Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-24-2011, 10:16 AM
TheSageOfDarkness TheSageOfDarkness is a male United States TheSageOfDarkness is offline
Kokiri
View Posts: 93
Zelda MMORPG.

I have thought about this with a few friends. Would it not be cool to be running around Hyrule with other players online like it's WOW doing all the quest with a bunch friends of and instead of new games just get new packs. Play as Link, OR even as a gerudo or a Zora, even a Goron. Have PVP battles to the death. Sound like it could work to me. If WII 2 is going to be as advanced as everybody says it is going to be, I hope Nintendo thinks about making a game like this.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-24-2011, 10:18 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 2,850
Re: Zelda MMORPG.

I can't say I would enjoy that one bit.

"I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth."

1 person liked this post: Linksoer
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-24-2011, 10:36 AM
Banned User
Steam ID: sircalibur
View Posts: 2,560

Oh boy, here we go again.

Can't this idea just die?
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-24-2011, 10:53 AM
TheSageOfDarkness TheSageOfDarkness is a male United States TheSageOfDarkness is offline
Kokiri
View Posts: 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon View Post
I can't say I would enjoy that one bit.
You would not enjoy playing with a friend being so frustrated at water temples with them and laughing about it running around and drinking a beer. I think it would be a great idea if done right.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-24-2011, 10:58 AM
Banned User
Steam ID: sircalibur
View Posts: 2,560

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSageOfDarkness View Post
You would not enjoy playing with a friend being so frustrated at water temples with them and laughing about it running around and drinking a beer. I think it would be a great idea if done right.
You want an MMO. That kind of gameplay is very rarely found in MMOs, especially if you want it to be very story-focused and work with something like a temple. More than likely, it would end up a generic World of Warcraft clone.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-24-2011, 11:23 AM
Magical Miracle Girl ★ Usami!
Steam ID: superpaniland Wii U ID: Panique

View Posts: 24,860

Aw, you negative nancies.

I'd enjoy a Zelda MMO! As long as it was done right. To my standards.

I dunno, I feel like it'd be really fun to have a Zelda MMO, where you could go through dungeons and temples with a whole bunch of different races from the series. Maybe set in an alternate world, though; I don't really think I'd like to see it set in Hyrule, because I don't think it'd be big enough for an MMO universe. A new, giant map with a whole bunch of dungeons and temples, though... wheeee. I'd play as a Gerudo!

I don't think they'll ever make anything like it, but I'd definitely play, as long as it was created pretty well.
Last Edited by Panique; 05-24-2011 at 11:24 AM. Reason:
1 person liked this post: TheSageOfDarkness
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-26-2011, 04:43 PM
Súndav Istalrí Súndav Istalrí is a male United States Súndav Istalrí is offline
Send a message via Skype™ to Súndav Istalrí
View Posts: 942

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSageOfDarkness View Post
Play as Link, OR even as a gerudo or a Zora, even a Goron.
I dont think it would work out very well if there were 200,000 links running around hyrule at the same time... how about you choose between a Zora, Gerudo, Goron, Sheikah (I would so be a sheikah (a MALE sheikah)) or a hylian.

Quote:
On 1/8/14, at 9:32 PM, Double A wrote:
> we were just discussing how we'd like to rub syrup all over your sculpted torso
Quote:
On 1/13/14, at 2:44 AM, Double A wrote:
> [refering to a pic of me] omigod sundav my panties can't take it
Last Edited by Súndav Istalrí; 05-26-2011 at 04:52 PM. Reason:
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Battle routine, set! Execute!
View Posts: 4,658

Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf should all be NPC's, and we should get to design what our characters look like as well as choosing our class (race).

I'd enjoy trying this out.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-26-2011, 05:05 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,252

An MMO would be fun; an MMORPG would suck. I hate hack and slash. I don't think the current model for MMORPGs would work for Zelda. Something where there's a functioning economy, and you make your own quests(otherwise called day-to-day business) would be okay. There would also have to be some reason to go into dungeons, since once they're beaten, why would anyone go there? If it were .hack/zelda, I would play. Most people just have no idea how ♡♡♡♡ty MMORPGs are though, because they've never played a real RPG.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-26-2011, 06:48 PM
Mah Boi
Send a message via Yahoo to Yottabyte Send a message via Skype™ to Yottabyte
View Posts: 301

The idea has a lot of potential, I think. I mean, the pieces are there- you have a fairly large established world, a bunch of unique races to choose from, many colorful characters to use as NPCs, etc- one just needs to brilliantly bring them together into something interesting and fun.

What I think might work best is a game-play style similar to the rest of the Zelda series (action-adventure style, real-time fighting, and so forth) perhaps with just a few RPG elements like leveling-up of various skills, stats, or whatnot to gauge your growth as a character over time. There may be an over-arching storyline going on perhaps (a war or something), but that's not necessary. It could very well take place in a time of relative peace where your only goal is to do whatever you want, like becoming a warrior for your people/race, becoming a treasure hunter, or something to that effect.

But anyway, yeah, if a lot of care and attention is put toward its development, I think it could certainly work.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-18-2012, 05:43 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 2
Thumbs up why is everybody so negative

think.
just think how cool it is to travel and adventure in theworld of zelda.
no hero in green, just people playing. id like it with an interresting Storyline though. pick a race, like hylians,gorons,zoras,sheikas,gerudos. (i would like ritos too) choose a class like knight or shaman, and then just explore lands like hyrule,termina, or holodrum. do quests with friends and havefun! maybe i will look a bit like a standard mmorpg, but thats good, so you can have more fresh and new things on that base. and with zeldas cool style and world of course!
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-18-2012, 06:26 PM
Skyloftian
View Posts: 752

No. They would need to do it Dark Souls style where the game is mostly singular but people can come in as phantoms to help or harm. Call the game Knights of Hyrule and have everyone pick a knight class.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-18-2012, 06:34 PM
the better end of all to come
Send a message via AIM to breegull
View Posts: 94

The big problem with the basis of your idea is that you want it to be like WOW. For a Zelda MMO to work at all, it couldn't be at all like WOW.
1 person liked this post: TheAncient
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-18-2012, 08:28 PM
Warrior of Fire Warrior of Fire is a male United States Warrior of Fire is offline
The Hero of Time
View Posts: 279

This thread was a year old. Necro posting isn't allowed.

SILENCE! I KILL YOU!

Are you ready?
2 people liked this post: Eriks0n, Sweet SS Zelda
Closed Thread