Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-07-2006, 02:13 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 19
Post Links Mother

Do you ever think we will find out who links mother is?
Here is my theory; i think that Link could possibly be the son of the King of Hyrule, this would also mean Zelda being his sister and her mother being links mother, but Link and Zelda aren't really in love are they? that is just speculation by the community (rather like this post itself is speculation) but anyway let me know what you think of my theory
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-07-2006, 02:17 PM
Nexus to the Stars
Send a message via ICQ to Lord Xenon Send a message via AIM to Lord Xenon Send a message via Yahoo to Lord Xenon Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Xenon
View Posts: 838
Re: Links Mother

I wouldn't think of that to be true because how can they be related just ask yourself this as well as this why would Zelda and Link be related that is highly unlikely to have an answer as to this question are Link and Zelda in love most say yes like me but none of us actually know the answer because Link is a mute (he doesn't talk) I'd say yes he's in love but just can't tell Zelda

Signature and Avatar set made by me. Formerly Celestial Link and Heavenly Hero.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-07-2006, 02:59 PM
Goron
View Posts: 248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold-Triforce
Do you ever think we will find out who links mother is?
Here is my theory; i think that Link could possibly be the son of the King of Hyrule, this would also mean Zelda being his sister and her mother being links mother, but Link and Zelda aren't really in love are they? that is just speculation by the community (rather like this post itself is speculation) but anyway let me know what you think of my theory
I hope you know this theory, flawed as it is, will gain you the hatred of LinkxZelda fans?

So Link is the heir to the throne? Why didn't the Great Deku Tree told him? The Deku Tree told him that he had a great destiny, that he would have to save the world. He even told Navi and never mentions it to hide it from Link. Why then hide the fact that he was a prince if he was? I mean, he knew Princess Zelda, obviously he has his ways to know about stuff outside of the Kokiri Forest. So he must know who were the King and Queen. The Deku Tree Sprout referred to Link's mother as some woman who was escaping from the war. That's the proper way to refer to her if she was the Queen, which I doubt she was.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-07-2006, 04:41 PM
[insert clever custom title]
View Posts: 4,460

OK so, her mother risked her life to save Link but not Zelda? Also why I am not a big fan of the LinkxZelda thing, but come on, why would the queen escape the castle to save just Link?

Also, CronoLink has a point, why doesnt anyone mention it? i mean if they are going to give alot of details about his destiny and all why not tell him he is the Prince.

Also why would they let him go on an adventure if he was? wouldnt they want to protect him?

This theory is based on the queen not being mentioned on OoT and well thats about it.

Link's mother was just an average women who lived in some village, war was coming and she fled for safety.

Amazing Signature and Avatar by Viral Maze. Thanks!
My Fanfiction
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-07-2006, 04:43 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Link
I wouldn't think of that to be true because how can they be related just ask yourself this as well as this why would Zelda and Link be related that is highly unlikely to have an answer as to this question are Link and Zelda in love most say yes like me but none of us actually know the answer because Link is a mute (he doesn't talk) I'd say yes he's in love but just can't tell Zelda
Try using periods and commas, okay?
Anyway, It might be possible for Link and Zelda to be siblings

EaB

Quote:
Tingle sees all, he does! He does! -TingleWW
You wanna fight? Huh? huh? You wanna fight me do ya? do ya?
Yeah well......don't...
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-07-2006, 09:13 PM
Hylian Knight
View Posts: 778

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Link
...because Link is a mute (he doesn't talk)...
No, that's not true. If you listen to certain characters' dialogue, they respond to Link's dialogue, which we simply never hear.

Bring back the Wii in black!!
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-07-2006, 10:24 PM
[insert clever custom title]
View Posts: 4,460

Yea, Link is NOT mute, he does indeed talk. We just dont simply see or hear it. You can tell, as said by NightWing, if you read closly you can see that they are talking as if Link just said something.

Amazing Signature and Avatar by Viral Maze. Thanks!
My Fanfiction
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-08-2006, 06:21 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 19

I don't actualy care if the Link x Zelda people come to hate me because thats just childish hating people because of an opinion, but thanks for the feedback, looking back i can see the flaws:embrsd:
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-08-2006, 10:47 AM
Anouki
View Posts: 42

i hope in future games Link talks. it is sometimes hard to follow along
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2006, 09:39 AM
One of the Wiseones
Send a message via AIM to UnderworldKing
View Posts: 43

hey link and zelda are not related I do say they are in love. In OOT links father was a soldier going to war and was killed the mother escaped and ran into the Kokiri Forest begging the Deku Tree to take care of her son and he saw Link's destiny and accepted the mother then died.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2006, 10:03 AM
Miyamoto: Sell games in Yourope? Wot Yourope?
View Posts: 763

I'm not sure what to think about this theory, there's nothing to back it up and nothing to say against it, anyone got any evidence either way?
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2006, 10:07 AM
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
View Posts: 20,981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold-Triforce
Here is my theory; i think that Link could possibly be the son of the King of Hyrule
Nope. Link is confirmed in aLttP to be a descendant of a line of Hylian knights.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2006, 10:12 AM
Liquid Gecko Liquid Gecko is a male United States Liquid Gecko is offline
Medic
View Posts: 1,512

Link and Zelda related???thats sounds pretty awkward 'cause in the cartoons( the old one's) Link's alway's looking for a kiss from Zelda.....facts people facts!
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2006, 10:39 AM
Gerudo Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderworldKing
hey link and zelda are not related I do say they are in love. In OOT links father was a soldier going to war and was killed the mother escaped and ran into the Kokiri Forest begging the Deku Tree to take care of her son and he saw Link's destiny and accepted the mother then died.
Was this not mentioned in the comics? This means that it is not a reliable source. I personally do not believe the two to be in love because there is no evidence that supports that they are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionHarted
Nope. Link is confirmed in aLttP to be a descendant of a line of Hylian knights.
Maybe, but here is a way for this to come true and Link and Zelda of OoT to still be related. If Link truly is related then he could become king, but perhaps he doesn't want to because he is afraid that the people won't except him. He instead becomes a knight. Or, Link does accept the kingship, marries, and has two sons. Well, both of them can't become king, so what is left for the other one? Easy, he could become a knight and his descendant becomes the one we play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me_link
Link and Zelda related???thats sounds pretty awkward 'cause in the cartoons( the old one's) Link's alway's looking for a kiss from Zelda.....facts people facts!
The cartoons are just like the comics, unreliable.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2006, 10:40 AM
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
View Posts: 20,981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortes
Maybe, but here is a way for this to come true and Link and Zelda of OoT to still be related. If Link truly is related then he could become king, but perhaps he doesn't want to because he is afraid that the people won't except him. He instead becomes a knight. Or, Link does accept the kingship, marries, and has two sons. Well, both of them can't become king, so what is left for the other one? Easy, he could become a knight and his descendant becomes the one we play.
What I meant is, the "Hero" is always born of a "line of Hylian knights." As in, they're ALL knights, or of knightly ancestry, as opposed to royalty.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2006, 11:48 PM
Gerudo Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionHarted
What I meant is, the "Hero" is always born of a "line of Hylian knights." As in, they're ALL knights, or of knightly ancestry, as opposed to royalty.
Ok, picture this. The former king and queen of Hyrule have a daughter, she is the only heir for no other siblings are born into the family. The daughter must marry or fear the loss of the royal bloodline. A soldier, high or low in the rankings, meets the princess and the two fall in love. The two are married and have two children, a daughter and son. Now Link is a descendent of not only a knight but also of the royal family.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-11-2006, 02:51 PM
Goron
View Posts: 248

What?
There is no single crumb of evidence to back up that.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-12-2006, 03:21 PM
Gerudo Thief

There is also no evidence to disprove it. Besides, it was only a theory.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-13-2006, 04:51 PM
10 years is here!!
View Posts: 12,327

Highly unlikely. If the Princess were ever to marry someone, it would be another noble, probably from a different country. It's very uncommon for someone of the royal family to marry into the class of soldiers and knights.
A high fantasy book that doesn't switch character perspective every chapter? That doesn't feature done-to-the-death Elves, Dwarves and Orcs, but brand new races? And is heavily inspired by The Legend of Zelda? You might want to check it out! Kindle version only $.99, print version OUT NOW
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-13-2006, 05:04 PM
UNSC Spartan-III A69
Send a message via Yahoo to Spartan A69
View Posts: 382

I don't remember where it was, but I saw a comic of OoT that showed Link's mom running through the Kokiri Forest and she ran into the Deku Tree. She then gave Link to the Deku Tree to take care of and because of something with here not being a child and being in the forest to long, she turned into a tree.

EDIT: Here is the link to the OoT comics, Hyrule Under Fire and Escape to the Kokiri.http://www.zeldalegends.net/index.php?n=manga#295

Sig and Avi by Moop
My Zelda games - LoZ(GBA and NES), Zelda II(GBA and NES), ALttP(SNES), LA(DX), OoT/OoT MQ(GC), MM(N64), TWW, TMC, FSA, TP(GC), PH
Beaten - All of the above except OoT MQ, MM, and Zelda II
Last Edited by Spartan A69; 05-13-2006 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote

Tags
links, mother