Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-31-2013, 03:15 PM
Cuerte Kid
Send a message via AIM to Maser Send a message via Yahoo to Maser Send a message via Skype™ to Maser
View Posts: 565
Most Annoying Heart Piece

Yup, as the title of this thread states, what's your most annoying Heart Piece to get in all of the Zelda games?

For me it's easily the one you get for doing the entire Figurine quest in MC. Well, it's not exactly a quest, but it sure is tedious enough to be a quest.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-31-2013, 03:29 PM
gone with the ghost train
View Posts: 4,946
Re: Most Annoying Heart Piece

Coloring Gossip Stones in Termina Field.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-31-2013, 04:20 PM
Koops.
View Posts: 1,343

Many of the numerous Heart Pieces in Zelda requiring godly abilities at minigames.

Majora's Mask's shooting range, Wind Waker's sorting letters, Skyward Sword's pumpkin shooting, just to name a few.
1 person liked this post: Void Phantom
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-31-2013, 06:31 PM
Goron
View Posts: 210

TMC chicken race. You want your chickens back? You have to get back the chickens but in a certain amount of time and if you don't make it she releases all of them again. Why would you do that? In ocarina of time when you did the same thing you were given a much better reward and much easier without time.
Last Edited by Phoenix7540; 07-31-2013 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: TourianTourist
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-01-2013, 01:34 AM
Stupid Jimmy Pesto, with his crappy food and... all his customers.
Wii U ID: Ericzander
View Posts: 2,393

^

It gets painfully easy once you get the Pegasus boots and memorize their locations. Though it is tedious, I found it fun.

The brutally painful one is the figure one in Minish Cap. Oooooh I nearly broke my finger working on that one.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-01-2013, 10:40 AM
Time Traveler
View Posts: 8

The Twilight princess mini game where you have to talk to all 20 cats on the ghost-western desert style town. Since some of them move a lot it can be really hard to find the last one.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 1

Phantom Hourglass's target minigame. Hardest heart piece in the series. Minish Cap's figurine quest is the most tedious, and it bothers me that you have to beat the game to get it.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-03-2013, 05:34 AM
View Posts: 1,490

I've mentioned several times how I hate the fishing game in Ocarina of Time, so I'll definitely go with that. Also the fact how you actually have to do it twice for two separate pieces of heart, as you need the golden scale for the other one.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-03-2013, 05:55 AM
TourianTourist TourianTourist is a male Germany TourianTourist is offline
ZeldaEurope Staff
Send a message via Skype™ to TourianTourist
View Posts: 1,138

The random Heart Pieces from Maple in Oracle of Ages and Seasons. It can be quite a pain to get them. And since you have to play both games multiple times to get the full experience, you have to do it again and again and again.

And all Heart Pieces in Majora's Mask that require you to beat a minigame multiple times...

Yet to play | Played | Beaten | All Items | 100%
TLoZ | TAoL | G&W | ALttP | LA | LADX | OoT | MQ | MM | OoA&OoS | ALttP&FS | TWW | FSA | TMC
TP(GCN) | TP(Wii) | LCT | TRR | PH | ST | OoT3D | FSAE | SS | TWWHD | ALBW

Todo: Beat Zelda Game & Watch, Complete 2nd Quest in TWWHD, 999s Cucco Run in ALBW
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-03-2013, 11:36 AM
Ikanian
View Posts: 615

Bombchu f***ing Bowling. I hate it beyond words. Worst minigame not from Mario Party

Playing: ST

Favorite games: OOT=MM>TP>LTTP>LBW>WW>SS>LOZ>AOL

Favorite dungeons: Forest Temple (OOT), Eastern Palace (LTTP), Snowpeak Ruins, Earth Temple (Wind Waker), Swamp Palace (either one)

Least favorite dungeons: (best to worst), Jabu Jabu's Belly, Wind Temple, Skull Woods, Lakebed Temple, Tower of Hera (LTTP)
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Sheikah
View Posts: 572

From personal experience, the Hot Spring Water from TP was annoying. Mostly because I had the Magic Armour, so I assumed I'd already gotten it, so it took me hours to track it down.

I seem to remember some heart piece from ALttP to be so obnoxious to get. Which one, I don't remember.

And this isn't hard at all to get, merely annoying, but the one in MM where you go to the cave at the bottom of Ikana Canyon and re-battle all the minibosses. You aren't allowed to fight the Garomaster unless you have at least 13 heart containers already.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-03-2013, 04:33 PM
DarkAquaPhantom DarkAquaPhantom is a male United Kingdom DarkAquaPhantom is offline
Phantom
Send a message via Skype™ to DarkAquaPhantom
Wii U ID: DarkAquaPhantom 3DS ID: 2878-9663-0861
View Posts: 323

TWW orcas challenge -_- took me over a hour to get it i got 489 hits and died i punched my controler twice it made my knuckle bleed that how pissed i got and probably the dampe grave digging one never a fan of that it involves rupees and any heart piece with that is annoying
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2013, 09:53 AM
Wind Mage
View Posts: 2,282

The Fun Fun Island minigame from Skyward Sword. That was pretty bad.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2013, 10:03 AM
The Hero of Muffins
View Posts: 11

MM when you have to pick a random dog to race them even though i dont remember if you get a heart or something its still something that bugs me
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2013, 11:52 AM
ZeldaCompilations ZeldaCompilations is a male United States ZeldaCompilations is offline
Goron
View Posts: 266

I would say the most annoying heart piece to get, other than the fishing mini-game in Ocarina of Time, is depositing 5,000 rupees in the Clock Town Bank in Majora's Mask. I remember, in this exact order:

1) Using the password to gain access to the underground passageway to the Astral Observatory, and using the Blast Mask to get the 100 rupees in the bombable wall.

2. Jumping above the Clock Town businesses to collect the 100 rupees in the chest.

3. Killing that stupid, absurdly big-headed bird with light arrows (while wearing the Stone Mask) and completing the previous steps at the very end of the game.

4. Repeating about six more times.
Last Edited by ZeldaCompilations; 08-04-2013 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2013, 12:53 PM
Twili
View Posts: 431

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino0 View Post
The Fun Fun Island minigame from Skyward Sword. That was pretty bad.
That was my favorite mini game of all the Zeldas. So addictive. I got to the point where I could win it every time.

I hate the dogs in the town of OOT, and the 5,000 rupees in MM.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Ningan the Lone Ninja Ningan the Lone Ninja is a male United Kingdom Ningan the Lone Ninja is offline
Sheikah
View Posts: 5,537

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopalar View Post
Many of the numerous Heart Pieces in Zelda requiring godly abilities at minigames.

Majora's Mask's shooting range, Wind Waker's sorting letters, Skyward Sword's pumpkin shooting, just to name a few.
You don't get a Heart Piece from the Letter Sorting or Pumpkin Pull, but damn, that Swamp Shooting Gallery is more hellish than the eyes of the Moon that looms over Termina.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2013, 01:37 PM
Koops.
View Posts: 1,343

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningan the Lone Ninja View Post
You don't get a Heart Piece from the Letter Sorting or Pumpkin Pull, but damn, that Swamp Shooting Gallery is more hellish than the eyes of the Moon that looms over Termina.
These are from the Zelda Dungeon Guides:

"Once Fledge has built up his self confidence and is feelin' pretty buff, he'll start up the Pumpkin Pull mini-game near the Sparring Hall. [...] Score 600+ points total to get a Piece of Heart."

Skyward Sword: Pieces of Heart

"Play the letter sorting game on Dragon Roost Island and complete the 25 letter sort for Baito, afterwards mail the letter to his mother. She'll mail a reply back, and in it there will be Piece of Heart #5."

The Wind Waker Heart Pieces - Zelda Dungeon Wiki

No worries though! And you're not alone in finding that minigame in Majora's Mask cumbersome!
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2013, 01:42 PM
Ningan the Lone Ninja Ningan the Lone Ninja is a male United Kingdom Ningan the Lone Ninja is offline
Sheikah
View Posts: 5,537

But...I have all Heart Pieces on Wind Waker and Skyward Sword! Ah, I must have forgot how I got them.
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2013, 02:32 PM
Zelda PodSmasher
Wii U ID: Canyarion
View Posts: 2,384

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erikson View Post
Coloring Gossip Stones in Termina Field.
You can get a heart piece for that???! And how is anyone supposed to know about that?
MM is so frustratingly hard with heart pieces... I think I need 9 and I have no clue where to start.
(Edit: reading this thread, I now see it's nigh impossible to find MM heart pieces without a guide. I hate that. I prefer my pieces to be logical and/or in sight.)

So for me the hardest heart piece I DID get was one in ALttP. It's the one you find 'inside' Turtle Rock. You go outside the dungeon and walk on a ledge of the mountain. Now the Zelda veteran in me automatically warps back to the light world to see what I can find there... but the thing is that there are actually TWO caves over there. And if you find the first, your Zelda heart is content and you don't think of looking for a second.

The last time I replayed ALttP, I could have sworn my game was broken. I was missing 1 piece and I kept checking the wrong cave, assuming I already picked it up.
Last Edited by Canyarion; 08-04-2013 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote