him. As this happens, you see a lot of the little orbs with the trailing tails like the ones in Kokiri Forest. Over the course of the movie, it slowly drifts from reality to imagination, which at that point would be inside the fully fledged universe of Zelda.

I'm not sure about what the story aspects should be, but I suppose that the conflict could be metaphorical to the trauma he has before he goes into the forest.

What do you guys think so far? I'm afraid to go any further haha.
  #365 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-02-2009, 01:44 AM
Light Spirit
Send a message via AIM to Enuf3
View Posts: 3,121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feline Witch View Post
Then I don't think that's really true to the books. If the narrative emphasis isn't on them, then it's not really part of the book is it? But its not really that, its you just get the whole "LOTR battle spectacular" vibe off them. Like if you swapped out the trolls and snow queens and put orcs and wraits instead, it wouldn't make that much of a difference.
Yeah, but Lewis didn't emphasis on ANYTHING. He was very basic and non descriptive with the Narnia books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWP View Post
Enuf3, the entire raid on the castle in the Prince Caspian movie was not in the book.
Not really.... But the book does mention how there were many raids. So it's not out of place, actually.
Last Edited by Enuf3; 05-02-2009 at 01:45 AM. Reason:
  #366 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-02-2009, 05:50 AM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 5,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enuf3 View Post
Yeah, but Lewis didn't emphasis on ANYTHING. He was very basic and non descriptive with the Narnia books.

He put a lot more emphasis on the White Witch feeding Edmond the turkish delight or the mice chewing through Aslan's cords then he did on battles. I just think the over-the-top battles were a bit forced in and rather unneeded.

Mind you I cannot stand most of the actors either. Peter just seemed like the epitome of "complete English w****r. " Just Britain had MINE written on half the world, doesn't mean everyone in London talked like they were better then everyone else. I mean c'mon, shouldn't be rooting for Peter, not wanting to strangle him every time he spoke?

You know its SEXY.

My friend's group. Join! http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...n-society.html
  #367 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-02-2009, 06:56 AM
Tit face.
Send a message via AIM to Super Fergus Send a message via Skype™ to Super Fergus
View Posts: 1,293

Why are we talking about the Narnia films?
Sure, their visuals we're quite impressive,
but terrible films non the less, never mind the acting.

Zelda is not Narnia,
Though, closer to that than LotR would be.

Moving on...
  #368 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-02-2009, 09:20 AM
Light Spirit
Send a message via AIM to Enuf3
View Posts: 3,121

I didn't say it was Narnia. I was just defending it.
  #369 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Hylian Warlord
View Posts: 3,666

I agree with the consensus that I want the LOZ live action movie to distinguish itself from LOTR and Narnia, but I don't mind that it has some type of influence from those movies since they have a proven blueprint for commercial success. Whether we like it or not, the commercial media & critics are going to lump the LOZ movie into the medieval fantasy genre with LOTR & Narnia. So unless there is a contrived attempt too make the LOZ movie too unique to avoid the inevitable comparisons and categorizations, this is exactly what is going to happen.

But I do have a problem with Link speaking in a cliche heavy british accent though. If we want to make the LOZ movie unique from LOTR and Narnia, I say no heavy british accents for anyone and go for more North American southern or east coast American or French Canadian. Maybe middle eastern/central asian accents for the Gerudos. I don't know really. Just trying to randomly brainstorm on the dialogue issue at the moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhelm View Post
polygamy is legal in Hyrule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaZealot View Post
No! Link will be a pedophile in the child timeline mark ZeldaZealot words!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnorv View Post
the Hero of Time was, technically, truly retarded.
Last Edited by Ganonslayer2000; 05-02-2009 at 01:31 PM. Reason:
  #370 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-03-2009, 01:35 AM
Art Critic
Send a message via AIM to Shaelyn
View Posts: 780

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganonslayer2000 View Post
I agree with the consensus that I want the LOZ live action movie to distinguish itself from LOTR and Narnia, but I don't mind that it has some type of influence from those movies since they have a proven blueprint for commercial success. Whether we like it or not, the commercial media & critics are going to lump the LOZ movie into the medieval fantasy genre with LOTR & Narnia. So unless there is a contrived attempt too make the LOZ movie too unique to avoid the inevitable comparisons and categorizations, this is exactly what is going to happen.

But I do have a problem with Link speaking in a cliche heavy british accent though. If we want to make the LOZ movie unique from LOTR and Narnia, I say no heavy british accents for anyone and go for more North American southern or east coast American or French Canadian. Maybe middle eastern/central asian accents for the Gerudos. I don't know really. Just trying to randomly brainstorm on the dialogue issue at the moment.
I could see it being released in Japan first, then brought over to the US w/ American voice actors for a dubbed version...which makes the whole accent argument a moot point. in other countries, I dunno how that'll go...but usually I think America brings in its own voice actors to dub over stuff, especially with more "pop culture" stuff.

hmmmm...if this was done live-action...could you guys see a Japanese Link doing the job? not to mention the other Hylians, etc... maybe it *would* be better to do this in CGI, if that's the run of things...

ZU's monthly art contests are epic and made of win. you should check 'em out.

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Last Edited by Shaelyn; 05-03-2009 at 01:39 AM. Reason:
  #371 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-03-2009, 02:17 AM
I'm not giving him cake! I'm assaulting him with cake!
Steam ID: ND88ct
View Posts: 179

looks pretty fake
  #372 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-03-2009, 02:20 AM
kickin ass with a single finger
View Posts: 958

tp in cg
that would be pretty cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo-Chan View Post
*starts up chainsaw* Crazy? Me? Naaaaaaaaaaaaw.
(\_/)
(>'.'<)
(") (")
This is Jub-jub, post him in your sig to help him gain world domination.
  #373 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-03-2009, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88claytions View Post
looks pretty fake
Have you read anything? Or are you just posting after watching one video? There is no real movie being made. BMB Finishes is making a fan film, which is real. If you're talking about the IGN trailer, then yes, it is fake. It's been said probably 100 time throughout the thread.
  #374 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-03-2009, 08:17 AM
Tit face.
Send a message via AIM to Super Fergus Send a message via Skype™ to Super Fergus
View Posts: 1,293

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattocks View Post
Have you read anything? Or are you just posting after watching one video? There is no real movie being made. BMB Finishes is making a fan film, which is real. If you're talking about the IGN trailer, then yes, it is fake. It's been said probably 100 time throughout the thread.
I was hoping to see a mega face palm.
  #375 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-03-2009, 08:38 AM

I still havn't fixed the hole in my wall from the last one.
Regardles. Please read threads before you post. Or at least skim some of it so there is not a huge amunt of me slamming me face into my hands.
  #376 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Hylian Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaelyn View Post
I could see it being released in Japan first, then brought over to the US w/ American voice actors for a dubbed version...which makes the whole accent argument a moot point. in other countries, I dunno how that'll go...but usually I think America brings in its own voice actors to dub over stuff, especially with more "pop culture" stuff.

hmmmm...if this was done live-action...could you guys see a Japanese Link doing the job? not to mention the other Hylians, etc... maybe it *would* be better to do this in CGI, if that's the run of things...
I don't consider myself a picky person, and so I'm OK with anime or CG with voice actors for the Zelda movie. But in where I live in the USA, anime and CG type movies is not very popular. So outside of an NYC or LA theater exclusive, a non live action Zelda movie would not be a huge commercial success IMO. Would love an anime or CG for DVD release though.

But I think someone had told me before that this is the easy way out and if the Zelda movie is to have an impression on movie goers in most parts of the USA, the Zelda movie has to be a high quality live action movie.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Last Edited by Ganonslayer2000; 05-03-2009 at 01:09 PM. Reason:
  #377 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-03-2009, 02:28 PM
Art Critic

Quote:
I don't consider myself a picky person, and so I'm OK with anime or CG with voice actors for the Zelda movie. But in where I live in the USA, anime and CG type movies is not very popular. So outside of an NYC or LA theater exclusive, a non live action Zelda movie would not be a huge commercial success IMO. Would love an anime or CG for DVD release though.
is it the area you're in, or the crowd you talk to? CG-films are often targeted at children (see: Disney/Pixar). there'd be nothing wrong with a CG-film with a young demographic.
if they target teens though, it's another story. but if they use a kid to play Link for a live-action version like we were discussing earlier, I don't see a lot of teens going to the theater either...so it wouldn't matter. if they want to bring teens in too, they'd probably need to use a teenage live-action Link.

no matter how badass they make this movie/what audience they target/how much marketing they put into this though, it will not be a huge success. there's no way around it; it's a movie based on a game series.

#378 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-03-2009, 10:22 PM
Hylian Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaelyn View Post
is it the area you're in, or the crowd you talk to?
Both. But yeah..video game to movie crossovers don't usually do to well in commercial success. (Super Mario Bros, Double Dragon, Doom, Street Fighter ect.) I really don't want the Zelda movie targeting a child demographic, and its just my personal preference that the Zelda movie, regardless if its live action or not be a PG 13 rating at least.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
  #379 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-04-2009, 02:54 AM
Art Critic

Quote:
Both. But yeah..video game to movie crossovers don't usually do to well in commercial success. (Super Mario Bros, Double Dragon, Doom, Street Fighter ect.) I really don't want the Zelda movie targeting a child demographic, and its just my personal preference that the Zelda movie, regardless if its live action or not be a PG 13 rating at least.
agreed - my above post was my unbiased thoughts on what they'd need to do to succeed though, not what I'd want to see in a Zelda movie. I'd love to see a more mature movie. I don't think a PG-13 rating is necessary for a movie to be more mature in the sense that I'm looking for...I'm talking a movie with some depth to it that may fly over kids' heads rather than visuals that give them nightmares. ...and I'd like to see an older Link play the part too.

ugh...I've been thinking about the Final Fantasy movie of late...and how horribly this could go for the Zelda movie

#380 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Don't get Hooked in the mouth!
View Posts: 1,204

Well I think it should just be left as a game series.
After watching the BMB Hero of time trailer I think it's safe to say games are games for a reason and by that I mean there Gannondorf had a huge freakin thing on his forhead, as well as a beer belly, not to metion his hair wich looked unaturel and more like a Rug stapled to his head. I actually died abit inside after seeing it.

I just hope that if there is a Zelda movie, that the people incharge are intelligent and don't make it cheesy even though it in genral is a cheesy thing, but cheesy in a good way.

Signature by the almighty GoldStud!

Last Edited by Lurrrre!; 05-07-2009 at 07:54 PM. Reason:
Closed Thread

Tags
fan, film, hero, iii, legend, legend of zelda, link, movie, play, seeker, star, thoughts, time, update, volume, zelda, zelda movie