Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#81 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-24-2006, 02:21 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 43
Re: Female link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
I've said this a few times before, never intending to be sexist of course, but if Link just became a female, The whole Zelda series would be wiped clean from the face of the Earth. But if Link temporarily becomes a girl, that wouldn't be as bad.

Besides, it's too late for a big change like this. Metroid became popuar because Samus started out as a girl, and she always will be one. In other words, turning Link into a girl is the equilivent to turning Samus into a boy.

Samus is a girl?
  #82 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-28-2006, 03:43 AM
Skyloftian
View Posts: 693

Quote:
Samus is a girl?
have you ever plaid super metriod? if not you should and then try to die, you will see that samus is a girl because the suit breaks and inside is a person with long hair and big breasts. so unless it is some kind of hormone confused head-banger I'm pretty sure samus is a girl.

Lost_Souls says: Games between 100% LoZ, AoL, aLttP, OoT, MM, OoA, tWW, TP. Games beaten LA, OoS, tMC running through the stories of FS/FSA to find evdince.

Lost_souls says: that's right I'm back!
  #83 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-28-2006, 05:38 PM
Secular Archangel
Send a message via AIM to Xel
View Posts: 103

Link is Link. While a female version of him would be interesting to see (to preserve the balance between him and Zelda, Zelda would preferably be made male then as well; just for that balance, mind you, and not for the sake of upholding any heteronormative crap for its own sake), the change would just seem kind of arbitrary to me. I do agree with people who say it'd be neat to see Zelda take charge and do the rescuing for once, though. Just as Link is courage embodied but displays wisdom time and time again in getting through his quests, Zelda-- while personifying wisdom first-- is a very courageous person. Which is why it actually saddens me a little that it's so expected that she be kidnapped time and time again. It's also beginning to feel arbitrary to me, like she finds herself in trouble only because she's the girl, and it's romantic if Link has to save her.

I have to say, though, that this flippant response from people I've seen of "Link is the Hero of Time, not the Heroine of Time" makes me want to beat my head against the wall. Not only does it make it patently obvious to me that the word "heroine" is, by virtue of its feminine qualifier, made inferior to the more general "hero," it's insulting to think that a woman in a heroic position MUST be referred to as a "heroine." You all have your opinions about that, but in my view there's really nothing about that that doesn't smack of a really deep-rooted and innate sexism. D:

BA Characters:
[ Rayani ]
  #84 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-28-2006, 10:26 PM
the better end of all to come
Send a message via AIM to breegull
View Posts: 94

.___. upon first seeing the promo art for Ocarina of Time (I hadn't gotten a chance to read about it or anything yet) I thought they had made Link a woman.

>_>
  #85 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-28-2006, 11:47 PM
Kokiri
View Posts: 70

It wouldn't be a bad idea . . . if it was an entirely differnt game. See, if Nintendo made a female 'Link like' character, and threw her into a different game, I would have no problem with playing as a female. But as far as Legend of Zelda games go... Let's just stick with Link, eh?
  #86 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-28-2006, 11:49 PM
Stupid People Shouldn't Breed
Send a message via AIM to Nem Hawke Send a message via Yahoo to Nem Hawke
View Posts: 419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minion of Talazar View Post
as long as they dont make Link look like a complete slut, It could work.
I completely agree, I mean all fangirls of Link already think he's 'hot' so if there were to be a female Link I think that most people would rather have a nice looking hero instead of a half naked blonde...

-Nem

Friends: Koga Lord_Bob Rikid CheifOfTheAces *KamiKaze Youkai* Lafiel KnowItAllSister Schapp TwilightTwilight Princess
pm me if you want on!
also known as ~kikyo~

#87 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-29-2006, 11:41 AM
Sage of Swords Sage of Swords is a male United States Sage of Swords is offline
The Sage of Swords
Send a message via AIM to Sage of Swords
View Posts: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venter View Post
It wouldn't be a bad idea . . . if it was an entirely differnt game. See, if Nintendo made a female 'Link like' character, and threw her into a different game, I would have no problem with playing as a female. But as far as Legend of Zelda games go... Let's just stick with Link, eh?
That would work, but not as a different game. Rather than making Link a girl, maybe put in a tomboy-ish character to play as. Playing as a girl is fine, but they can't make Link a girl. Let us play as Zelda, or another female, Link should stay as a boy. It would be better this way because rather than putting in a completely new surprise in, you would have playable female characters, as well as being able to play as a different character for once.
  #88 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-29-2006, 06:20 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 1

Actually, in two obscure Satellaview remake-ish Zelda games, you could play as a girl. Link looks so bizarre with a pink ponytail.

BS The Legend of Zelda:
Click Here For Screenshots!

It's the third set of pictures. Also:

BS The Legend of Zelda
Ancient Stone Tablets
Click Here For Screenshots!

At the bottom of the screen.

Link has to be a boy, however. Otherwise it's not Link, but someone else.
  #89 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-29-2006, 06:43 PM
ABOMINATION, TRAITOR TO HUMANITY
View Posts: 3,280

You know, I played Stone Tablits of Antiquity once... it is HARD, believe me, you could not complete anything in the time limit. There were only like a couple few people that actually did everything.
  #90 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-30-2006, 11:51 PM
Sage of Swords Sage of Swords is a male United States Sage of Swords is offline
The Sage of Swords
Send a message via AIM to Sage of Swords
View Posts: 135

You know what would be a good idea? There should be an option as to play as a boy, or girl Link. Names don't matter, since the player names what they want to call the character.
  #91 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-31-2006, 06:39 AM
Goron
View Posts: 212

I dont think there should ever be a female Link... But i do think there should be a female main playable character in a Princess Zelda spin off game or somthing.
  #92 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-31-2006, 11:33 AM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 341

Arghhh you reminded me of the CD-i's Sanzu!
Link wouldn't really be Link if he was a girl. More a "Linka" or something crazy like that.
Maybe...just maybe if they DID do that they could make "Linka" masculine as Link is feminine (in a totally hot way though heh-I can't have been the only one to die playing TP, can I?)
  #93 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2007, 05:01 AM
Has returned
View Posts: 1,055

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoserFace View Post
Links my boyfriend.
Says you, and all of the other woman here at ZU!
  #94 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2007, 05:11 AM
Skyloftian

I think Link already looks a little to female: the earrings he wears, the fact that I can see make-up on his face! and I am pretty sure that he had hip is one game, I think it was OoT... not to menation that they make him super thin with only a little but of muscle showing, which is how people like girls to look. I'm not even going to bother menationing the skirt because I know Iwould get the, "Aye, its a kilt laddy!" comment (but it shoe make him look like a girl) so I say he is 50/50 already.

before someone has a heart attack I would like to say that I am being sarcastic, Link is all man everybody!

Lost_Souls says: Games between 100% LoZ, AoL, aLttP, OoT, MM, OoA, tWW, TP. Games beaten LA, OoS, tMC running through the stories of FS/FSA to find evdince.

Last Edited by lost_souls; 01-01-2007 at 05:16 AM. Reason:
  #95 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2007, 05:32 AM
Spirit of Seasons
Send a message via AIM to Flaw Send a message via Yahoo to Flaw
View Posts: 1,743

Yeah everytime i show my dad or someone who doesn't know about zelda they think he is a girl... he should have a beard or something make him look rugged..

[www.talkzelda.com]
  #96 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2007, 05:38 AM
Skyloftian

Quote:
Yeah everytime i show my dad or someone who doesn't know about zelda they think he is a girl... he should have a beard or something make him look rugged..
Or at least give him a little more muscle I mean if you look at him he really doesn't look like he could lift those big rocks, let alone a 2-5 ton goron!

#97 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2007, 05:42 AM
Spirit of Seasons
Send a message via AIM to Flaw Send a message via Yahoo to Flaw
View Posts: 1,743

Yeah in TP he was muscles taht are like hes a runner not a weight lifter like arnold swatsenegger.. sorry for the spelling..

[www.talkzelda.com]
  #98 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2007, 11:23 PM
Figment of Our Imagination
View Posts: 1,133

Link doesn't need muscle, if he had muscle he would not play like a young Miyamoto. Unless no ones noticed the entire series is based on 'HIS' childhood
  #99 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-02-2007, 03:28 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 14

Wait its' based on his childhood?.....really? He must of had an interesting child hood. Saving imaginary lands and the like...Did Miyamoto say it was based on his childhood? Because if he did he might be a bit out there...

Oh and I think a female Link would be fine. I don't see a reason not too. Link doesn't talk anyway.
  #100 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-02-2007, 08:26 AM
Hylian
View Posts: 239

no, no, no, NO female Link. it would ruin the whole thing.. I rather have Link talking before i see him as a girl! And I'm against voice acting when it comes to Link!! I wouldnt mind the other characters talking though..

.......I'm a girl......
Closed Thread

Tags
female, link