Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: Which of Link's hairstyles do you prefer...
The Classic/Oracles look. Massive sideburns FTW. 2 6.06%
The more realistic Ocarina of Time look. So smexy. 8 24.24%
The more subdued Wind Waker / Four Swords style. 8 24.24%
TP Link's continuing the tradition of the Hair of Time. 22 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-30-2008, 04:05 PM
Forever Faithful to the Land of Legends
View Posts: 538
Link's Hairstyles

Okay, I'm probably not the only one who's noticed Link's different hairstyles over the years. But after looking at them, it seems they're not quite as different as one might first think.

The old school Links from LoZ and ALttP had pretty much the same hair, but LoZ Link's was brown.

Long in front with ridiculously long sideburns.

With Ocarina of Time, they obviously wanted to add some more realism to Link's hair to make him ready for the 3D realm. So what we got was this:

Similar, really. Still long in front, but this time it has a nice part. And the sideburns aren't quite as ridiculous. Just the same kind of hair, but as I said, with more realism.

With the Oracle series, they clearly wanted to go back to the more classic look.

Then with The Wind Waker and Four Swords design, it seems like they wanted to adapt his classic hairstyle to a new graphical style.

This Link is definitely a smaller Link, and his hair reflects that. It's basically the classic style, but less extreme. Shorter in front and shorter sideburns for a shorter Link. And of course this is the design they stuck with until...

Everything about Twilight Princess's design and graphical style screams of This Gen Ocarina of Time. Link's design definitely reflects that. It's not exactly alike, but similar enough to notice. The part is more off center, and the sideburns are longer like the classic Links, but his hair definitely continues the tradition of the Hero of Time.

So what do you guys think? Do you have any preferences with Link's hairstyle? Have I gone completely nuts to start a thread about hair?
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-30-2008, 04:21 PM
Hatsune Miku Hatsune Miku is a male United States Hatsune Miku is offline
Time Machine
Send a message via Skype™ to Hatsune Miku
View Posts: 13,702
Re: Link's Hairstyles

Twilight Princess hair style is the one I like.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-30-2008, 04:23 PM
Water Otter Water Otter is a female United States Water Otter is offline
It was real and I never knew it
View Posts: 1,854

I agree. I love how much detail they put into the game. It even turns brown when it gets wet. It's messy to match his nature as a wolf.

Pokemon games= For everyone
Pokemon Anime=For children
Pokemon manga= For Teens
Pokemon=For me
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-30-2008, 04:34 PM
FluidConcept FluidConcept is a male United Kingdom FluidConcept is offline
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritogirl View Post
I agree. I love how much detail they put into the game. It even turns brown when it gets wet. It's messy to match his nature as a wolf.
Wow I never noticed that!

I personally like the kinda big, messy look from WW/FS/MC.

Liar, Lawyer, mirror show me, what's the difference?

Careful with that Axe, Eugene
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-30-2008, 04:41 PM
Spirit of Seasons
View Posts: 1,635

Huh? TP Link has the classic hairstyle, I don't see how he continues the Hero of Time's tradition.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-30-2008, 04:53 PM
Knight of Skyloft
View Posts: 820

TP hair is the BEST! But have you ever noticed how hard it is to draw? I mean, to get it PERFECT? I've tried a bazillion times and it's really, really, REALLY hard!
Am I insane by drawing his hair, or obsessed?

Heh, heh... Thanks...You're nice. Umm... Can I ask...a question? The right thing...what is it? I wonder...if you do the right thing...does it make...everybody...happy?
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-30-2008, 05:26 PM
I'm Caillou.
View Posts: 2,280

I voted TP because I love his hair in that game, it looks awesome. His bangs are too big in OoX. I almost chose OoT but decided not to because the bangs kinda looked weird. WW hair was ok but I didn't like that one piece of hair that kept flopping around, that would annoy me.

Thanks to the fantastic Liah for the amazing sig and avatar!!!
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-30-2008, 05:45 PM
Knightmare_63 Knightmare_63 is a female United_States Knightmare_63 is offline
Oh...so where's the cake?
View Posts: 368

Oot!!!!! The first,
Tp!!!!! The smexiest!!!!
Yesh, I love Link.

#9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-30-2008, 05:46 PM
I'm Caillou.
View Posts: 2,280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare_63 View Post
Oot!!!!! The first,
Tp!!!!! The smexiest!!!!
Yesh, I love Link.
Grr, he's mine! Back off!

Thanks to the fantastic Liah for the amazing sig and avatar!!!
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-30-2008, 05:49 PM
Admiral Awesome Admiral Awesome is a male United States Admiral Awesome is offline
Show me ya moves!
View Posts: 2,061

I like WW cause his hair looks like a lot of yellow paint.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-30-2008, 08:21 PM
Knight of Skyloft

I'm not a huge fan of WW hair or PH -- it's too... flippy and yellow. Like, in TP and OoT it's blond, but I really don't like really yellow stuff. It's too bright and distracting.

Heh, heh... Thanks...You're nice. Umm... Can I ask...a question? The right thing...what is it? I wonder...if you do the right thing...does it make...everybody...happy?
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2008, 04:41 AM
ELpaca

View Posts: 17,372

Link's hair has changed all through the years, but my favourite would be Tp's hairstyle. The sideburns look cool and long and the part on the side give Link some fashion and it does really suit him.
I used to like OoT hairstyle for quite some time, but it just looks too blonde. The artwork is really blonde, but the video game of it was rather nice.
Wind Waker's hairstyle was cool, but it wasn't one of my favourites. I liked it when he ran and the front would flop up in the wind.
The old school ones? Bleh... I'm used to seeing Link in blonde hair since I first played OoT in the series. Dark brown doesn't suit him and the hairstyle looks disgusting.

So overall, TP hairstyle is my favourite

Ich Will: "As a kid I remember grabbing cats by their tails and spinning them around like you do with Bowser in Mario 64. Then I'd throw them away. Dunno if I got that from the game though lol."
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2008, 04:54 AM
Sheikah
Send a message via Skype™ to Ralphie
View Posts: 588

TP:s and OoT:s hairstyle is both very nice, but I voted OoT

#14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-02-2008, 06:01 PM
Knight of Skyloft

here's a wierd thought, I wonder what he would be like as an albino... I've met somone that was an albino, she looked startling beautiful in a unique way. Never met a guy like that, but I can only imagine... It would be even more interesting because they would need to keep the blue eyes.

#15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-13-2013, 07:01 PM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 318

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Matt View Post
Okay, I'm probably not the only one who's noticed Link's different hairstyles over the years. But after looking at them, it seems they're not quite as different as one might first think.

The old school Links from LoZ and ALttP had pretty much the same hair, but LoZ Link's was brown.

Long in front with ridiculously long sideburns.

With Ocarina of Time, they obviously wanted to add some more realism to Link's hair to make him ready for the 3D realm. So what we got was this:

Similar, really. Still long in front, but this time it has a nice part. And the sideburns aren't quite as ridiculous. Just the same kind of hair, but as I said, with more realism.

With the Oracle series, they clearly wanted to go back to the more classic look.

Then with The Wind Waker and Four Swords design, it seems like they wanted to adapt his classic hairstyle to a new graphical style.

This Link is definitely a smaller Link, and his hair reflects that. It's basically the classic style, but less extreme. Shorter in front and shorter sideburns for a shorter Link. And of course this is the design they stuck with until...

Everything about Twilight Princess's design and graphical style screams of This Gen Ocarina of Time. Link's design definitely reflects that. It's not exactly alike, but similar enough to notice. The part is more off center, and the sideburns are longer like the classic Links, but his hair definitely continues the tradition of the Hero of Time.

So what do you guys think? Do you have any preferences with Link's hairstyle? Have I gone completely nuts to start a thread about hair?
I love Link's tidy combed hair in OoT, and the split is perfect. Is there a name for that double split?

#16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-13-2013, 08:11 PM
"Does it play Pokemon?"
Send a message via Skype™ to Uzuki Cheverie

View Posts: 10,625

Oi, this thread is from 2008. I shouldn't have to repeat the "no necroposting" rule for a thread this old.

*lock*
Closed Thread

Tags
hairstyles, link