Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-03-2011, 10:29 PM
links-shadow links-shadow is a male United States links-shadow is offline
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 24
Would it be cool if Nintendo made an official remake of the original zelda?

I have been really hoping for this for a while and i wanted to see what people think about it.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-03-2011, 10:47 PM
LightDarkLink LightDarkLink is a male United States LightDarkLink is offline
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 128
Re: Would it be cool if Nintendo made an official remake of the original zelda?

That would be so cool, execpt for one thing:
There wasnt very much content in the game (compared to nowadays) so in order to make it a full fledged game they would have to add a crap load of stuff. I'm talking a LOT of stuff. This would completely change the game, and it really wouldnt be the same. It would be cool though if they redid the graphics (even this has problems too though, the roughness of the original would be akward with better graphics, but im sure they could find a way to do it) of the 1st one , the 2nd one, Link's Awakening, and the Oracle games and put it all together or something like that.

LoZ AoL ALttP LA OoT MM OoA OoS FS WW FSA MC TP PH ST

Not creating a timeline until Skyward Sword comes out!
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-03-2011, 10:56 PM
TheGhostOfMandrag TheGhostOfMandrag is a male United States TheGhostOfMandrag is offline
Powerless to Resist
View Posts: 8,872

If they Bionic Commando Rearmed that **** - reconfigure how equipment works, how enemies behave, how bosses work, and overhaul the graphics and music, add bonus content - I'd be all over it.

OoT 3DS type remake - high resolution graphics and a new HUD - no ****ing point.
Have I mentioned before that OoT 3DS has no ****ing point. Because it has no ****ing point.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Ok, but dogs CAN look up.

View Posts: 14,765

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightDarkLink View Post
That would be so cool, execpt for one thing:
There wasnt very much content in the game (compared to nowadays) so in order to make it a full fledged game they would have to add a crap load of stuff. I'm talking a LOT of stuff. This would completely change the game, and it really wouldnt be the same. It would be cool though if they redid the graphics (even this has problems too though, the roughness of the original would be akward with better graphics, but im sure they could find a way to do it) of the 1st one , the 2nd one, Link's Awakening, and the Oracle games and put it all together or something like that.
I'm actually suprised somebody else would agree with me on this.
There just wouldn't be enough content to create a full remake.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Prince of Darkness
Send a message via Skype™ to Prince Deity

View Posts: 2,491

No.

I would leave it at that, but a mod would probably get upset
I'm one of those who just doesn't like remakes of any sort. Why put the effort into a remake when you can put it into an all new game?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you change an old game, it isn't that game anymore, and if it is just a new game run very similarly, well... that is kinda lame...

-JEB
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-03-2011, 11:22 PM
links-shadow links-shadow is a male United States links-shadow is offline
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 24

People also must consider the fact that the story line is so vague that if they did remake it, it would almost be like a brand new zelda game. It might even clarify the zelda timeline a bit better. But when i think about it, it would be even more interesting for them to remake zelda 2 because it had more towns in it and it was alot more complex than 1 so it would probably be a good remake simply because of the fact that the story and the quests would peice together easier.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-04-2011, 01:46 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 10

I don't think you'd need to change the game greatly to prolong gameplay. If the game was kept in 2D overview I don't see much point, still fairly cool, but why only go that far. If the game was changed into a 3rd person 3D game then would it be too different? Well I think if you have same dungeon designs, bosses, enemies, and alltogether map it would make a pretty cool game. What they would change though, would be more heart containers, more exploration in the overworld and more puzzles in the dungeons. I think that the game would be long enough because now you'd travelling would take alot longer and you would want to explore the scenery more. But I mean, a remake is not terribly necessary.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-04-2011, 02:23 AM
heroofsomething heroofsomething is a male United States heroofsomething is offline
I like long romantic walks to the fridge
Send a message via Skype™ to heroofsomething
Steam ID: Zeldalink92
View Posts: 2,088

Well aren't they doing it on the 3DS?
I am not even sure about that, but if they made some like ALttP and the first Zelda and made them 3D would be really great.
I would like to see them with a little more upgraded Graphics though. It would be awesome!
(just like Margar and Melpomene) ()
Last Edited by heroofsomething; 02-04-2011 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote