Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: Who should be Link's main squeeze?
Zelda 238 39.93%
Ilia 63 10.57%
Midna 139 23.32%
Malon 70 11.74%
Saria 30 5.03%
Ruto 13 2.18%
Other 17 2.85%
None 26 4.36%
Voters: 596. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #681 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-26-2007, 08:12 PM
Ganonslayer2000 Ganonslayer2000 is offline
Hylian Warlord
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: On Hyrule Castle's Throne
View Posts: 3,666
Re: The Romance Thread III - Love Makes the World Go 'Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphnes View Post
I've been under the impression that you can't force someone to like anything. Are you insinuating that Ashie could kick Link's butt?
Personally I think Ashei can put up a good fight but Links sword skills would eventually completely overwhelm her like a little girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliderpilotgirl View Post
That is exactly what I meant. She's not content to sit and wait for help to arrive..she and her friends will do what they can. They will eventually need the intervention of the hero..( because face it: there are things only Link can do ) but she's not going to do nothing. She's actually remarkably like some of the Zelda's ( and Midna ) in that aspect, but Ashei comes across to me as too masculine. The way she dresses and speaks...she's intimidating. She doesn't temper it with the softness that Zelda does. But, I'll say, it's refreshing to have a female character who doesn't throw herself at the hero or flirt with him.

*Heh* at the beginning of the game, she likely could have.
I agree that Ashei is sort of a little too aggressive for Link to like. He is probably terrified of her but I think Link could make it work out. Ha JK

TP Zelda SEXAYYFOREVER!! (Disappears in puff of smoke)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugeasilver View Post
Man, if over 1/3rd of gamers are girl gamers, point em out to me so I can bang em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhelm View Post
polygamy is legal in Hyrule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaZealot View Post
No! Link will be a pedophile in the child timeline mark ZeldaZealot words!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnorv View Post
the Hero of Time was, technically, truly retarded.
  #682 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-26-2007, 08:22 PM
gliderpilotgirl gliderpilotgirl is a female United States gliderpilotgirl is offline
Sage of Wisdom
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
View Posts: 1,397
Re: The Romance Thread III - Love Makes the World Go 'Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFlag View Post
I agree. And no offense at all to Malon/Link people, but I didn't know people actually really shipped them and made points about them canonly. I thought it was kinda funny at first, then I realized these people were serious... again, no offense, but I really see no hard evidence that supports that relationship.

From what I've seen and heard, I'll agree with Midna/Link, some Ilia/Link, and of course, Zelda/Link though.
Same here. Before I visited Zelda forums, I didn't even know Malon was an believable option. The only in game reference I can find in OoT that even hints that Malon may have a thing for him is the gossip stone...and it's not even specific..it's A knight in shining armor. The one in Lake Hylia actually says " Princess Ruto likes a certain boy", it's specific and very obvious who.
But as "we are Link", that means we get to pick his girl. And that includes Malon, so everybody wins.

To SheikahSage:

I did see that Link clearly liked Ilia..but no more so than he appeared to like Midna late in the game. ( Ilia is different from Malon in that Link showed clear feelings towards Ilia, but Ilia herself has a great deal of Saria in her , who Link clearly liked. )
And we know from the end of MM that Link reappeared in the Lost Woods..but as you said.. returned Hyrule not definatively. I would bet yes though: The people all over Hyrule ( especially the older ones like Impaz ) have references to a legendary hero..and the Goron's even have his bow ( which looks like MM's Link's bow ). So I'd bet he returned. ( Not to mention the Hero's Shade haunting various locales in Hyrule, mostly by the castle. )
And in regards to the timeline stuff. In MM's Link's world, the events of OoT never happened. And that includes all the future stuff with Zelda, Malon, Ruto and everyone. So while he knows and remembers...none of them do.
__________________
Jesus is my Hero.
Last Edited by gliderpilotgirl; 06-26-2007 at 11:55 PM. Reason:
  #683 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-26-2007, 08:25 PM
Wrath of Pong Wrath of Pong is a male United States Wrath of Pong is offline
If anyone needs me I'll be in the angry dome
Send a message via Skype™ to Wrath of Pong
Steam ID: Wrath of Pong *Note: if friending me, tell me you are from ZU; otherwise I ignore random requests
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Baltimore, MD
View Posts: 4,337
Re: The Romance Thread III - Love Makes the World Go 'Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganonslayer2000 View Post
I agree that Ashei is sort of a little too aggressive for Link to like. He is probably terrified of her but I think Link could make it work out. Ha JK
Your saying that he can face down 200 ft long monters but hes afraid of a chick wearing chainmail? Ashie barely even speaks to him, what makes you think they will get married?
__________________
  #684 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-26-2007, 08:30 PM
Ganonslayer2000 Ganonslayer2000 is offline
Hylian Warlord
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: On Hyrule Castle's Throne
View Posts: 3,666
Re: The Romance Thread III - Love Makes the World Go 'Round

I personally could care less if Link gets married. He should just test the waters first whether it be Ashei, Zelda, Midna, or the fortune telling lady. Does it really matter??
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugeasilver View Post
Man, if over 1/3rd of gamers are girl gamers, point em out to me so I can bang em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhelm View Post
polygamy is legal in Hyrule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaZealot View Post
No! Link will be a pedophile in the child timeline mark ZeldaZealot words!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnorv View Post
the Hero of Time was, technically, truly retarded.
  #685 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-26-2007, 09:11 PM
Water Horse United_States Water Horse is offline
Deku Scrub
Send a message via AIM to Water Horse
Join Date: May 2007
Location: nevada
View Posts: 7
Re: The Romance Thread III - Love Makes the World Go 'Round

i dont think it really does get married even though zelda WOULDbe great for him
__________________
water horse Http://i20.photo bucket.com/albums/lady_knives/Avi9620art/Waterhorse.gif[/IMG
  #686 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-29-2007, 02:08 AM
EntwinedIvy EntwinedIvy is offline
Deku Scrub
Join Date: Jun 2007
View Posts: 1
Re: The Romance Thread III - Love Makes the World Go 'Round

I think Zelda because after playing the few games I have played, watching the cartoon series, and reading some of the Mangas, its kinda obvious that link has a thing for zelda and she's got something for him too. Its hard to tell in the games because you have to go into sceneries since link almost never talks, but in the manga of oot before zelda sends link back to his original time, link says, "I didn't just fight for hyrule---I fought for--" while they both have painful expressions on their faces of having to leave each other, and at the end, link "hears" some one say "I love you". In the cartoon, there's obvious chemistry because there's one episode where link's body is taken away and his spirit is left behind. his spirit can only be seen by the one who loves him, and zelda is able to see him.

Although link is a pimp in general . He happens to have every girl falling for him.
  #687 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-30-2007, 04:52 PM
TubaMan United_States TubaMan is offline
Gerudo Thief
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: I forgot
View Posts: 108
Re: The Romance Thread III - Love Makes the World Go 'Round

not zelda because remember when midna was in danger he took her al the way to Zelda so she could get better and ***only midna***was against Zelda giving up her life force to keep midna alive

(Link was like Whoop Whoop no more annoying princess to save for many more countless times to come. and did he react when zelda was possessed by ganon **NOPE!** he goes and whoops ganon in zeldas body!!!
  #688 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-01-2007, 12:51 AM
Ganonslayer2000 Ganonslayer2000 is offline
Hylian Warlord
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: On Hyrule Castle's Throne
View Posts: 3,666
Re: The Romance Thread III - Love Makes the World Go 'Round

He only kicked Zeldas rear in TP out of love. Can't you see that??
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugeasilver View Post
Man, if over 1/3rd of gamers are girl gamers, point em out to me so I can bang em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhelm View Post
polygamy is legal in Hyrule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaZealot View Post
No! Link will be a pedophile in the child timeline mark ZeldaZealot words!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnorv View Post
the Hero of Time was, technically, truly retarded.
  #689 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Love_of_Zelda Love_of_Zelda is a female United States Love_of_Zelda is offline
The Words of the Prophet are Written on the Tenement Halls
Send a message via Skype™ to Love_of_Zelda
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Texas
View Posts: 740
Re: The Romance Thread III - Love Makes the World Go 'Round

I know people will holler, but I believe that TP had more of a Midna/Link connection than a Zelda/Link connection. Usually, I'm a Zelda/Link shipper, but this game just gave off an aura of Midna/Link. There are several instances in the game where Midna touches Link's shoulder or his face in a (more or less) tender manner, and the way she speaks to Link after Zelda's death is considerably softened from before.

But one must consider: since Zelda died and sent her spirit into Midna, wouldn't that mean that Link in essence loved Zelda AND Midna? Zelda said to Midna, "Our hearts, however briefly, were one." Can a two hearts that are "joined" like Zelda and Midna's love Link at the same time, or could only Midna's heart love Link? (I'm not sure if that last question made sense, really.)

I believe that a tenderness for Zelda from Link would have been very possible. This only becomes apparent at the end. That scene where Link and Zelda stand on a shallow, light-colored ocean had a rather "maybe love later" feel to it for me.

Anyone's guess, really. But I've not heard anyone bring up a Shad/Link connection....jk!
__________________


"Young love grows into deep affection..." | Love_of_Zelda's Fanfiction
  #690 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-01-2007, 05:46 PM
TubaMan United_States TubaMan is offline
Gerudo Thief
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: I forgot
View Posts: 108
Re: The Romance Thread III - Love Makes the World Go 'Round

But Midna cried at the end doesnt that show major affection for link and since the mirror is brocken link was then upset you saw thier expressions they were made for eachother or were they...like love of zelda said on the beach isnt that uasully the sign of love or was it just so zelda could comfort link in midna's absence
  #691 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-01-2007, 07:06 PM
Ganonslayer2000 Ganonslayer2000 is offline
Hylian Warlord
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: On Hyrule Castle's Throne
View Posts: 3,666
Re: The Romance Thread III - Love Makes the World Go 'Round

I agree in TP that MidnaxLink had a connection with each other. Whether it was a romantic connection who knows. But if there was, I'm sure Link did not feel any romantic connection until maybe the end, but too bad the mirror broke. Oh well..I guess Link will have to settle for Zelda. Not a bad consolation prize I guess.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugeasilver View Post
Man, if over 1/3rd of gamers are girl gamers, point em out to me so I can bang em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhelm View Post
polygamy is legal in Hyrule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaZealot View Post
No! Link will be a pedophile in the child timeline mark ZeldaZealot words!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnorv View Post
the Hero of Time was, technically, truly retarded.
  #692 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-01-2007, 10:34 PM
WhiteFlag WhiteFlag is offline
Anouki
Join Date: Jun 2007
View Posts: 51
Re: The Romance Thread III - Love Makes the World Go 'Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyman101 View Post
not zelda because remember when midna was in danger he took her al the way to Zelda so she could get better and ***only midna***was against Zelda giving up her life force to keep midna alive

(Link was like Whoop Whoop no more annoying princess to save for many more countless times to come. and did he react when zelda was possessed by ganon **NOPE!** he goes and whoops ganon in zeldas body!!!
*gasp*

Let's see...

Well, first of all, Link barely knows Zelda, and couldn't even talk at the moment, so I don't see a reason why he would've stopped her. I doubt he even fully understood what was taking place. Plus, the scene was obviously more focused on Zelda and Midna than him.

lol, Link was NOT whoop whoop when Zelda vanished. Notice his attitude towards her when they first meet. He goes all "grrrr" (a figure in a black robe probably seemed suspicious to him), which amuses Midna (since Zelda doesn't sit well with her near the beginning of the game). Then, she turns around and he's all quiet, *staaaare* and puppyish. And, hey, the series IS called 'The Legend of Zelda'. The original basis of the series is to rescue her, so don't be hatin.

And, Link did in fact react when he saw Zelda hanging in the middle of the triforce. He did his little "Link gasp", then was about to run to her, when Midna stopped him.

Lastly, he had no choice but to fight Ganon in Zelda's body. I highly doubt he wanted to beat up the kind yeti on Snowpeak, but he had to get the job done. It was either, not hurt pretty princess with glowing white eyes and evil aura and let the world submit to darkness, or do what he had to do.

I do feel the game was more directed towards Midna/Link though. Midna did have a few tender moments with him, so it was more Midna to Link. I really didn't see any reciprocation of that until the end of the game when she was about to leave.

I thought I did see something there between Link and Zelda in that one scene with water and the recieving of the light arrows - most especially when he reached out to her. It was an 'aw' moment for me, though I'm not entirely sure what that "something" I saw was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyman101 View Post
But Midna cried at the end doesnt that show major affection for link and since the mirror is brocken link was then upset you saw thier expressions they were made for eachother or were they...like love of zelda said on the beach isnt that uasully the sign of love or was it just so zelda could comfort link in midna's absence
Well, they spent a lot of time, and went through a lot together. Of course the thought of never being able to see Midna again would upset Link. I wouldn't necessarily say that this meant that "they were made for each other". The feelings were there, but she left before anything could really start.

As for the scene with Link and Zelda in the water, I don't necessarily think it was a sign of love either. As I said before, I think there was a little something there - and comforting Link at the time was most likely not a priority... and I don't know how anything in that scene could've really led to that thought.
__________________
  #693 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-01-2007, 11:27 PM
MrSparkle MrSparkle is a male United States MrSparkle is offline
Goron
Send a message via AIM to MrSparkle
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New York
View Posts: 282
Question What about Ilia?

What about the Link and Ilia pairing? No one has even mentioned them for a while. For the others (Zelda, Midna, et cetera) one has to interpret a scene in a certain way to find evidence for the pairing. Often shippers of the other pairing are able to interpret it as nothing in the romantic sence. From what I understand there are clear and obvious hints to both Ilia and Link's feelings about one another.

Others also includes Hena (fishing pond lady) and Ashei (warrior lady in white fur).

On a mostly unrelated side note:
WhiteFlag, you seem to have some good ideas for this thread. I would like to hear more thoughts of yours in the future. Many of the posts in this thread are just a few lines of what someone thinks and why. Every now and then good debates are started up and I am sure you could come up with some great arguments. Lastly, welcome to ZU.
__________________
Working on beating WW in 6:42 (all at once!). Current best time is 6:49.
  #694 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-02-2007, 12:51 AM
gliderpilotgirl gliderpilotgirl is a female United States gliderpilotgirl is offline
Sage of Wisdom
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
View Posts: 1,397
Re: The Romance Thread III - Love Makes the World Go 'Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkTetra View Post
What about the Link and Ilia pairing? No one has even mentioned them for a while. For the others (Zelda, Midna, et cetera) one has to interpret a scene in a certain way to find evidence for the pairing. Often shippers of the other pairing are able to interpret it as nothing in the romantic sence. From what I understand there are clear and obvious hints to both Ilia and Link's feelings about one another.

Others also includes Hena (fishing pond lady) and Ashei (warrior lady in white fur).

On a mostly unrelated side note:
WhiteFlag, you seem to have some good ideas for this thread. I would like to hear more thoughts of yours in the future. Many of the posts in this thread are just a few lines of what someone thinks and why. Every now and then good debates are started up and I am sure you could come up with some great arguments. Lastly, welcome to ZU.
What's to say about the Link/Ilia pairing? It was clear as day that they both liked each other, the question is what will happen to it now that Link is changed. Before his adventure I could easily see him settling down happily with her and never leaving Ordon..but his world is so much bigger now , and so is Link himself. He may love her...but Midna definately threw a wrench into that, or at least made him question who he loved, and he wouldn't likely be happy in small Ordon after his adventure.

Interpreting eh? I think you are wrong about that generalization about other shippers not being able to interpret objectively. Some just may choose not to.
I still go with my first instinct when I see these scenes for the first time...When I first saw OoT and MM, I was blown away by the emotional wallop from first Saria/Link then Zelda/Link. I didn't have to think about it, it came through perfectly clearly.
In TP it was Ilia ( though I don't like her at all ) then Midna at the end. His looks and body language said it all. As much as I would like it to be Zelda...I saw so little there, and the hands scene was emotional..but it felt more nostalgic than romantic. A reminder/acknowledgement of Link/Zelda's of old...not this set.

WhiteFlag: "And, hey, the series IS called 'The Legend of Zelda'. The original basis of the series is to rescue her, so don't be hatin."

Nicely said.
__________________
Jesus is my Hero.
  #695 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-03-2007, 12:57 AM
MrSparkle MrSparkle is a male United States MrSparkle is offline
Goron
Send a message via AIM to MrSparkle
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New York
View Posts: 282
Re: The Romance Thread III - Love Makes the World Go 'Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliderpilotgirl View Post
What's to say about the Link/Ilia pairing? It was clear as day that they both liked each other, the question is what will happen to it now that Link is changed. Before his adventure I could easily see him settling down happily with her and never leaving Ordon..but his world is so much bigger now , and so is Link himself. He may love her...but Midna definately threw a wrench into that, or at least made him question who he loved, and he wouldn't likely be happy in small Ordon after his adventure.

Interpreting eh? I think you are wrong about that generalization about other shippers not being able to interpret objectively. Some just may choose not to.
I still go with my first instinct when I see these scenes for the first time...When I first saw OoT and MM, I was blown away by the emotional wallop from first Saria/Link then Zelda/Link. I didn't have to think about it, it came through perfectly clearly.
In TP it was Ilia ( though I don't like her at all ) then Midna at the end. His looks and body language said it all. As much as I would like it to be Zelda...I saw so little there, and the hands scene was emotional..but it felt more nostalgic than romantic. A reminder/acknowledgement of Link/Zelda's of old...not this set.

WhiteFlag: "And, hey, the series IS called 'The Legend of Zelda'. The original basis of the series is to rescue her, so don't be hatin."

Nicely said.
I think just how much Link would have changed is debatable. My information in what is about to follow could be quite wrong. I will for this example compare Link to a modern day Omish teenager. Ordon can be thought of as an Omish village and the rest of Hyrule can be seen as the rest of the USA. At I believe 16 (or was it 18) years of age is sent out into the modern world for what I believe to be a week. This is so the teen can see how the rest of the world is and decide if they would want to continue their simple life back home or move on to bigger things in life. 9 / 10 choose to return to what they grew up around.

I honestly think Link would act the same way. The situations are fairly similar thus the outcome would be about the same as well.

Does anyone agree / disagree?

I think some shippers are able to interpret situations as having different meanings that could be negative to thier opinions. I think many can see both sides of a debate (Malon or Zelda for instance) but simply decide not to. I think few actually try and see something for what it is and not insert their will on the information. My last sentance may not make a lot of sense (I am having trouble expressing this thought clearly).

I think I now understand a large part of how different people have different thoughts at this thread. I tend to only use factual information like text, gestures, and implied meanings of scenes. I guess similar to a mathmatition or lawer. Gliderpilotgirl appears to rely more on what emotions she felt during scenes as her way of interpreting. I think similar to that of a poet or author. This last paragraph is just something that came to mind as I made this post...

I am sure there are some spelling mistakes in all of this. I can not get iespell on this computer and I am too lazy and / or tired right now to care about the mistakes.This post is a lot longer than I thought it would be. Perhaps I should have saved the last part for another time...
__________________
Working on beating WW in 6:42 (all at once!). Current best time is 6:49.
  #696 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-03-2007, 01:44 AM
Link20045 Link20045 is a male United States Link20045 is offline
The One Free Man
Send a message via AIM to Link20045
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: An attic in Russia.
View Posts: 83
Re: The Romance Thread III - Love Makes the World Go 'Round

Mayhap, my friends, Mayhap. However, I am about to agree with the other 20 people who say...

Single!

Think for a minute, my friends. Link is a busy man, and a serious character. He is so darn stern he hasn't spoken a word all his life! Yes, the idea of a 'reward' for the valiant knight is in order, but Link just isn't the type who would accept that gift!

Think for a second to other sources...

Ninja Gaiden! A hit game for the Xbox about a ninja named Ryu. Even though Rachel had some obvious thing for him, he just never reciprocated! He is a serious guy who has no time for the ladies!

Okay? No? Okay, Take Sonic the Hedgehog! Yes, Amy's being a bit annoying helps my point, but even so! Amy will chase Sonic as long as her feet are attached to her legs, but that's not good enough for the blue blur. Sonic must consider his freedom fighting more important than the crazy pink crusher!

Another? Okay, what about...
Inuyasha, perhaps? The demon has no time for this hot schoolgirl who's fallen for him!


Same with Link. Link has never shown an adequite amount of interest or reciprocation. To ANY of the girls. His job is too important to him! Even if teh knight in shining armor sweeps them all up off their feet, who's the one to decide whether work leaves Link too plum beat? The job of heroing is too much to handle on it's own, considering the added weight of Ganon's stubborness, or Navi's nagging.

In closing, Link's personality and role in the games have given him an impartialism to romance with ANY of his options. Some of you may disagree, but my proof is entirely solid. And who's to say that Link doesn't have it made? He's got a bunch of girls who adore him, and he is cool enough to refuse them!

Link: Yeah, Zelda's more trouble than she's worth. Just trust me...

(( Looks like my post cleared the room. It either sucked so bad that they all died, or it was so good they all shut up. ))
__________________
"The only person I know how to be is me. Whoever that is." -Bob Dylan
Last Edited by Janus; 07-03-2007 at 09:43 AM. Reason:
  #697 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-03-2007, 02:12 AM
MrSparkle MrSparkle is a male United States MrSparkle is offline
Goron
Send a message via AIM to MrSparkle
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New York
View Posts: 282
About time I went to sleep...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link20045 View Post
(( Looks like my post cleared the room. It either sucked so bad that they all died, or it was so good they all shut up. ))
It is 3 AM in my time zone (Atlantic Seaborn if I remember the name correctly)...

Perhaps people are sleeping or doing something else at the moment.
I do not want to stray of topic so I will leave it at that.
__________________
Working on beating WW in 6:42 (all at once!). Current best time is 6:49.
  #698 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-03-2007, 02:20 AM
Link20045 Link20045 is a male United States Link20045 is offline
The One Free Man
Send a message via AIM to Link20045
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: An attic in Russia.
View Posts: 83
Re: The Romance Thread III - Love Makes the World Go 'Round

(( Very well. I should stop speaking Out of Topic too! ))
__________________
"The only person I know how to be is me. Whoever that is." -Bob Dylan
  #699 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-03-2007, 03:12 AM
WhiteFlag WhiteFlag is offline
Anouki
Join Date: Jun 2007
View Posts: 51
Re: The Romance Thread III - Love Makes the World Go 'Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkTetra View Post
I think just how much Link would have changed is debatable. My information in what is about to follow could be quite wrong. I will for this example compare Link to a modern day Omish teenager. Ordon can be thought of as an Omish village and the rest of Hyrule can be seen as the rest of the USA. At I believe 16 (or was it 18) years of age is sent out into the modern world for what I believe to be a week. This is so the teen can see how the rest of the world is and decide if they would want to continue their simple life back home or move on to bigger things in life. 9 / 10 choose to return to what they grew up around.

I honestly think Link would act the same way. The situations are fairly similar thus the outcome would be about the same as well.

Does anyone agree / disagree?

I think some shippers are able to interpret situations as having different meanings that could be negative to thier opinions. I think many can see both sides of a debate (Malon or Zelda for instance) but simply decide not to. I think few actually try and see something for what it is and not insert their will on the information. My last sentance may not make a lot of sense (I am having trouble expressing this thought clearly).

I think I now understand a large part of how different people have different thoughts at this thread. I tend to only use factual information like text, gestures, and implied meanings of scenes. I guess similar to a mathmatition or lawer. Gliderpilotgirl appears to rely more on what emotions she felt during scenes as her way of interpreting. I think similar to that of a poet or author. This last paragraph is just something that came to mind as I made this post...

I am sure there are some spelling mistakes in all of this. I can not get iespell on this computer and I am too lazy and / or tired right now to care about the mistakes.This post is a lot longer than I thought it would be. Perhaps I should have saved the last part for another time...
I wouldn't exactly compare Link's situation to that of an Omish teen's. Ordon seemed more "countryside" to me than a far off Omish community closed off from the rest of the world.

Taking into consideration all that he's been through - fighting hordes of beasts and giant monsters, seeing a whole new world so much livlier and filled with adventure than that of little ole Ordon, and overcoming evil that was to be the end of the world - I really do think Link would decide to switch from the laid back quiet life he once had. Going back to Ordon for a while could make him restless and miss the life of adventure he had.

Off topic: Thanks for the warm welcome by the way.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Link20045 View Post
Mayhap, my friends, Mayhap. However, I am about to agree with the other 20 people who say...

Single!

Think for a minute, my friends. Link is a busy man, and a serious character. He is so darn stern he hasn't spoken a word all his life! Yes, the idea of a 'reward' for the valiant knight is in order, but Link just isn't the type who would accept that gift!

Think for a second to other sources...

Ninja Gaiden! A hit game for the Xbox about a ninja named Ryu. Even though Rachel had some obvious thing for him, he just never reciprocated! He is a serious guy who has no time for the ladies!

Okay? No? Okay, Take Sonic the Hedgehog! Yes, Amy's being a bit annoying helps my point, but even so! Amy will chase Sonic as long as her feet are attached to her legs, but that's not good enough for the blue blur. Sonic must consider his freedom fighting more important than the crazy pink crusher!

Another? Okay, what about...
Inuyasha, perhaps? The demon has no time for this hot schoolgirl who's fallen for him!


Same with Link. Link has never shown an adequite amount of interest or reciprocation. To ANY of the girls. His job is too important to him! Even if teh knight in shining armor sweeps them all up off their feet, who's the one to decide whether work leaves Link too plum beat? The job of heroing is too much to handle on it's own, considering the added weight of Ganon's stubborness, or Navi's nagging.

In closing, Link's personality and role in the games have given him an impartialism to romance with ANY of his options. Some of you may disagree, but my proof is entirely solid. And who's to say that Link doesn't have it made? He's got a bunch of girls who adore him, and he is cool enough to refuse them!

Link: Yeah, Zelda's more trouble than she's worth. Just trust me...
Aw man. Another Zelda booer. *shields Zelda*

Anyways, single would be the way to go while on an adventure. Link's busy then. But, what happens after that? Okay, he saves Hyrule from ultimate evil all the time, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't just die and become reincarnated in the next game afterwards. So, his schedule must be open from then on.

And, having an intimate relationship with someone afterwards would be good for him. I think he deserves that kind of companionship with someone... otherwise, what else is his life about? Nothing but killing monsters and running errands for people and blah blah blah... once the evil's gone, he's gotta have a life afterwards, right? So that leaves the possibility of a romantic relationship with someone open.

And Inuyasha - Kagome is always with him, and there are a few episodes involving the romance in his life in the series. So, yes, he does have time for the "hot school girl", because they spend nearly all their time together in looking for those damn jewel shards, and they happen to bond all the while (hence why Kagome falls for him).
__________________
  #700 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-03-2007, 04:10 AM
Abyss Master Abyss Master is a male Norway Abyss Master is offline
CONSTANT VIGILANCE
Send a message via AIM to Abyss Master Send a message via Skype™ to Abyss Master
Steam ID: AbyssMaster91 Wii U ID: TomOlav
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hell if I know
View Posts: 4,878
Re: The Romance Thread III - Love Makes the World Go 'Round

I do think that this depends on which game we are talking about, here. In OoT, I saw a clear connection between Link and Zelda, (and a little between Saria and Link, but that was merely a friendly connection). Link and Malon seems like a wish to me. We don't see much of her in the game, and certainly no interest from Link (although we barely see anything of emotion from Link...). My strongest argument for that part is in the end, where Link and Zelda speaks in that heaven-like realm, and that he then returns to her after returning the Master Sword to the Pedestal of Time. How she trusts him, giving him the Ocarina of Time afterwards (Majora's Mask), I believe that the chance of them being a pair is higher than he and Saria/Malon coming together...

Twilight Princess is harder. We see connection two places; Midna and Ilia. Link is at first annoyed over Midna and her attitude, and Ilia seems like a clear shot. And it seems certain that she holds an interest for him. But then Midna and Link get to know each other. And in the end, it seems that it now is THEY who should be together. But I think that the cutscene where Ilia's memory is recovered blows all doubt away from my mind; Ilia and Link is more likely to get together. I don't think that Link is the guy who puts away everything he 'once' loved and cared for because he wants to go out and travel. I think that he actually do want to return to Ordon, and that sometime he will, too. Link never appeared to me as a person that would throw aside everything, just because he had went through a great adventure that included saving Hyrule.

As for Link and Zelda in TP... I think that them getting together after everything that happened would be unlikely. They barely looked at each other during the game, and for them to suddenly fall in love after the defeat of Ganondorf just seems to be something that won't happen...
Closed Thread

Tags
iii, love, makes, romance, round, thread, world


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 AM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -