Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#41 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-06-2005, 11:38 PM
Religion does more harm, than heal...
View Posts: 260
Re: is zelda set in the past?

whats the use of saying that someone is stupid just because they made a logical mistake. the century thing is fairley confusing somtimes, I was confused a bit by it back when I was 10 people said that we were in the 21st century when we were in the year 2000, not 2100. but it makes sence if you study it a bit. back onto topic, if SC2 is placed in the 1600's then Zelda must take place in the 1600's, but thats all we got to prove that it's in the past. apart from the title: THE LEGEND of Zelda a Legend is somewhat of an anciete tale, sort of like a Myth. Such as Greek Mythology.
  #42 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-07-2005, 03:23 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 15

who ever said it was based in the future is wrong! the wind waker is based well into the future of OOT.Be more specific in reffering to which zelda game you mean.
  #43 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-07-2005, 07:13 PM
Religion does more harm, than heal...
View Posts: 260

Umm, we never know if a Fantasy is In the Future. For Example Starwars is set in the Past. For all we know Hyrule can be an alternate land where Time is in the Future. I'm not saying it's based in the Future, I think it's the past, my point is. know one knows (exept Nintendo, they know everything)
  #44 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Sage of Wisdom
Send a message via AIM to Frost Guardian
View Posts: 3,082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link Kokiri boy
whats the use of saying that someone is stupid just because they made a logical mistake. the century thing is fairley confusing somtimes, I was confused a bit by it back when I was 10 people said that we were in the 21st century when we were in the year 2000, not 2100. but it makes sence if you study it a bit.
Some people are just too accustomed to knowing when the first century of common era began and whatnot. Your mindset might think differently, but you have to think about it a little too. I get lost in numbers easily myself, but it's just a simple matter of adding a number to whatever. Well, I guess.

Quote:
back onto topic, if SC2 is placed in the 1600's then Zelda must take place in the 1600's, but thats all we got to prove that it's in the past. apart from the title: THE LEGEND of Zelda a Legend is somewhat of an anciete tale, sort of like a Myth. Such as Greek Mythology.
Uh, no. Legend dosen't really denote that it happened in ancient times at all. Regardless, that indication is kind of vauge as it is. Take the legend attributed to King Arthur. That took place during the collaspe of Roman Empire, which you pratically place as the early medieval period as it is. And of Roland? Roughly around eigth or ninth century-- the specifics fail me right now. Point is that I don't think you can suggest any time period from the word legend. If anything, Zelda dosen't look anything like the classical Greek civilization. I mean, it obviously draws inspirations from the medieval period. It couldn't be more batalantly clear, in my opinion-- but the presence of firearms indicate it could have taken place in the latter period. And going back to SC2, since when did we consider that canon? The key word is cameo/gimmick character. At any rate, I wonder why I put some much historical emphasis to back up my points-- its just a fake civilization.
  #45 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-07-2005, 11:57 PM
Miss Hwangsta
Send a message via AIM to hwangsta
View Posts: 118

Zelda was in the medieval times. The medieval times had sword fighting, greedy people (that's ganondorf right there), a lot of sorcy (med. myths had a lot of sorcery and had lots of wizards), and of course the monarchy.

off topic: why was i not cos-playing as link for a school medival faire?! I had to be a guard so why not the hero of time?! so stupid back then...

Tags
past, set, zelda