Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-04-2007, 04:20 PM
Kokiri
View Posts: 77
Re: Scariest things in Zelda history

TP's redead are very freaky, the birds in the palace of twilight are freaky, cos they make that wierd noise, the Zant hand was kinda scary, the ghosts in hyrule castle were a bit scary, the poes in arbitar's grounds were well freaky, dead hand from OoT was immensly creepy, in the well when Navi says somthing like the spirits are talking to me creeped me out a bit and i found this particularly creepy - when you walk near one of the twili in the palace of twilight and they let out a wierd scream. Ugh! *shudders*
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-04-2007, 04:28 PM
We ride towards the fight!

View Posts: 2,508

Oh yeah. That sealed sword monster in Abritar's (SP) Grounds was weird.
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-04-2007, 04:37 PM
Fab Emblem
View Posts: 12,260

A week or two ago I was scared by those dead Hylian soldiers (the ghosts) in the Hyrule Castle graveyard. I happened to be in a position that made the dead soldier's face show up perfectly right all over the screen, and it pretty much scared me at first.

It was so sudden, you can only see the ghosts with your wolf sense, so turning it on and seeing a zombie face all over the screen all of a sudden was a justified "whoa!" on my part...
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Sage of Wisdom
Send a message via Skype™ to ERROR372
View Posts: 1,499

My scariest moment was in Hyrule Castle, I was in the room where the blocks can fall. I fell so many times, so I looked around the room, then turned the sense view on, and the soldiers with their creepy faces appeared right in the screen. I was like "Oh ****!"
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-04-2007, 06:08 PM
The folly of man
Send a message via AIM to Fire Bird Send a message via Skype™ to Fire Bird
View Posts: 9,389

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoLy_LiNK View Post
*I' so pretty* *sooo pretty* *SOOOOO PRETTY* * NO DON'T TAKE MIRROR*
Now at tht point her head starts to spin and she looks like she is having a some sort of fit, then her head stops and it turns out its not her face anymore it's this wierd monster.
I totally knew that was going to happen. When she walks over to it the first time I started screaming at Link,

"Don't let her!"

I was in Hyrule Castle and did not know what I was doing. I was in some kind of hall with a locked door at the end and couldn't get it open. So I turned into a wolf and used sence to see if that would help. Standing right in front of me was a whole mob of zombie ghosts. I almost pooped my pants. Apperently they could see me because every time I walked in front of them they reached out to me but did nothing.

Those hand things in the Twilight Palace that try to take the ball back from you, the noise they made scared me.

The Re-deads in OoT shall forever be my fear.
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-04-2007, 06:13 PM
but i'd like to think it's actually just bears

View Posts: 8,046

I've said this in few other threads before, and it's still the same, lol.
when your in the Palace of Twilight, and you have to transport the Sol, and the giant hand comes after you. O__O"

I dunno why that scared me so bad. o_O It just did.

Oh, and another thing is the first time I saw re-deads in OoT. Holy crap-o, they scared me. Wait, they still do! lol

Oh, and the spirit guides in the Hyrule Castle graveyard in TP scared me at first. I thought they were transparent re-deads or something, and I thought they were going to attack, LOL.

Wow, Imma `fraid of a lot of stuff. Heh. Well they don't really scare me, but they freak me out when I first see them. Yeah, that's it. ^^

Karma made the avy. | svbtle | tumblr | don't touch me
TEAM S&S
[6/18/14, 6:26:23 PM] Looperman Shetland: talking at brunch
[6/18/14, 6:26:53 PM] Looperman Shetland: this is so good, i combine my love of people with my love of food and that sounds dangerously close to cannibalism but i swear it isn't

#27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-04-2007, 06:13 PM
Fab Emblem
View Posts: 12,260

Didn't anyone find Ikana Valley scary? Everything about it just reeks of tragic undeath; the fact that its kingdom fell, that its former citizens refuse to die, that a little girl lives right next to it all (especially with her father cursed like that) and the music that plays around there.

The part with the Redeads that claim they used to be entertainers (or something like that) added to this overall feeling.
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-04-2007, 07:53 PM
American Psycho.
View Posts: 2,447

oh man ikana valley seeing the gibdos for the first time i was all to my cuz "HERE YOU PLAY I GOTTA GO TAKE AN HOUR LONG P***" 20 minutes later i come back and hes in the gibdo mans house hes all i killed them then he jumps out of the closet im all holy crap i left the room for an hour lol
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,290

Probably the Wall Masters from OoT. Something about them was just... freaky. Coming down from the cieling unsuspected, grabbing you by the throat, etc..
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-05-2007, 08:46 PM
Kokiri
View Posts: 93

Midna's scary smile, I was surprised by how wide she could make her nasty grin go. Also the part just before fighting Gohma in OoT, also kinda scary (at the time).
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-06-2007, 03:44 AM
.Axes Of Evil.
View Posts: 871

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceofHyrule View Post
Midna's scary smile, I was surprised by how wide she could make her nasty grin go. Also the part just before fighting Gohma in OoT, also kinda scary (at the time).
Her teeth and her Mouth and everything about that scene, Ill always remeber when that part came on it was 1:30am in my house and twas very dark, Then her scary face came up and made me jump out of my skin!!

"Do not think this ends here...the history of light and shadow will be written in blood!"

[CENTER]
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-06-2007, 05:49 AM
Anouki
View Posts: 44

Those white baby spiders in the temple of time. Horrifying, absolutely horrifying.

Especially 'cause my house has somewhat of a yellow sac spider infestation, and they look very similar to them.

Quote:
I actually wanted to say "aww" everytime I saw her big grins. She's adorable.
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-06-2007, 10:26 AM
Hylian
View Posts: 657

For me, two things that are scary in different ways.

In the Palace of Twilight where you have to take that Sol from the protector (the hand), and then it starts following you. Oh, the horror. I was so paranoid I had to quit playing when I finally did it, because I had to take a break. I was shaking so much.

And then you have the Shadow Temple in OoT. Holy fark. Everything is just scary. The voices that tell you about the bloody history of the Royal Family, all the hidden enemies, wallmasters, the moaning from the redeads, those guillotines, big scythes that rotate and the bloody torture chambers. The ambience can almost be felt, and the music is so goddamn creepy with all those screams and unpredictable noises. I hate this temple so much that I love it.
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-06-2007, 02:53 PM
but i'd like to think it's actually just bears

View Posts: 8,046

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Crowley View Post

In the Palace of Twilight where you have to take that Sol from the protector (the hand), and then it starts following you. Oh, the horror. I was so paranoid I had to quit playing when I finally did it, because I had to take a break. I was shaking so much.
Me, toooo, holy crap. That's what I put. I started, like, having a panic attack `cuz I was so freaked out. Man...

Karma made the avy. | svbtle | tumblr | don't touch me
TEAM S&S
[6/18/14, 6:26:23 PM] Looperman Shetland: talking at brunch
[6/18/14, 6:26:53 PM] Looperman Shetland: this is so good, i combine my love of people with my love of food and that sounds dangerously close to cannibalism but i swear it isn't

#35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-06-2007, 03:14 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 28

1: the half man half gibdo bursting out of the closet in the Ikana Valley
2: when his dughter bursts in when you try to kill him
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-06-2007, 03:31 PM
We ride towards the fight!

View Posts: 2,508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Crowley View Post

Those hands creeped me out and I was like . Those are as creepy as the Ceiling Masters (or whatever).
  #37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-06-2007, 04:25 PM
Windseeker
View Posts: 97

In Majora's Mask, looking up at the moon from the clocktower steps with 10 seconds to go and trying to time it so you have the least possible amount of time left before you go in...my record is just under 1 second. Freaks me out and gets my heart pumping every time! (it's also always best if you have the volume ALL the way up!)
  #38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-07-2007, 12:52 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoLy_LiNK View Post
The scariest thing in Zelda history I think has to be in Tp when you are just about to fight the boss of snowpeak. The yeti woman walks you to the boss door then you and her go inside you see the mirror shard which you have to collect she goes first and looks at it then shes says
*I' so pretty* *sooo pretty* *SOOOOO PRETTY* * NO DON'T TAKE MIRROR*
Now at tht point her head starts to spin and she looks like she is having a some sort of fit, then her head stops and it turns out its not her face anymore it's this wierd monster.
Yeah that part really scared me I was afraid to fight the boss. it was so creepy. also what zant looks like without the mask on now thats creepy.

But for me the scariest thing was is in majoras mask when you go into the music box house and you go downstairs and then that mummy dude pops out and start moaning. that creeped me out. i was only 7 then so it was uber creepy.
  #39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-07-2007, 03:32 PM
x_o ...don't run with scizssors.
View Posts: 1,210

Zant's floating head things. Creepy, and otherworldy. One was bad enough, but when i saw others, it was almost too much.

This is the second time I have used the spoiler things!

Quote: "Hoover dam! We're still in New York!!" - Skipper

Zelda Manga.
  #40 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-07-2007, 03:35 PM
x_o ...don't run with scizssors.
View Posts: 1,210

Quote:
Midna's smile was just too big for her face.

but that could have been part of the curse put on her by Zant

This is the third time I have used the spoiler thingies!

Quote: "Hoover dam! We're still in New York!!" - Skipper

Zelda Manga.
Last Edited by HonorableDarkness; 02-07-2007 at 03:36 PM. Reason: stupid spoiler thingies.
Closed Thread

Tags
history, scariest, things, zelda