Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: What is your favourite Zelda Game?
The Legend of Zelda 8 0.79%
The Adventure of Link 9 0.89%
A Link to the Past 69 6.80%
Link's Awakening 17 1.68%
Ocarina of Time 354 34.91%
Majora's Mask 216 21.30%
Oracles of Seasons/Ages 13 1.28%
Four Swords/Four Swords Adventures 4 0.39%
The Wind Waker 137 13.51%
The Minish Cap 17 1.68%
Twilight Princess 140 13.81%
Phantom Hourglass 8 0.79%
Spirit Tracks 16 1.58%
Other (Spinoff) 6 0.59%
Voters: 1014. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-18-2010, 09:15 AM
Divine Dragoon
Steam ID: CodyDaviesTV Wii U ID: DragoonCody

View Posts: 14,965
Favourite Zelda Game

The old thread was out of date because it did not include Spirit Tracks, so here is a new version! If you're going to post, be sure to give an actual reason as to your choice, or there will be nothing to discuss!

The last version of the thread is here.

1 person liked this post: Stick Link
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-18-2010, 09:46 AM
Vancouver_Girl Vancouver_Girl is a female Canada Vancouver_Girl is offline

View Posts: 646
Re: Favourite Zelda Game

Majora's Mask is my favourite, as it is the darkest and most original and unusual game of the series. It's also the most complex, in my opinion, and nothing can touch it.

However, a close second is Minish Cap which I am currently playing just now. My second favourite used to be A Link to the Past, but it has now been demoted to third. Oh and incase anyone was wondering (which they weren't), my 4th favourite is Wind Waker, and my 5th favourite is Ocarina of Time. Followed by Link's Awakening. And that's pretty much all the Zelda games I've played (besides Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass, which are so terrible that they don't even make it onto my list).

That is all.
Last Edited by Vancouver_Girl; 01-18-2010 at 09:46 AM. Reason:
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-18-2010, 01:38 PM
BloodRawKnuckle BloodRawKnuckle is a male United States BloodRawKnuckle is offline
I am the Video Game Engine of War!!
View Posts: 1,375

I simply don't have one. Not because I think they're all equally great, but because there are simply too many in the series to just pick one that I liked most, as they all have something that I'm looking for which may not be in another Zelda game. Granted, there are Zelda games I hold in a higher regard (ALTTP, OOT, TP) and ones that are the lowest points of the series (AoL, MM, PH). I really miss the Oracle games, I'll say that much.
Last Edited by BloodRawKnuckle; 01-23-2010 at 06:44 PM. Reason:
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-18-2010, 02:33 PM
Steam ID: Cheshireson
View Posts: 897

Majora's Mask was my All-time favorite Zelda game. Reason being it was cleverly made with challenges puzzles and infinite fun of boss battles that you could fight over and over again. The storyline was very interesting and had a spine-tingling feel when you play which was neat. There was multiple stories for different races in different regions of land which I thought was really enjoyable to play and makes you want to play it over and over again. It's a pretty interesting game which has a memorable landscape and brings back vivid memories from the past if you revive in playing the series again. Everything about the game is memorable and fun. As it comes to musical soundtrack, sidequests and temples, storyline, surroundings and etc. This is a game that people would want to play for years and years to come.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-19-2010, 01:53 AM
Goron
View Posts: 308

The Wind Waker was my all-time favourite. Sailing from island to island, exploring the major islands, talking to NPCs. Second is Majora's Mask.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-19-2010, 01:43 PM
I like Turtles
View Posts: 281

Twilight Princess <3

I don't really know why though. I just think it's so beautiful.
1 person liked this post: Fire Streak
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2010, 05:37 AM
-
View Posts: 8,227

I am of the opinion that Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are an inseparable, and both games represent the best the series has to offer.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2010, 05:48 AM
We can't stop here, this is bat country!
View Posts: 391

Majoras mask, no question about it. The game has the darkest story of them all, every caracter in the game has a purpse to serve. you can reedo the dundgeons. fight the bosses over and over again. it doesn't resycle ganondorf...

and maybe the most important one, it was the first zeldagame I realy sat down and played to the wery the end.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2010, 01:22 PM
Zeldasuperfan5050 Zeldasuperfan5050 is a male Canada Zeldasuperfan5050 is offline
Anouki
View Posts: 52

The Ocarina of time is #1 for me because of the great story. #2 is definetly Twighlight Princess because it's very cinamatic and dark.
Last Edited by Zeldasuperfan5050; 01-20-2010 at 01:28 PM. Reason:
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2010, 01:39 PM
Kokiri
Send a message via ICQ to Estrella Send a message via Skype™ to Estrella
View Posts: 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estrella
My favorite Zelda Game is The Wind Waker.
I loved the game from the first second until the end, the story, graphics, setting, characters, even all the side quests. Plus, I absolutely adore the ocean, so it was nice for me simply sailing around between the islands for hours.
In addition to the fun factor, there is also a certain atmosphere in the game I really liked. I can hardly explain it, it is a little as if you could smell the salty sea air through the TV.
There is just one thing I disliked: The missing Zoras - they are my favourite race in the Zelda Series.
I've taken the liberty of quoting my old post, because my favourite game - and the reasons why it is my favourite - are still the same. Exept for one other reason I forgot to mention (although it is not really important):
The rainy weather. No other game has such an atmospheric weather like Wind Waker.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-21-2010, 11:49 AM
Divine Dragoon
Steam ID: CodyDaviesTV Wii U ID: DragoonCody

View Posts: 14,965

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Calibur View Post
I disagree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLinko View Post
Spirit Tracks, o yea that game is awesomesuace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody in original post!
If you're going to post, be sure to give an actual reason as to your choice, or there will be nothing to discuss!
If you give no explanation your post will be deleted.

#12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-22-2010, 11:52 PM
Diabetic Link Diabetic Link is a male United States Diabetic Link is offline
Kokiri
View Posts: 65

For me it was a tie between OOT, MM, and TP. TP was the only one ive actually finished, and it was moody and cinematic. MM was dark, and i liked the gameplay that you have a time limit. OOT was pretty much awesome in every way.

Link: Dark Kokori

Post on my page what you think of it by clicking here.

MY AWESOME SITE<--- click here. It isn't my site on this site, it's on another one.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-23-2010, 12:03 AM
Florina Laufeyson Florina Laufeyson is a female Norway Florina Laufeyson is offline
Steam ID: FlorinaBelmont 3DS ID: 1934-0706-9170

View Posts: 22,530

A Link To The Past. Its what all Zelda games strive to be. A nicely thought out story, great challenge, items you love using, and just plain fun. Best. Game. Ever.

(◕ᴥ◕し) ミᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Tumbling Down The Rabbit Hole, Animal Crossing Blog
A Dream of Ice And Fire: 4900-2186-7042 Animal Crossing Dream Suite
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-23-2010, 03:27 PM
View Posts: 46

My favourite game is The Wind Waker, I probably spent the most time out of any Zelda game on The Wind Waker. When my brother first pre-ordered the game in 2003 I thought I was going to hate it because of the graphics and Link being on a sail boat all the time, but those aspects I started to enjoy after playing the game. Whenever I replay a Zelda game it always makes me want to play The Wind Waker again.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-23-2010, 06:04 PM
Skyloftian
Send a message via AIM to MYK1217
View Posts: 752

I'll list mine in order, like in my sig, but add some of my reasonings or comments for my choices. (Note: I have not played the Oracle games or the ALttP Four Swords game)

1. Majora's Mask (N64) *Winner* Score (out of 10) 10/10
---Reason: Majora's Mask is the perfect example of what direction the series should be going in. The Zelda series has been highly criticized for never trying anything new and just going with the same formula, puzzle design, and themes. Majora's Mask proved that change is a good thing if done correctly. It changed up the pace, the setting, the story elements, and added many cool features like the masks and notably the transformation masks. There is plenty to do in the game, plenty of sidequests, minigames, and places to explore. The dungeon design is fantastic and the challenge is very satisfying. Termina is a nice breath of fresh air from Hyrule and it really felt like a living, breathing world, expecially when you were in Clock Town. It's unfortunate that so many people whined about it being so different, because that's what made it so great. It's the same Zelda gameplay style that we all love but with a different twist on it. Why did people not like this? It's an enigma that I will never figure out.
__________________________________________________ ___________________________

2. A Link to the Past (SNES) Score: 10/10
---Comments: A Link to the Past is what I consider the game that made Zelda into what it is today. The first two games were experiments. ALttP was the perfect product of those experiments. It was the first Zelda game I played and is responsible for my falling in love with the series. Endless exploration, a bunch of geniusly designed dungeons, and epic boss batles make ALttP one of the most engaging adventure games of all time.

3. Ocarina of Time (N64) score: 10/10
---Comments: What can I say that hasn't been said before? This game was stunning for its time and I think people who don't like Ocarina of Time need to understand that. OoT played a huge part in leading the gaming industry into the third dimension. It is widely considered the absolute best video game ever made. And I can understand why.

4. Link's Awakening (GB) score: 10/10
---Comments: Like Majora's Mask, Link's Awakening was great because it tried something new yet retained the gameplay elements that make Zelda great. It is another engaging adventure with an excellent storyline and wonderful music. The best of the portable Zelda games, I'd take Link's Awakening anywhere I'd go so I can escape on an epic adventure.

5. The Legend of Zelda (NES) Score: 9/10
---Comments: Um, hello? How can you not like the original? How can you not like the game that started it all? The original NES classic has yet to be topped by any game after it in the experience of the "do it yourself" aspect of the games. There is no hand holding in this game. It's just you and your sword. The original Legend of Zelda was a true adventure that was all about the player.

6. Spirit Tracks (DS) Score: 8/10
---Comments: Surprised? I am too. I never thought I'd be placing the most recent Zelda game on the DS, a game that didn't get alot of publicity outside of the Zelda fanbase, at number 6 on my list. Spirit Tracks may be gimmicky, but it exceeds in a place all other post-Majora's Mask Zeldas fail: puzzle design. The puzzle design in Spirit Tracks is outstanding. These may be the best puzzles I have ever seen in the series. The satisfaction of figuring out a devious puzzle is back, baby. I was so pleased with how creative Nintendo got with these puzzles. Of all the Zelda titles, Spirit Tracks was the biggest pleasant surprise.

7. The Minish Cap (GBA) Score: 7/10
---Comments: I'm quite surprised this game doesn't get as much love as I think it should. Yeah, it is short and alittle on the easy side, but I liked this game. The Minish Cap may be easy, but it isn't so easy that it gets boring. There are still some creative and difficult puzzles here and there, namely in the 5th dungeon, the Palace of Winds. There's a lot of nostalgia and "classic" Zelda that comes out of this game, but at the same time, there's plenty of freshness as well, most notably with the ability to shrink to microscopic size. The Minish Cap is underrated.

8. Wind Waker (GC) Score: 7/10
---Comments: The Wind Waker gets points for trying some new things, like traveling by sea and wind control. But some of these new things weren't that fun to me. Wind Waker is notorious for its tedious sailing, and controlling the wind just got really annoying, especially when trying to turn around your boat multiple times. To add to that, the game was rediculously easy and pretty short, only being dragged out by a Tricforce treasure hunt. With that aside, the Wind Waker was still an enjoyable experience, with tons of exploration and things to do. That's a huge plus for this colorful and cheery Gamecube title. I may not have gotten alot of satisfaction out of completeing it because it was so easy, but I was actually kind of sad upon completing it. I think it was the colorful graphics and catchy music that kept me playing, along with the variety of things to do. Wind Waker has its annoyances, but it overall a flat out fun game to play.

9. Four Swords Adventures (GC) Score: 7/10
---Comments: This game was pretty intriguing. The quadruple Link idea allowed for some fun and interesting puzzles and boss fights. Four Swords Adventures was a fun and unique experience that I can recommend for anybody.

10. Twilight Princess (Wii) Score: 6/10
---Comments: Oh, the nostalgia. Twilight Princess has taken alot of heat lately, including from me. I'm not going to beat a dead horse. I will point out the positives and say it was pretty neat at times to have great memories of past Zeldas, especially Ocariana of Time, brush by me constantly. This game is a nostalgic acid trip for me. If you're looking for a game that will make you think of every single Zelda title in existance while playing it, Twilight Princess is your best bet. I consider it more of a tribute to past games than a game with its own identity, and there's nothing wrong with that. I just wish it could have been more challenging, then it probablty wouldn't have been so boring to me.

11. Adventures of Link (NES) Score: 4/10
---Comments: As I said in my ALttP comments, the first two Zeldas were experiments and AoL is solid proof of that. It's definately the oddball of the series, and it is commonly disliked by Zelda fans today. To me, it's more of a cross between the original Zelda and Castlevania. It has the exploring of LoZ and the sidescrolling action of Castlevania. I prefer both of those games over Adventures of Link, so sadly, the sequel to the NES classic is a game I can do without.

12. Phantom Hourglass (DS) Score: 3/10
---Comments: The first Zelda adventure on the DS was a game that had alot of potential, but failed to meet it. Its sequel, Spirit Tracks, proves how much potential Phantom Hourglass had. The touch controls worked really well and were the only reason I gave ST a chance, and for that, I can thank Phantom Hourglass for making the great game that is Spirit Tracks possible. But other than the controls, Phantom Hourglass was just a horrible game, in my opinion. The dungeons were on a whole new level of simplicity from the other games; they're all laughable. They're jokes. There was no thought or creativity put into these puzzles. You would think with Nintendo and these touch screen controls, these puzzle would be cleverly designed and allow the player to use his/her imagination to complete them, but it's all the same old generic crap we've seen in other games. And I don't even need to explain the atrociousness of the infamous Temple of the Ocean King. Phantom Hourglass was a game that had plenty of potential, but it came nowhere close to meeting that potential.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MYKe1217
^^^Let's Play channel.
Last Edited by MYK1217; 01-26-2010 at 03:02 PM. Reason:
1 person liked this post: Stalkid
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-23-2010, 06:42 PM
ninjas
View Posts: 3,781

A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time are tied, followed closely by Majora's Mask.

Majora's Mask just has so much to do: so many side quests, fun characters personality, depth, etc. It makes the game fun to replay. I never get bored of it.

Ocarina of Time is the second Zelda game I ever played, and I have to admit a certain bias to growing up with it. However, the game is well rounded, ahead of its time, and has a world that I fell in love with. I loved the idea of an actual ranch being incorporated into the game instead of just a little chicken farm, and I loved having a horse for traveling. I loved how seven years went by and some places weren't the same anymore. I think the game could really be expanded on.

A Link to the Past does not need an explanation. The story-line is the most epic out of any Zelda game to date. The game captured my attention from the beginning, it wasn't one of those games where you are bored at first and then it becomes interesting. Basically, I was sucked in from the start, and it still provides a challenge to me when re-beating it--which I do, every few months or so.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2010, 09:58 AM
Rubber Kumkvatt
View Posts: 223

Wind waker

My opinion may be slightly biased, since it's my first Zelda that I played, but I still think it's just plain outstanding. It has graphics that look amazing even today, and the gameplay there is smooth. However, the most amazing thing there is the atmosphere. When going in the seas, raining or shining, it's truly epic. Or when you are fighting Ganon on top of his tower. If there's any fault, it would be the lack of two dungeons = less awesomenes.

Truly epic.

The second game from what I've played is Spirit tracks. It managed to raise the "This is good!This Is Good!" feelings. It kept me hooked all the time, and the gameplay was amazing. The best thing by far from spirit tracks was the puzzles. Creative and mind boggling, I got stumped here more than once. In addition, the game was also quite challenging otherwise too. And the overworld is BIG! While it is about the same size as PHs, it has way more content, having tons of things to do. (Tower of Spirits ftw!)
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2010, 07:16 PM
To Life, Love and Loot.
Send a message via Skype™ to Postman
Steam ID: ebnhawk
View Posts: 6,784

Wind Waker is my favorite. I liked the style it had and the graphics where cool. I liked all the characters and all the stuff you could do. Of course the Triforce quest was a major downside. I was just to lazy.

However I very much enjoy TMC too. It's a close tie but WW still is ontop. But TMC is defiantly my favorite Handheld Zelda.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2010, 09:28 PM
View Posts: n/a

the faces of evil is the greatest one. it has epic graphics, great cutscenes, and i loved the gameplay the controls were so good!
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2010, 09:34 PM
ATRUEZELDAFAN ATRUEZELDAFAN is a male United States ATRUEZELDAFAN is offline
Skyloftian
View Posts: 773

Ocarina of Time. Best Zelda game and best game overall. Epic storyline, great difficulty, ggreat legnth, engaging characters, plenty of secrets, and soooo much more.

Sig By Silver-Hero
1 person liked this post: LOZA1308
Closed Thread