Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#281 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-09-2009, 07:24 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 5,680
Re: Zelda Movie: Volume III

Paris Hilton has no more talent then dead skin scraped out between people's toes.

You know its SEXY.

My friend's group. Join! http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...n-society.html
  #282 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Masterthesword Masterthesword is a male United States Masterthesword is offline
Swordsmith
View Posts: 159

Hey!
Internets back at my house.
WOOT WOOT!!

anyways, to touch on arguments that have taken place

Multiple Links - No. Sure Different games have had different links. but only four swords has had multiple Links in one game. Personally I didn't like that. enemies were too easy.

Trilogy/Series/single - Single will not work. Trilogy is a magic number no matter what one says. There are 3 pieces to the Triforce. BING!
Having 4 Episodes might be kinda cool
Movie 1- Power - The rise of Darkness
Movie 2 - Wisdom - The light Before the Dawn
Movie 3 - Courage - Hope Renewed
Movie 4 - Triforce United

These movies can each have a plot different from any game.

Use of a game for a movie argument - will not work. In each game, a player has a choice. he chooses where to go and usually each player has a favorite strategy. In a movie, there has to be more of a plot. Link must have an internal conflict as well as battles he must fight.

Young Vs. Old - Link must start out young. whether the actor is 15 or 16 doesn't matter. He must look, sound and act young. He can't start out ready to take on the world.
compromise. Start out at the beginning among a village. Monsters come and wipe out most of his village. he sees his parents killed before his eyes. this forces him to mature and grow up.
Link travels to another town, Kakariko, for example and learns to fight. This time passes in a series of short clips of Link's training.
At the end of his training he is older and stronger. this gives the young Link story aspect, and the possibilities with fighting aspect.

I have a basic plot that I will submit in a separate thread later

Then Master the Sword
Last Edited by Masterthesword; 04-09-2009 at 09:34 PM. Reason: More to add
  #283 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-09-2009, 09:41 PM
Triforce of the Gods Triforce of the Gods is a male United States Triforce of the Gods is offline
OBJECTION!
Send a message via AIM to Triforce of the Gods Send a message via Skype™ to Triforce of the Gods
Steam ID: triforceofthegods Wii U ID: TriforceoftheGod 3DS ID: 2921-9263-7348

View Posts: 9,157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterthesword View Post
Young Vs. Old - Link must start out young. whether the actor is 15 or 16 doesn't matter.
16 is an adult in Hyrule. That's how old Link is in AoL. All the young Links (i.e. every game except AoL, TP, adult half of OoT) are around 10 to 12.
  #284 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Swordsmith

Okay
Here's my plot.
feel free to rip it to shreds, suggest changes.
I'll just cry myself to sleep at your criticism (sarcastic voice)

Movie 1

Starts out with a prophecy
(don't have it finished yet srry)

when this prophecy fades out and link fades in. Young. He and his village have pointy ears.
He is playing with some friends and he is not wearing his special green tunic. Screams arise after a while. and people begin to run. some type of humanoid monsters come running and start killing people. (Minimal blood is shown, but there are not flashes of light like the games) Link climbs a tree and hides from the monsters. possibly Moblins. He specifically sees his parents killed and his best friend being chased away. He doesn't see him die. but hears him scream. Link cries and when all is quiet climbs down. he goes over to his parents and kneels next to them. He takes a necklace from his mother and walks away down the road. the necklace is a miniture piece of the triforce.
He stumbles dirty into Kakariko village and is taken in by a man named Rusl. Link becomes a man of few words. He trains with a sword and gets older.
(this period of time is covered in short clips showing his training.)
Now Link is 17 or so. he wears a green tunic and is the town guardsman.
He hears word from travelers that the people of the desert are on the move. Link travels on his horse (where'd he get it? I dunno) to scout out the surrounding forests. He meets monsters and his first battle begins.
He kicks butt.
he misses one though and is knocked unconcious. he awakes in front of a tall man with red hair. Gannondorf.
Ganondorf is actually Link's best friend assumed dead. He has been deformed from experiments and torture. He notices Links pointed ears and shows his own to prove he is the boy. He has been changed from the boy and into an evil man. He tells Link to leave and never return, lest Link die in the conflict.
Link is stunned and leaves.

Kinda depressing but thats just the first movie.
I'll come back with more later

Then Master the Sword
  #285 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-09-2009, 10:57 PM
The Dreamer
Send a message via AIM to Brandikins Send a message via Yahoo to Brandikins Send a message via Skype™ to Brandikins
View Posts: 113

I thought that movie was just an April fools joke.......
  #286 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-09-2009, 11:00 PM
Triforce of the Gods Triforce of the Gods is a male United States Triforce of the Gods is offline
OBJECTION!
Send a message via AIM to Triforce of the Gods Send a message via Skype™ to Triforce of the Gods
Steam ID: triforceofthegods Wii U ID: TriforceoftheGod 3DS ID: 2921-9263-7348

View Posts: 9,157

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0niLink View Post
If your talking about the IGN prank, yeah it was. But if you bothered to read the thread before posting, you'd know that's not what we're talking about.
  #287 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-09-2009, 11:06 PM
View Posts: 12,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0niLink View Post
*Mega facepalm*
  #288 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2009, 09:54 AM
Swordsmith

I believe every one who has internet or youtube access and any sense at all knows its an april fools joke.
But I was hoping they'd come out with another trailer,(not movie) on this april 1st. It was just so cool to watch. ticked me off, but was still cool
Watcha think of the plot.
The gannondorf connection is corny isn't it.

Then Master the Sword
  #289 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2009, 10:28 AM
Skyloftian
View Posts: 750

Yes. Very corny. I don't think Ganondorf and Link should be connected in anyway other than destiny. Especially no Darth Vader complex.
  #290 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2009, 11:08 AM
Swordsmith

Quote:
Yes. Very corny. I don't think Ganondorf and Link should be connected in anyway other than destiny. Especially no Darth Vader complex.
True, but it adds more conflict to Link's decisions. what he knows is right and what he wants for himself. It makes Link more human. but ya. no Darth Vader. Sorry bad Idea

Then Master the Sword
  #291 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2009, 12:33 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 5,680

Quote:
True, but it adds more conflict to Link's decisions. what he knows is right and what he wants for himself. It makes Link more human. but ya. no Darth Vader. Sorry bad Idea
I AM YOUR FATHER moments are all well and good, but they've become a very tired cliche now. Rather then upping dramatic tension its more likely to make people roll their eyes in disgust. So while its a nice idea, its been overused and really doesn't have dramatic impact any more.

You know its SEXY.

My friend's group. Join! http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...n-society.html
  #292 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Coolest Christian Badass
Send a message via Skype™ to Joy-Rider
View Posts: 1,653

Quote:

Multiple Links - No. Sure Different games have had different links. but only four swords has had multiple Links in one game. Personally I didn't like that. enemies were too easy.
I don't think anyone mentioned multiple Links in the same movie. It would be multiple Links in different movies. Like movie one might have the original Link, and then movie two would take place 100 years later and have a different Link. That's what I meant by mulitiple Links.
  #293 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2009, 02:55 PM
Your Salvation Through Destruction
View Posts: 1,016

I'm sorry to go off topic, but when I skimmed through I didn't see this mentioned, Has anyone realized that cloth Tunics tend to suck? what about leather for links Tunic, and hat. at least it appears leather in Twilight Princess
  #294 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Swordsmith

Leather or no.
Leather would be cool, but green leather doesn't look good. the dye they use doesn't work. I agree the bright green tunic is rather stupid, but a forest green tunic will look fine.

New Idea, Does Gannondorf have a background in Gerudo? Like something that made him want to take over Hyrule, besides power? Like is he trying to save his people but in a misguided way?

Thoughts anyone?

Then Master the Sword
  #295 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Coolest Christian Badass

Quote:
New Idea, Does Gannondorf have a background in Gerudo? Like something that made him want to take over Hyrule, besides power? Like is he trying to save his people but in a misguided way?

Thoughts anyone?
Let's see... are there any thoughts on this subject stated in the last two pages? hmmm... well, maybe this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enuf3 View Post

The fifth could also be a great way to dive into Ganon's back story... Kind of like WW did... Showing that Ganon was a person once.. who actually cared about his people.. It's a great way to make Ganon more of a deeper tragic character.. Maybe have the audience actually feel a bit bad for him once Link destroys him.
  #296 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2009, 05:22 PM
Light Spirit
Send a message via AIM to Enuf3
View Posts: 3,121

My posts must go unheard by most. lol
  #297 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2009, 10:48 PM
View Posts: 12,224

I didn't like the whole misguided savior thing personaly. It seemed to go against everything else we know about Ganondorf. Every other time we see him he is portrayed as pure evil, bent on world domination and complete power throught the TF. The suddently it's "I'm trying to save my people". I honestly thought it was suposed to be a trick or somehting to catch Link off gaurd.
  #298 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2009, 10:55 PM
Coolest Christian Badass

I don't know... I think it could work, but you do bring up a good point, Mattocks. the trouble is that it isn't as believable. I don't think people will accept anyone as pure evil without some reason for them to have gotten that way in the first place...
  #299 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-11-2009, 04:12 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 5

I would love to see an anime of link to the past or ocarina of time. Just simply imagine an epic adventure with som heavy music to it. Seroiusly I would almost die for it. After watching about 8 hours of epicness he finaly comes to battle Ganon, seriously I'm almost dying imagining it. Thats what I think however.
  #300 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-11-2009, 06:00 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by violentlink View Post
I'd like to see live motion movie. I think Paris Hilton could actually make a great link, and before you think I'm crazy, look at this picture!!:

Her ears even look pointy!

Haha! That's a good pick for Link. We would need someone more......feminine. Paris is just a bit too much slutty, probably be screwin every boss fight she encountered. We need someone like Rebecca Roman Stamos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rebeccaromijn.jpg (18.2 KB, 4 views)
Last Edited by batmanjokerlink; 04-11-2009 at 06:00 AM. Reason:
Closed Thread

Tags
fan, film, hero, iii, legend, legend of zelda, link, movie, play, seeker, star, thoughts, time, update, volume, zelda, zelda movie