Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: In which game do you like Ganondorf best?
Ocarina of Time 11 19.64%
The Wind Waker 31 55.36%
Twilight Princess 14 25.00%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-09-2012, 09:54 AM
HylianHeroine HylianHeroine is a female United Kingdom HylianHeroine is offline
"I'm the bloody Queen, mate. Basically, I rule."
Steam ID: Steam? What, pray tell, is "Steam"?
View Posts: 462
Best Ganondorf

Which Ganondorf was your favourite? (WW, OOT, TP,ect)

Mine was WW. I felt like he was more evil than the rest. IMO
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Light Spirit
Wii U ID: Tlozbj 3DS ID: 0001-3303-1181
View Posts: 4,210
Re: Best Ganondorf

The one in TP for how he used Zant and all the battle phases he had.Were talking what ganondorf is the best when they are all the same.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-09-2012, 11:07 AM
Busy bee
Steam ID: EternaLegendEL

View Posts: 17,589

It's a tie between OoT's and WW's Ganondorf to me.

Both of them had an excellent story throughout both games.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-09-2012, 01:33 PM
wolf-gang-girl wolf-gang-girl is a female United States wolf-gang-girl is offline
Warrior Of Dusk
View Posts: 129

OoT and TP are my favs, WW ganon was way to fat
Last Edited by wolf-gang-girl; 06-09-2012 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Divine Might Divine Might is a male United States Divine Might is offline
Timeless
Send a message via Skype™ to Divine Might
View Posts: 509

TWW's Ganondorf was by far the best in my opinion. I feel like you got to understand him much better and actually sympathize a little for him even though he was evil!

When he talks about how the wind brought nothing but death to his land so he coveted the wind's that blew across Hyrule. Then at the end when he gets stabbed in the head and says, " The wind..It is blowing" Those moments are probably the most memorable to me in any game and which makes that Ganondorf my favorite!
Last Edited by Divine Might; 06-09-2012 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-09-2012, 05:55 PM
A.K.A. ASBW, ASttP
View Posts: 3,591

TP's portrayal of Ganondorf was the best to me. I felt that he had some of the best dialogue I've seen so far in a Zelda game. TP really gave us a good look into his demonic nature.

He doesn't get a lot of love because he supposedly hijacked the plot, but it wasn't necessarily his fault... it was bad storytelling and plot progression. They even managed to make Link feel like a secondary character to Midna.
3 people liked this post: hijuliaa, My life from Z to A, tlozbj
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-09-2012, 08:06 PM
The Hero of Time
View Posts: 1,860

My favorite would have to be either TWW or TP Ganondorf. On one hand, TP Ganondorf was much more evil and powerful, and had some very dark lines, but TWW Ganondorf had a more sympathetic character and was deeper, like a real person.

The thread needs a poll added.

Played some, but not beat yet/Simply Beat/100% complete at least one quest/Not played at all
(not counting 2nd quests in any category)

LoZ, AoL, ALttP, LADX, OoT, MM, OoS, OoA, TWW, FSA, TMC, TP, PH, ST,
OoT3D, FS:AE, SS
, ALBW
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-09-2012, 08:13 PM
gone with the ghost train
View Posts: 4,946

Poll added.
2 people liked this post: StinksAwakening, The Doctor
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Goron
View Posts: 214

The best Ganondorf is the one from the Wind Waker for he shows a significant level of character development throughout. After being sealed in the Sacred Realm after the events of Ocarina of time, he's grown into a more pensive figure who merely wishes to reform the land for he believes the Gods abandoned their people rather than destroy it. In his use of words he was a poet and the climax with Link's blade piercing his brain make him truly stand head and shoulders above the rest for me.

Signature made by a friend. :3
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-09-2012, 09:38 PM
explodingpenguin explodingpenguin is a male United States explodingpenguin is offline
Hero of Hyrule
Steam ID: expldngpngn
View Posts: 104

Aren't they all the same Ganondorf?

If I had to choose, I'd choose TP Ganondorf because I really liked his dialogue and boss battles.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Anouki
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/SOLDIER1ST/
View Posts: 53

Ocarina of Time: In this zelda, Ganondorf is introduced right from the start, and as a scary, demonic being of purest malice. After a stern talk with the Deku Tree (that gives a feeling of life and maturing) link has to deal with the death of his 'guardian figure' and learns that Ganondorf was responsible. As link works to get the other spiritual stones, he's faced with the results of Ganondorf's acts of evil. He helps to recover the scars of Hyrule and finally obtains all three spiritual stones. While making his way towards Hyrule Town, he sees Zelda and Impa escape and is met face to face with Ganondorf. Link tries to shield them, but is shocked from some of Ganondorf's power. Ganondorf intimidates link and tests links courage, before leaving out into the sunset. Link comes to Hyrule Town. (Optionally, Link is drawn to an alley where he sees a dying soldier who, uplifted that he served his purpose, tells the child the details he already knows. Link sees him stop moving, which institutes melancholy in our hero.) Heading to the Temple of Time, Link most likely feels the holiness of the surrounding area. Once inside, link is greeted by a kind vision and sees the legendary sword. Pulling it, he awakes to be greeted by Ganondorf again, who now truly torments Link. Knowing that he indirectly caused an Armageddon, Link is RUSHED into adulthood. After countless impossible obstacles, Link overcomes them as a true hero. Busting into Ganondorf's fortress, he climbs the stairs, anger surging through him and he's ready to kill the crook who devastated Hyrulean history.

Ganondorf in this game is a man of mature malevolence. He's a medieval biker badass and he trolls those untainted with ocarina combat skills.

Wind Waker:

At first glance, he seems a mature man who would do anything to get his job done, but deep inside he's insane.

Twilight Princess:

Insane and evil, psycho and badass

sorry I'll add more opinions later, I'm tired.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-10-2012, 03:12 PM
Skyloftian
Send a message via AIM to MYK1217
View Posts: 752

It's very close between Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker.

I think something that makes any antagonist work is build-up; anticipation for the final battle. Twilight Princess's version is ruled out immediately because of the game's failure to do this. He gets revealed halfway through the game, and you don't see/hear much of anything about him after that until you actually have to fight him at the end. In OoT and WW, you keep hearing about him and encounter him a few times along the way, so they both do a good job of setting up the final battle.

As others have mentioned, you can sort of sympathize with him because it's implied that he's insane. I feel like you can really sense his desire for power, and your encounters with him throughout the game are more up close and personal.

In OoT, his evil is looming. He starts out as a Gerudo king with aspirations for world domination. He's like a vulture circling around his prey, waiting for its time to strike. I think this makes him more intimidating because you see him before he's the all-powerful "Great King of Evil" and after he gains power. This is why I select OoT's Ganondorf, but it can really go either way.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MYKe1217
^^^Let's Play channel.
2 people liked this post: jotokun
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Kokiri
View Posts: 71

WW Ganondorf...best artwork, character development, and personality. OoT Ganondorf as a close second. TP Ganondorf is last for me.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Kokiri
View Posts: 69

A dead Ganondorf is the best Ganondorf.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Banned User
Steam ID: sircalibur
View Posts: 2,560

While Pinkie Pie prefers Wind Waker's Ganondorf to an extent because of his clearer and more understandable motivations, she believes Twilight Princess Ganondorf is superior just for his presentation. He comes off as a psychotic tyrant, driven by revenge to such an extent that he no longer clings to sanity.

And despite Pinkie Pie's complaints about the amount of screen time he received, the confrontation with Ganondorf in the throne room was amazing.
Last Edited by American Soldier; 06-16-2012 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
3 people liked this post: explodingpenguin, StinksAwakening, tlozbj
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-12-2012, 07:51 AM
Lazara the Last Lazara the Last is a male Norway Lazara the Last is offline
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 322

TP by design, but i voted WW because he is so much deeper in that game.

“Well...I guess this is farewell, huh? Light and shadow can't mix, as we all know. But... Never forget that there's another world bound to this one.”
Signature by zeldafan12z
1 person liked this post: My life from Z to A
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-12-2012, 08:21 AM
so sad, so very very sad
Send a message via Skype™ to Boy
View Posts: 1,585

I'd have to say Wind Waker. That ending, man. That ending, with that man. Man.
I prefer the appearance he had in Ocarina of Time though.
Last Edited by Boy; 06-12-2012 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2012, 11:52 AM
windwackster windwackster is a male United Kingdom windwackster is offline
The Wind Waker
View Posts: 877

Wind Waker Ganondorf is the best hands down. I actually felt threatened by him the first time I played. Probably because he had your sister captured and then later you had to hurry for Zelda. confronting him felt more personal then in Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess.

In Ocarina of Time Link was more "lol'Kay" with the whole Ganondorf business the whole time and in Twilight Princess you were more focused on taking Zant down.

So Wind Waker's gotta be my choice. Plus, those two swords and the boss fight was awesome.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2012, 12:31 PM
Mogma
View Posts: 151

Wind Waker Ganondorf. When I was young and played WW, I was always afraid of Ganondorf. The first time I saw him was when the King of Red Lions spoke of him. His back was turned and fire surrounded him. In all honesty, I was frightened. This big guy who looked like he could easily stomp on me, and I was going to defeat him. It was only after watching my sister play when I finally saw his face, and note that you only see it once you get halfway through the game. Wind Waker actually makes Ganon intimidating, and the buildup is perfect. Every time I play that game I always get worried that he'll beat me, even though I could do it easily in a matter of minutes.

The end of the game was what really struck me as amazing. Ganondorf, this evil king who I'm finally about to fight sword to sword, talks about his dream of seeing Hyrule once more. Not only because he wanted to rule it, but because he was envious of it. Hyrule was a prosperous land, while Gerudo Valley was a barren desert. Then it hits you. This man's dream is crushed as he stands atop his old castle underwater. He looks upon the land he once claimed. He makes a point about not killing Link to get the Triforce. He's not just a heartbroken villain, he's desperate. When his wish is taken away by the Kind, he finally loses it. There's no hope anymore. Then you battle. You finish Ganondorf off, and he dies after saying those heartfelt words, "The wind... is blowing." a reference to the death that always claimed one in Gerudo Valley.

Once I analyzed this, I fully understood who Ganondorf was. In OoT and TP, he's just an evil being who's rampaging Hyrule. All I thought of those versions of Ganondorf was "❤❤❤❤❤❤❤." Zant was good in TP and took on the role of a desperate villain, but not Ganondorf. So, it's an easy choice for me.
Last Edited by LinkSwing; 06-16-2012 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2012, 01:19 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to FoxHound
Steam ID: djfoxhound16 (Screen name FoxHound) Wii U ID: DJFoxHound 3DS ID: 5000-3698-3460
View Posts: 5,884

I chose Wind Waker.

In Ocarina of Time, Gannondorf is just a power-hungry soulless evil, whose only thrive is pure domination. In Twilight Princess, as far as I remember because it has been a while since I've finished it, he's not so prominent and also like Occarina, has no other thrives then a lust for power.

In Wind Waker, he's also more on the background of the story, but in the final moments of the game, you see a tormented soul. He still lusts for power, but he's portrayed as a person, formed into what he is by the hardship he had to endure as a Gerudo in the shades of the blossoming kingdom of Hyrule.

REPLACED 3DS NEW FC: 5000-3698-3460, I'll need all your codes again too, please VM/PM them - Working on a Link costume.

Tags
coolest, evil, ganondorf