Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-29-2005, 07:23 PM
tryin' to hang out?
View Posts: 5,845
its all about the story

Now I know that there have been polls and threads about what your favorite Zelda game is. I was wondering what Zelda game did you think had the best story. If you could change the story what would you change. Do you have any story ideas for future Zelda games. Keep in mind that I am asking about the story so try not to stray away from that.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-29-2005, 07:39 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 29
Re: its all about the story

I would have a hard time choosing between OOt and MM. But I suppose MM went into mare detail, so for story, I may pick that. Though I think it would have been better if it turned out Ganon was somehoww behind the whole Majora's mask thing. That would be a cool twist.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-30-2005, 10:11 AM
life's a ***** and i'm gonna spank it
View Posts: 6,197

Filter, a G4TV show that rates games in top ten format, was doing a "greatest game storyline of all time" episode. Against feirce competition, ALttP was voted as the greatest storyline game of all time. It has been awhile since I have played ALttP, so I don't really remember it, but I myself would think LA for having an excellent storyline, WW probably had worst out of Zelda games, but it still wasn't bad.

#4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-30-2005, 11:17 AM
Taking potshots since Spring '04
View Posts: 492

OoT's ending was somewhat sad, but ended on a positive note. Bit like The Fox and the Hound.

I think OoT had the best storyline jointly with MM, LA a close second purely because of its masterful execution.

ALttP had a great backstory that essentially made the legend, and a good yet somewhat lifeless seeming story itself. The backstory of the Oracles was less rich, but their own story was very good, so I'd put them joint third.

After that I'd put TMC (it loses a lot of points for its formulaic nature and its ridiculous overuse of other games' characters) alongside TWW, which, whilst generally pretty sucky had some decent backstory and a few very redeeming scenes with Ganondorf. tAoL follows these two closely.

A lot further down comes Four Swords, slightly ahead of Hyrulean Adventure because HA owed a lot to it and messed Ganon up royally, which is joint with AST.

Lastly comes the compartively really unoriginal and dismal tLoZ.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-30-2005, 11:22 AM
You actually read these?
Send a message via AIM to Baratona
View Posts: 398

I'd say Link's Awakening because it was like the first Zelda game i played and it has quite a complex storyline that isnt fully explained even at the end.
WW is my second favourite but it doesnt explain how Ganon is freed so meh

Great sig made by V99 thanks a bunch!
Av badly done by me
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-30-2005, 11:27 AM
4-8-15-16-23-42
View Posts: 607

Majora's Mask. It had a lot of storylines, and because I consider all the sidequests as different storylines, that makes MM the deepest game of all. Plus, there was the main storyline of getting Majora's Mask.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-30-2005, 01:16 PM
Thorny Devil
View Posts: 1,377

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link the hylian
I would have a hard time choosing between OOt and MM. But I suppose MM went into mare detail, so for story, I may pick that. Though I think it would have been better if it turned out Ganon was somehoww behind the whole Majora's mask thing. That would be a cool twist.
ACk no!!!
That would have been like when you find out Baby Bowser is behind Shadow Mario in Super Mario Sunshine. I'm glad that MM was its own force, and not just another ploy of Ganondorf (even though ganon does rock).

I think that story wise, Nintendo has pretty much nailed it every time. I would have preferred it if the Wind Waker had been a bit more unpredictable though. Generally Zelda can be a little on the formulaic side story wise. I hope they throw in more twists and turns into TP.

Command your people; climb the mountains
Their peaks shall become the shore
The darkness will be defeated
But Hyrule will be no more

#8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-30-2005, 06:16 PM
watching it all fade away -
View Posts: 696

I think WW's storyline was the most original of all the Zelda games, but it seemed to be a little outrageous. The whole fact that the world flooded suddenly and there were somehow survivors (yet no Zora survivors), didn't quite appeal to me. I'd have to say still, that I enjoyed its storyline the most. If I was to suggest a future storyline, I think the Gerudos should be included majorly in the plot. It would be cool if they attacked Hyrule, and there ended up being a massive war of all the races. Something like that. They are my favourite race, but I've noticed in a lot of games their race is almost forgotten and never really included. In MM, they were known as Pirates. In OoT, they never really showed their hatred towards anyone, which I think should have been more direct. But that's just me.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-04-2005, 02:04 PM
Hylian Knight
View Posts: 901

The storyline in OoT was cheap rip-off of the one in ALttP, so I definately won't go for that storyline. The NES games are my favourite games, but in terms of storyline I think ALttP is easily the best. After that comes AoL.

I'm not sure which games gets number three for me.

Tags
story