#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-20-2012, 12:43 AM
Zora Warrior
Steam ID: ralphpotato
View Posts: 369
Re: The epicness of Zelda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Oak View Post
You want a testament to how good Zelda games are? Robin williams named his daughter Zelda after the video game. It might be just me but i think it's just a small example.

Your right, nothing else compares.
I think that's an okay example, but as a counterargument, apparently there are over 50 kids in America named "lol".

I'm not saying Robin Williams is a stupid parent like the parent's of those "lol" named kids, but I don't feel like it's a great argument, especially since only the first two Zelda games had came out when she was born. Zelda was amazing back then, but it doesn't necessarily speak for the series as a whole.

Just my two cents on that.

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Shadows View Post
I feel that the Zelda fans, for the most part, are what ruin the games. This applies to almost all games (This is why I call MW3 "Call of Retards: Screaming Twelve Year Olds 3").

The excitement for a new game is there without a doubt, but when you have fans screeching 24/7 about it, it makes me feel sad for humanity. Sure, I'll get into speculation and hype but when it gets to the point when people go and buy the game and a console in Japanese, just to play it before it comes out in English (and spoil it to those who want to wait), it becomes a little over the top.
Hmm, I'm not sure how that "ruins the game". Firstly, people can ignore spoilers. Secondly, the screeching 24/7, I sort of get what you mean, but its in perspective. I don't think an excited Zelda fan considers this "annoying screeching", and so it's just pure excitement for them (and me). Third, the importing things from Japan is a little over the top, but that's not a reason why the game is bad.

The fans might ruin the experience for you, but that doesn't diminish the quality of the game in general.
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-20-2012, 12:50 AM
Lifter Suprime

View Posts: 752

True. The quality of the game doesn't change, but when people start doing that, it makes me feel less appreciation for it. When people say nothing can go wrong with a game that has been using the same plot for around 20 years, I start to wonder if people just like it because they grew up with it and are nostalgic, or actually like it because they think it's good.

I guess I like to go against the grain.

[CENTER]
U MIRIN' BRAH?
Last Edited by Major Liftz; 04-20-2012 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-20-2012, 01:07 AM
I get the job done. Period.
View Posts: 2,786

Quote:
I don't care about graphics that much. At all.

I just ended huge Modern Flamewar about 5 hours ago and I sure as hell don't want to start another.

All I can say is that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Try the Modern Warfare saga out before you snap blindly at it. I think that most people, given the chance, would enjoy it a lot. Well, at least the story.

Proof for overused plots:

Don't get me wrong, I love the Zelda series. I've played it sense I was like 7 with OoT, but as I've grown, Zelda has stayed the same. I find more entertainment in other games now, mainly in FPSs and darker RPGS and action games. Without a doubt, Zelda has the best gameplay out of all the games I own (save maybe the Arkham games), but gameplay just doesn't cut it for me. You need good gameplay with a good story and characters. Fans have made a lot better Zelda stories than the developers. (I didn't do this one)

Last thought, I'm not a troll, I backed up my accusations. Also keep in mind that I am stating my opinion, it's not facts. And before you go and spout off about that, your opinion isn't fact either.
I agree with 90% of what this guy has said on this thread. I only disagree with him in his like for FPS and blood.

To me a game NEEDS a good story. I can deal with lousy gameplay (To a certain degree) so long as the story hooks me up. A good example is Baten Kaitos. Now, I HATE THIS GAME'S GAMEPLAY, EXPLORATION AND CHARACTERS!!! But the plot... Oh, god. While I will never play that game again, I can assure you I will NEVER forget this game.

Same with the MGS series. I have always hated the controls and the ******* camera, I can't stand it. But I love the games for their story. And they will always be among my favorites for that. Always.

Zelda games... they have a special place in my heart. Always will. But I realiced a long time ago that they're not epic anymore. They've gotten stale. I bought a WII just because I knew there was going to be a Zelda for the Wii someday. And behold!!! I haven't played SS and I'm completely ok with that. I don't feel like I'm missing on anything. I just watched a walktrhough in youtube and now I don't care for the game.

I'm definetely NOT BUYING A WiiU.
Last Edited by Zero; 04-20-2012 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-20-2012, 01:32 AM
Lifter Suprime

View Posts: 752

Well, I might or might not buy a U. The 720 comes first in my lineup.

[CENTER]
U MIRIN' BRAH?
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-20-2012, 01:54 AM
I get the job done. Period.
View Posts: 2,786

Quote:
Well, I might or might not buy a U. The 720 comes first in my lineup.
My point is that Ninty is not even trying to make interesting games. They just want to make family party games, and thats fine. But thats not what I'm looking for. As a gamer I want something more than "Save the girl just because the generic villain kidnapped her. Oh, but don't focus on that, just look! the character moves when you move! YAAAAAAAY!!!"

I spent 2 months with my brother last year. He owns a PS3. I literally spent at least 10 hours a day playing videogames, and by the end of the 2 months, I STILL hand't played through half of the games I wanted to play, and I played as fast as I could through the ones I did. And I liked almost all the games I played

The Wii? I only cared for Zelda, Metroid, Tales of Symphonia 2 and Fire emblem. Only Metroid prime and Fire emblem delivered.

Tags
epicness, zelda