Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-14-2011, 07:57 PM
American Soldier United States American Soldier is offline
Banned User
Steam ID: sircalibur
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ponyville
View Posts: 2,560
The True Zelda Tournament

Due to the appearance of a Zelda poll perceived by many members to be biased, Pinkie Pie has elected to create a truly unbiased poll through the randomization of the contestants. Threads will appear shortly with match-ups. Links to the polls will be provided here shortly after creation, providing access to the first round.

Let the choice be made without any sort of rigging!

Round One:

1. Oracle of Seasons vs. Phantom Hourglass.
2. A Link to the Past vs. Spirit Tracks.
3. Link's Awakening vs. Four Swords Adventures.
4. Ocarina of Time vs. Twilight Princess.
5. Minish Cap vs. Oracle of Ages.
6. The Adventure of Link vs. Skyward Sword.
7. The Legend of Zelda vs. Four Swords.
8. Majora's Mask vs. Wind Waker.

NOTICE:
All polls will close on December 24th. Make sure to finish voting by that date so the second round can commence.
Last Edited by American Soldier; 12-14-2011 at 10:42 PM. Reason:
1 person liked this post: Coconut Water
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-14-2011, 09:06 PM
Ruki Ruki is a female United States Ruki is offline
I'm not sorry
Send a message via AIM to Ruki Send a message via Skype™ to Ruki
Steam ID: lunarhero


Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Altamire
View Posts: 10,867
Re: The True Zelda Tournament

Whelp I have seemed to mostly vote for the underdog.
__________________

Jack Brant and Joker drawn by Chibi
Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
BA Characters
1 person liked this post: Coconut Water
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-14-2011, 09:09 PM
Blake G Blake G is a male Australia-Aboriginal Blake G is offline
'Im just me, being me'
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NSW Australia
View Posts: 721
Re: The True Zelda Tournament

A random and seeded big contests now exists now everyone can be happy.
However, it does take up a lot of space in the general forums.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-14-2011, 09:40 PM
godzillasenpai Antarctica godzillasenpai is offline
==> Everything is Awesome
Send a message via AIM to godzillasenpai
Steam ID: SoundchekZ
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nerdfighteria
View Posts: 3,856
Re: The True Zelda Tournament

Yes! I'm 7 for 8! +1 for me!
__________________
WHAT KIND OF IDIOT GETS STUCK IN THEIR OWN HOME?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
This party is logical as ❤❤❤❤.


Killer Mohawk LPs
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-14-2011, 09:49 PM
Coconut Water United States Coconut Water is offline
Significantly more hydrated than you.
Wii U ID: Blizzaga

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Los Santos
View Posts: 35,524
Re: The True Zelda Tournament

I came to vote because I was threatened and drug in here by Pinkie Pie.
__________________

???

2 people liked this post: American Soldier, Ruki
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-14-2011, 10:00 PM
Commander GorMor Canada Commander GorMor is offline
HARK HARK
Wii U ID: Dr-Reggie (PM me first) 3DS ID: 3153-4263-2807 (PM me first)
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 36 years in space
View Posts: 7,547
Re: The True Zelda Tournament

Now this is a tournament I do support. I'll be glad to vote in this one.
__________________

[Art Thread] [Tumblr][Sig by .Hog]
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-14-2011, 10:41 PM
Gaba Cornwall Gaba is offline
Tsjeriću, baibai
Send a message via Skype™ to Gaba
Steam ID: bluefireman33
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mizar's Palace
View Posts: 6,206
Re: The True Zelda Tournament

Cool idea pinkie! You have my support.
__________________
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-14-2011, 10:45 PM
Kikaider Antarctica Kikaider is offline
Jiro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Not here
View Posts: 11,916
Re: The True Zelda Tournament

I have voted!
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-15-2011, 12:38 AM
iJuke24 iJuke24 is a male United States iJuke24 is offline
Zora Warrior
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Andover, Minnesota/ from Boston
View Posts: 342
Re: The True Zelda Tournament

This is awful no offense... Oracle of seasons and spirit tracks have NO business making it to round 2 -___- nobody believes that those are top games. They should be out in the first round that's why the seeding system is how it should be..
__________________
Twilight Princess > Ocarina of Time > Wind Waker > A Link to the Past > Skyward Sword
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-15-2011, 12:46 AM
American Soldier United States American Soldier is offline
Banned User
Steam ID: sircalibur
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ponyville
View Posts: 2,560
Re: The True Zelda Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJuke24 View Post
This is awful no offense... Oracle of seasons and spirit tracks have NO business making it to round 2 -___- nobody believes that those are top games. They should be out in the first round that's why the seeding system is how it should be..
The seeding system was being used to deliberately push more popular games ahead without giving the others fair chance. By randomizing it, all games are treated equally.
1 person liked this post: Coconut Water
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-15-2011, 12:46 AM
Commander GorMor Canada Commander GorMor is offline
HARK HARK
Wii U ID: Dr-Reggie (PM me first) 3DS ID: 3153-4263-2807 (PM me first)
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 36 years in space
View Posts: 7,547
Re: The True Zelda Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJuke24 View Post
This is awful no offense... Oracle of seasons and spirit tracks have NO business making it to round 2 -___- nobody believes that those are top games. They should be out in the first round that's why the seeding system is how it should be..
Excuse me?

Oh I'm so sorry, I did not know that only your opinions mattered, Mr. High and Mighty.

The reason there is this new tournament is to give other games a more fair advantage through RANDOMIZATION, therefore, the thing is supposed to be unpredictable.

Goddamn.
__________________

[Art Thread] [Tumblr][Sig by .Hog]
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-15-2011, 12:54 AM
iJuke24 iJuke24 is a male United States iJuke24 is offline
Zora Warrior
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Andover, Minnesota/ from Boston
View Posts: 342
Re: The True Zelda Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goron Moron View Post
Excuse me?

Oh I'm so sorry, I did not know that only your opinions mattered, Mr. High and Mighty.

The reason there is this new tournament is to give other games a more fair advantage through RANDOMIZATION, therefore, the thing is supposed to be unpredictable.

Goddamn.
I'm not high and might lol. If FS was a better game it would beat OoT in a vote, BUT IT'S NOT!!! Now we have an unnecessary 2nd best game vote going, cluttering up the section. I guess every sport in the world got it's seeding system wrong... The reason all those games are making it to the next round is because they are the better games!
__________________
Twilight Princess > Ocarina of Time > Wind Waker > A Link to the Past > Skyward Sword
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-15-2011, 01:02 AM
American Soldier United States American Soldier is offline
Banned User
Steam ID: sircalibur
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ponyville
View Posts: 2,560
Re: The True Zelda Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJuke24 View Post
I'm not high and might lol. If FS was a better game it would beat OoT in a vote, BUT IT'S NOT!!! Now we have an unnecessary 2nd best game vote going, cluttering up the section. I guess every sport in the world got it's seeding system wrong... The reason all those games are making it to the next round is because they are the better games!
Populations can be wrong.

Just look at religion.

(Ooh, controversy.)

If Ocarina of Time is truly the best game, then it will win. If Ocarina of Time wins, it doesn't matter how far Four Swords advanced. People will still vote for their preferred game, regardless of who it's up against. Randomization eliminates the sensationalism that seeding tries to instill by allowing more powerful/popular contestants to move up with no challenge.

And what sort of clutter are you referring to? Pinkie Pie sees none.
Last Edited by American Soldier; 12-15-2011 at 01:03 AM. Reason:
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-15-2011, 01:08 AM
Commander GorMor Canada Commander GorMor is offline
HARK HARK
Wii U ID: Dr-Reggie (PM me first) 3DS ID: 3153-4263-2807 (PM me first)
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 36 years in space
View Posts: 7,547
Re: The True Zelda Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJuke24 View Post
I'm not high and might lol. If FS was a better game it would beat OoT in a vote, BUT IT'S NOT!!! Now we have an unnecessary 2nd best game vote going, cluttering up the section. I guess every sport in the world got it's seeding system wrong... The reason all those games are making it to the next round is because they are the better games!
Of course I don't expect something like FS to win against OoT.

But as Pinkie Pie stated before, seeding is unfair. This tournament aims to see what people prefer over games paired with certain games, through randomized pairings.

FS may lose to OoT, that's no brainer given how damn "perfect" OoT is. But what if FS was paired with FSA, or with PH? What then? We get to see what people like between the two.

By all means, I expect the 3D games to get to the finals. Because after all, everyone hates the handhelds and everyone loves the consoles. But it'll be something to see even a couple of handheld, unpopular games get to the second or maybe even third rounds.

But to say that OoS and ST shouldn't even be given the chance to get to the second round just because they're OoS and ST? That's like saying that the tournament should only focus on console 3D games, and last time I checked, those aren't the only Zelda games in existence.
__________________

[Art Thread] [Tumblr][Sig by .Hog]
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-15-2011, 01:13 AM
iJuke24 iJuke24 is a male United States iJuke24 is offline
Zora Warrior
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Andover, Minnesota/ from Boston
View Posts: 342
Re: The True Zelda Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie View Post
Populations can be wrong.

Just look at religion.

(Ooh, controversy.)

If Ocarina of Time is truly the best game, then it will win. If Ocarina of Time wins, it doesn't matter how far Four Swords advanced. People will still vote for their preferred game, regardless of who it's up against. Randomization eliminates the sensationalism that seeding tries to instill by allowing more powerful/popular contestants to move up with no challenge.

And what sort of clutter are you referring to? Pinkie Pie sees none.
Half of the threads in this section are 'favorite Zelda game poll' threads. That's the clutter I'm talking about. And by nature your tournament is a popularity contest so by saying that it doesn't matter what the masses says is contradicting your whole tournament, because your tournament is a popularity contest!!! So you're just being contradictory.

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goron Moron View Post
Of course I don't expect something like FS to win against OoT.

But as Pinkie Pie stated before, seeding is unfair. This tournament aims to see what people prefer over games paired with certain games, through randomized pairings.

FS may lose to OoT, that's no brainer given how damn "perfect" OoT is. But what if FS was paired with FSA, or with PH? What then? We get to see what people like between the two.

By all means, I expect the 3D games to get to the finals. Because after all, everyone hates the handhelds and everyone loves the consoles. But it'll be something to see even a couple of handheld, unpopular games get to the second or maybe even third rounds.

But to say that OoS and ST shouldn't even be given the chance to get to the second round just because they're OoS and ST? That's like saying that the tournament should only focus on console 3D games, and last time I checked, those aren't the only Zelda games in existence.
What I'm saying is what's the difference of OoS getting blown out in the first round or the 3rd? Why have WW get eliminated before OoS when WW is clearly the superior game by majority opinion?!

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goron Moron View Post
Of course I don't expect something like FS to win against OoT.

But as Pinkie Pie stated before, seeding is unfair. This tournament aims to see what people prefer over games paired with certain games, through randomized pairings.

FS may lose to OoT, that's no brainer given how damn "perfect" OoT is. But what if FS was paired with FSA, or with PH? What then? We get to see what people like between the two.

By all means, I expect the 3D games to get to the finals. Because after all, everyone hates the handhelds and everyone loves the consoles. But it'll be something to see even a couple of handheld, unpopular games get to the second or maybe even third rounds.

But to say that OoS and ST shouldn't even be given the chance to get to the second round just because they're OoS and ST? That's like saying that the tournament should only focus on console 3D games, and last time I checked, those aren't the only Zelda games in existence.
What I'm saying is what's the difference of OoS getting blown out in the first round or the 3rd? Why have WW get eliminated before OoS when WW is clearly the superior game by majority opinion?!

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

Sorry about the double post, posting from my phone..
__________________
Twilight Princess > Ocarina of Time > Wind Waker > A Link to the Past > Skyward Sword
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-15-2011, 01:18 AM
American Soldier United States American Soldier is offline
Banned User
Steam ID: sircalibur
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ponyville
View Posts: 2,560
Re: The True Zelda Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJuke24 View Post
Half of the threads in this section are 'favorite Zelda game poll' threads. That's the clutter I'm talking about. And by nature your tournament is a popularity contest so by saying that it doesn't matter what the masses says is contradicting your whole tournament, because your tournament is a popularity contest!!! So you're just being contradictory.
It would be far more of a popularity contest if the bigger games were thrown in with the smaller ones. There would be no competition. 3D would clean house and evict the other titles.

You have yet to explain how the seeding system is superior. All it does is allow certain games/teams to move up quickly because they are more popular.

LOOK HERE.


Since you don't seem to notice it every time Pinkie Pie posts it, she threw some catchy font up to grab your attention.

Randomizing the contestants will not, Pinkie Pie repeats NOT affect the outcome of the tournament, assuming preferences do not change when certain games are paired together. "Weaker" teams/games will make it further into the brackets, but they will still be eliminated when met with a sufficiently powerful opponent. The end result will be the same as a game that was seeded.

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

Quote:
What I'm saying is what's the difference of OoS getting blown out in the first round or the 3rd? Why have WW get eliminated before OoS when WW is clearly the superior game by majority opinion?!
Why shouldn't Wind Waker be voted out if the voters genuinely prefer another game? The Oracle games are not responsible for Wind Waker losing a popularity contest to Majora's Mask.
Last Edited by American Soldier; 12-15-2011 at 01:19 AM. Reason:
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-15-2011, 01:19 AM
Commander GorMor Canada Commander GorMor is offline
HARK HARK
Wii U ID: Dr-Reggie (PM me first) 3DS ID: 3153-4263-2807 (PM me first)
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 36 years in space
View Posts: 7,547
Re: The True Zelda Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJuke24 View Post

What I'm saying is what's the difference of OoS getting blown out in the first round or the 3rd? Why have WW get eliminated before OoS when WW is clearly the superior game by majority opinion?!
You're not listening. OoS and ST are currently paired PH and ALttP respectively in Pinkie Pie's tournament, other titles that most people don't think of as much as the 3D console games. Okay ALttP is probably thought a little more of, but in comparison to things like OoT? Not as much.

It is NOT about OoS versus TWW. It is about OoS versus PH. That is the current focus, and people are seeing which of those two are the more better or popular ones. It will ONLY be about OoS and TWW if the two happen to be paired to each other. But since they're not, that is not the focus.

You say that this tournament is a popularity poll. However you keep referring to Zeldaoot's tournament, which is the tournament that's currently OoT vs FS and OoS vs TWW.

However, Zeldaoot is really no different from this one. It's still a popularity contest, and from the impression I'm getting, you think Zeldaoot's tournament is better than Pinkie Pie's tournament even though they're both" popularity contests".

That is biased.
__________________

[Art Thread] [Tumblr][Sig by .Hog]
Last Edited by Commander GorMor; 12-15-2011 at 01:19 AM. Reason:
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-15-2011, 01:23 AM
iJuke24 iJuke24 is a male United States iJuke24 is offline
Zora Warrior
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Andover, Minnesota/ from Boston
View Posts: 342
Re: The True Zelda Tournament

I never said there was anythig wrong with it being a popularity contest though, she did! I know it's a popularity contest. And if it doesnt change the outcome why have ST make it past round one, and have WW eliminated by MM when WW is CLEARLY superior to ST. WW deserves to be in the next round. ST doesn't. Eliminating WW in the first round is a tragedy when ST, an awful game is making it to the next round!
__________________
Twilight Princess > Ocarina of Time > Wind Waker > A Link to the Past > Skyward Sword
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-15-2011, 01:27 AM
Commander GorMor Canada Commander GorMor is offline
HARK HARK
Wii U ID: Dr-Reggie (PM me first) 3DS ID: 3153-4263-2807 (PM me first)
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 36 years in space
View Posts: 7,547
Re: The True Zelda Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJuke24 View Post
I never said there was anythig wrong with it being a popularity contest though, she did! I know it's a popularity contest. And if it doesnt change the outcome why have ST make it past round one, and have WW eliminated by MM when WW is CLEARLY superior to ST. WW deserves to be in the next round. ST doesn't. Eliminating WW in the first round is a tragedy when ST, an awful game is making it to the next round!
You make it sound like that if ST and TWW got to the second round, they would be paired up. I'm pretty certain that all rounds will have randomized pairings, you can't assume stuff like that.

And who ♥♥♥♥ing cares if TWW is eliminated and ST gets to the second round. That is the damn point of this entire tournament, to see what games the majority of people prefer.

And if you were really paying attention to the results, you'd see that ALttP is beating ST.

By the way, that is your opinion. I personally liked ST, but I also liked TWW, ALttP and MM. Point is, I don't hate ST and therefore you cannot expect everyone to think the same. Again, you're acting like only your opinion matters.
__________________

[Art Thread] [Tumblr][Sig by .Hog]
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-15-2011, 01:28 AM
American Soldier United States American Soldier is offline
Banned User
Steam ID: sircalibur
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ponyville
View Posts: 2,560
Re: The True Zelda Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJuke24 View Post
I never said there was anythig wrong with it being a popularity contest though, she did! I know it's a popularity contest. And if it doesnt change the outcome why have ST make it past round one, and have WW eliminated by MM when WW is CLEARLY superior to ST. WW deserves to be in the next round. ST doesn't. Eliminating WW in the first round is a tragedy when ST, an awful game is making it to the next round!

YOU.

DO.

NOT.

GET.

IT.


For the last time, if Wind Waker loses to Majora's Mask right now, it is losing to MAJORA'S MASK.

MAJORA'S.
MASK.


Not Oracle of Seasons. Not Phantom Hourglass. Not any of those other games you hate so much. Wind Waker will have lost to one of the other titans. If it loses now, then it would have lost further down the road. Its departure does not damage the integrity of the tournament in the slightest. If you take issue with Spirit Tracks' moving up, take it up with the people who voted for it.
Last Edited by American Soldier; 12-15-2011 at 01:30 AM. Reason:
1 person liked this post: Coconut Water
Closed Thread

Tags
legend, pinkie is best pony, ponies, zelda


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 AM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -
no new posts