Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-07-2006, 02:13 PM
Gold-Triforce Gold-Triforce is offline
Deku Scrub
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Scotland
View Posts: 19
Post Links Mother

Do you ever think we will find out who links mother is?
Here is my theory; i think that Link could possibly be the son of the King of Hyrule, this would also mean Zelda being his sister and her mother being links mother, but Link and Zelda aren't really in love are they? that is just speculation by the community (rather like this post itself is speculation) but anyway let me know what you think of my theory
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-07-2006, 02:17 PM
Lord Xenon Lord Xenon is a male United States Lord Xenon is offline
Nexus to the Stars
Send a message via ICQ to Lord Xenon Send a message via AIM to Lord Xenon Send a message via Yahoo to Lord Xenon Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Xenon
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ohio
View Posts: 838
Re: Links Mother

I wouldn't think of that to be true because how can they be related just ask yourself this as well as this why would Zelda and Link be related that is highly unlikely to have an answer as to this question are Link and Zelda in love most say yes like me but none of us actually know the answer because Link is a mute (he doesn't talk) I'd say yes he's in love but just can't tell Zelda
__________________

Signature and Avatar set made by me. Formerly Celestial Link and Heavenly Hero.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-07-2006, 02:59 PM
The CronoLink The CronoLink is offline
Goron
Join Date: Mar 2005
View Posts: 248
Re: Links Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold-Triforce
Do you ever think we will find out who links mother is?
Here is my theory; i think that Link could possibly be the son of the King of Hyrule, this would also mean Zelda being his sister and her mother being links mother, but Link and Zelda aren't really in love are they? that is just speculation by the community (rather like this post itself is speculation) but anyway let me know what you think of my theory
I hope you know this theory, flawed as it is, will gain you the hatred of LinkxZelda fans?

So Link is the heir to the throne? Why didn't the Great Deku Tree told him? The Deku Tree told him that he had a great destiny, that he would have to save the world. He even told Navi and never mentions it to hide it from Link. Why then hide the fact that he was a prince if he was? I mean, he knew Princess Zelda, obviously he has his ways to know about stuff outside of the Kokiri Forest. So he must know who were the King and Queen. The Deku Tree Sprout referred to Link's mother as some woman who was escaping from the war. That's the proper way to refer to her if she was the Queen, which I doubt she was.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-07-2006, 04:41 PM
Unit7 Unit7 is a male United States Unit7 is offline
[insert clever custom title]
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Realm of Darkness.
View Posts: 4,460
Re: Links Mother

OK so, her mother risked her life to save Link but not Zelda? Also why I am not a big fan of the LinkxZelda thing, but come on, why would the queen escape the castle to save just Link?

Also, CronoLink has a point, why doesnt anyone mention it? i mean if they are going to give alot of details about his destiny and all why not tell him he is the Prince.

Also why would they let him go on an adventure if he was? wouldnt they want to protect him?

This theory is based on the queen not being mentioned on OoT and well thats about it.

Link's mother was just an average women who lived in some village, war was coming and she fled for safety.
__________________

Amazing Signature and Avatar by Viral Maze. Thanks!
My Fanfiction
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-07-2006, 04:43 PM
Yoshi_Master Canada Yoshi_Master is offline
Gerudo Thief
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Termina :P
View Posts: 53
Re: Links Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Link
I wouldn't think of that to be true because how can they be related just ask yourself this as well as this why would Zelda and Link be related that is highly unlikely to have an answer as to this question are Link and Zelda in love most say yes like me but none of us actually know the answer because Link is a mute (he doesn't talk) I'd say yes he's in love but just can't tell Zelda
Try using periods and commas, okay?
Anyway, It might be possible for Link and Zelda to be siblings

EaB
__________________

Quote:
Tingle sees all, he does! He does! -TingleWW
You wanna fight? Huh? huh? You wanna fight me do ya? do ya?
Yeah well......don't...
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-07-2006, 09:13 PM
KnightWing United_States KnightWing is offline
Hylian Knight
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Texas
View Posts: 778
Re: Links Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Link
...because Link is a mute (he doesn't talk)...
No, that's not true. If you listen to certain characters' dialogue, they respond to Link's dialogue, which we simply never hear.
__________________



Bring back the Wii in black!!
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-07-2006, 10:24 PM
Unit7 Unit7 is a male United States Unit7 is offline
[insert clever custom title]
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Realm of Darkness.
View Posts: 4,460
Re: Links Mother

Yea, Link is NOT mute, he does indeed talk. We just dont simply see or hear it. You can tell, as said by NightWing, if you read closly you can see that they are talking as if Link just said something.
__________________

Amazing Signature and Avatar by Viral Maze. Thanks!
My Fanfiction
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-08-2006, 06:21 AM
Gold-Triforce Gold-Triforce is offline
Deku Scrub
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Scotland
View Posts: 19
Re: Links Mother

I don't actualy care if the Link x Zelda people come to hate me because thats just childish hating people because of an opinion, but thanks for the feedback, looking back i can see the flaws:embrsd:
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-08-2006, 10:47 AM
kensu14 kensu14 is offline
Anouki
Join Date: May 2006
Location: The Darkness
View Posts: 42
Re: Links Mother

i hope in future games Link talks. it is sometimes hard to follow along
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2006, 09:39 AM
UnderworldKing United_States UnderworldKing is offline
One of the Wiseones
Send a message via AIM to UnderworldKing
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Maryland
View Posts: 43
Re: Links Mother

hey link and zelda are not related I do say they are in love. In OOT links father was a soldier going to war and was killed the mother escaped and ran into the Kokiri Forest begging the Deku Tree to take care of her son and he saw Link's destiny and accepted the mother then died.
__________________
Traveling the world far and wide seeking wisdom and knowledge where ever he goes. That would be me Wiseman.
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2006, 10:03 AM
chipman United Kingdom chipman is offline
Miyamoto: Sell games in Yourope? Wot Yourope?
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Chipman.position = x,y,z
View Posts: 763
Re: Links Mother

I'm not sure what to think about this theory, there's nothing to back it up and nothing to say against it, anyone got any evidence either way?
__________________
Wow, I just realised my entire sig was out of date...
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2006, 10:07 AM
LegendofLex LegendofLex is a male LegendofLex is offline
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
Join Date: Apr 2004
View Posts: 20,981
Re: Links Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold-Triforce
Here is my theory; i think that Link could possibly be the son of the King of Hyrule
Nope. Link is confirmed in aLttP to be a descendant of a line of Hylian knights.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2006, 10:12 AM
Liquid Gecko Liquid Gecko is a male United States Liquid Gecko is offline
Medic
Join Date: Jan 2006
View Posts: 1,512
Re: Links Mother

Link and Zelda related???thats sounds pretty awkward 'cause in the cartoons( the old one's) Link's alway's looking for a kiss from Zelda.....facts people facts!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2006, 10:39 AM
Mortes Mortes is offline
Gerudo Thief
Join Date: Mar 2006
View Posts: 43
Re: Links Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderworldKing
hey link and zelda are not related I do say they are in love. In OOT links father was a soldier going to war and was killed the mother escaped and ran into the Kokiri Forest begging the Deku Tree to take care of her son and he saw Link's destiny and accepted the mother then died.
Was this not mentioned in the comics? This means that it is not a reliable source. I personally do not believe the two to be in love because there is no evidence that supports that they are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionHarted
Nope. Link is confirmed in aLttP to be a descendant of a line of Hylian knights.
Maybe, but here is a way for this to come true and Link and Zelda of OoT to still be related. If Link truly is related then he could become king, but perhaps he doesn't want to because he is afraid that the people won't except him. He instead becomes a knight. Or, Link does accept the kingship, marries, and has two sons. Well, both of them can't become king, so what is left for the other one? Easy, he could become a knight and his descendant becomes the one we play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me_link
Link and Zelda related???thats sounds pretty awkward 'cause in the cartoons( the old one's) Link's alway's looking for a kiss from Zelda.....facts people facts!
The cartoons are just like the comics, unreliable.
__________________
<A dark time approaches .>
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2006, 10:40 AM
LegendofLex LegendofLex is a male LegendofLex is offline
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
Join Date: Apr 2004
View Posts: 20,981
Re: Links Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortes
Maybe, but here is a way for this to come true and Link and Zelda of OoT to still be related. If Link truly is related then he could become king, but perhaps he doesn't want to because he is afraid that the people won't except him. He instead becomes a knight. Or, Link does accept the kingship, marries, and has two sons. Well, both of them can't become king, so what is left for the other one? Easy, he could become a knight and his descendant becomes the one we play.
What I meant is, the "Hero" is always born of a "line of Hylian knights." As in, they're ALL knights, or of knightly ancestry, as opposed to royalty.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2006, 11:48 PM
Mortes Mortes is offline
Gerudo Thief
Join Date: Mar 2006
View Posts: 43
Re: Links Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionHarted
What I meant is, the "Hero" is always born of a "line of Hylian knights." As in, they're ALL knights, or of knightly ancestry, as opposed to royalty.
Ok, picture this. The former king and queen of Hyrule have a daughter, she is the only heir for no other siblings are born into the family. The daughter must marry or fear the loss of the royal bloodline. A soldier, high or low in the rankings, meets the princess and the two fall in love. The two are married and have two children, a daughter and son. Now Link is a descendent of not only a knight but also of the royal family.
__________________
<A dark time approaches .>
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-11-2006, 02:51 PM
The CronoLink The CronoLink is offline
Goron
Join Date: Mar 2005
View Posts: 248
Re: Links Mother

What?
There is no single crumb of evidence to back up that.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-12-2006, 03:21 PM
Mortes Mortes is offline
Gerudo Thief
Join Date: Mar 2006
View Posts: 43
Re: Links Mother

There is also no evidence to disprove it. Besides, it was only a theory.
__________________
<A dark time approaches .>
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-13-2006, 04:51 PM
Jeff Jeff is a male United States Jeff is offline
10 years is here!!
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Buffalo, New York
View Posts: 12,327
Re: Links Mother

Highly unlikely. If the Princess were ever to marry someone, it would be another noble, probably from a different country. It's very uncommon for someone of the royal family to marry into the class of soldiers and knights.
__________________
Echoes of Light: Book 1 of the Luminous Legend
A high fantasy book that doesn't switch character perspective every chapter? That doesn't feature done-to-the-death Elves, Dwarves and Orcs, but brand new races? And is heavily inspired by The Legend of Zelda? You might want to check it out! Kindle version only $.99, print version OUT NOW
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-13-2006, 05:04 PM
Spartan A69 Spartan A69 is offline
UNSC Spartan-III A69
Send a message via Yahoo to Spartan A69
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Training with Blue Team
View Posts: 382
Re: Links Mother

I don't remember where it was, but I saw a comic of OoT that showed Link's mom running through the Kokiri Forest and she ran into the Deku Tree. She then gave Link to the Deku Tree to take care of and because of something with here not being a child and being in the forest to long, she turned into a tree.

EDIT: Here is the link to the OoT comics, Hyrule Under Fire and Escape to the Kokiri.http://www.zeldalegends.net/index.php?n=manga#295
__________________

Sig and Avi by Moop
My Zelda games - LoZ(GBA and NES), Zelda II(GBA and NES), ALttP(SNES), LA(DX), OoT/OoT MQ(GC), MM(N64), TWW, TMC, FSA, TP(GC), PH
Beaten - All of the above except OoT MQ, MM, and Zelda II
Last Edited by Spartan A69; 05-13-2006 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
links, mother


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 PM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -