Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: What is your favourite Zelda Game?
The Legend of Zelda 8 0.79%
The Adventure of Link 9 0.89%
A Link to the Past 69 6.80%
Link's Awakening 17 1.68%
Ocarina of Time 354 34.91%
Majora's Mask 216 21.30%
Oracles of Seasons/Ages 13 1.28%
Four Swords/Four Swords Adventures 4 0.39%
The Wind Waker 137 13.51%
The Minish Cap 17 1.68%
Twilight Princess 140 13.81%
Phantom Hourglass 8 0.79%
Spirit Tracks 16 1.58%
Other (Spinoff) 6 0.59%
Voters: 1014. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#141 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Skull Knight
View Posts: 434
Re: Favourite Zelda Game

I Voted Wind Waker even though Ocarina is My favorite because OOT had already enough votes and Wind Waker needed more. I am surprised that ALttP and LA aren't getting as many votes.
But whatever. here is how I rank them:
1. Ocarina of Time
2. A Link to the Past
3. The Wind Waker
4. Majora's Mask
5. Link's Awakening
6. Twilight Princess
7. The Legend of Zelda
8. Minish Cap
9. Spirit Tracks
10. Phantom Hourglass
11. Oracle of Ages/Seasons
12. Four Swords/Four Swords Adventures
13. The Adventure of Link

and there you have it!
Now I will describe why I love my top 3.
Ocarina was revolutionary adding a targeting system, great graphics for its time, fluent Gameplay, Awesome music and of course being the first Zelda in 3D and a bonus: having 3 of my favorite dungeons being the Forest, Shadow and Spirit Temples.
A Link to the past perfected 2D Zelda games, had a good story, was very challenging, great puzzles and probably my favorite Ganon's castle.
The Wind Waker was Unique big and fun, good story and 2 more of my favorite dungeons: the Earth and Wind Temples. The sailing was great and so were the graphics and I wish counters would return in future Zelda titles.
  #142 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-05-2010, 04:56 PM
SeriousDiscussion
View Posts: 24,034

When it comes to my personal choice, it's Majora's Mask that takes the crown as the being the better game, as it was capable of communicating true heart and soul to the gamers.

Majora's Mask was simply sublime in delivering a wonderfully complex plot (that is by far, still the most chilling and emotional to date in my opinion) but build a highly complex and engaging NPC system, so you could actually emote and immerse yourself fully into the game.
Wind Waker similarly, took some elements of this, though did not apply them in any where near as the depth in Majora's Mask, using a more plot-driven story as the main driving force, like with Ocarina of Time, where emphasis was much more on plot and the overall storyline rather than characterisation.
And as a rehash-of-sorts of Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess also focuses on the storyline, perhaps moreso than the aforementioned, since the only characters really explored are Link and Midna, and even then, Midna is the true star of the game. Link and the player by default, don't really engage with anyone else.

While most games focus on Story and action, Majora's Mask focuses on heart and characterisation.

I mean for me, Majora's Mask was not about saving the land from destruction as it is with almost all other Zelda games, it was about saving the people you'd grown to care about from dying.
I think there's a fairly substantial difference there.

In comparison, Ocarina of Time (or Twilight Princess for that matter) is simply a case of saving the land from destruction, I feel, and little else.
They seem to have little of the heart, soul, and emotion found in games like Majora's Mask.
  #143 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-07-2010, 01:52 PM
From The Oak From The Oak is a male United States From The Oak is offline
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 6

I like twilight princess because midna is cool, ive always bean a sucker or the dark sarcastic type.. but not in that way... obviously... I just think it's a cool charicter.
  #144 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-07-2010, 04:21 PM
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Steam ID: xlakitu Wii U ID: Nicolini
View Posts: 2,496

I voted for Twilight Princess a while ago, but now that I have played Majora's Mask, I'm not so sure which game I liked the best. I can't decide, so for now it's a tie between those two. Twilight Princess is a beautiful game with lovely sceneries. Even though people bash on its story to be unoriginal, I love it and I think it's unique in its own way. Midna is by far my favourite sidekick and my favourite Zelda character of all time. Her personality is big and she really evolves throughout the game. The game is to me the most entertaining Zelda game I have played. Good dungeons, cool bosses and cool items. It sure has its flaws, and it would have been a lot better if these were to be gone like the lack of sidequests and characterisation, but it's still an outstanding game to me.

Majora's Mask is probably the most original Zelda game yet. I love that it is so much to collect, and it focuses more on characterisation and sidequests than the dungeons itself I have a feeling of. You get involved in every character in the game and feel emphasize with them making you much more connected. If only TP had that amount of sidequests and characterisation, it would have been perfect. However, there were parts I didn't enjoy about Majora's Mask at all. The Great Bay Temple is a ****ing pain in the ass and I find it to be the most boring temple of all time. Majora wasn't as difficult as people make it seem to be either in my opinion, but that's not something I care about really. It was still a cool fight. I used fierce deity on the first two phases and none in the last one. I wish I didn't use it in the two first phases now though, it would increase the difficulty a bit.
Last Edited by Nico; 07-07-2010 at 04:22 PM. Reason:
  #145 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-09-2010, 01:56 PM
Kokiri
Send a message via AIM to robotix Send a message via Yahoo to robotix Send a message via Skype™ to robotix
View Posts: 82

A Link to the Past. Oh man.

I actually played the NES games first, I got them both for Christmas when I was very young. I absolutely loved them; in fact, to this day I think Adventure of Link is an awesome game, I love it MUCH more than just about any other Zelda fan. But still, LttP blew it out of the water. Blew both the first ones way out of the water, even, in my opinion.

It's just so good. My gosh, every time I watch the opening of the title screen I get chills and re-acknowledge this as one of the most fantastic video games I've ever had the honor of playing. The intro--if you wait on this title screen--is as epic as intros come and sets you up for the game with wonderful storytelling and one of my favorite tracks ever. Then ... just the file select screen, as simple as can be, harkens back to the NES games but adds that wonderful, gentle theme we know in every major Zelda game as both the file select and Fairy Fountain theme. I dunno, I'm not even into the actual game yet and I could go on forever about how cool this stuff is.
Needless to say, the game itself is superb. The music is some of the best on SNES (Dark Worl <3), the dungeons are EXTREMELY plentiful and very well-designed and awesome to explore, the bosses are incredibly fun and well-designed (especially once you reach the Dark World), the plethora of items you gain in this game has STILL gone unmatched in any other Zelda... so many are just SO unique, so many haven't even been attempted to be copied again. And then you have the awesome sword system, in which you can upgrade your blade several times throughout the game and every time it just feels SO much more powerful, from the sound it makes to the color it takes on... and of course it set up many of the conventions used from that point on in the series for better or for worse ("get 3 artifacts", big event happens, complete rest of game lol). And it introduced so many of the ultra-memorable tunes that have become infinitely memorable, from the aforementioned File Select to Zelda's theme to Ganon's theme to Kakariko Village... and the colorful and varied map introduced us to the Lost Woods and Lake Hylia and showed us Hyrule Castle for the first time. Man, I dunno, it's just a wonderful game. I could go on and on.

Ocarina of Time, WW and TP are all fantastic, and Zeldas 1 & 2 as well as Link's Awakening are other favorites of mine (perhaps MM and the Oracles games will be too, if I ever finish them). Overall, though, Zelda's a great series, I love every entry I've played... but I"m not quite sure it'll ever be completely possible to top LttP. OoT comes close, though.
  #146 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Drinker of Coffee
View Posts: 43

Ocarina of time is my #1 Zelda game purely because of it's In-depth storyline, amazing Characters, Fantastic In game Scenery and it's Perfect Musical scores to top it off.
  #147 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2010, 05:40 PM
kickin ass with a single finger
View Posts: 958

I replayed WindWaker a few weeks ago. I thought the storyine is one of the most interesting and its origins in the overal storyline is very theoretically fascinating. What with the flooding of Hyrule, the sealing of Ganondorf with the Master Sword, and the revealing that the old nobility of Hyrule still existed after al those years. Also, the visuals and the cell-shaded graphics make it unique and give it a more cheerful playing experience, unlike the original OOT and TP, which have an awkward loneliness and darkness. And, unlike ST and PH, it can be played in full 3-D and on a larger screen. This uniqueness is boosted by the island setting in which the game takes place. The soundtrack includes some of the best music made by Nintendo, such as the Great Sea. WW is my favorite Zelda game so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo-Chan View Post
*starts up chainsaw* Crazy? Me? Naaaaaaaaaaaaw.
(\_/)
(>'.'<)
(") (")
This is Jub-jub, post him in your sig to help him gain world domination.
  #148 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-17-2010, 08:18 AM
View Posts: n/a

This are is so because of the obvious reason is why cool like I'm into the Adventure where of there is Link because it or just great movie in all of general.
  #149 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-18-2010, 04:01 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 20

Ocarina of Time was the greatest but Majora's Mask is really close to it
Oot's storyline is much greater , its a storyline of a lifetime
but Majoras mask was interesting because you could go back every three days and the mask transformations were cool
3rd Wind Waker sailing from island to island was really cool and it was a bit more comical
4th Twilight princess much more difficult and more in depth (i.e. two hoookshots) but it was a bit too long and wasnt the greatest storyline
every other game doesnt even come close to this list never even got interested with the other games
  #150 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-19-2010, 06:08 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 2
Majora's mask!

I agree with you, Majora's Mask was really fun and i think the idea of the transformation masks was preety amazing. And thing is certain, It's a game that really makes you think and i wanted to cry at certain parts :') Plus i got the Great Fairy Sword to day >.<[COLOR="Silver"]
Last Edited by SuperDecimal; 07-19-2010 at 06:11 AM. Reason:
  #151 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-20-2010, 09:51 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to quail
View Posts: 1,527

yay majoras mask is second most popular! :3
the reason i chose majoras mask is. . . umm... well... I guess I chose it for its dfficulty factor and storylines, plus, it's definetly on the dark side of things... And I like that.
The game is difficult in many aspects such as to fully complete the kafei quest you have to complete the Cremia quest, and to complete the Cremia quest you have to complete the Romani quest and to do that you... And so on.
Also, most of the main story line is hard... I thought the Pirates Fortress was really hard, considering i only had one bottle for the Zora Egg's. Now Im doing the Ikana Castle and Im getting the vague impression that te game is doing all it can to sidetrack you from your final goal. I dont even bother doing the great fairy stuff anymore.
In the case of Story, MM goes there for the win.
The plot is almost to sad to bear. Being that
[$POILER ill tell you wen it's ovah]
The Skull kid is being influenced by the mask. It's sad to think one can be so tempted by an item of power that they are bent to its will...
[$poilers over!]
Plus, key factors in items like transformations. Being able to change into a Goron or Zora? COOL! (sorry Deku Scrub)

Last Edited by quail; 07-20-2010 at 09:57 AM. Reason: left out info
  #152 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-20-2010, 04:58 PM
A citizen of the world, known to all and to all a stranger
View Posts: 4,180

Hmmmmm.........

I'll say...

Link's Awakening!

Why? Because it's the only game in the series in which the ultimate enemy is oneself. This is a concept I agree with. As Walt Kelly said, "Resolve, then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blast on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us."

Plus, LA is one of, if not the, funniest game in the series.
  #153 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-21-2010, 12:23 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 6

I will always have to say this Ocarina of time is and will always be in my Heart. I lived the storyline, it thought me how to read and it was just a all around amazing game. I learned everything I could about this game and too this date I still believe in my heart I wouldn't be the person I am today without it. 11/10

Majora's Mask, Second Zelda game I ever played. It was to complex for me to understand when I first got it at my young age. I rewent to play it and I remember how much I loved it even though I didn't understand the story. It gave me a renewing taste of some of the greastest and happy times of my life and I will forever be in debt to Shigeru Miyamoto for thinking up and creating such a masterpiece that will be remembered for years to come. 10/10
  #154 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-21-2010, 08:01 PM
Shadow Zora Link
View Posts: 64
Mine would have to be....

why what else than The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, it was the first zelda game i ever got and it was epic, the story length was perfect. The story was awesome. You couldnt get a better game even if you tried.
  #155 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-22-2010, 02:16 PM
I am bad at coming up with usernames.
Send a message via Skype™ to GallyG
View Posts: 496

Man, we really love our 3D console games...

Anywho, Wind Waker because story exploration sidequest blah blah blah. You know the popular reasons. But Majora's Mask is so similar, and even superior to Wind Waker in some regards. But I like Wind Waker better for tighter controls, simplified gameplay, and not feeling like an ******* every time I turn back time.
  #156 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-22-2010, 02:45 PM
Navi the Fairy Navi the Fairy is a male United States Navi the Fairy is offline
Dude... What?
View Posts: 835

Yup let's face it 3D console games get bonus points just for looking pretty. :3
  #157 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Anouki
View Posts: 45

TP is my favorite because I see it as a more polished version of OoT. And yes it's a carbon copy story but let's be serious. Here is the basic plot of pretty much every Zelda game. "Collect some things...PLOT TWIST...Collect more things....PLOT TWIST...Kill Ganon or some other bad guy."
  #158 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-06-2010, 09:17 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 11

I can't say i have a favorite, so I'm going to make a top ten list

1) wind waker because i loved idea of sailing around the seas.
2)Ocarina of time because it was the second LoZ game i had ever played and i loved the story to the game along with the new 3d graphics.
3)Phantom Hourglass because it was there first ds game and i loved the new controls of the game and i loved the fact that it was a sequel to wind waker and i could continue sailing around (watch my you tube Let's Play of this just search my account name Adol700)
4)Twilight Princess because of the unique story line and because you could turn into a wolf in the realm of twilight for different game play as well
5)Spirit Tracks because it was another game for the ds and you got to ride a train. another unique thing to the game is you traveled with Zelda even if she was a spirit
6)A link to the past because it had a final fantasy tactics-ish feeling to it for me
7)Majora's mask this is number seven because it was so dang hard to beat as a kid i remember spending days on end just to beat this game other than that it was a very good game
8)Four swords is number eight because it had a weird story line and was the first co-op Zelda game to be made some of the game play was hectic with the game boy and everything
9)Oracle of seasons is number nine in my countdown because of its weird story line and oddness
10)Minish cap is number ten in my countdown not because its a bad game because it's not its really good but because of its small story line and certain aspects of game play
Last Edited by Adol700; 08-06-2010 at 09:19 PM. Reason:
  #159 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-11-2010, 12:38 AM
anarchistbigred anarchistbigred is a male United States anarchistbigred is offline
Hero of Chaos
Send a message via AIM to anarchistbigred Send a message via Yahoo to anarchistbigred Send a message via Skype™ to anarchistbigred
View Posts: 17

My favorite game which i voted for is and always will be The Windwaker. it is the first Zelda game i have ever played, i remember waiting for my mom in the electronic section of Walmart and looking at the demo of the Windwaker, i began to play it and it was on the first boss battle, i think it is Gohma on dragon roost, i asked my mom to buy it for me and so she did. i played that game for 15 hours straight and i couldn't get enough of it. i finally beat the game a few months later then i forgot about zelda for a while. a year later my cousin showed me Ocarina of time and that sparked my interest in zelda. ive played almost every zelda since than and even though each zelda game i play gets better Windwaker is still my favorite.

signature done by yours truly (the first one i ever made)
Games i have:
beaten: LoZ, AoL, ALTTP,LA, OoT, MM, OOS, OOA WW, FSA ,MC, TP, PH, ST
3 Heart challenged: TP, WW, OoT
  #160 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-11-2010, 03:57 PM
In flames we trust In flames we trust is a male In flames we trust is offline
true spider never chases what he cant catch. but will catch what it can chase.
View Posts: 63

my favourite game is oot. it was truly a masterpeace of the zelda game saga.
it turend from good game. to devine game. it went from 2d to 3d and they never looked back since. in my mind it also has the best storey line too

I use to be Known as angel of death 08

My (friend) social group: http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...he-damned.html

My freak show social group: http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...reak-show.html

My facebook acount:
http://www.facebook.com/devin.lawrie
Closed Thread