Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Zora Warrior
Steam ID: nokotin
View Posts: 378
Re: What is all this crazy talk about a Loz game in first person mode?!

I would buy anything with a Zelda logo on it regardless of genre.
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-01-2008, 11:53 PM
Jedi Master
View Posts: 614

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalam View Post
If nintendo actually does this, it will be exactly like Adventure of Link. Why change the style of zelda gameplay when its already so successful? And personally, I dont mind first person swrod fighters (such as oblivion) But I dont really like them that much. I like to see my character running around and slashing the crap out of people. Like with the sword techniques in Tp, that would be so terrible in first person. I loved seeing how link would jump up and thrust his sword through the enemies gut. I loved to see how hed jump above the bad guys head and do a front flip with the sword. But all of that would be gone if zelda was made in first person...
I agree. First person is better for shooting games. Oblivion is the exception because that game is good enough I can overlook the fact its made for 1st person.
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-02-2008, 07:57 AM
Hylian Knight
View Posts: 2,574

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightForestSage View Post
Since when does Nintendo care about other people's ideas?

Oh wait, Twilight Princess. . .
People wanted a game that brought back the feel of OoT and the look of it too. Instead the two idiots worked on a game that tried to be like OoT in every way. It even went as far as trying to lack side-quests and development in towns... which I find completely ridiculous and even more so on the idiot's parts.

Zelda in first person... might be okay if the textures arent so blurry (TP).
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-02-2008, 11:13 PM
AKA z3ldafanjuli3 on Youtube , used to go by Jac06
Send a message via Yahoo to xXJulieannaXx
View Posts: 826

[QUOTE=zenox24;2275526]really, i've never played marrowind.[QUOTE]

Morrowind was before Oblivion, in the game you could swich between first and third-person view. Of course the story line was different but it reminded me of Zelda because of how it looked.
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-03-2008, 12:43 AM
Jedi Master
View Posts: 614

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac06 View Post
Morrowind was before Oblivion, in the game you could swich between first and third-person view. Of course the story line was different but it reminded me of Zelda because of how it looked.
You can switch to 3rd person in oblivion too, but the game's controls make it easier to play in 1st person.
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-03-2008, 01:33 AM
Eyegore Lynel Poe Eyegore Lynel Poe is a male United States Eyegore Lynel Poe is offline
The name critics are raven about
Send a message via Skype™ to Eyegore Lynel Poe
Wii U ID: CaughtCatch
View Posts: 1,628

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokotin View Post
I don't believe you.

If the first person thing betters Zelda I'll be happy. If it sucks then I'll know I gave it a shot. And you know what? Nintendo will realize their mistake and not do it again.
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-03-2008, 01:12 PM
Gerudo Thief
Send a message via Skype™ to zenox24
View Posts: 114

yesterday while I was thinking about loz, i was about to go and play Tp when i thought of a question that was very intreguing... What if the origional creators thought up a different story line for the new loz game. like instead of saving the same 'ol princess zelda, try helping a new person (kinda like mario galaxy and luna, inplace of peach). they already expirimented with that thought on Tp (hence minda, and the twilight realm/kingdom), i would like to think they would be killing two birds with one stone in this.

i wonder what it would be like... would any of you guys buy it then? or would you all like to stick to the traditional Loz, and wait untill they went back to the same pirncess zelda?
i personally would like to see them take in a few new charactors and monsters. i think i would like to buy it myself, if thats the case. it'd be new and exciting!
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-03-2008, 01:22 PM
Goron
View Posts: 240

In all honesty, I rather hope that Nintendo doesn't ever make a first-person Zelda game. Naturally, if they did, I'd still buy it and probably grow to love it just like all the others though.

Konami tried incorporating a first-person perspective in Silent Hill 4 and it didn't turn out so well. I'm glad they took the series back to it's roots.

It's great to try new things, but some things are better left alone I think.
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-03-2008, 04:26 PM
Goron
View Posts: 247

Quote:
yesterday while I was thinking about loz, i was about to go and play Tp when i thought of a question that was very intreguing... What if the origional creators thought up a different story line for the new loz game. like instead of saving the same 'ol princess zelda, try helping a new person (kinda like mario galaxy and luna, inplace of peach). they already expirimented with that thought on Tp (hence minda, and the twilight realm/kingdom), i would like to think they would be killing two birds with one stone in this.

i wonder what it would be like... would any of you guys buy it then? or would you all like to stick to the traditional Loz, and wait untill they went back to the same pirncess zelda?
i personally would like to see them take in a few new charactors and monsters. i think i would like to buy it myself, if thats the case. it'd be new and exciting!
I really wouldnt mind if the plot was about saving somebody other than zelda, infact I think it would be kinda cool. but I would definitley hate a 1st person zelda.
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-03-2008, 05:01 PM
-
View Posts: 8,228

Eh, I'd probably buy it, but I don't think its that good of an idea.
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-03-2008, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenox24 View Post
Yeah! I agree, I'm up for trying something new.
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Gerudo Thief

i heard the studios responsible for the creation of the (possibly) new zelda game was "retro studios". what about that?
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-03-2008, 11:00 PM
Kokiri
View Posts: 64

This would actually be pretty cool. A first person Zelda for the Wii! The wiimote would work like a sword, and the nunchuck could be the shield! You could move around the nunchuck to move the shield around, swing the wiimote to slash, walk with the joystick on the wiimote, set up buttons to work different tools which would all be operated differently. Like the bow: hold the nunchuck infront of you and the wiimote would be like the arrow. Pull the wiimote back while holding a/b and release to fire! Boomerang: pull back wiimot while holding a/b swing forward and release fo throw! Ball & Chain: Lift wiimote and nunchuck above ur head and swing in a circular motion while holding b on the wii mote and z on the nunchuck. Then release to throw! The possibilities are endless!
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-04-2008, 05:05 AM
-
View Posts: 8,228

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenox24 View Post
i heard the studios responsible for the creation of the (possibly) new zelda game was "retro studios". what about that?
I think that Retro Studios should make a Zelda game, but I don't think it should be first person.
  #35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-04-2008, 05:24 AM
Self-Banned

View Posts: 8,030

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokotin View Post
People like you are why we have Link's Crossbow Training.
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-04-2008, 11:17 AM
Gerudo Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkeTheLord3 View Post
This would actually be pretty cool. A first person Zelda for the Wii! The wiimote would work like a sword, and the nunchuck could be the shield! You could move around the nunchuck to move the shield around, swing the wiimote to slash, walk with the joystick on the wiimote, set up buttons to work different tools which would all be operated differently. Like the bow: hold the nunchuck infront of you and the wiimote would be like the arrow. Pull the wiimote back while holding a/b and release to fire! Boomerang: pull back wiimot while holding a/b swing forward and release fo throw! Ball & Chain: Lift wiimote and nunchuck above ur head and swing in a circular motion while holding b on the wii mote and z on the nunchuck. Then release to throw! The possibilities are endless!
exactly.

but these rumers have been going on since the begining of time. so why would they decide to make a fpz game (first person zelda game) now? they could just put it off all over again.
  #37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-04-2008, 12:58 PM
Goron
View Posts: 247

Quote:
But you can do all of that in third person as well. 1st person in a zelda styled game is just a cheap lazy excuse so you dont have to spend a lot of time giving animations to the protagonist. I mean I would understand a shooter game, but a dungeon and swordfight game? psh....
  #38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-04-2008, 04:16 PM
The Witch of Space
View Posts: 1,123

i tried first person mode on kingdom hearts 2 and i didnt like it,and it would be scary to be attacked by a redead if you were in first person mode.also,you wouldnt have a heads up if something was behind you
  #39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-04-2008, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccathestrange View Post
i tried first person mode on kingdom hearts 2 and i didnt like it,and it would be scary to be attacked by a redead if you were in first person mode.also,you wouldnt have a heads up if something was behind you
That would really freak me out, but they could make a magical item or something that can sence anything in the surrounding areas like in the Fatal Frame series. That way you can at least get a chance to react.
  #40 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-05-2008, 05:02 AM
Anouki
View Posts: 30

It seems too wierd to be true and in first person games you genrally have projectile werapons and that would destroy the whole game

Tags
crazy, game, loz, mode, person, talk