Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-13-2006, 11:02 PM
(kee-SHE-ro DEE)
View Posts: 2,982
Tetra Force?

I'm not sure if this goes here, but people on ZU, what's "The Tetra Force"?

Kuroshiro Xorishik
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-13-2006, 11:15 PM
a terrible person
View Posts: 2,963
Re: Tetra Force?

I guess some people think that the center triangle in the Triforce, the one that's empty, is actually supposed to another piece of the Triforce in it, making it the Tetraforce. Most people disagree with this theory.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-13-2006, 11:18 PM
It is difficult to be alive.
Send a message via Skype™ to Jodd
View Posts: 11,388

Tetraforce is the upside down fourth piece of the Triforce. coincidentally, it exists. Just you wait...
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-13-2006, 11:23 PM
Classic Old School Action
Send a message via Skype™ to Lozzie
View Posts: 9,461

The tetra force is that NONEXISTANT piece of triforce people think exist, based on the shield in Ocarina of Time.

However, it wouldn't be called the Triforce if they had meant it to be four pieces...
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-13-2006, 11:26 PM
(kee-SHE-ro DEE)

Why is it called the Tetra force? Also, Jodd, Gannon-Banned. Number 8.

Kuroshiro Xorishik
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-13-2006, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Ok, it is called a Triforce for a reason. Tri means three. All this nonsense about a fourth piece in the middle, or on the Hylian Shield is really annoying me. You'd think in over 10 Zelda games made, they'd have mentioned it by now. Also, why the hell doesn't the creation of Hyrule story mention a fourth goddess, or a fourth piece? Why do the creators repeatedly claim there are only three pieces? Weak.
Ah, but they do. WW has "Tetra", and MM has the "Goddess of Time".
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-13-2006, 11:43 PM
♥ ♥
Send a message via AIM to Nucco
View Posts: 1,668

Tetra, refers to the number value of 4...according to the dictionary...so 4 pieces of force=TetraForce....and there you have it....and you ever thought, what if there was a 4th, unknown goddess??? ONe that controled the other 3...and with her(or maybe his) power...you have 4 instead of 3, and then you have a TetraForce(crackpot theory i made up)

-NC
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-14-2006, 12:19 AM
Spirit of Seasons
Steam ID: sotiriscs
View Posts: 1,858

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodd
Tetraforce is the upside down fourth piece of the Triforce. coincidentally, it exists. Just you wait...
I agree with you, Jodd. If we wait, in some Zelda game, Tetraforce will exist. It's just a matter of time. Well, as others have said, Tetraforce is the Triforce with one extra piece.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-14-2006, 02:43 PM
ZU's Marathon Man
View Posts: 1,049

It just part of the declaration of the shield. The goddesses Din, Nayru, and Farore created Hyrule and then the Triforce, one piece for each goddess. The goddess of time was not part of the creation of Hyrule, and therefore does not have her own piece of the Triforce, or Tetraforce. Besides, if Nintendo went that way, it would spell disaster for them.

#10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-14-2006, 03:12 PM
May those who accept their fate be granted happiness...
Send a message via Skype™ to John
View Posts: 21,796

I've always wondered why people want there to be a tetraforce, I mean, the Triforce is capable of granting any wish. On top of that, since the first game, when there was only two (Courage and Power, IIRC, it might've been Wisdom and Power) pieces it was called the Triforce, an obvious indication that it was always intended to be three. It's also a huge theory to base on one of Link's shield in one of the games.

As for the four goddesses argument, There is a goddess of time, however, she didn't create Hyrule, as such she would've had no part in making the Triforce, and if she could expand the Triforce then, presumably, she'd be equal in power to the original three goddesses, which makes you wonder why they didn't ask her to help make the world.

It doesn't work from the view of game cannon, it doesn't work from Hylian mythology, it, in fact, utterly defies current cannon.

Edit: This is remarkably similar to the argument made a while back that since one of the images in OoT had a bird carrying the entire Triforce you could get the Triforce in OoT, you just had to find a way into the sky, it has about as much evidence as the whole tetraforce idea.

Public Key ID: 057420A1
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-14-2006, 03:18 PM
Mixed feelings of elation
Send a message via AIM to Sentient
View Posts: 2,734

Notice that in TP, Link has the same Hylian Shield as the one in OoT, BUT, that fourth little triangle at the bottom has been removed. Why? To eradicate all theories about the Tetraforce. It is non-existant, it will always be non-existant, so everyone accept it.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-14-2006, 03:36 PM
Guardian Dragon
View Posts: 2,475

Tetra Force will never exist. Never. Some people will always think that there is a fourth piece to the triforce.

Played | Beaten |
LoZ | AoL |G&W | ZW | ALttP | LA | LADX | OoT | MQ | MM | OoA&OoS | ALttP&FS | TWW | FSA | TMC|TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT3D | FSAE | SS |TWWHD| ALBW
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-14-2006, 03:43 PM
Adm Manhammer Adm Manhammer is a male United Kingdom Adm Manhammer is offline
Alpha Male
View Posts: 9,870

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodd
Ah, but they do. WW has "Tetra", and MM has the "Goddess of Time".
Tetra is a type of fish. Nobody in any LoZ game denied the existence of other Gods, but it's an established fact that Din, Farore and Nayru created the Triforce. Nobody else. Just the three of them. You'd have seen the Goddess of Time in that cutscene in OoT if she had anything to do with it.

Days since last signature update: 0
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-14-2006, 04:04 PM
Axis Powers
View Posts: 2,443

I don't even know why some people think there's a fourth piece to the triforce. I thought it was obvious that triangle in the middle is nothing but the gap in the center. It's not even colored yellow like the actual triforce.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-14-2006, 05:52 PM
Goron
View Posts: 111

Oh yeah, there is a forth piece, Tingle carries it. I hacked MM and found a secret room with the four pieces of the triforce and tingle having sex with the fourth piece,...really.

Most assanine poster at ZU!
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-14-2006, 07:15 PM
(kee-SHE-ro DEE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bladeforger
face it guys, there is no "tetra force" its just a gay rumour you caught drift of
1. I a gree, whoever made up the "Tetra Force" is either really stupid, or wanted to brainwash stupid people.
2. Don't use the word gay in place for stupid/idiotic. It's offensive to homosexuals and me.

Kuroshiro Xorishik
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-14-2006, 08:50 PM

The Goddess of Time is really the only logical goddess that could be involved in the creation of Hyrule. Din/Power = Earth? Nayru/Wisdom = Law? Farore/Courage = Animals?

Those three can sort of be linked to what they created, but Tetra/Time = Time is completely logical. The goddess of time created time.

Coincidentally, OoT is the only one of the Zelda games to feature a large amount of time travel. I know OOA and OOS did it, but that was a different concept. OOA went through huge amounts of time, and OOS went through four amounts of time. So that's a perfectly logical place to feature the goddess of time.

Secondly, the races. Din = Goron, Nayru = Zora, Farore = Kokiri. Every friendly race in OOT's Hyrule has a stone (emerald, ruby, sapphire), except for the Hylians. Hylians could quite easily be linked to time. Gerudos? They weren't a friendly race, on the whole. And Tingle isn't a race.

When there was only the piece of power and wisdom, the Triforce was still called the Triforce. 2 = Tri? Duoforce sound a bit silly, doesn't it. Triforce sounds a bit more dignified. And everything comes in threes. Movie trilogies, games, lot's of things. Maybe the developer's only needed two pieces, called it the triforce, then decided to add another piece, to even it out. By that logic, there might be 12 pieces of the Triforce. There could be 300. It depends on the whim of the developers.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-14-2006, 10:09 PM
I'll call it a telegram if I so wish
View Posts: 1,472

I think there isn't a Tetraforce. The triangle in the middle is uncoloured, and would be terribly unfair to the Goddess who supposedly holds it. And if it were coloured, then the Triforce would look like one big triangle.

Since the fourth triangle was separate from the Triforce on that shield, I think that whomever it belongs to (if it belongs to anyone) would be set apart from the three Goddesses. That would make a Triforce and something, but not actually a Tetraforce.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-14-2006, 11:14 PM
Guardian Dragon
View Posts: 2,475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szerenade
Since the fourth triangle was separate from the Triforce on that shield, I think that whomever it belongs to (if it belongs to anyone) would be set apart from the three Goddesses. That would make a Triforce and something, but not actually a Tetraforce.
I honestly didn't think Miyamoto original planned the designed like that. While making the story he was probably thinking what design he could use to represent the power from each Goddess. Somehow he came up with 3 triangles and he didn't want to lay it side by side like this: ^ ^ ^ So he came up with a clever design that made a full triangle with a missing triangle in the middle. That's a possible reason.

Played | Beaten |
LoZ | AoL |G&W | ZW | ALttP | LA | LADX | OoT | MQ | MM | OoA&OoS | ALttP&FS | TWW | FSA | TMC|TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT3D | FSAE | SS |TWWHD| ALBW
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-15-2006, 12:21 AM
Goron
View Posts: 222

Isn't the Triforce itself loosely based on a Japanese myth? If i remember hearing correctly, the crest of a famous family in Japan was three golden triangles, stacked like the Triforce. The story behind it, if i remember correctly, is that the three triangles represent three scales given to someone in the family by a great dragon. three dragon scales, thus three pieces to the Triforce.

In the original Zelda, there were two pieces to the Triforce: Wisdom, and Power. the Triforce of Courage wsa supposedly lost long ago. Ganon had stolen the Triforce of Power, while Zelda split the Triforce of Wisdom into 8 pieces. These pieces are the ones that Link has to find in The Legend of Zelda. the Triforce of Courage is finally revealed in Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. it is the Triforce of Courage that is used to awaken Zelda in the end.

Thus makes three pieces. Courage, Widom, Power.

The so-called "Fourth piece" to the Triforce can't exist. the space in the middle of the Triforce is just that: a space. not meant to be filled by anything. the golden triangle at the bottom of the Hylian Shield in Ocarina of Time is just there for decoration. it's merely coincidence that it happens to fit inside the empty space in the middle of the Triforce.

The "Goddess of Time" mentioned in Majora's Mask has no connection to the Triforce. in fact, Majora's Mask has NO real connection to the Triforce at all. The appearance of the Triforce on the Hero's Shield in the game is there most likely because it's simply a mirror of the Hylian Shield. Remember, Termina is a "mirror", if you will, of Hyrule.

The Goddess of Time was never mentioned in the creation of Hyrule in OoT. If she had anything to do with the creation at ALL, she would have been mentioned. If every god and goddess had something to do with creation, there'd be at LEAST five pieces: Power, Wisdom, Courage, Time, and Wind.

[and now for a little humor]Oh, while we're at it, let's make pieces for the sages! Forest, Fire, Water, Spirit, Shadow, Light! and then add the sages from Wind Waker, Earth and Wind, but since Wind is already covered, we get the addition of Earth! let's see, that makes Courage, Wisdom, Power, Time, Wind, Earth, Forest, Fire, Water, Spirit, Shadow, and Light! that makes Twelve Triforce parts!

And don't forget the Oracles! add in Ages, Seasons, and Secrets and we've got fifteen pieces to the Triforce!
[that was my humor]

And the most obvious evidence against the Fourth Triforce theory, is that Tri is a root word, meaning Three. not four. go back to elementary English class.
I saved this one for last because it's the most obvious (and most common), and is thus not as significant as the other facts.
Closed Thread

Tags
force, tetra