Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2005, 02:36 PM
Banned User
View Posts: 1,572
The Zelda Timeline Thread.

I'm sure everyones noticed there are a lot of threads saying; so and sos timeline theory. Well, this can be The Zelda Timeline Thread. Here, you post your theory of the Zelda timeline and discuss why you think yours is right. Plus, we may even be able to agree to an official Zelda timeline theory. If you believe that there is no timeline to the Legend of Zelda series, than just don't post. Don't bother saying 'your all idiots with these theorys, there is no timeline!' Please reframe from that. If you've already made a thread of your Timeline theory, then you can just copy and paste it here - so people can still look at it.

If the moderaters think this thread wont work, I apologize.

I suppose I'll have to post my timeline theory, here it is:

:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~::~::~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:::~:~::~::~ :~::~:~:~::~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:

Ocarina of Time: During a war that broke out in Hyrule (starting the reigh of evil), a Hyrulian mother drops her baby son of at Kokiri Forest. He is than raised by the Deku Tree, and becomes destined to be the Hero of Time -and to smite Ganon. Ganon is banished to the sacred realm... This is also probably first in the timeline because it was confirmed that all the other Links were descendad from the Hero of Time Link.

Majoras Mask: After Link defeated Ganon, he was sent back in time. Link then went searching for a lost friend. And ended up ina parrarel Universe, with the fate of a menacing moon falling on it. At the end of this, Link may have died somehow, or just lived life as normal and died of old age.

A Link to the Past: During the same war that broke out in Ocarina of Time. A new desendad Link who lives peacefully hyrule with his Uncle, goes on a quest against Ganon (who has broke out of the sacred realm) to save princess Zelda. Then that Link dies off old age, I guess.

The Minish Cap: There is a average farm boy, and a princess in the kingdom of Hyrule. Then another new descendad Link gets sent out on an adventure against vaati.

Four Swords/Four Swords Adventure: After defeating Vaati, the same Link finds Zelda is kidnapped again by a new enemy. He then goes after her using the power of the Four Sword.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons: Vaati strikes again, the same Link fights against him.

The Legend of Zelda: A new enemy, Ganon; strikes! Sheik findsa new desendad Link and he comes to Hyrules aid!

Adventure of Link: Sorry, I don't really know about this game. But I imagine it comes after Legend of Zelda. I think its the same Link that is on LoZ.

Twilight Princess: I think it takes place here, wasn't it confirmed?

Links Awakening: Hundreds of years have passed. A less important quest that took place just before the Wind Waker Link was born, but the great sea was there. Note he arrives on a boat, to an island with a mountain. That island may have been Dragon Roost Island. Or maybe the Volcano island where you get the fire arrows, obviousely with loads of land broken off. Leaving just the mountains.

Wind Waker: Hundreds of years have passed, and Hyrule gets flooded. Ganon breaks free from the Sacred realm and goes after Link and Zelda from OoT's descendants. Links descendant, destroys Ganon once again... Plus, I think I've cooked up a pratical reason, of why Wind Waker is the latest in the Timeline. The big clue is the creatures and races. Note, in all the Zelda games - there are Gorons, Zoras and Kokiris. Never is there Ritos and Koroks; apart from in the Wind Waker.

Because, Koroks and Ritos are evolved versions of Kokiris and Zoras. And if only Wind Waker is the only one who has the evolved version of them (which is there latest form) that obviousely means that the Wind Waker time is set after all the others. I think that reason alone can easily suggest that Wind Waker is the last in the timeline. Plus, that means that Twilight Princess is definately before Wind Waker. As on the trailor - it shows Link fighting a Goron. And that Goron does not look at all like a kind merchant (as they are on the Wind Waker). Instead, they resemble the tough, angry and potrective race that they are on Ocarina of Time and most other Zelda games. Plus, of course; it is confirmed that it takes place before the Wind Waker (does it?)

:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~::~:~:~: ~:~:~:~:~::~:~:~:~:~:~:~:

I know is very unaccurate and unthoughful. But I just don't have enough Zelda knowledge, to create an accurate Zelda Timeline. So, theres my theory at the moment! I may change it.

At the moment, the two most accurate seeming timelines are:
Lord Ganons. Oh and I've also configured my timeline, it may be a bit more accurate now:

Thats what I think, but (I think) they both have wrong bits in them.

Here is the current ZeldaUniverse timeline theory, that has a lot of thought put into it:

0 HC:
As told in OoT, three Goddesses descend from a distant nebula to create the mythical land of Hyrule. Din, the Goddess of Power, cultivated the land to create the earth with her strong flaming arms. Nayru, the Goddess of Wisdom, gave the world the spirit of Law by pouring her wisdom in to it. Farore, the Goddess of Courage, created with her rich soul all the lifeforms which would uphold the law.

1 HC:
When the Goddesses leave the world of Hyrule after creating it, a sacred artifact known as the Triforce is left behind. This artifact contained the essences of the powers of the Goddesses.

1000 HC:
The land starts to take shape, and the various races have formed colonies, and the contstructions of various landmarks starts, including Hyrule Castle. The Hylians, who were said to be blessed with the powers of the Gods, established themselves as the most powerful of all the creatures who inhabited the land of Hyrule.

2010 HC:
Ganondorf Dragmire is born in to the Gerudo tribe. Legend has it that a male is born in to the races of the Gerudo only once every 100 years, and that this man is destined to be the leader of the thieves from the desert.

2030 HC (OoT):
Link I (The Hero of Time), a Hylian boy is born, but is taken in under the wings of the Great Deku Tree at the wish of his dying mother. He is raised as a Kokiri, the children of the Deku Tree. At the same time, Princess Zelda I is born in to the Royal Family of Hyrule.

2035 HC (OoT):
Ganondorf and his band of thieves start searching for the entrance to the Sacred Realm, where the Triforce of the Legends is said to be located. He does this in hope that when he lays his hands on the artifact, he will be granted powers beyond mortal comprehension, which he will ultimately use to take over the entire land of Hyrule.

2040 HC (OoT):
Without any luck in his quest so far, Ganondorf gains audience with the King of Hyrule in hope to gain more information on how to open the gates to the Golden Land. The King has no suspicions about Ganondorf's true agenda, but Princess Zelda and Link alike share the same nightmares about this evil man. The Great Deku Tree knows that the fate of Hyrule lies within the hands of Link, and sends him out to retrieve the three magical stones which will open the gates to the Sacred Realm.

Without knowing, Ganondorf follows Link's quest, and when Link opens the gateway to the Sacred Realm, Ganondorf enters it and gets his hands on the Triforce. Link himself enters a seven year slumber orchestraed by an ancient sage, Rauru, because he knows that it is the only way Link can mature enough to possibly fight off Ganondorf and restore peace to Hyrule.

2047 HC (OoT):
Link awakens to find Hyrule overtaken by the evil clutches of Ganondorf, who now holds the Triforce of Power. What he does not know is that the two other pieces of the Triforce, Courage and Wisdom, have been passed on to Link and Princess Zelda respectively, as they are the two people in Hyrule who represent these qualities the most. Link sets out to awaken the the seven sages, because only with the help of their powers can he gain entrance to Ganon's Castle.

During the battle with Link, Ganondorf transforms himself in to a huge, evil pig-like creature. This was the beginning of what seems to have been a gradual transformation from Ganondorf, the man, in to Ganon, the evil creature who would stop at nothing to grant his own wishes. Later, in The Wind Waker, these names were used interchangeably for Ganon(dorf). After a long hard battle Link defeats Ganon, and the seven sages with Princess Zelda as the leader manages to seal Ganon in the Sacred Realm. After the battles are over and peace has been restored to Hyrule, Princess Zelda sends Link back to his own time, so that he would not lose his childhood.

2041 HC (MM):
Done with the battles that made him a Hero in his homeland, Link sets out to find a friend whom he parted ways with when he fulfilled his destiny and became the Hero of Time. Be it be accident or destiny, Link was brought to the land of Termina, a parallel world to Hyrule. Here he met with many familiar faces, though they were not the same people who he had interacted with during his previous quest. In Termina, he quickly discovers that his help is desperately needed, as an evil known as Majora's Mask is bringing the moon down to crush Termina. With time running short, the Hero of Time must once again use his powers to manipulate time on order to awaken the four giants who can stop the moon from falling down.

After a big showdown inside the moon, Link defeats Majora's Mask and saves Termina from destruction. No tale tells the story of what happened to Link I after this, and it is left up to the imagination of the player to figure this out. One thing is for sure however, no new stories about the Hero of Time after this, and it can be assumed that he retreated to a life in peace somewhere, possibly even in Termina with his new-found friends, but it is most likely that we will never know for sure.

2147 HC (TWW):
Somehow the seal of sages that held Ganon trapped within the Sacred Realm is broken. Nobody knows just how this happened, but as this great evil once more threatened the very existence of Hyrule, people started waiting for the return of the Hero of legends who had save the land from this evil before.

2150 HC (TWW):
When the people of Hyrule realized that the Hero would not return to save them from Ganon, they turned to the Gods and prayed for them to vanquish Ganon and restore peace to Hyrule. The Gods responded, possibly angered by the turmoil that was going on, by puring endless amounts of water over Hyrule. Soon, the land of Hyrule was no more, and in its place came a sea, which quickly became known as the Great Sea, and Ganon was buried under this sea together with the land he wanted.

2500 HC (TWW):
Just as quickly as the land of Hyrule was drowned within the depths of the seemingly endless sea, the people forgot all about it, and adapted to their new lifestyles on the mountaintops of Hyrule, which became islands. Only on a certain island known as Outset they remembered the old Kingdom which was now far below the surface upon which they now lived, but it quickly became a mere legend to them as well.

2510 HC (TWW):
Link II, the Hero of Winds was born on Outset Island around the same time as Princess Zelda II was born in to a family of pirates who roamed the Great Sea. It was said that Link II had no relations to the Hero of Time, but Princess Zelda II, who went by the name Tetra, and was captain of the Pirates, was part of the royal bloodline of Hyrule.

2522 HC (TWW):
Ganon, who had been sealed under the ocean together with the Kingdom of Hyrule which he desired to rule over for hundreds of years, becomes active again. It is not known how, but he manages to create a portal from Hyrule to the the Forsaken Fortress which is above the surface of the Great Sea, and he is working in secrecy to find the two remaining pieces of the Triforce, Courage and Wisdom, which he needs to revive the Kingdom of Hyrule for his own evil schemes.

In his quest for the Triforce of Wisdom, he kidnapps young, blonde girls with pointy ears (trademarks of the Princess of Hyrule), and when one of these girls turns out to be Link II's sister, Aryll, Link sets out to save her. During his quest to save his sister, he in colaboration with an ancient King of Hyrule, Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule, uncover Ganon's plans, and they make it their goal to stop Ganon. After a long quest, Link II and Princess Zelda II faces Ganon in battle and defeat him by working together. Peace is again restored to Hyrule and the Great Sea.

2900 HC (ALTTP):
How the Great Sea was drained and the Land of Hyrule once more became full of flourishing life, and how Ganon once more got locked up in the Sacred Realm, is not know, because there is no tale that tells this story. Once can only hope that the newest Legend of Zelda game, which is said to be a sequel to The Wind Waker, and set to be released in late 2005, will explain this to us. Regardless, the Hylian people are once more living in Hyrule, and it is then Link III and Princess Zelda III are born.

2914 HC (ALTTP):
A dark age seems to be approaching Hyrule as monsters are appearing left and right, and there seems to be no stopping these. Out of the blue, the Wizard Agahnim appears and puts and end to all of this, and as a sign of gratitude the King of Hyrule gives him the position as his 1st advisor. Agahnim has evil plans however, as it turns out he is a puppet of Ganon who is working from the Sacred Realm, which has now become the Dark World. Agahnim overthrows the King, and puts all of Hyrule's soldiers under his spell, while he works to sacrifice the seven maidens who are descendants of the sages who created the barrier which seals Ganon in the Dark World, as that is the only way the barrier can be broken.

Princess Zelda pleads for Link's help telepathically, and Link sets out on a quest to stop Ganon. After a long hard journey he is able to defeat Ganon and get the Triforce back. Link then uses the mystical powers of the Triforce to return everything in Hyrule back to normal.

2916 HC (OOA & OOS):
Evil is brewing in lands far away from Hyrule, and the Triforce calls upon Link to fight this evil. As he progresses in the lands of Holodrum and Labrynna, he discovers that the puppetmaster(s) behind this threat is Twinrova, Ganon's surrogate mothers from, who are trying to revive Ganon. As Link fights his way through the evil which is threatening these lands he meets up with the three Oracles, Din, Farore and Nayru, from whom he gets the help needed to take on the evil Twinrova and ultimately Ganon.

PS: At the end of the Oracle games when Link meets Princess Zelda, it seems to be the first time they meet. We have no rational explanation to this inconcistency, and it is something that flaws our theory of the placement of the Oracle games. Regardless we have decided that placing them in between ALTTP and LA is where it makes most sense, despite of this inconsitency in the theory.

2916 HC (LA):
On his way back to Hyrule, Link gets shipwrecked and ends up on the mysterious island of Koholint, where he has to awaken the Windfish. Throughout this quest he meets up with many familiar friends and foes, and the fact that the island disappears once he awakens the Windfish, makes many think that this was just a dream. Nobody knows for sure . . .

3540 HC:
Princess Zelda IV is born in the North Castle in Hyrule.

3550 HC:
One of the great kings of Hyrule hides the Triforce of Courage, and his son, a Prince of Hyrule, desires it greatly, but does not know its whereabouts. When an evil Wizard tells him that his younger sister, Princess Zelda knows its location, but refuses to tell him, the Prince is so upset that in his rage he with the help of the Wizard puts his sister in to a deep slumber from which she may never awaken. In his grief after realizing what he has done, the Prince places Zelda in an alter in North Castle and puts down a law which says that every Princess born in Hyrule after this must be named Zelda.

3845 HC (LoZ):
The evil wizard Ganon reappears in Hyrule and manages to steal the Triforce of Power. He takes over the underworld of Hyrule, and uses Death Mountain as his headquarters. As a result of Ganon's reappearance and increase of power, monsters start to appear in Hyrule.

Link IV and Princess Zelda V are born.

3860 HC (LoZ):
Princess Zelda V inherits the Triforce of Wisdom, but fearing that Ganon will try to steal it she shatters it in to eight pieces which she hides throughout Hyrule. Then she sends Princess Impa out to look for a hero who can save Hyrule from the clutches of Ganon, after which Zelda is taken prisoner by Ganon himself. When Impa meets Link she is convinced that he is the hero that will save both Hyrule and Princess Zelda, and he sets out a quest which ends in success.

3862 HC (AoL):
Link discovers the mark of the Triforce on his hand, and Impa tells him that this means he is the one destined to awaken Zelda IV from her eternal slumber, and Link sets out and completes this quest.

All Original Content © Copyright, 2001 - 2005, Zelda Universe

Shigeru Miyamoto, the creator of the Zelda series, did state a timeline in an interview with Nintendo Power some time before the release of Ocarina of Time, and it went like this:

" Ocarina of Time is the first story, then the original Legend of Zelda, then Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, and finally A Link to the Past. It's not very clear where Link's Awakening fits in--it could be anytime after Ocarina of Time. "

His theory is of course very outdated, and the fact that he never defended his theory with any sort of facts of evidence is often considered to be proof that this was just in fact something he threw out in the open without giving it much thought. However some theorists base their theories around this statement even today.

The lack of proof is what makes the Zelda timeline shrouded in so much proof. We can not rely on big official proof all the time, because there is hardly any of it at the moment. Its more opinion-based. There is so many tweaks and touches in each and everyone of the Zelda games, we can find tonns of references to previous Zelda games.

Here is my theory of how the game Ocarina of Time, and the Wind Waker connect together. I have expressed it through a story, that is split into parts.

Part One: The beginning.

Link rode away from termina hoping to find his friend he had been searching for, Navi. Epona suddenly stumbled into a hole in some tall grass, followed by Link. They hit the floor with such an impact it knocked them out. As they woke up, they found they were lying in the lost woods, with Wolfos clawing at them. Link jumped up and snaped out his Gilded sword, the wolfos wimpered and ran away. Link looked behind him to see that Epona had vanished.
"EEEAAAA!" Screamed Link, "not again." He thought. Link rushed out of the Lost Woods, atleast that was what he planned. He soon found that he was Lost. Link looked down at his hands, leaves were rapidly growing out of them. He felt his face become dark and his eyes glow. He knew what had happened straight away. He was a lost Kid! He was a Skull Kid! He became blind, all he could see was a blip in the distance and a faint echoey giggle. As the blip came closer he saw what it was, the Majoras Mask circling towards him. Then it stopped a few feet away from Link, and the Skull Kid appeared; legs crossed, wearing the Majoras Mask. "Your Cursed" he whispered while silently laughing to himself. "Hyrules doom has finnaly come, and I'm involved in it! And theres nothing you can do about it! You and your friends will drown in darkness... your time is over!"

Link Landed in a place with gigantic stems climbing up to the sky. There was leaves convieniently placed on the stems so you could easily climb them. Link noticed that all his equipment had gone. He became fiercly angry, with the skull Kid. Thankfully, he noticed he still had the Ocarina of Time in his pocket. Link dashed forward and scrambled up the giant stem. He climbed and climbed untill he found a small hut nestled comfortably atop a leaf. Link rushed into the house, desperate to find some answers. Where was he? How did he get here? What has just happened? Was he even in Hyrule?. As Link barged in he saw a Kokiri sitting down at the table. But he didn't look right. Link hadn't remembered kokires to have spinning twig like things sprouting from his head. The kokiri swung around startled.
"AAAAAA!" Link shrieked! The kokiris face looked green, mangeled and deformed. It shrieked abnormally! "Somethings happening to us! Where changing!" said the Kokiri, it burst into tears and shoved Link out of the hut.
"Take this, and go away!" The Kokiri threw a Deku Leaf at him.
"What has happened?" surely i've only been gone for three days. Link looked down at him self;
"EEEEEEAAAAAAA!" Link cried. Link was an Adult. He flipped onto a lower leaf, then leaped to the next on a higher stem. Using the Deku leaf he wafted air onto a hut; blowing away the cobwebs blocking the entrance way. He rushed into the hut; but no-one was there. He tried the hut to his left; no-one was there. Link became frustrated, he needed some answers.
"Hey!" shouted a familier voice "Over here! You, who are you?!"
Link leaped to the floor, landing in a roll. It was Navi!...

End Of Part 1.

Part 2: First Dungeon.

"Link! Something strange is happenning." Cried Navi, boinging up and down franticly. "Where have you been? You went into the Lost Woods and haven't come out for ages! You have to help! The atmosphere is getting... damp. Something strange is happening to us, we seem to be suffocating. Hasn't it happened to you? My glow is dimming, I'm scared! Sorry, I've got to stop panicing. Lets go to the New Deku Tree, he seems to be growing abnormally fast! He's bigger than the old Deku Tree!"

Link rushed off followed by Navi, "This Way! This WAY!" Shouted Navi. She Whizzed down a thin tunnel. Link desperatly followed her but was stopped by a Deku Baba, who drilled up from the soft earth. Even the Deku Babas were Different, instead of puffing purple smoke at Link they drooled purple saliva. They looked weak, so Link just doged past them. As he stumbled out of the tunnel he was greeted with a massive tree, towering up to the sky. But it looked withred and ill.
"Great Deku Tree!" Navi's voice echoed against the leaves blocking the sunlight. "Link is here! He can Save us!... right?"
"Link! We..have prayed...to the gods, for... your... arrival!" croaked the Deku Tree with great difficulty. "I...don't think...I... can go on...m...uch... longer."
"Is there anything we can do?" Pleaded Navi.
"No."
"No?! There must be!
"M-y... t-i-m-e... i...s...up. Our...time is up."
"What! This can't be right! Is this change natural? Was this meant to happen?"
"..."
"Deku Tree!"
"..."
"DEKU TREE?!"
"G-o-o-d-b-y-e...Navi...Link..."
"GREAT DEKU TREE!! NOOOOOO!!"

The Deku Tree creaked open its mouth, slightly.
"I'm not going to let this happen! Lets go inside!" Screeched Navi.
"EEEEAAAA!" Screamed Link, shaking is head.
But Link had no choice, so he rushed inside... unarmed.

"Hey! Link! You know that Deku Leaf you have? You can use it to float across gaps, its a new invention from the 'know it all Brothers'. I don't know how you got it but theres no time to catch up. Lets float across the gap!" Navi said, carlming herself down.
"Hmph." Said Link, taking a deep breath and nodding confidently.
Link tiptoed to the edge and leaned down. It was a bottomles pit, he couldn't see any signs of a floor. Link was a bit unsure about if the Deku Leaf would work, but he trusted Navi. He stepped back then dashed off of the edge. He wafted his Deku Leaf up into the air like a parashoot, he felt gusts of wind from the bottomless pit keeping Link up. He landed safely at the other side with a roll.
"Stop! You! Who are you?!" A familiar voice echoed through the large room. The person jumped in from a crack in the Deku Tree. It was Mido!
"Link! What are you doing here? You Fake!" he shouted with anger.
"You are a Hylian not a Kokiri! I knew it all along! Get out of here you non-Kokiri! We don't want your kind around here!"
"Stop it Mido! Your blocking our way!" Cried Navi, in rage.
"Shut up! You flying Rat! I'm not blocking your way! I'm saving the Deku Tree! I know what your trying to do Link! Your trying to Kill the Deku Tree again!"
"He is not! "Screeched Navi.
"Get out of my sight!" Mido shouted, he shoved Link of the edge, into the bottomless pit.
"Link!!!... You idiot Mido!" Navi zoomed down the pit after him. Mido tried to throw his Sword at Navi, but she dogged and it fell down the pit.

"iiiteee!" Link slammed down onto the floor, followed by Navi.
"Looks like the pit wasn't bottomless after all." Said Navi.
"Watch out!" Midos sword darted, point first into the ground.
"The Kokiri Sword! Finnaly you've got a weapon Link!" Shouted Navi.
Link pulled it out of the damp ground, with a big smile on his face.
"Lets get going Link! Somethings bothering the Great Deku Tree, and it must be down here, in the roots!" Said Navi impatiently.
Link nodded, and ran off. A Deku Baba popped up right next to Link, screeching at him.
"EEEYAAA!" Link sliced of its slimy tounge then slashed up its stem.
"Oh yes! You've still got it Link!" Shouted Navi. Link rolled his eyes. Suddenly dirt clouds blasted up from the ground and hundreds of Deku Babas blasted up.
"AAAAAAA!" Screamed Link. The Deku Babas drooled all over him; waggling there heads around, and around. Link jumped up and slammed his sword down on a group of Deku Babas. He spun his sword around knocking them into each other.
"Hyaa! shhaaaa! EEEAAAAA!" Screamed Link. The Deku Babas were tumbling into each other, there were loud screeching noises and clouds of dust. Purple Dust, the Deku Babas seemed to have dissolved into clouds of Dust.
"It seems the Monsters are changing too, we seem to be evolving at an abnormally fast pace." Said Navi. A Deku Shield was left lying on the floor, Link quickly picked it up and strapped it to his back.
"Yes now you've got you shield! You should be equipped enough for the moment." shouted Navi happily. Link ran across the large room and slashed away at some spiky vines blocking the way. He entered a room with holes everywhere, there was a giant moth like creature hovering in the air. Link jumped up and stabbed it in the eye, green blood sprayed out of it and it fainted onto the floor. Link had to elliminate all the creatures inside the Deku Tree, he knew that is why he had become ill. The giant moth sprayed a gigantic amount of moth balls onto the floor. Link knew that they were its eggs, he couldn't let them hatch. He noticed that in all of the holes on the floor, there was a switch deep in them. The moth balls would be a prime object to put on them. Link tried to pick them up, but it made his hands bleed. So he snapped out his Deku Leaf and wafted it on the moth balls, blowing it onto the switches. The Moth balls were violently vibrating, they could hatch any moment. Suddenly a barred door struck open, Link dashed to it and opened it just as the eggs hatched. He heard the barred doors slam behind him. The room Link was in was incredibly dark, he couldn't see a thing. Link slowly stepped forward, he found he was walking in a shallow pool of water. Suddenly, galleons of water splashed up into his face and the room illuminated into a purple glow. He saw a giant eye piercing through him. It was Ghoma, reborn! This time he had hundreds of legs and there were vines coming out of its head, and sticking onto the roof. Link drew his sword as he flipped over a vine that thrashed at him. Ghoma started to cough violently, he wheezed up a boomerang! It seemed way more high-tech than before. Link snatched it up from the floor and lobbed it at the vines, it spinned at an incredible pace, and one by one knocked the vines of the roof. The beast seemed to open up, with water spraying up like an upside down waterfall. Its eye sat there watching him with a scared look in it. Link ran forward and struck it with immense power, the whole monster flapped up and burst into a fountain of water. The room became dark again, and fell abnormally silent. A shinning circle of light appeared, and he heard someone spluttering within it. It was Mido! His face was green and his legs were short and round. The water was suffocating him, even though only his legs were in it. Link and Navi went over to him,
"Get me out of here!" Cried Mido. The ring of light shined deeply and Link, Navi and Mido warped out of the Deku Tree. They landed in front of him, he didn't look ill but he looked concerned.
"Deku Tree! We have destroyed the monster at your roots! We've saved you!" Shouted Navi.
"It was a waste of time." Said the Deku Tree. "Yes, I am cured. But I would have become better naturally. Ghoma is a germ that will forever live inside us Deku trees. No matter how many times you kill it, it will always come back, worse than ever. It is best to leave it alone, sometimes it will bother me. Other times it will be leave me alone. Now, my Ghoma will only come back worse than ever. Right now it may have spread its eggs, across the land. In thousands and thousands of years they will hatch, and bother other creatures. You have made a foolish mistake."
"We apologize Deku Tree. We meant no harm, we thought you was going to die!" Cried Navi.
"I fogive you. I will probably live for years and years, but I dread the day that Ghoma returns..." said the Deku tree Sadly.
Mido stepped forward, he was coughing and weezing. "Deku Tree! Something is happening to me! I'm small and green!" He said.
"I am sorry young Mido, there is nothing I can do about that. Something is happening in Hyrule that will change our lives forever. And I am counting on Link and Navi to get to the bottom of it." Replied the Deku Tree.
"We will! Deku Tree!" Said Navi enthusiasticly.
"And Mido," Continued the Deku Tree. "Tell everyone that the Lost Woods is forbidden, no-one can go in there. Recently it has become infested with monsters. The lost Woods will now be called the Forbidden Forest."
"Yes Sir!" Said Mido, and he dashed of.
"Finnaly, that sword and shield you have Link, is way too small for you. I have your Hylian Shield and a sword big enough for you." Droned the Deku Tree. He shook his branches and a sword and the Hylian shield came flying down. Link caught the sword by the handle, it wasn't nearly as good as the Master Sword. The Hylian Shield looked a bit tattered and rusted, but it would do.
"Thanks a lot Deku Tree!" Shouted Navi
"Your welcome, I made the sword my self... I can move my branches with skill!" Replied the Deku Tree. "Now, hurry! Go into Hyrule Field, your Destiny will lead you to the next destination."
Link and Navi rushed off.

Whew! End of part 2

Part 3: Who's That?!

Link and Navi darted out of Kokiri Forest, they noticed the air was definatly thickening up. They ran across the rickety bridge and entered Hyrule Field. Even the grass of the field was damp and Link was getting worried.
"Whats that!?" Said Navi. Link notived some wet drips on the ground. Like someone with wet feet had ran across the grass.
"Lets follow those footprints!" Gasped Navi. Link followed the Footprints, after a few meters of walking, the footprints stopped. Link slowly lifted his head up.
"WHOS THAT?! YOU?" Shouted Navi. A dark figure of Link was standing right in front of them.
"SHEEEAHHH!" Cried the dark figure, it swung his sword at Link.
"Dark Link! Its Dark Link! From the Water Temple!" Shouted Navi. Link drew his sword ready to fight him, but Dark Link rushed of leaving wet footprints.
"Lets chase him Link!" Cried Navi. They chased Dark Link franticly. He seemed to be heading towards Lake Hylia. But Dark Link was too fast! Link whipped out his Ocarina and played Epona's Song. Epona galloped along towards Link with the Wind in her hair. Link clambered upon her and galloped after Dark Link. Epona leaped over the fence and continued towards Lake Hylia. She rushed down towards the Lake kicking up dirt as she went. Dark Link leaped up into the sky flipping towards the water.
"EEEEAAAAAA!" Link threw his boomerang at him, but he knoked it straight back, hitting Link and blasting him off his horse.
"Damm, we Lost him!" Navi Cursed.
"Ugh." Link forced himself up from the floor.
"C'mon Link!" Said Navi impatiently. "The Deku Tree said that your destiny will lead you to the next place, and Dark Link has led you to Lake Hylia! Lets go see the Zoras."
Link dived into the lake and swam into a hole leading into Zoras Fountain. He swam to the surface, and nearly fainted from the heat! The atmosphere was damp and incredibly thick. The heat was unbearable, Link scrambled out of the water and crawled onto an island. There were Zoras lying on the island groaning.
"Help...us" Croaked one Zora.
"The... heat... its, its... killing us!" Said another Zora.
"Lets go see King Zora." Said Navi, "We'll get some answers from him!"
Link jumped at the ladder leading up to the cliff, desperatly trying to NOT touch the scolding hot water.
He scrambled up the cliffs and came face to face to King Zora himself.
"King Zora!" Shouted Navi. "What is happening here? Link is here so he should be able to help. Right?"
"Link you arrival is present, the Gods granted my wish!" Said King Zora, wafting himself via a giant fish. "Only a few weeks a go, the ice melted and turned into a boiling death trap! I don't know whats happening, but us Zoras can't stand this heat! Ever since Lord Jabbu Jabbu was destroyed by the evil King, things are just going from bad to worse!"
"There changing due to the atmosphere too." Muttered Navi to Link.
"Link, the Hero Of Time! You must help us." Cried the King Zora nearly fainting from the heat.
"Lets check out the lake round the back." Said Navi.

Link stumbled up to the King.
"I allow you to pass into Lord Jabbu Jabbus sacred spot." Said the King in a mighty voice.
"Thank you, your highness" replied Navi.
She and Navi rushed past King Zora into Jabbu Jabbu's 'sacred spot'.
"Link! Look at this!" Cried Navi. A stone podium was stuck firmly into the ground, replacing Jabbu Jabbu's spot.
"Look! There some words carved into it!" Shouted Navi. Link peered at the old stone, it read:

When the 'Fish People' go through there transformation.
It is the time for the creature to appear.
Ye who wields the Sacred Sword must awaken Valoo who will be the Zoras new guardian.
Jabbu Jabbu the guardian of water, swim' and the Zora's.
Valoo the guardian of fire, flight and the Rito's.

"Valoo? Rito's? Guardian of fire and flight? What does it all MEAN." Said Navi, Confused.
Suddenly, King Zora came plodding up behind them.
"So, you've spotted the stone that has appeared." He said "I, like you, do not understand it. But thats not important, what's important is what Link must do."
"Annndddd... whats that?" Said Navi, desperatly wanting him to continue.
"Well, obviously it is Link who 'wields the sacred sword'. Therefore he must awaken Valoo, quickley. It seems we are an in-dangered species, but only because we will turn into another form soon." Replied King Zora.
"Yes, we guessed that." Said Navi.
"But, Valoo must help us do that, that is why Link must awaken him. He will be our new 'Jabbu Jabbu'" Said King Zora with an impatient look.
"Noooowwwww I understand. You; the Zoras. Are going to change into the Rito's" Said Navi relieved.
"Yes, you are rather slow Navi"
"Hey!"
"Now, enough chit-chat. I suggest going to the ice cavern, although I'd call it the fire cavern now!" King Zora chuckled annoingly, then put his cerious face on again. "Now, go! Us Zora's feel like were dying!"
Link and Navi dived into the water, the temperature seemed just about right. They swam across the lake and dragged themselves out of the water to the entrance of Ice Cavern...
Link's foot made a crunching noise as he set foot on some, hard, thick snow. He continued forward and noticed that the snow was getting thinner as he went. It seemed to be melting, and it wasn't cold at all it was getting really warm.
"AAAWWWWWOOO!" A howl came from under the snow and a white wolfos popped up. It swiped at him fiercely as Link drew his sword. The wolfos flipped up and over Link and scratched at his legs. But Link did a backflip dodging it, landing behind it and then stabbing it in the back. "OOOWWW" Cried the White Wolfos, it dissolved into dust leaving a chest behind it. Link stepped forward and kicked it open, he peered inside to find... a blue ruppee! Link's face fell. He took it and tropped it in his Ruppee bag. He continued through the thin icy tunnel.
"It's another one of them stone podiums" Said Navi. The stone podium lay there stuck in the snow against the dead end. Again, there were carvings on it. It read:

Ye who holds mystical sound.
That is the guardian of time.
Must now hold the sacred Conduction.
That is the guardian of wind.

When there is a meeting,
it is followed by a parting.

There was an Ocarina shaped hole in the top of the podium.
"You know what you have to do." said Navi in a stern voice.
Link nodded and placed the Ocarina Of Time into the stone. A blast of light filled up the tunnel blinding Link and Navi.
"EEEAAAAA!" Screamed Link. The light dimmed down and Link heard something drop out of the bottom of the stone. A small white baton was hidden in the snow, Link slowly picked it up and examined it. Suddenly, the stone podium swung round to reveal more carvings in it. It read:

Now the Wind Waker is in the right hand's.
I't is the key to open the future path.
The key hole lies below.

Carved below the sacred stone was a melody, the Wind Waker started to humm magicly. Like power was brewing within it. Link waved it about following the melody, a deep powerful tune was conducted from nowhere. Link and Navi felt gust's of wind swoop up from the ground, the breeze seemed soft and harmless then it got more powerfull snapping the wall in front of them in two. It opened a path that seemed rocky and hot.
"Wow!" Shouted Navi. "That baton is powerful! Let's go!"
Link pattered into the rock tunnel and entered a gigantic chasm, with red hot lava at the bottom. Suddenly the roof above them broke and King Zora fell down from it, luckily his fat arse made a soft landing.
"I've forgot to give you something" He said. "This is a new invention from the know-it-all brothers in Kokiri Forest. We have improved on it, it is used to fly across gap's. I't has become the latest fashion among us Zora's. As we seemed to have become very fond of height's, as were going of water."
"Thank you." Replied Navi. "But, what is it?"
"I'ts a Grapple Hook. You see that pointy rock hanging from the roof? Loop it across that and swing acoss the chasm." Said King Zora
"Are you joking!?" Cried Navi.
King Zora ignored her, "I'm sure you have the gut's to do it Link." He said smiling at him.
Navi boinged up and down angrily.
"Well," Continued King Zora "I've dropped into here and I don't seem to be able to get out of here... so... I'll have to swing across with you."
"YOU'RE NOT SERIOUS!? YOU'LL SNAP THE ROPE!" Screamed Navi.
"Shut up! Flying Rat!" Shouted King Zora.
"WHY DOES EVERYONE CALL ME THAT!!"
"You've been called it two times, Navi"
"HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT!?"
"Mido's spread what happened and now it's an official nickname." Said King Zora chuckling
"WHAT!?"
Link stood there impatiently, as the argument went on he whipped out the grapple hook and chucked it at the pointy rock. The Grapple Hook wrapped around it tightly, it looked very secure. Taking a deep breath, he stepped to the edge of the cliff.
"EEEAAA!" He leaped of hanging tightly to the rope. King Zora and Navi swung there head's around.
"Wait for me!" Cried King Zora.
Link landed safely on the other side, a gigantic cobweb was in front of him. Link pulled out his sword and slashed a little hole in the web so he could walk through it.
"Wait, Link! Pass us the rope!" Shouted King Zora
"Correction," Said Navi. "I think you meant; 'pass ME the rope!'" Navi gracefully floated across the chasm and giggled at King Zora.
"WTF!? You can't do this! PASS ME THE ROPE!!" Screamed King Zora panaking.
"Correction," Continued Navi. "I think you meant; "Pass the rope to me, a FAT BLOB who will snap it!"
"Why you... stupid... stupid... THING! YOUR JUST SO... RAT LIKE. PASS ME THE ROPE OR I WILL BE STUCK IN HERE FOREVER!" Cried King Zora bouncing up and down. But Navi and Link had already gone.
"Stupid... elf! and his stupid pet rat!" He mumbled to himself. King Zora looked around helplessly, he waddled over to the edge and looked down into the chasm.
"Theres nothing else I can do... yes, its my destiny... to jump. Surely my 'erm, destiny will save me somehow! Yes, yes... it must do. I must jump!" Taking a deep breath he took a step back and threw himself of the ledge! He fell down into the chasm, wind was rushing up from within it. It all went black, he was falling deep into the chasm. He could make out a red dot, he was falling towards it. The red dot was a hole, with lava at the bottom. I't got bigger and bigger untill he could feel the heat burning on his face.
"King Zora!?" he could hear Navi shouting. Then a gigantic mouth opened in front of him and he fell in it!
"Link!" Said Navi. "We have to carlm Valoo down! Remeber, we can't kill it we just have to get it out of this horrid cavern!"
Valoo was shaking it's head around, it put on a disgusted face and coughed King Zora out.
He landed on top of Navi, his fat arse made a soft landing as usual.
"(Splutter) (splutter) Link!" Said King Zora rolling around, "The wind should carlm it down and make it open it's wing's up. (Cough) (cough) You must do something!"
Valoo blasted out a tube of flame at Link and drilled its teeth into the ground as Link dodged it. It's teeth seemed to be stuck on the ground, it's head was low enough to jump on. Link flipped up there, "Come on!" He shouted. King Zora waddled up onto the head followed by Navi. Link whipped out the Wind Waker and waved it about, magic filled the room and powerfull wind came rushing in from the floor. It blew Valoo's head out of the ground and lifted up it's wing's. It roared violently making it's head shake about, Link, navi and King Zora hung on desperatly to it's scales. Valoo flew up out of the room, it flew to the top of the chasm and smashed open the cavern roof soaring into the sky.
"Yes! We awakened it!" Said Navi "The Zora's are saved!"
Valoo landed safely at Jabbu Jabbu's spot. Link, Navi and King Zora hopped off.
"So, this is our new guardian." Said King Zora "Not too shabby."
"Well, I guess our work is done here." Said Navi, "We'll be off"
Link and Navi ran off.
"Wait!" Said King Zora "Valoo wants to say something!"
Link turned around.
"Go to the Temple of Time." It said "Speak to the Gods, they will help you. And take this."
It coughed out a blue orb. "Show this to the Gods."
"Thank you." Said Navi. "We'll go straight away."

End of Part 3.

Part 4 Dark Links true identity

WARNING: This part in the strory contains strong violence and gore.

Link and Navi swam up to the surface of Lake Hylia. They ran onto the grass.
"Right, let's go to the temple of time" Said Navi.
"EEEAAA!" Avoice shrieked behind them, it was Dark Link.
Link drew his sword ready to fight, but Dark Link flew a way on to a island.
He taunted Link, sitting atop a tall tree. Link dived into the water and rapidly swam over to the island, all the while avoiding incoming fish bashing into his face. He pulled himself up to the island gasping for air. Dark Link jumped down from the tree and thrust his shadowy sword at Links eye. Link backed away and drew his sword for the second time, he slashed at his feet and swiped at his hat but Dark Link seemed to quick for him. The two swords struck violently as thunder struck and thick icy rain were pulled down only towards Link. Dark Link was mirroring everything Link was doing for a frustrating hour. Suddenly, Dark Link screeched into the sky, suddenly the moon glowed red and seemed to let out a gravity that pulled everything towards it. The tall trees root peeled from the ground and it flew up towards the moon. While Link stared up at the moon in awe Dark Link kicked him into Lake Hylia. Link quickly came up and felt himself raising, the water was going up to the moon, getting deeper and deeper as it went. Link sunk underwater and dropped down to the bed slowly. He was losing his breath, he didn't seem to have the strengh to swim up. He galanced up to the waters surface and saw the moon threw it. It was glowing a bloody red making his eyes sting with an unknown evil. Links face twisted with pain and his eyes were bulging out of his face. He heard strange distant whispers,
"This is the end, of the hero. That saved the two parrarel worlds. But there is a third,(that is hinting on the new Zelda game) and it is your journey to get there! But not as you, its the end for you! HA HA HA HA HA!"
The moon finnaly stopped glowing and his deformed face flopped back to normal. The water was extreemely high now he could see Hyrule Field underneath the waves below him. He couldn't keep himself up anymore, and he sunk slowly underwater. Link was losing his breath fast, he knew he was going to die but there was nothing he could do about it. Suddenly he felt the wind drive right through him. It circled around him like a tornado and... and... all went white. Links screams echoed creepily though the never ending whiteness. Then- a blue glowing light turned the white to a blue, and Link saw the Ocarina Of Time floating before him. A deep, sacred voice boomed through the un-excisting walls. It said:
"Link, I am contacting you through the Ocarina Of Time. It is I- Rauru. The sage of time. The Ocarina Of Time will aid you one last time, you are not meant to die here. I and The Ocarina Of Time will work together to fix the intended flow of time."

The Whiteness faded away, and Link was left lying on the sea bed- not breathing- but still living. Everything went hazy and he started to float up to the surface- the water started to drain. Time was rewinding itself! He was going Back In time! He stared in disbelief as he saw thew last few minutes of his life unwind itself. The water went back to its normal level.
Dark Link came back and time stopped rewinding itself in the middle of the fight between Link and Dark Link. He started to scream as before but this time Link sliced his sword at his mouth, busting up his purple lips and making him cough up blood. Link continued to attack him and Dark Link fell to the floor, with the Links sword drilled into his chest. Suddenly, Dark Link flew up into the air blocking out the moonlight. He did that scream again. Link realised it was a familiar one. Dark Link started shaking violently, and once he had shooken the fastest possible- he burst into a shower of light. Link became blinded for a moment and when the light faded away, the Skull Kid was left floating there- giving him a peircing stare.
"The Skull Kd!" Cried Navi. He flew up towards the moon leaving these words- whispering in Links ear.
"The Majoras Mask holds more evil than you know. And it is that, that will be the death of you! Mwa ha ha ha!"

Link stumbled to the floor, the darkness of the night sky swallowing him- haunting him.

End of Part 4

Part 5: The Tower Of the Gods

"Link! Link!" Shouted Navi "Link wake up!"

Link sat up and rubbed his eyes.
"You just fell unconciosus!" Continued Navi "C' mon! We have to go."
Link nodded his head and jumped to his feet. Navi zipped of and Link followed closely behind.
"Were going to the Temple Of Time - where Valoo told us to go!" Shouted Navi back at Link.

Once at Hyrule Market, a strange man stopped them in there tracks.
"Stop! You! Forest Boy!" He cried "I have something for you, this."
The man handed him a green orb. "I am the Great Deku Trees messanger - Rito. He gave me this to hand to you. I don't know why he wants you to have it, but he said you will be happy to see it!"
"Why thank you!" Said Navi
"Well, I best be going now, my work here is done." With that the messanger dashed off at an amazing speed.
"Link!" Navi said to Link "You know Valloo said to show this blue orb to the gods. Well, we probably have to show the green orb to the Gods too! Lets go!"
They scampered up to the Temple Of Time and entered the sacred doors. The Door of Time was open in front of them. But how? When he had gone back in time after banishing Ganon to the evil realm he hadn't opened the Door of Time again. He slowly walked through the doors. Only a few steps into the sacred room, the Master Sword glowed a blue light and struck itself out of the pedestal. It swung over to Link and he quickly caught it in his grasp. Then, the orbs flew out of Links tunic and swirled around in the air. They burst into a blast of light and the whole room boomed with a heavenly voice.

"Link, the chosen one! Your final test has come!" the voice boomed into his ears almost lifting him off the floor. "We are the gods. We rest in the Tower Of the Gods. That tower lies magnificently above Hyrule, now it is invisible to the naked eye. We have bad news.
Ganon, the evil king... has... broken out of the evil realm. He is looking for Zelda and you, he wants your triforce power so he can rule the world!"

"What!?" Cried Navi "Link! Show them the orbs!" He held the orbs high into the sky.
"The orbs. I see you have them, they are only hope. All we can say is... keep them safe."
The roaring voices of the Gods faded away and Link and Navi were left in complete silence.

End of Part 5

Part 6: ????

Link heard footsteps walk into the large room he was standing him. He swerved around to see who it was. A plump man wearing a red cloak and a crown walked in with a stern look on his face.

"I, am the King Of Hyrule." He said solemly. "My world - Hyrule - is dying. There is only one thing I can do now. Give me the orbs!"

Link stepped back curiously.
"Give him the orbs Link!" Whispered Navi into Links ear.
Taking a deep breath, he threw the orbs into the kings clutches.
"Thank you" Said the King. He raised his arms into the air "Sorry, Link. Sorry, Zelda. Sorry... everyone. But, this is my last choice."

He threw the orbs into the air, they swirled around faster and faster.
"Halt!" A fammiliar voice came from behind them. Link slowly turned the other way "No, It can't be him." he thought. There, standing in front of them was... Ganon. His long cape ripped with blood on it, and a sneer on his green face. Laughing at them like they were poor, pathetic bugs stranded under someones boot.
"You have gone to far, Hero of Time" He mimmicked the title.
Link drew his sword angrily. The orbs were still spinning rapidly, getting faster and faster every second. The orbs started to spin slower, untill they stopped altogether - and fell to the floor.
"Ha ha ha! Stop playing with those toys and fight me!" Ganons evil voice echoed through the room. Damaging the sacred walls.
"You can do it Link!" Shouted Navi "Kill the freak once and for all!" Navi flew up and down in anger.
"Shut up you annoying little bug!" Shouted Ganon.
"Oh no! Your not stopping me this time! This time I'm helping Link!"
"Ha... ha... ha." Muttered out Ganondorf. He raised his long black sword and struck it down on top of Navi. She couldn't dodge, and she fell to the floor in two pieces. Dead.
Link started shaking with anger. A tear trickled down his cheek. The King of Hyrule just stood behind him, still, waiting for something.
"Well come on Link! Attack me! Don't just stand there!" Link was shaking, gripping his Master Sword so tight his hands were going red.
"Come on! Attack! Attack!" Continued Ganondorf
"EEEEEEEEYAAAAAAAA!" Link cried! He struck Ganon with the Master Sword so hard, Ganon flew into the walls. Link pointed the Master Sword down towards Ganons eye. But before he could strike. The orbs burst open and water spilt from within them, a rumbling shook the whole temple. While Link was looking around confused, Ganon knocked him away. He floated over to Link lying on the floor.
"Bye, Hero of Time." Ganondorf cackled. The Black sword struck down into Link.
"Nooooooo!" Cried the King. "What have you done Ganon! Hes dead!"

The roof blasted open and water engulfed Ganon, the King, and the remains of Link and Navi. Hyrule became flooded, Death mountain was pulled from the earth and floated up to the surface of the water. Kokiri forest and the lost woods floated up to the surface. Everything else, was destroyed.
Hyrule drowened, and over time became forgotten.

Part 7 Warning: This part contains SPOILERS.

What became of the Hero of Time? He was saved by the wind. The wind had picked up his soul and traveled the sky for years on end.

10000 years into the future, Hyrulians had made a new way of life atop the sea. Living on islands scattered across the water they called, the Great Sea. A certain boy was born on a small island - Outset Island. The Hero of Times soul, having been carryed by the winds for thousands of years was blown into the destined child. The child whom, would grow to be The Hero of Winds and smite Ganon as the Hero of Time had done so many times before.

But, what about the ledgendary princess - Zelda? She was drowned, but soul was saved by the wind as Link was. A young pirate girl was gifted with the one and only Zeldas soul.

The King Of Hyrule, who lived forever. Kept the Wind Waker safe, waiting to give it to the next reincarnation of, Link. The one and only Hero.

The End
Last Edited by iEye; 07-24-2005 at 02:40 PM. Reason:
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2005, 02:41 PM
Our Reunion...
Send a message via ICQ to Bubs Send a message via AIM to Bubs Send a message via Yahoo to Bubs
View Posts: 491
Re: The Zelda Timeline Thread.

How's this? I found it on IGN and I think it's pretty good...
Attached Files
File Type: doc zelda1.doc (30.5 KB, 52 views)
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2005, 02:45 PM
the WORLD.
Send a message via AIM to Big One Send a message via Yahoo to Big One
View Posts: 6,119

Here is my theory. I call it the "LG (Lord Ganon) Multiple Timeline Theory."

(YLT)/////-MM----TP-------------------------------------------------------------(OoS or OoA)
///////Oot
(ALT)////-------------TWW-LA----ALttP----MC-FS-FSA-----LOZ-AOL------(OoS or OoA)
///////////l100 yearsl

Key:
YLT - Young Link Timeline
ALT - Adult Link Timeline

If you want to ask me about it, then just ask. I will give you a full explaination on why I put all of those Zelda games in those place.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2005, 03:03 PM
Forever breaking the fourth wall
View Posts: 1,685

OoT
MM

ALttP
LA

TMC
FS
FSA

LoZ
AoL

WW

That's what i think. I still say Wind Waker comes last. In all fairness, if it doesn't, the whole zelda chronicles is pretty rubbish.
As for what i think about the multiple timeline theory...forget about it! Every zelda game is based in the timeline that link went back to at the end od OoT. There's no point making the whole thing too complicated. I bet the boys at the Big N are saying the same thing.

Thanks to Kynnella for the sig.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2005, 03:10 PM
the WORLD.

That's not what Eiji Aonuma says.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2005, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ganon
That's not what Aonuma says.
They haven't tried to piece together the timeline yet. Aonuma did state that there's some confusion over the "multiple timeline" that was created at the end of OoT. I guarantee that when they get around to making an official timeline (if ever), they'll try to make it as simplified as possible by only sticking with one timeline (the one that actually matters, the young link one.)
I totally understand what you're saying and it's clear that you really did think about it. But you must agree that it's far too complicated and only the "major" zelda fans are going to be able to decipher it.

#7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2005, 03:22 PM
the WORLD.

I understand what you meen, but Eiji Aonuma said one time in a speech, before TWW came out in Japan, that OoT had two seperate endings and timelines, the Young Link Timeline and the Adult Link Timeline. And he said that TWW takes place 100 years after the Adult Link Ending (which is the Adult Link Timeline). I would have to believe him, even though it is confusing.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2005, 03:25 PM

Quote:
I understand what you meen, but Eiji Aonuma said one time in a speech, before TWW came out in Japan, that OoT had two seperate endings and timelines, the Young Link Timeline and the Adult Link Timeline. And he said that TWW takes place 100 years after the Adult Link Ending (which is the Adult Link Timeline). I would have to believe him, even though it is confusing.
Yeah...you're totally right. Well done, my friend!
However i would only count WW as the adult timeline since all the other links in the other zeldas are supposed to be descendants of the hero of time (who returned to the young link timeline). you get me?

#9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2005, 03:35 PM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 391

Here is my rather complicated Timeline:

Link I
Ocarina of Time- The beginning of the series. Link a boy raised in the Forest must stop an evil gerudo thief known as Ganondorf from getting to the Sacred Realm. Ganon eventually gets there because Link pulls out the Master Sword. Link is held up seven years, wakesup as an adult and must awaken the 5 sages scattered throught Hyrule to stop Ganondorf.

Majora's Mask- Link sets out to find his lost friend, but winds up saving a parallel world.

Link II
The Wind Waker- This is a sequel to Ocarina of Time.

Link III
Legend of Zelda- A new Hyrule was founded centuries ago by the Hero of the Winds. A boy named Link sets out to reclaim the Triforce of Wisdom Pieces to save a Princess named Zelda from the clutches of a monster named Ganon who awoke from the depths of the sea.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons- Link is summoned by the Triforce to save Din in Holodrum and Nayru in Labyrinna from the clutches of darkness in the faraway lands of Holodrum and Labyrinna.

Adventure of Link- Link comes back from his adventure in Holodrum and Labyrinna to find that Princess Zelda has been cursed into a slumber. There, he sets out to recover her.

Link IV
The Minish Cap- Hundreds of years pass after Adventure of Link. Link goes with Princess Zelda to the Picori festival in Hyrule City. There, a mysterous Picori known as Vaati wins a sword tournament. Vaati touches the relic, the Picori Blade and sends monsters out to Hyrule. He then turns Zelda into stone. Link must awaken the 4 elements and destroy Vaati.

Link V
Four Sword- Princess Zelda shows Link a shrine housing the Legendary Four Sword. Vaati, an evil Wind Mage kidnaps Princess Zelda and Link pulls the Four Sword to save Zelda, with his clones.

Link VI
Four Sword Adventures- Hundreds of years pass after Link V pulled out the Four Sword and killed Vaati. A new Link is born. Vaati escapes his seal and kidnappes Princess Zelda, Link's childhood friend. Link pulles the legendary Four Sword that was used centuries ago and seales Vaati again.

Link VII
A Link to the Past- Over milleniums pass after the Four Sword incident and that legend is forgotten. Ancient Sages build a sword known as the Master Sword and hide it well in the Lost Woods. That sword is the blade of evil's bane. These sages also build a barrier from the Golden Land, the land of the Triforce and Hyrule. One random night, a girl, tells Link that she is stuck inside Hyrule Castle. Link goes out to rescue her, not knowing that she is Princess Zelda. An evil wizard named Aganhim kills the king of Hyrule and imprisones the maidens; the descendants of the sages, in the Golden Land. Link sets out to the Golden Land, which was turned into the Dark World by an impure heart to save the maidens and to stop the evil behind Aganhim, Ganon.

Link's Awakeing- After Link's adventures in Hyrule, he sets sail to new lands. His ship chrashes into an island known as Kokolint Island. He cannot leave this island until he awakens the Wind Fish from his nightmares.

Twilight Princess- Not known at this point where it will take place.

Whew... What do you guys think?

EDIT: The Minish Cap was rearranged so it can be a prequel to Four Swords Saga.
Last Edited by Raymaster; 07-10-2005 at 04:03 PM. Reason:
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2005, 03:46 PM
the WORLD.

Yes, that is what I did. We know that TP is between TWW and MM, and we know that TWW is in the Adult Link Timeline. I can't say that TP is in the Adult Link Timeline, because Hyrule would be flooded (or ruled by Ganondorf according to my theory about Ganondorf on the bottom). And we know it's not in TP, because you seen Hyrule in the trailer. And we see in one of the trailers that Hyrule Castle from OoT is still there, at lest it looks extremelly like the Hyrule Castle in OoT. My theory is that the Hyrule in TP is the same Hyrule in OoT, but in the Young Link Timeline, and the so called Twilight World is the Adult Link Timeline, it can't be the Sacred Realm, because if it was the Sacred Realm I am sure that it would of been called the Sacred Realm, even though in the English dubs of ALttP the Sacred Ralm is called the Golden Land, but this was not a mistake it was just something stupid that the NOA did.

So what is the Twilight World? We know it is evil, but here is my theory about it. Ganondorf (not Ganon) escaped from the Sacred Realm (Adult Link Timeline) and conquered Hyrule (Adult Link Timeline) with evil, Ganondorf discovered about the alternate timeline that Link created and he used magic to find it. He found it and he used more magic so he can combine the two worlds into one, like it was before Link changed time. And of course a new hero must stop this. And when Link stops Ganondorf the godessess get angry at Ganondorf's rule over Hyrule (Adult Link Timeline) and they flood Hyrule and got rid of all the evil. Ganondorf survives and trys to get the Triforce, maybe to ressurect his kingdom.
Last Edited by Big One; 07-10-2005 at 04:02 PM. Reason:
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2005, 03:48 PM
Heart Break Kid
Send a message via AIM to E.J.
View Posts: 224

raymaster, minish cap was a PREQUAL to the whole four swords thing. so it goes before four swords. otherwise i agree with most everything else you think.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2005, 03:55 PM
the WORLD.

Like I said, Eiji Aonuma has said there is two seperate timelines.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2005, 04:34 PM
Goron
View Posts: 279

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulroe
Oracle of Ages/Seasons: Vaati strikes again, Link fights against him.

The Legend of Zelda: A new enemy, Ganon; strikes! Sheik finds Link and he comes to Hyrules aid!
Vaati doesn't appear in the Oracle games, but Ganon does. Sheik only appears in Ocarina of Time.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2005, 04:36 PM
the WORLD.

Maybe he got confused and mixed Sheik with Impa.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2005, 05:01 PM
All Timeline's will fall before ME.
Send a message via AIM to .Hero_Of_Time.
View Posts: 162

This is my Timeline.

(TAOL back story).

Link 1.
OOT
MM
OOT. (future)

Link 2.
TP.

Link 3.
TWW
(TT).

(Ages past)

Link 4.
LOZ
TAOL.

Link 5.
OOS/OOA.

(TMC back story).

Link 6.
TMC

(FS back story).

Link 7.
FS
FSA.

(FS DS).

Link 8.
ALTTP.
LA.

A few reasons why I think this is right using a lot of game facts.

(Armos are built by the Minish)
(TAOL back story)
Every girl in the royal family should be named zelda.
A spell is made so the mark of the Triforce will apper on the hand of the Hero.

Link 1.
OOT.
(A little before the game) The sages of Forest, Fire, Water, Shadow, Spirit, Light. Make the Master sword and the Sages of Earth and Wind give it power.
Master sword is used for the first time.
Ganondorf go's after the Triforce for the first time and it splits in to the TOP, TOW, TOC.
The Golden Land becomes the Dark World.
Link meets Zelda.
Link gets the OOT and gives it back to Zelda later.
Ganondorf is sealed inside the Dark World.
Link is sent back in time at the end of the game with the TOC.
Link is sealed in the Golden Land for 7 years.

MM.
Link leaves Hyrule to find Navi.
It happens a few months after He returns to the past with the TOC.
He returnís to Hyrule 4 days later even thou he spent a very long time there.
Zelda gives him the OOT again.

OOT (future).
Future happens again.
After link returns to Hyrule, he waits till he is old enough to pick up the master sword and beats Ganondorf and seals him again.
Something happens to the Master sword for TP.

Link 2.
TP.
We just know that this goís here for now.

Link 3.
TWW.
The Master sword is taken out of Hyrule castle and Ganondorfís seal breaks.
Master sword is lost under water.
The Triforce is put back in to the whole Triforce (the marks on Zelda and Ganondorf hands of the Triforce stay there to show that they had a piece of it).
Ganondorf is back.
It happens a long time after OOT and MM.

TT.
Some say that this game go's in the timeline, some don't. It just tells what happens to the Hero of Winds after TWW and how he go's to Tetraís island. I don't beleave that it should be in the timeline but how do we know that Timelines in Japan have this or not.

(Hyrule drains or a New Hyrule is found).
(Holodrum and Labrynna are found).

Link 4.
LOZ.
The sages of Hyrule tried to make a new type of master sword and called it the magic sword.
The White/Noble sword is also made by the people of Hyrule and is later put in the lost woods or given to king Zora.
In the BS version, Ganon gets his trident but I'm not sure if thats canon. (Nintendo needs to make a game where he getís it).
The Triforce is split.
The TOW is hidden, Ganon stole the TOP again like the instruction booklet says. TOC is hidden.
Link takes the TOP when he beats Ganon and he now has the TOW and TOP.

TAOL.
The magic sword is used again.
Ganonís man are calling forth bad guys from the Dark World.
Ganon is trying to come back to life but does not.
Link go's after and gets the TOC and wakes up the very first Zelda.
The whole Triforce is put in the castle.

Link 5.
OOS/OOA.
In Seasons, The Master sword is found under water and is put in the lost woods.
The White/Noble sword is given to an old man (like in LOZ).
In Ages, The master sword is found at the bottom of the ocean by a Zora.
The White/Noble sword is with King Zora.
Onox and Veran came from the Dark World.
Ganon comes back to life but then dies.
The Triforce is still whole and is in the castle of Hyrule.
After Ganon is killed the Triforce is put in the Golden Land/Dark world for save keeping.

TMC back story.
The minish make a sword which they call the Picori sword and they gave it to the humans as well as the light force (never ending magic).
A hero uses the power to seal away all the evil in the land and the people of Hyrule name the Minish ďPicoriĒ after the sword.
Syrup is looking for apprentice in Hyrule since Maple is in Holodrum/Labrynna.

Link 6.
TMC.
The picori blade breaks and a new sword is made which is called the White sword.
(this on is different from the other white sword because this one can split a person in to more people).
After the White sword gets all itís power back, it becomes the Four sword.
It tells Vaatiís back story and how he became what he is.

FS back story.
Vaati comes back and is sealed inside the Four sword by some hero.

Link 7.
FS.
Vaati breaks out of the four sword and kidnaps Zelda.
Link seals Vaati back in to the four sword.

FSA.
Shadow Link cause Link to pull out the four sword and break Vaatiís seal.
Ganondorf is reborn like the game says.
Ganondorf takes his trident back and he becomes Ganon again because the Trident is connected to the dark world.
The Dark World is still here.
Vaati is sent to the Dark world after he loses to Link again.
(Not really sure if this is true but it looks like it)
Ganon is sealed inside the four sword and it is put back in itís shrine.
This is the same Link as FS Link (the opening of the game says this).
Thereís a good chance that the maidens in these games are sages because of the Light force, they are sisters and they do live in the Royal Family so they should have some of the light force.

FS DS.
Aonuma said something about this game coming right after FSA.

Link 8.
ALTTP.
The Master sword is taken out of the lost woods and used for itís last time.
The Four sword is taken from itís shrine by Dark Link and he now has freed Ganon.
Ganon go's to the dark world to get the Triforce but is locked it thanks to the sages, he still gets the whole Triforce and Dark Link keeps the Four sword intill Link beats him and takes the Four sword back.
(this is fan fiction because Nintendo has not given an answer on this yet).
The Dark World is turned back in to the Golden Land.
The sages are still Maidens.
The Triforce is still the whole Triforce.

LA.
The sword you start out with is the one you use in ALTTP.
The level 2 sword does not have a name.
The last boss takes on the form of 4 ALTTP bosses.
The Instruction Booklet says it could come after LOZ or ALTTP. And ALTTP fits better with the story.

A Sig and Avatar can tell what a person is like.
My Avatar shows my good side and my Sig show my bad side. Don't mess with my bad side.
Last Edited by .Hero_Of_Time.; 07-10-2005 at 05:15 PM. Reason:
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2005, 05:04 PM
the WORLD.

Like I said, and please listen, Eiji Aonuma has said there is two seperate timelines.

Please don't make me repeat this.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2005, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Here is my theory. I call it the "LG (Lord Ganon) Multiple Timeline Theory."

(YLT)/////-MM----TP-------------------------------------------------------------(OoS or OoA)
///////Oot
(ALT)////-------------TWW-LA----ALttP----MC-FS-FSA-----LOZ-AOL------(OoS or OoA)
///////////l100 yearsl

Key:
YLT - Young Link Timeline
ALT - Adult Link Timeline

If you want to ask me about it, then just ask. I will give you a full explaination on why I put all of those Zelda games in those place.
1. LA last boss takes on the form of 4 of LATTP's bosses. It should come after. As well as the fact that in the back story, Link kills Ganon.

2. In LOZ, TAOL, OOA/OOS, FSA, The golden land has turned in to The dark world. It turns back in to the golden land at the end of ALTTP. Therefore, all those games should be before ALTTP.

Quote:
Like I said, and please listen, Eiji Aonuma has said there is two seperate timelines.

Please don't make me repeat this.
That can be taken a few different ways.

1. what you said.

2. OOT's future happens again.

3. It could just end the way the game showed. Adult and Child.

4. He changed his mind about what he said.

5. The guy who talks for Anouma mixed up what he said. That has happened a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymaster
Link III
Legend of Zelda- A new Hyrule was founded centuries ago by the Hero of the Winds. A boy named Link sets out to reclaim the Triforce of Wisdom Pieces to save a Princess named Zelda from the clutches of a monster named Ganon who awoke from the depths of the sea.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons- Link is summoned by the Triforce to save Din in Holodrum and Nayru in Labyrinna from the clutches of darkness in the faraway lands of Holodrum and Labyrinna.

Adventure of Link- Link comes back from his adventure in Holodrum and Labyrinna to find that Princess Zelda has been cursed into a slumber. There, he sets out to recover her.
1. Why would Link use the magic sword in LOZ, master sword in OOA/OOS, and maic sword again in TAOL?

2. Zelda in TAOL is a zelda before OOT.

3. In OOA/OOS. The triforce is whole. In LOZ and TAOL, it is not.

My Avatar shows my good side and my Sig show my bad side. Don't mess with my bad side.
Last Edited by .Hero_Of_Time.; 07-10-2005 at 05:21 PM. Reason:
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2005, 05:22 PM
the WORLD.

Quote:
1. LA last boss takes on the form of 4 of LATTP's bosses. It should come after. As well as the fact that in the back story, Link kills Ganon.

2. In LOZ, TAOL, OOA/OOS, FSA, The golden land has turned in to The dark world. It turns back in to the golden land at the end of ALTTP. Therefore, all those games should be before ALTTP.
1. The back story was created in the English dub manuel, and the original Japanese version never mentioned that the Link in LA defeated Ganon in ALttP.

2. I don't recall the Sacred Realm (Golden Land) to be mentioned in those games.

And if the Link in LA is the same Link who defeated Ganon in ALttP, then why did he go to that island? I mean that he had to be doing something, like *I don't know* finding a island. And his ship crashed and he floated to the island. What ship is this? The only ship that Link has ever traveled on, in terms of traveling to different places, was the pirate ship in TWW.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2005, 05:40 PM

Quote:
1. The back story was created in the English dub manuel, and the original Japanese version never mentioned that the Link in LA defeated Ganon in ALttP.

2. I don't recall the Sacred Realm (Golden Land) to be mentioned in those games.

And if the Link in LA is the same Link who defeated Ganon in ALttP, then why did he go to that island? I mean that he had to be doing something, like *I don't know* finding a island. And his ship crashed and he floated to the island. What ship is this? The only ship that Link has ever traveled on, in terms of traveling to different places, was the pirate ship in TWW.
1. "Though Link fulfilled the Hyrulian prophecy of the legendary Hero and destroyed Ganon, the people of Hyrule were still apprehensive. They feared the dangers that could arise from Ganon's ashes. Ever vigilant, Link left on a journey of enlightenment, in search of wisdom that would help him better able to withstand the next threat to his homeland.

After months of difficult, but fruitful, travel, Link was returning home to Hyrule. However, a sqall suddenly struck his ship. Link valiantly fought the waves, but a lighting bolt reduced his ship to splinters. Link drifted with the wreckage of his ship, and awoke in the care of... Zelda? No, Link discovered, he was on Koholint Island in the care of woman named Marin. In the distance, on Koholint's central mountain, loomed a gigantic egg".

2. OOS. "Gwah hah hah! I was summoned from the Dark World by Twinrova. See my
true form! Feel the might of a dark dragon"!

Nintendo also said that Veran came from the same place as Onox.

FSA. Half of FSA is in the Dark world.

LOZ/TAOL (part of the back story)
"At that time, Ganon's underlings were calling up new allies from the Dark Realm, and were beginning to work devilishly towards the revival of Ganon".

At that time, it was called the dark realm but the name was changed to the dark world when ALTTP came out.

3. I answered that in my number 1.

#20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-10-2005, 05:48 PM
the WORLD.

1. Sorry, it's a English dub story that was made by NOA.

2. And the Dark Realm is not the Sacred Realm (Golden Land/Dark World) and I think that was a English only dub, and it wasn't in the original Japapnese story. The Dark World that was spoken in OoS/OoA is probably a name for the underworld, because the Sacred Realm was only the Dark World when Ganon conquered it.
Closed Thread

Tags
thread, timeline, zelda