Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: Should Midna have been included in Brawl?
Yes, I think she would have made a good addition 48 65.75%
No, I don't think it would have worked/I dislike Midna 25 34.25%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#41 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-09-2008, 12:54 AM
Jedi Master
View Posts: 614
Re: Should Midna have been included in Brawl?

Why not just have Midna ride on top of wolf link? Like have them as one character. The standard moves would just be wolf link attacking like normal. Midna could use her hair/hand as there grab move.
Up B:Midna teleports wolf link like in the game.
B:Midna throws a rock or something from the twilight.
Over B:Wolf link dashes and if there is a enemy in his path he jumps and does the jump move he has in the game, where he grabs on to a enemy and bites them.
Down B:Same as the move in the game with the red circle.

Final smash: midna uses the fused shadows.
  #42 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-09-2008, 02:15 AM
There is no such thing as innocence. Only degrees of guilt.
Steam ID: The Arbitrator
View Posts: 9,232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain TMS View Post
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser,
(Yoshi represents his own series)
Link, Zelda, Shiek, Ganondorf, Toon Link.
Pikachu, Lucario, Pokemon Trainer, Jigglypuff.
Yoshi is still a part of the Mario franchise, you know, and just because he's been in his own game once or twice doesn't make him the representative of a separate series, when even now he's still better known as a member of the Mario franchise (like Luigi and Peach, who've also starred in their own games). And if Sheik is a separate character to Zelda (when she's just a different form even in description), so are the trainer's pokemon (which are actually separate entities in description, and work as three forms rather than two).

So whichever way you look at it, either Super Mario or Pokemon has the most representation, I believe.

Whether or not ROB is classic, however, he's not a "classic character" more than he is a "classic peripheral". There were many other classics they could've chosen from, and many other side-characters from another series they could've put in instead of ROB. And there's far too many clone characters as-is as well, and not enough separate serieses. I'd like to see some representation from Eternal Darkness, for example, a seemingly forgotten classic. Or maybe someone from one of the multitude of games they've got listed in that huge list in the Vault.

Also, some of the Assist Trophies would've made good characters to play as. Gray Fox to name but one. And Sonic really needed an alternate costume that looked like Shadow.

"Even should the heavens fall, let Justice prevail."
Last Edited by Lord Zero; 07-09-2008 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #43 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-09-2008, 03:41 AM
Goron
View Posts: 294

I think it would`ve been so AWSOME, if Midna was in Brawl!!!! She woulde`ve been a playable charector, or a sidekick of Link`s. It would also be cool if Brawl had Wolf-Link as a charector, too.
  #44 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-09-2008, 06:46 AM
Misa~
View Posts: 416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Earth View Post
Yoshi is still a part of the Mario franchise, you know, and just because he's been in his own game once or twice doesn't make him the representative of a separate series, when even now he's still better known as a member of the Mario franchise (like Luigi and Peach, who've also starred in their own games). And if Sheik is a separate character to Zelda (when she's just a different form even in description), so are the trainer's pokemon (which are actually separate entities in description, and work as three forms rather than two).

So whichever way you look at it, either Super Mario or Pokemon has the most representation, I believe.

Whether or not ROB is classic, however, he's not a "classic character" more than he is a "classic peripheral". There were many other classics they could've chosen from, and many other side-characters from another series they could've put in instead of ROB. And there's far too many clone characters as-is as well, and not enough separate serieses. I'd like to see some representation from Eternal Darkness, for example, a seemingly forgotten classic. Or maybe someone from one of the multitude of games they've got listed in that huge list in the Vault.

Also, some of the Assist Trophies would've made good characters to play as. Gray Fox to name but one. And Sonic really needed an alternate costume that looked like Shadow.
Yeah, I agree. There are a lot of characters that are very similar, anyway, such as Fox, Falco and Wolf, I don't really think Wolf was a neccessary addition to Brawl to be honest. If characters like that are able to get in, I don't see why others that are more popular, such as Midna, didn't get in. I loved Eternal Darkness, too, would have been great to have someone representing that.
  #45 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-09-2008, 08:56 AM
vladith
Send a message via Skype™ to Valhelm
Steam ID: Vladith
View Posts: 8,854

Sorry I didn't take the time to read the other posts, but she could be on wolf Link's back the whole time, but in her final smash she could become that wierd spider thing.
And use the giant trident.
Let's hope for it in Super Smash Bros. Rumble!
  #46 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-09-2008, 09:27 AM
Anouki
View Posts: 42

I think they should have added Tetra and you could turn into Zelda (young)

#47 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-09-2008, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misa Misa View Post
Yeah, I agree. There are a lot of characters that are very similar, anyway, such as Fox, Falco and Wolf, I don't really think Wolf was a neccessary addition to Brawl to be honest. If characters like that are able to get in, I don't see why others that are more popular, such as Midna, didn't get in. I loved Eternal Darkness, too, would have been great to have someone representing that.
Personall I'm more opposed to Falco than Wolf. I mean, Wolf's been yanked up so he's nowhere near as awesome as he was in Lylat Wars, but at least he's actually different to Fox. What infuriates me is that all three of them have a flipping Landmaster, and that Wolf's is basically a colour swap of the other two. Like how both Links have the Triforce Slash. Laziness defined.

I'd say either Alexandra Roivas herself or Pius for Eternal Darkness. And an associated stage would probably have something to do with the Sanity Effects.

#48 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-09-2008, 06:45 PM
BACK SLASH!!!
Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainTMS
View Posts: 2,554

Quote:

This symbol belongs to Mario, Luigi, Bowser and Peach. It represents that they are from the Mario series.

This is Yoshi's symbol. It represents that he is from the Yoshi series. The Yoshi series even has it's own section in the Trophy Gallery. Yes he appeared in the Mario series first, but he's representing his own series in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

As for Pokemon Trainer, I consider him one character because he has only one section on the Smash Bros website.
Quote:
Personall I'm more opposed to Falco than Wolf. I mean, Wolf's been yanked up so he's nowhere near as awesome as he was in Lylat Wars, but at least he's actually different to Fox. What infuriates me is that all three of them have a flipping Landmaster, and that Wolf's is basically a colour swap of the other two. Like how both Links have the Triforce Slash. Laziness defined.
Fox and Wolf are absolutely nothing alike other than FS. Fox and Falco have plenty of different moves as well such as:
AAA
Utilt
Nair
Bair
Fair
Fsmash

Not to mention the properties of his moves are completely different.
  #49 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Just your friendly neighbourhood Spidey-Man!
Steam ID: barker09 Wii U ID: Amazin-Spidey
View Posts: 8,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhelm View Post
Sorry I didn't take the time to read the other posts, but she could be on wolf Link's back the whole time, but in her final smash she could become that wierd spider thing.
And use the giant trident.
Let's hope for it in Super Smash Bros. Rumble!
lmao haha

Swing by the Sport, Health, and Fitness Thread and Motivation/Inspiration Thread to keep you on progess with any goals you'd like to accomplish!
  #50 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Link is hanging from my pamp qwitch!

View Posts: 13,410

I think Midna could have been quite an interesting character to fight as.

I'm not big on fighting games, but I have had a certain opinion about SSB for a while...
When SSB first came out on the 64, it was an epic idea... The all-stars of Nintendo duking it out!

but with eack new game, they feel obligated to add new characters, until it's like "who the hell is that?" So only peopole who really know video games or don't care at all about who the characteres are will not be bothered by it (and given Brawl's success, most people must fall into that category)
I myself find myself in a pickle because on one hand, I like to see well-known and well-loved characters battling it out, on the other hand, they gotta keep it fresh.

Mainly, what I'm saying is that Midna as a playable character in Brawl would only really make sense to people who have played TP before...

of course you can just ignore me altogether since I already said I don't dig fighting games too much
  #51 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Twili
View Posts: 421

That would of been awsome! I mean, what's wrong with Midna? (That was not a serious question.)
  #52 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Mogma
View Posts: 158

Quote:

Even though i consider yoshi part of mario, in brawl he is not. because the symbol behind his name is a egg, not a mushroom, and actually, yoshi has appeared in about 6 single games, if you include yoshis island.
I agree about the sonic thing, too, or if they couldnt do that, at least put in more sonic characters
  #53 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2008, 12:53 AM
Misa~
View Posts: 416

Quote:

This symbol belongs to Mario, Luigi, Bowser and Peach. It represents that they are from the Mario series.

This is Yoshi's symbol. It represents that he is from the Yoshi series. The Yoshi series even has it's own section in the Trophy Gallery. Yes he appeared in the Mario series first, but he's representing his own series in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

As for Pokemon Trainer, I consider him one character because he has only one section on the Smash Bros website.

Fox and Wolf are absolutely nothing alike other than FS. Fox and Falco have plenty of different moves as well such as:
AAA
Utilt
Nair
Bair
Fair
Fsmash

Just because he was in his own games, doesn't mean he's automatically NOT a Mario character anymore. Just because he's got an egg doesn't mean he is not a Mario character, because of course, he is. Luigi and Peach have had their own games too, but they are still Mario characters.
  #54 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2008, 10:57 AM
BACK SLASH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misa Misa View Post
Just because he was in his own games, doesn't mean he's automatically NOT a Mario character anymore. Just because he's got an egg doesn't mean he is not a Mario character, because of course, he is. Luigi and Peach have had their own games too, but they are still Mario characters.
I know he is a Mario character, he just isn't representing the Mario series in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
  #55 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:

That doesn't make him not a Mario character anymore.

Quote:
Same rules apply to him as do to Sheik.

Quote:
AAA
Utilt
Nair
Bair
Fair
Fsmash

He's still significantly the same to be considered the same. The nature of his moves being different (no charge time, his gun being melee, etc) doesn't change the fact that he's practically a clone character. Pichu took damage from his moves, Pikachu didn't, but they were still clone characters.

#56 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2008, 11:24 AM
Dragongirl04089 Dragongirl04089 is a female United States Dragongirl04089 is offline
Spirit of Seasons
View Posts: 1,982

Absolutely yes!!! Twin blades with varing attacks in normal form. Short distance teleportation, and the fused shadows. Also lots of magic!!!

merodi_kenjin is my BF. 9-12-2008

Please click my dragons!
  #57 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2008, 12:14 PM
BACK SLASH!!!

Quote:
That doesn't make him not a Mario character anymore.
Not in Brawl
Quote:
Same rules apply to him as do to Sheik.
Sheik has a DOJO!! page.
Quote:
He's still significantly the same to be considered the same. The nature of his moves being different (no charge time, his gun being melee, etc) doesn't change the fact that he's practically a clone character. Pichu took damage from his moves, Pikachu didn't, but they were still clone characters.
Pichu and Pikachu shared the same animations in their attacks. Falco does for only about a third or so of his moves.
  #58 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2008, 12:22 PM
is not Zelda in disguise
View Posts: 3,959

Quote:
Not in Brawl

Sheik has a DOJO!! page.

Pichu and Pikachu shared the same animations in their attacks. Falco does for only about a third or so of his moves.
And so does ZSS. Zelda/Sheik and ZSS/Samus are the same persons. If anything then PT's Pokemon should be counted as individuals, after all we are talking about how many representative persons/creatures take part in the brawl.
I could even go as far to count Sheik/Zelda as 1 and PT as 4 persons/creatures.
  #59 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2008, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Not in Brawl
Yoshi started in a Mario series, exists in the Mario universe, all the enemies in Yoshi's games are from Mario games, etc, etc. The only difference is the icon. He's not there representing "Yoshi's Story" as its own series because Yoshi's Story is as much its own franchise as Luigi's Mansion is. No one would take Yoshi's Story as its own entry, save apparently you. No one sees Yoshi and says "Hey, it's one of the main characters from the Yoshi series!" they say "Hey, that's the dinosaur that Mario rides!"

Quote:
Sheik has a DOJO!! page.
You already said that. That doesn't make him any more his own character than it makes the indidual pokemon or Zero Suit Samus. They each have their own moves, but they each have ONE space on the character select screen. That's all that matters.

Quote:
They're the same moves, though. B-Up is the rocket blast, B-Side is the dash, B is a slower, stunning laser pistol, and B-Down is a shield. His A-melee combos may be slightly different but I've never noticed enough of a difference. My choice on which to play out of Fox and Falco relies entirely on my preference in lasers. Wolf feels heavier to play as, so I prefer him to both of them, and he is reasonably different, but again, they just took the basic framework for Fox and added/detracted from it, only to a greater extent. He's not an entirely original character when it comes to the way he plays. He's basically just if you want a more solid, controllable Fox.

#60 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Twili
View Posts: 421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master jedi View Post
Why not just have Midna ride on top of wolf link? Like have them as one character. The standard moves would just be wolf link attacking like normal. Midna could use her hair/hand as there grab move.
Up B:Midna teleports wolf link like in the game.
B:Midna throws a rock or something from the twilight.
Over B:Wolf link dashes and if there is a enemy in his path he jumps and does the jump move he has in the game, where he grabs on to a enemy and bites them.
Down B:Same as the move in the game with the red circle.

Final smash: midna uses the fused shadows.
You, my friend, are a GENIUS.

Tags
brawl, included, midna