Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: Legend of Zelda movie?
Yes, i want a zelda movie! 271 65.46%
No, i don't want a zelda movie! 143 34.54%
Voters: 414. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#161 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-05-2010, 03:48 PM
God's Gift From Below God's Gift From Below is a male United States God's Gift From Below is offline
It was lovely.
View Posts: 1,337
Re: The Legend of Zelda Film Discussion: Volume IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattocks View Post
Well I'm going to go ahead and play devil's advocate here then.

Looks wise, I think the Rock would be great for the role. He's well build and has a large head and jaw line. Not to mention that he can act. He may not always have the best roles in movies, but he does play a good villain if anyone actually watched him in the WWF. Also, I really don't see what's wrong with having a known actor play the parts. Everyone keeps complaining about that, but really, if they get an really good actor, then I really don't care who they are.
I don't think he's that great of an actor at all, the way he portrays is roles comes off to me as cheesy, he'd be a good villain in a Comedy but in a Fantasy Epic such as Zelda, that would not fit at all.

The reason why some people, like me, don't like really popular actors in certain movies is because when a crew of filmmakers are getting together to make a film and all they care about is money and not the actual quality of the film, they'd usually cast the most bankable actor they can, regardless of how good they are.
Casting (talented) unknowns or actors that actually can act is what I think most filmmakers (who actually enjoy doing their job and not do it just for money) are better off doing, it's quality over $$$$$ which i think is most important. Otherwise, it's just like all of the other video game movies, nearly no effort.
  #162 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Tit face.
Send a message via AIM to Super Fergus Send a message via Skype™ to Super Fergus
View Posts: 1,293

Just for you guys.
In the middle of a drawing.

Plus I can get what you're saying about the eye, Mattocks.
close up you don't get that effect, but non the less I'll make sure he doesn't look cross eyed.
Last Edited by Super Fergus; 03-05-2010 at 04:33 PM. Reason:
  #163 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-05-2010, 05:24 PM
View Posts: 12,225

Quote:
Originally Posted by super-fergus View Post
close up you don't get that effect, but non the less I'll make sure he doesn't look cross eyed.
I TOLD YOU! See, I'm not totally crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock&Money View Post
I don't think he's that great of an actor at all, the way he portrays is roles comes off to me as cheesy, he'd be a good villain in a Comedy but in a Fantasy Epic such as Zelda, that would not fit at all.
Well a lot of the movies he's done lately have been scheese, so that fits the part. He was really good as the Scorpion King though, I didn't find that cheesey at all. The same with Walking Tall.

Quote:
The reason why some people, like me, don't like really popular actors in certain movies is because when a crew of filmmakers are getting together to make a film and all they care about is money and not the actual quality of the film, they'd usually cast the most bankable actor they can, regardless of how good they are.
Casting (talented) unknowns or actors that actually can act is what I think most filmmakers (who actually enjoy doing their job and not do it just for money) are better off doing, it's quality over $$$$$ which i think is most important. Otherwise, it's just like all of the other video game movies, nearly no effort.
So you're saying that just because an actor makes a lot of money they can't act? Like I said, I don't really care about how well known they are or salary, if they're good actors, put them in a movie.
Last Edited by Xeno; 03-05-2010 at 07:17 PM. Reason:
  #164 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-05-2010, 07:07 PM
God's Gift From Below God's Gift From Below is a male United States God's Gift From Below is offline
It was lovely.
View Posts: 1,337

Quote:
So you're saying that just because an actor makes a lot of money they can't act? Like I said, I don't really care about how well known they are or salary, if they're good actors, put them in a movie.
No, what i mean is it can be really risky just casting a random popular actor for marquee value, it's either they can or can't act, plus it's not just that, it also depends how serious the audience can take the actor. The reason I mention all of Dwayne Johnson's cheesy roles (which is a good majority of his roles) is because you're going to want audiences to take your characters seriously and when audiences see "The Rock" on screen, they're going to be reminded of his previous work, and they're not going to take it seriously.

Plus, I said this in my previous post:
Quote:
Casting (talented) unknowns or actors that actually can act is what I think most filmmakers (who actually enjoy doing their job and not do it just for money) are better off doing
I only meant the actors that shouldn't be cast are the ones that are only popular for everything else other than their acting and popular actors with a truly cringe-worthy track record.
Otherwise, I'm all for GOOD popular actors but I'd still like to cast unknowns as well..........
Last Edited by God's Gift From Below; 03-05-2010 at 07:13 PM. Reason:
  #165 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-05-2010, 07:18 PM

^Well that's a given, if they can't act, don't cast them. I dunno, all the talk of how it almost has to be an unknown actors just bugs me. Besides, if it's a good movie I usually get to into it to even think about who the actor is (the only exception being Sean Penn. I will always see Jeff Spiccoli)
  #166 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Skyloftian
View Posts: 732

Quote:
Just for you guys.

Ganondorf is looks quite the menace. I was at first turned off by Link's appearance, but my eyes soon adjusted to it (most likely I was still used to the usual Nintendo design). My sister continues to refer it as a human version of Donkey Kong though. But no pointy nose for Ganondorf? Aw, that was my favorite part of the Nintendo design. Then again, it could be considered racist (desert, long nose, etc). Gonna try Zelda later?

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...-princess.html
Last Edited by darkbeastganon; 03-05-2010 at 10:13 PM. Reason:
  #167 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-05-2010, 09:49 PM

He only had the pointy nose in OoT. Ferg's design loks more based off WW with a touch from TP, so the nose is not so pointy.
  #168 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-06-2010, 08:19 AM
Tit face.
Send a message via AIM to Super Fergus Send a message via Skype™ to Super Fergus

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbeastganon View Post
Ganondorf is looks quite the menace. I was at first turned off by Link's appearance, but my eyes soon adjusted to it (most likely I was still used to the usual Nintendo design). My sister continues to refer it as a human version of Donkey Kong though. But no pointy nose for Ganondorf? Aw, that was my favorite part of the Nintendo design. Then again, it could be considered racist (desert, long nose, etc). Gonna try Zelda later?
Haha, Thank you!
I'm just nostalgic and love the older design.
...Human Donkey Kong?... okay..!

Yeah, as Mattocks said, the pointy nose as only ever been
associated with OoT. I've done a generic Ganondorf face, though
the clothes are WW inspired.

Yeah, Zelda will be added!
  #169 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-06-2010, 11:10 AM
The ZU Paladin
Send a message via AIM to Janus Send a message via Skype™ to Janus
View Posts: 6,067

super-fergus, thank you for going with the oldschool Link design. He doesn't get enough love these days. *high five*
Looking forward to seeing Zelda!
  #170 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Hylian Warlord
View Posts: 3,666

Quote:
Well I'm going to go ahead and play devil's advocate here then.

Looks wise, I think the Rock would be great for the role. He's well build and has a large head and jaw line. Not to mention that he can act. He may not always have the best roles in movies, but he does play a good villain if anyone actually watched him in the WWF. Also, I really don't see what's wrong with having a known actor play the parts. Everyone keeps complaining about that, but really, if they get an really good actor, then I really don't care who they are.
For the record I was just joking about the Rock being Ganon. But IMO I concur that physically, the Rock would make a great Ganon. With that said, I fear that his portrayal of Ganon might have him integrate his WWF character into it.

Don't get me wrong, it would be very amusing, but it would be hard to take Ganon seriously if the Rock were to yell at Link all crazy like or raise his eyebrow at him.

Quote:
Just for you guys.

I think the Link in this poster has a crazy maniacal look about him. Nonetheless your poster is very well done. Kudos on Ganon BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhelm View Post
polygamy is legal in Hyrule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaZealot View Post
No! Link will be a pedophile in the child timeline mark ZeldaZealot words!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnorv View Post
the Hero of Time was, technically, truly retarded.
Last Edited by Ganonslayer2000; 03-07-2010 at 05:47 PM. Reason:
  #171 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Hero chosen by the Goddesses
View Posts: 497

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganonslayer2000 View Post
For the record I was just joking about the Rock being Ganon. But IMO I concur that physically, the Rock would make a great Ganon. With that said, I fear that his portrayal of Ganon might have him integrate his WWF character into it.

Don't get me wrong, it would be very amusing, but it would be hard to take Ganon seriously if the Rock were to yell at Link all crazy like or raise his eyebrow at him.
I love how that was more or less, the exact same stance I had on the Rock being Ganondorf, haha. And here I thought you were somewhat serious at that suggestion.

But after seeing Gerard Butler on the Red carpet, I must say that I am still very adamant about him portraying Ganon. Hell, even 15+ years down the road, I think he could still nail the role. Maybe I'm being a little too enthusiastic and exaggerated, but if he keeps his physique, that's all that counts for me.
  #172 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-07-2010, 09:47 PM
Hylian Warlord
View Posts: 3,666

I think Gerard Butler would be a good choice to play as Ganon for sure. Still...I think in certain ways it would be great to see the Rock go off on Link with any random rant where he ends off with.

"So candyass gabroni Link....CAN YOU SMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLL WHAT GANON IS COOKING!!!!!!!!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhelm View Post
polygamy is legal in Hyrule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaZealot View Post
No! Link will be a pedophile in the child timeline mark ZeldaZealot words!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnorv View Post
the Hero of Time was, technically, truly retarded.
  #173 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Tit face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganonslayer2000 View Post
"So candyass gabroni Link....CAN YOU SMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLL WHAT GANON IS COOKING!!!!!!!!"
Lmao, I did laugh out loud at that.
  #174 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-10-2010, 08:42 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 11
Legend of Zelda movie sample

Were you just as angry as I was when you saw the movie sample of Legend of Zelda and realised that it was just a fake?

I found a trailer on Legend of Zelda movie based on Ocarina of Time and i was so excited to see it on the cinema or buy the dvd or whatever. And then i read the comments on youtube and it was a April joke from a game-company i guess. "The movie coming out this year 1 april" (2009).

I mean why in hell spend lot's of money to make an fake movie trailer when they could make a real movie on Legend of Zelda! And i know many people would have seen that movie or have i wrong?
  #175 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-10-2010, 09:01 AM
TheGhostOfMandrag TheGhostOfMandrag is a male United States TheGhostOfMandrag is offline
Powerless to Resist
View Posts: 8,872

The one IGN made? That movie looked like ****. Friggin' SciFi Channel Original Movie quality.
I knew it was a fake from the get-go, given that I saw it several days after they added it and no other site had mentioned anything.
  #176 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-10-2010, 09:48 AM
ATRUEZELDAFAN ATRUEZELDAFAN is a male United States ATRUEZELDAFAN is offline
Skyloftian
View Posts: 773

Hello and Welcome to the Formus! There is a Legend of Zelda Movie thread stickied at the top of the General Zelda forum for all discussion related to a Zelda Movie. So feel free to continue this discussion there. ALthough im not a Mod, ths thread is going to be locked pretty soon. ANyway, Welcome to the forums and have fun

Edit: Ok there WAS an offical zelda movie thread, but it dissaperead.

Sig By Silver-Hero
Last Edited by ATRUEZELDAFAN; 03-10-2010 at 09:50 AM. Reason:
  #177 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-10-2010, 11:02 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Xeno

View Posts: 20,311

Merged with Legend of Zelda Film Discussion thread.
  #178 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-10-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokershark View Post
Were you just as angry as I was when you saw the movie sample of Legend of Zelda and realised that it was just a fake?

I found a trailer on Legend of Zelda movie based on Ocarina of Time and i was so excited to see it on the cinema or buy the dvd or whatever. And then i read the comments on youtube and it was a April joke from a game-company i guess. "The movie coming out this year 1 april" (2009).

I mean why in hell spend lot's of money to make an fake movie trailer when they could make a real movie on Legend of Zelda! And i know many people would have seen that movie or have i wrong?
Because this was a small fun joke and a movie would cost millions of dollars. It was pretty obvious it was fake. Anything that comes out around april fool's is better assumed a joke until proven fact.
  #179 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-10-2010, 04:06 PM
Westerly Winds Westerly Winds is a male United States Westerly Winds is offline
Arma virumque cano
Send a message via Skype™ to Westerly Winds
View Posts: 1,671

I don't think nintendo has any idea of making or at least producing a zelda movie since the failure of their TV show in the 80's. Some one would need to write a script and submit it to nintendo. But like most things sent to them they would probably overlook it and someones hard work would be lost forever.
  #180 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 8,175

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRUEZELDAFAN View Post
Hello and Welcome to the Formus! There is a Legend of Zelda Movie thread stickied at the top of the General Zelda forum for all discussion related to a Zelda Movie. So feel free to continue this discussion there. ALthough im not a Mod, ths thread is going to be locked pretty soon. ANyway, Welcome to the forums and have fun

Edit: Ok there WAS an offical zelda movie thread, but it dissaperead.
That's because all of the previous stickies that were cluttering up General Zelda have been compiled into a single sticky called "Guides and Other Useful Info".
Closed Thread

Tags
freeman, hero of time, morgan, morgan freeman, morgan is all