Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2006, 07:44 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 29
Who is Kaepora Gaebora?

Some ppl say he is Rauru, some others say he is a Ganondorf fellow, and some others say he is just a smart owl .

What do you think?
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2006, 07:47 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 45
Re: Who is Kaepora Gaebora?

Doesn't a gossip stone say he is a reincarnated sage?? Well anyways, that doesn't help too much.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2006, 07:52 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by king daphnes
who the hell said he was a ganondorf fellow as you put it? I mean an owl who helps you overcome obstacles that block you from beating ganondorf?
Maybe he helped Link to make him meet Ganondorf, giving Ganondorf the chance to take Link's triforce piece
Last Edited by sdin; 02-12-2006 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2006, 07:56 PM
King of the Earth Fist
Send a message via AIM to lugeasilver
View Posts: 1,228

I thought it was just shiek again or something. But thats obviously wrong. The owl might be a royal line of owls destined to help the hero of time and thats it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohesus View Post
It might be an opinion, but it isn't a valid one. It is impossible for SS's controls to feel "tacked on" or "forced".
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
View Posts: 915

I always just thougt he was an owl that could...talk. That does sound weird. I thought I did remember hearing a gossip stone saying something simaler to what TLWLL said. So that would be my best guess. He even seemed to know that you traveled through time and stuff so he got to be a sage...I think.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2006, 09:16 PM
Burning hooves means Littlepip is watching...
Send a message via AIM to Puck
View Posts: 15,588

Quote:
Sacred Forest Meadow:
They say that the owl named Kaepora Gaebora is the reincarnation of an ancient Sage.
From Old Beane's Sauce for Commonly Used Quotes.

So I thinks he is probaly Raru(sp) because the other sages did not know they where sages yet. So he sounds about right.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2006, 09:35 PM
Hiroshi Yamauchi. Former president of Nintendo. Rest in peace.
Send a message via Yahoo to Chad
View Posts: 9,410

I always figured he was the Deku Tree's reincarnation, since the gossip stone said he was a sage, and the Deku Tree was the only person who could have been a sage that died. Some people have argued that it was such a short time between the Deku Tree dying and meeting Kaebora, but no one ever gave me a reason to believe that reincarnation took a certain amount of time.

......................................../`````````````````````````````````````````\
.........TWW-PH-ST-(LoZ-AoL)-(OoX)-TMC-FS-FSA-ALttP-LA-(OoX)-(LoZ-AoL)
OoT<.............................................. \____________________/
.........MM-TP
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2006, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphnes
I always figured he was the Deku Tree's reincarnation, since the gossip stone said he was a sage, and the Deku Tree was the only person who could have been a sage that died. Some people have argued that it was such a short time between the Deku Tree dying and meeting Kaebora, but no one ever gave me a reason to believe that reincarnation took a certain amount of time.
In order for this to be true Kaebora would have to be very small because nothing can grow that fast and if he was that size at birth I pity the mother.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2006, 10:25 PM
I AM LINKS GAURDIAN!!
View Posts: 707

Have you every heard of spontanious birth? Its when something is born from a nonliving substance, such as mud, perhaps that is how kaeproa Gaebora was born, or the deku sage took over an owl.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-13-2006, 10:21 AM
Resident Ranma 1/2 Fan
View Posts: 292

The reason the Rarau=Kaeproa theory doesn't work is that the owl is watching when Sheik teaches you the Requim of Spirt. In the chamber of the sages, some of them say that they can watch over you from there. Why would Rarau need to turn himself into an owl after that happens?

I just label the owl as a mysterious guide put in there by Nintendo to give you hints and just be generaly mysterious.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-13-2006, 11:26 AM
The Dark Side The Dark Side is a male United States The Dark Side is offline
Complainer
Send a message via AIM to The Dark Side
View Posts: 1,344

I think he was just a sage long ago that has, over time, reincarnated into an owl. It doesn't have to be one so recent, In TWW the dead sages took a form of some sort (in this case spirits), after a while I bet they can channel part of their being into something else like an animal. Kaepora Gaebora is most likely just a sage from many years past who has learned to do this; much like Qui Gon Jin (a jedi from Star Wars) finding a way to come back to some extent.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-13-2006, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent
Have you every heard of spontanious birth? Its when something is born from a nonliving substance, such as mud, perhaps that is how kaeproa Gaebora was born, or the deku sage took over an owl.
Heard of it but thanks to bio and chemistry and physics class I know that impossible. And sense you see kaeproa when leaning Requim of Spirt it couldent be because you already resurected the great deku tree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONJONAUG
The reason the Rarau=Kaeproa theory doesn't work is that the owl is watching when Sheik teaches you the Requim of Spirt. In the chamber of the sages, some of them say that they can watch over you from there. Why would Rarau need to turn himself into an owl after that happens?
There is the posiblilty that he can't exist in human form outside the sacred relm.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-13-2006, 11:32 AM
The owner of the Majora's Mask.
Send a message via AIM to Kishiru
View Posts: 461

He might be like Ezzlo. Since he is an owl or something.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-13-2006, 01:34 PM
Adm Manhammer Adm Manhammer is a male United Kingdom Adm Manhammer is offline
Alpha Male
View Posts: 9,870

The difference would be that Ezlo is in his hat form becuse Vaati pwned him. Kaepora Gaebora was a sage who was reincarnated as an owl. Reincarnation generally occurs after death, and last time I checked, Rauru was still very much alive, so that theory doesn't work. I reckon he's just the random guide who Nintendo fuzzed in to make Navi seem less annoying by comparison.

Days since last signature update: 0
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-13-2006, 03:51 PM
Am I the only one who thinks "B.A." sounds funny?
View Posts: 1,078

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Of X
Heard of it but thanks to bio and chemistry and physics class I know that impossible. And sense you see kaeproa when leaning Requim of Spirt it couldent be because you already resurected the great deku tree.
In real life maybe, but this a fictional world. It's possible. In Hyrule, at least.

But anyway, I think what happened is what The Dark Side said. There were probably sages before then and he's a reincarnated sage from then.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-13-2006, 11:19 PM
Sage of Wisdom
Send a message via AIM to Frost Guardian
View Posts: 3,082

A Gossip Stone claims that he is a reincarnated sage but even then, did it not state that it was a rumour? What with the Gossip Stone anyways. But I don't think Nintendo would really throw us off. The absence of Rauru during the ending sequence looks rather suspicious and a moment before, we saw our owl buddy fly off into the desert. So, I'm led to beleive they are one and the same. With the sage deal and whatnot, err, I'm not sure how to piece that in. Maybe Rauru is actually the sage form and he returned to that state? I don't know.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-14-2006, 12:07 AM
The Dark Side The Dark Side is a male United States The Dark Side is offline
Complainer
Send a message via AIM to The Dark Side
View Posts: 1,344

Quote:
Maybe Rauru is actually the sage form and he returned to that state? I don't know.
While this idea seems a bit hoakey and vampire like, I think it has merit, that is the kind of thing we have yet to see in Zelda, but not something I would put past them. I don't mean to rip on like I think your idea is cheesey or anything FG, that's pretty cool and much more likely than most of our aimless musing.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-14-2006, 12:14 AM
City Morgue. You Hack 'em. We Stack 'em.
Send a message via AIM to Dark_ShadowLink
View Posts: 137

all I kno is, Kaepora Gaebora's like a stalker, following you everywhere when you learn a song. Enven in Lon Lon Ranch...... I think it might be in MM too. I hope its not Rauru. *old men watching me* I'm guessing its just a line of owls helping the hero of time, as stated by lugeasilver.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-14-2006, 10:40 AM
Kickass Guy
Send a message via Yahoo to Pegasus_Wing
View Posts: 325

There are 2 Gossip stones in the Sacred Forest Meadow. They say this:

Gossip Stone 2: "They say that the strange owl, Kaepora Gaebora, may look big and heavy, but its character is rather lighthearted."
Gossip Stone 3: "They say that the owl named Kaepora Gaebora is the reincarnation of an Ancient Sage."

Also, Rauru is the sage of Light *LIGHT-hearted?*. Also, you never see them at the same time, their appearances sort of resemble on some points.. I think Rauru only has a human form in the Sacred Realm, and is an owl in the real world. He is just helping out Link this way.. Ah well I totally believe Rauru is KG.

You have to admit that they DO resemble, at some points.. but that's just me.

Of course..I Swore that I'd save Her no matter what.. to my Soul!!
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-15-2006, 07:26 AM
Game Guru
View Posts: 183
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdin
Some ppl say he is Rauru, some others say he is a Ganondorf fellow, and some others say he is just a smart owl .

What do you think?
Kapora Geabora is a recarnation of a aincent Sage some people say it is Raru the sage.

^('-'<) Sonic & Shadow Forums (Homepage) ^('-'<) It's Clickable

Join Talk Zelda Today! (Click Here!)

Tags
gaebora, kaepora