$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-14-2012, 10:56 AM
Flabberghast, Mark II
Send a message via Skype™ to EzloSpirit
Steam ID: ezlospirit Wii U ID: EzloSpirit 3DS ID: 4940-5449-0029
View Posts: 2,189
Re: Top 3 Zelda Games in Your Opinion

1. Twilight Princess: I love me my TP (toilet paper, too). This game got me into the series after ALttP failed to so five years earlier in 2002 (mostly because of the high difficulty). The story was absolutely riveting (holy crap, it got frakking dark at times), the characters and their interactions were deep, the boss battles were some of the series's best, and the game's world was pweeeety! I have never felt more immersed in a game's universe and plot. It is like an interactive epic Hollywood blockbuster!

2. Majora's Mask: Okay, I haven't even finished this game yet, and it's in the running to beat TP for the top spot in my best Zelda games list; if it were to do so, it would become my favorite video game of all time, since that is what TP is now! This game is even darker than TP. It is also the only video game to successfully give me a full-fledged nightmare (and this nightmare was practically me being in the game, it was so accurate!). That means that it has had a significant impact on me! The game's plot is terrifying, the characters are heart-wrenching, and the whole thing was done so well that it gets into your head and makes you feel completely and utterly helpless to save people from a gruesome, final death. It is so dag nab depressing! But if there is any proof of the immense power of video games, this is it. The dungeon design was not particularly impressive, however (though I haven't gotten to the flipping part of Stone Tower Temple yet).

3. Skyward Sword: Ah, yes. The newbie. The only reasons why this is on my top three games list are as follows: 1) the controls make this game have the greatest, most immerse combat system of any video game I have ever played, 2) the characters are some of the deepest, most lovable in the series, 3) the dungeons in this game are my favorite dungeons in the series, and 4) LORD FRAKKING GHIRAHIM. Ghirahim is the greatest villain I have ever encountered in video games (except, perhaps, for Pokémon Black & White Versions' Team Plasma); Ghirahim has a distinct personality, is more sadistic (and simultaneously "filled with rainbows") than any previous Zelda villain, is lovable (to hate), and is kinda shmexy!

1 person liked this post: The Doctor
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-14-2012, 11:49 PM
View Posts: 447

1: Wind Waker: Easily best atmosphere in Zelda, best soundtrack, graphics and art style, some great dungeons and more sidequests to 100% than any other Zelda game yet (figurines and finding all 49 treasure charts and getting all islands mapped will take 60-70 hours).

2: Ocarina of Time: Best dungeons, great soundtrack, bosses, and just a very fun game.

3: Twilight Princess: Fun items (Ball and Chain, Spinner) and great dungeons. Probably has the best dungeon music in any Zelda game (Snowpeak Ruins and Arbiter's Grounds). Very fun game.

- Xanox

"What do you want from me?!"- Vanille, Final Fantasy 13.

Last Edited by Big Daddy; 07-14-2012 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Sikora
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-14-2012, 11:57 PM
Steam ID: sikora002
View Posts: 6,528

Console:
1. Wind Waker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy
Easily best atmosphere in Zelda, best soundtrack, graphics and art style, some great dungeons and more sidequests to 100% than any other Zelda game yet (figurines and finding all 49 treasure charts and getting all islands mapped will take 60-70 hours).
2. Twilight Princess
I loved the mature art style. The Bosses had great designs (especially the fossil). AND EPONA! They gotta bring back Epona in ZWiiU

3. Skyward Sword
I liked the mix of both WW and TP art styles and the mix up to the classic Zelda formula.

Handheld
1. Minish Cap
Best Art style EVER!
Bright and colorful
Hard
Kin Stones
Bosses
Turning into a Pikmin Minish/Pikori
The tree stumps found in both AlttP and MC

2. Spirit Tracks
I like trains
Also, Zelda isn't as useless.