Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: What is your Favourite Zelda Game?
The Legend of Zelda 6 0.81%
The Adventure of Link 6 0.81%
A Link to the Past 51 6.89%
Link's Awakening 6 0.81%
Ocarina of Time 167 22.57%
Majora's Mask 161 21.76%
Oracles of Seasons/Ages 8 1.08%
Four Swords/Four Swords Adventure 1 0.14%
The Wind Waker 120 16.22%
The Minish Cap 8 1.08%
Twilight Princess 112 15.14%
Phantom Hourglass 2 0.27%
Spirit Tracks 4 0.54%
Skyward Sword 86 11.62%
Other (Spinoff) 2 0.27%
Voters: 740. You may not vote on this poll

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#161 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-22-2012, 05:49 AM
lordarturius lordarturius is a male United States lordarturius is offline
View Posts: 494
Re: Favorite Zelda Game

I went with Twilight Princess. I would have to say that up until recently, OoT was my favorite. But TP was awesome. I loved the twilight aspect of the game. Wolf Link was hardcore and Midna was an excellent character. Even Zant was a cool "big bad guy". I loved his character as well. The graphics were excellent, the music was good as always, and the gameplay was pretty awesome.

Signature by Sólsetur
  #162 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-29-2012, 03:04 PM
Light Spirit
Wii U ID: Tlozbj 3DS ID: 0001-3303-1181
View Posts: 4,246

i would say SS the graphics are just a good mix beetween TP and WW,its story is great the characters have more personality than in other games, the surface is just great to explore because of its scenery and the motion controls just make it alot better
  #163 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-30-2012, 10:19 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 26

Hmmm. My favorite Zelda game, I fee rather shorted in this regard simply because I haven't had the pleasure of playing alll of the Zelda games, but even so I do have a favorite. The first Zelda game I got my hands on was OoT for my newly christen N64 back in the day, so effectively it was the game that started it all for my interest, and addition, to gaming. Tragedy, struggle, character interactions - the overall story itself, coupled with its colourful design and overall gaming feel totally hooked me. I played that game over and over again ... So when MM was released I was only too ecstatic to purchase it. Whereas MM is a very strong game in its own rights, as is OoT, I find it difficult to pin down exactly which is my favorite - Twilight Princess and Wind Waker are enjoyable games, I love playing through them as well for similar reasons that I do OoT.

... But, nostalgia and memories win out, so I have to say OoT is my favorite Zelda at present. I am sure it will change as I continue to play through the games over and over, but presently I find it hard to beat - but, I have to agree with Fruit Salad, MM is a top competitor for its strong conveyance of melancholy. The more I debate between the two, the more my mind becomes skewed on which is the 'winner' for favorite, >____>

Drats.
  #164 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-05-2012, 09:47 PM
View Posts: 10

I'm definitely going to have to go with Twilight Princess on this one. My first Zelda game was TWW (and it will always be very near and dear to my heart), and my second was TP. I still remember seeing the opening screen for the first time. My jaw hit the floor, dug a tunnel to the earth's core, and kept on going! I love the graphics style, the darker plot, wolf-mode.......everything! I love every Zelda game I've played, but Twilight Princess definitely takes the cake in my opinion.
1 person liked this post: Reila
  #165 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-13-2012, 04:30 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 16

My order:

Ocarina of Time (I'm sorry, this was the game that just blew my mind away. The lore, the storyline, the gameplay. Holy cow..)
Skyward Sword (Once I play this more as I've only played a single run-through, it could possibly #1)
Majora's Mask (The first time I tried to play this, the three day thing kept throwing me off. This easily rounds off my top 3 favorite Zelda games)
A Link into the Past (Possibly the game that got me reeeeeeally into Zelda series. For an SNES, the graphics aren't bad!)
Twilight Princess (I honestly have only played this once all the way through on gamecube and don't remember much about the gameplay or story, for that matter, except Midna turned out to be a hot but weird looking princess)
Windwaker (the only reason I bought a gamecube, took forever to beat)
Link's Awakening (The only game I played on GBA besides pokemon)
Adventure of Link (My aunt and my brother would play this game when I was muuuuch younger and I always loved to watch them. I always got stuck somewhere until I dug it out and replayed it via emulator)
The Legend of Zelda (I know we had this game growing up, but I didn't understand it. No story, just a mad dash thru dungeons collecting items. After replaying it as a teenager, I found a place in my heart)
Oracle of Seasons/Ages (my bro and I bought this for our GBAs [oops, I lied... I played THIS, Links Awakening and Pokemon], and he would never let me play Ages until we moved and I dug it out and played it. Seasons was pretty cool though)

I have never played the following, so I can't comment.
Four Swords/Four Swords Adventure
The Minish Cap
Phantom Hourglass
Spirit Tracks
  #166 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-14-2012, 11:33 PM
Winged Mogma
Steam ID: Nelsyv
View Posts: 149

I said Skyward Sword, and no I am not enamored with it because I just beat it, I've actually beaten Oracle of Seasons and Majora's Mask since then And frankly, why the heck is Spirit Tracks beating out Phantom Hourglass? I mean, PH wasn't a great game, but it doesn't take much, comparatively, to take ST. The game was easily the worst in the series. Then again, I don't like Majora's Mask very much either. Although I do like it more since I went through all the sidequests to get the FD mask (which I used on my first time ever facing majora makes it pathetically easy)

Anyways, so now I'd go in this order:

Skyward Sword
The Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
Ocarina of Time
The Minish Cap
Four Swords
Majora's Mask
Link's Awakening
A Link to the Past
Oracles of Seasons/Ages
Phantom Hourglass
The Legend of Zelda (Haven't beaten)
The Adventure of Link (Haven't beaten)
Four Swords Adventure (Haven't played)
Spirit Tracks

I actually haven't gotten very far into the first two games, so I just stuck them in at the bottom. I have never even touched 4SA so I put that in right above ST who was taking the spot as caboose. (eh, get the bad joke? I'm so punny! )
Last Edited by Nelsyv; 06-14-2012 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #167 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-14-2012, 11:42 PM
#Dysphoriyawn

View Posts: 16,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsyv View Post

Anyways, so now I'd go in this order:

Skyward Sword
The Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
Ocarina of Time
The Minish Cap
Four Swords
Majora's Mask
Link's Awakening
A Link to the Past
Oracles of Seasons/Ages
Phantom Hourglass
The Legend of Zelda (Haven't beaten)
The Adventure of Link (Haven't beaten)
Four Swords Adventure (Haven't played)
Spirit Tracks
HOW IS TP in front of OoT?

And how can you put a game you have never played in front of a game you have?
  #168 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-15-2012, 12:08 AM
ć -x.
View Posts: 17,736

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor Sicarius View Post
HOW IS TP in front of OoT?

And how can you put a game you have never played in front of a game you have?
It's a personal opinion and personal taste.

I'm pretty sure you should now this by now. :p
  #169 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-15-2012, 10:38 PM
The Hero of Time
View Posts: 1,860

While PH wasn't great, I'm still surprised that it hasn't gotten a single vote. Oh well, my current favorites (including remakes) are:

My Top 3 Console Zelda games:

Skyward Sword
Majora's Mask
The Wind Waker

My Top 2 Handheld Zelda games (have not played OoX):

1. Ocarina of Time 3D
2. Link's Awakening DX

Played some, but not beat yet/Simply Beat/100% complete at least one quest/Not played at all
(not counting 2nd quests in any category)

LoZ, AoL, ALttP, LADX, OoT, MM, OoS, OoA, TWW, FSA, TMC, TP, PH, ST,
OoT3D, FS:AE, SS
, ALBW
  #170 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-17-2012, 10:12 AM
Hermione Granger Hermione Granger is a female England Hermione Granger is offline
Ordon Rancher
View Posts: 64

TP, i love everything. Midna's story, gameplay and the Characters had meaning.
  #171 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Stalker
View Posts: 11

For a lot of reasons, often different reasons, every Zelda game grabs myself in a different way. Much as I am sure it does for everyone else.

And no matter which game is perhaps more technically advanced or enjoyable to play, but individuals who are perhaps older, who have played Zelda games quite literally through the ages; are more likely to prefer the first games they ever played. and nostalgia will play a big part of discerning someones favourite.

A game that I feel never gets the credit it deserves is A Link to the Past. It is everything that Zelda is renowkned for, they captured the essence of everything that Zelda now represents in that game. It had some killer music, some epic dark tones (quite literally through the dark world) You had the storyline, the snes' powerful processor and ability to save. It was wonderful.

And that's why it is my favourite. I feel that Ocarina of Time is now a little over-rated. Please do not get me wrong, I love Ocarina of Time and I loved playing through it, it was a wonderful, I loved playing the remake on the 3DS (Everytime I had to make a really large jump downward, I would turn the 3D up and it would make my stomach turn) It was done very well. But it is certainly not the be all or end all, it just marked an exceptional point in Nintendo's life of Zelda and showed everything they were capable of.

Miyamoto spoke of how aLttP is his favourite and he would love to recreate it. I hope he doesn't and I hope that Nintendo doesn't feel the need to either. ;D
  #172 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-18-2012, 03:24 AM
View Posts: 42

all zelda games are the best
  #173 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-18-2012, 04:00 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 9

Majoras mask is amazing from the beautiful music to the breath taking environments that game is hands down my favorite. I am so happy to see that so many people appriciate majoras mask like I do: ) its such a moving game .
  #174 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-21-2012, 01:13 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 15

Twilight Princess takes the cake for me. It wasn't the first zelda game that I played, but it was the one that I played the most. I loved the characters, the graphics and art style were the best in the entire series(except maybe windwaker). The gameplay was fantastic, the music was so amazing and memorable, and I loved all of the items in the game. I also loved being a wolf and the whole twilight aspect of the game, I thought that was absolutely brilliant. Ocarina of Time definitively takes second place for me.
  #175 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-21-2012, 01:22 PM
Twili
View Posts: 439

For me it would be Oracle of Ages, with Oracle of seasons a close 2nd
I love both the oracles, i know they aren't the most conventional/popular, but i became so immersed in the story, and i loved linking the games..
  #176 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-21-2012, 05:47 PM
My country's little flag icon is too dark :/
View Posts: 23

A Link To The Past, and Majora's Mask... i seriously can't choose between those two. AlttP was my first one, because of it... i'm a Zelda fan... and MM... that game is just PERFECT... it was my 4th Zelda game but i really, really like that game very much. Anyway... every Zelda game from the series is amazing to me... but those two are my fav
  #177 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-23-2012, 07:04 PM
HylianHero234 HylianHero234 is a male United States HylianHero234 is offline
Anouki
View Posts: 59

Ocarina of Time is what I consider the greatest video game of all time, thus it is my favorite Zelda game in every aspect. I just like it so so so much.

I really lol'd when I saw that PH had 0 votes.
  #178 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-25-2012, 02:29 PM
GreenGirlEmma GreenGirlEmma is a female Scotland GreenGirlEmma is offline
Gerudo Thief
Steam ID: Kairros
View Posts: 146

Majora's Mask- the only Zelda game to date with any real in depth characterisation that goes beyond one or two characters. The darkest game, the most enigmatic. The best!
  #179 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-01-2012, 07:12 AM
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Steam ID: xlakitu Wii U ID: Nicolini
View Posts: 2,496

My favorite used to be Twilight Princess, but after sitting down with Wind Waker reflecting about what makes it what it is, I had to change my mind. There might be some negative sides to it, like every other title, but the positive stuff overshadows it completely.
1 person liked this post: LenticDragon
  #180 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-03-2012, 11:28 PM
LenticDragon LenticDragon is a male United States LenticDragon is offline
Kokiri
View Posts: 67

Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time I love. I've always wanted to try Majora's Mask.