Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2011, 03:59 AM
OniVictoriousLink OniVictoriousLink is a male United States OniVictoriousLink is offline
Banned User
View Posts: 80
How many times have you completed each Zelda game (backup progress included)?

I am going to play the Zelda series everyday for the rest of my life. Although, I am currently on Twilight Princess and have backup (proof) of all the times I've completed it on Youtube, I will make backup videos of other Zelda games completed as well.

Now how many times have you completed a Zelda game? (if you have any of your own backup progress like me, then go ahead and post it). And also, how long did it take you, etc.?

Finally, here is my proof of completing Twilight Princess (photos taken):

The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess Photos pictures by Space_Raven - Photobucket

And, of course, the videos (which are very few so far, 178 of them):

http://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyoukaialienyasha#p/u

My file name is obviously Matt. Each time I complete the game, I then go on to another file named Matt (example, Matt17 then Matt18, etc). I have fully completed Zelda Twilight Princess 30 times (all the other videos proving this will be posted on Youtube as well).

I upload, on average, 10 videos per day. So each time I fully complete the game and upload all the videos pertaining to a fully completed gaming session (which is around 60 videos), I will edit this post with a notice indicating that I have completed the game once again. Therefore, this post will be edited approximately once a week (or perhaps a little later) with an update of around 60 uploaded Youtube Zelda videos and a fully completed gaming session (file). It takes me 2 days to fully complete Zelda Twilight Princess (getting all the heart pieces and everything else), but it takes approximately a week or more to upload all the videos pertaining to one completed game file.

I not only wish to backup my Zelda progress in the form of videos, but also in the form of an inspiration. Me saying that I will play Zelda and update this topic with videos for the rest of my life might inspire a Zelda fan to keep looking back on this topic in order for him/her to witness a non-stop Zelda fan who keeps on playing Zelda and creating backup videos (and, of course, all the other obsessive Zelda fans like me).

I create these backup videos because if I just complete the game, erase it and start a new file, I feel like I am just deleting everything I've earned and starting over. But with these videos, I feel like I am getting an infinite number of heart containers, pieces of heart, adventuring, etc. despite that the fact still remains (I am completing the game and starting over). The videos are not of good quality and have no sound though.

Update (7/20/2011): I have uploaded a total of 235 Twilight Princess videos. File Matt19 completed, now uploading videos pertaining to the next completed game file (Matt20).
Last Edited by OniVictoriousLink; 07-20-2011 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2011, 04:20 AM
Light Spirit
Steam ID: a6mzerosen
View Posts: 3,279
Re: How many times have you completed each Zelda game (backup progress included)?

I lost count of how many times I have beaten OOT. Its many many many many times.
I have beaten Majoras Mask about 6 times (though I used to spend hours and hours just glitched the hell out of MM), Wind Waker around 4, and TP only twice because I dislike that game. Oracle of Ages once, A Link To The Past once, and I have gotten to the last dungoen in both Zelda 1 and 2 before I didn't have access to the games anymore.

The only games I own are TP and OOT, the others have been played simply by borrowing them off friends.
(this is why some games have such low counts and OOT has such a high one, excluding TP)

I haven't played much Zelda in recent years. I kind of lost interest in it honestly. However coming back to this site and reading the Zelda sections has inspired me to start playing Links Awakening.

I have never made back up videos to games, I don't care if people beleive I have beaten the games or not.
Last Edited by Potion; 07-15-2011 at 04:27 AM. Reason: spelling Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2011, 04:28 AM
There comes a time for every man to sail the seas of cheese
View Posts: 1,620
Re: How many times have you completed each Zelda game (backup progress included)?

TP is too bad to beat 30 times. That is the amount of playthroughs I gave to Resident Evil 4 (A technically superior product.)

Tp is a decent game admittedly, but with all the tedium I'm not sure why anyone would subject themselves to it more than twice.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2011, 09:41 AM
Captain Planet Captain Planet is a male United States Captain Planet is offline
Cool as a Cucumber
Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Planet
View Posts: 275

I've played some games more than others, I don't have a log per se, but I've kept count.

The Legend of Zelda: 2x

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link: 1x

A Link to the Past: 9x

Link's Awakening: 3x

Ocarina of Time: 11x

Master Quest: 3x

Majora's Mask: 13x

Oracle of Seasons: 2x

Oracle of Ages: 1x

The Wind Waker: 6x

Four Swords: 1x

Four Swords Adventures: 4x

The Minish Cap: 1x

Twilight Princess: 2x

Phantom Hourglass: None

Spirit Tracks: None
Last Edited by Captain Planet; 07-15-2011 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2011, 09:58 AM
Anouki
View Posts: 39

A Link to the Past is my most-played Zelda game. I don't have a proper count, but it's gotta be at least 20x

A Link to the Past: 20

Ocarina of Time: 3

The Wind Waker: 2

Twilight Princess: 1

Oracle of Ages: 1

Oracle of Seasons: 1

The Legend of Zelda: 1

The Minish Cap: 1

Four Swords Adventures: 1
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2011, 09:59 AM
But Vegeta, Trix are for kids
View Posts: 979

LOZ- 1
Lttp- 1
LA- 2-3
OoT- lots...andlotsandlotsandlots...
MM- see above
WW see above
OoX- 2-3
MC- 4-6
TP see OoT
PH- 2
ST- 2

I dunno. Best guestimate I have. Handheld games I generally beat once or twice and go through a ton of reruns but never stay interested long enough to make it to the end. PH and ST are kinda of a different story, but I haven't had them for that long. The 3D ones I always play, so I've done countless playthroughs all the way. WW's probably the one I completed the least amount of times out of the four, followed by MM, then TP, then OoT.
But never will

Wolf Pack Pride
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2011, 10:55 AM
Mogma
View Posts: 186

I don't have an exact count. I have only played through the 3d games once. The pacing is too slow for me to go through TP even again, but I'll probably play through OoT and MM again at some point. I've played through ALTTP the most times. It's just the easiest one to pick up and start playing for me. I've played through both quests of the original LoZ several times as well and played through AoL a few times. AoL is a lot more enjoyable to replay since you begin the game completely leveled up and have the downward thrust. It's nice to revisit death mountain and dish out some revenge.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Skyloftian
View Posts: 752

The Legend of Zelda: 3

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link: 1

A Link to the Past: 10+

Link's Awakening: 1

BS Zelda: 2

Ancient Stone Tablets: 10+

Ocarina of Time: 2

Master Quest: 1

Majora's Mask: 2

Oracle of Seasons: 1

Oracle of Ages: 1

The Wind Waker: 6

Four Swords: 1

Four Swords Adventures: 3

The Minish Cap: 1

Twilight Princess: 2

Phantom Hourglass: 1

Spirit Tracks: 1
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2011, 12:50 PM
Cornelius Fudge Cornelius Fudge is a male United States Cornelius Fudge is offline
Nine Tailed Jinchuuriki
View Posts: 3,166

OOT- 2(On my 3rd playthrough)

MM- 1(On my 2nd playthrough)

TP- 2

WW- 1
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2011, 03:26 PM
Sage ja, Zu der Einsamkeit, die sich in deiner Seele qušlt
View Posts: 10,671

Lol, yeah, like I remember all of them...
The Legend of Zelda: 6x
(hard mode): 1x

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link: 2x

A Link to the Past: 3x

Ocarina of Time: 14x

Majora's Mask: 9x

The Minish Cap: 24x

Twilight Princess: 1x

Phantom Hourglass: 3x

Spirit Tracks: 1x

I play a lot of these games over and over again because I get bored a lot...
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Sour Gummy Worms
View Posts: 3,463

LoZ: 2
AoL: 0
ALttP: 0
LA: 0
OoT: 3
MM: 0
OoA: 0
OoS: 0
FS: 0
WW: 3
FSA: 10
MC: 5
TP: 0
PH: 0
ST: 0

So yeah, I'm hardcore. Only on the good Zelda games, though.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2011, 03:31 PM
Custom User Title
Steam ID: Khao84 Wii U ID: KhaoMortadios 3DS ID: 1075-0789-4675
View Posts: 11,221

TLoZ - 2, both 100%, I've also gotten like a billion times to level 6 in one sitting.

AoL - 1, 100%.

ALttP - 5, only one was 100%, wich is a GBA file I still keep.

LA - 1.

OoT - 9, again, only one is 100%, on the Collector's Edition.

MM - 2, but the amount of times I've started with a new file is probably so insanely huge that I would think it was a joke when I were to see the number.

OoS - 2, with and without password.

OoA - 1, no password.

TWW - 6.

TMC - 2, can't remember if I 100%'d it.

FS - just once.

FSA - at least 3, not sure.

TP - 5, all GCN, one was 100% EXCEPT FOR ONE ♥♥♥♥ING POE SOUL I CAN'T FIND ANYWHERE.

PH - 2.

ST - 2.

And yah, that's it.

I'm not currently playing any Zelda, but I plan on "stealing" one-guy-in-my-class's copy of OoT 3D after he beats it so I can play on a graphically enhanced 3D Master Quest version as my 10th playthrough.

Unless he doesn't get it, that is, then I'll probably remain Zelda-less until Skyward Sword.
Last Edited by Khaoabunga; 07-15-2011 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2011, 08:02 PM
Light Spirit
Steam ID: a6mzerosen
View Posts: 3,279

Quote:
one was 100% EXCEPT FOR ONE ♥♥♥♥ING POE SOUL I CAN'T FIND ANYWHERE.
Same here I have all the bugs and heart pieces on my TP file but there is one Poe I cannot find no matter where I look.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2011, 08:12 PM
Twili
View Posts: 403

The only number I've ever recorded is the big fat zero hovering above Four Swords.