Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-25-2003, 06:23 PM
I lol you
View Posts: 2,538
Re: Your wishes for the next console of Nintendo

I want Nintendo to sophisticate their advertising, so there might be an N6.

In terms of games, I'd like Nintendo to buy back Rare from Microsoft (or renegotiate a contract, or whatev).

As for the hardware itself, I'm pretty much a solitary gamer, so controller ports is all greek to me. And I think having a DVD player takes the focus off of gaming, which is what Nintendo prides itself on.
Last Edited by pipking; 07-25-2003 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-25-2003, 06:29 PM
Fab Emblem
View Posts: 12,388

Online gaming... Who knows, Nintendo might ''revoulitionize'' again by making some big hit online game. Let's not get our hopes up though, unless they have a really cheap monthly fee and come out with good online titles. I really want Nintendo to know about all this we think!
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-25-2003, 06:38 PM
Life in slow motion.
View Posts: 2,825

Your right pipking, I really forgot about that. Let's let Sony and Microsoft deal with that end of it. Online gaming now...I know I heard them thinking about this, and saying they'd get into it sooner or later. Don't get me wrong, online gaming is great, but the possibility of having to pay for it for one, and hooking up everything is another. God...all this talk makes me want to forget about future gaming and go play Secret of Mana, or something old school.

Battle Arena | Live Journal | PM | Profile
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-25-2003, 07:12 PM
Fab Emblem

Old schoolers never get new games

Oh wait, there is GBA SP.
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-25-2003, 07:18 PM
Captain Tact
Send a message via ICQ to Dryth Send a message via AIM to Dryth
View Posts: 1,987

Quote:
Online gaming now...I know I heard them thinking about this, and saying they'd get into it sooner or later.
Tiny sidetrack: Nintendo actually made a deal with Gamespy Industries back in 2002 for online connectivity software and services.

That's really just a "something to think about" issue. It confirms that Nintendo has more than a passing interest. However, I'd be making a bigger deal out if it if a year hadn't passed with virtually no visible progress.... perhaps it's a sign that they'll at least have an online development platform in place for the next console's launch.
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-25-2003, 07:40 PM
Previously lord-of-shadow
Send a message via AIM to Max Nichols
View Posts: 8,088

Quote:
Originally posted by pipking
In terms of games, I'd like Nintendo to buy back Rare from Microsoft (or renegotiate a contract, or whatev).
Why? IMHO, Rare hasn't made a good game since Goldeneye (Or Banjo-Kazooie, not sure which camer first).

Of course, that is merely my opinion, which obviously differs from yours, so I guess I'll shut up now
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-25-2003, 07:53 PM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 416

Well, pipking, that is wishful thinking. There's no way M$ would sell Rare back if they would take a loss, so you're looking at upwards of $400 million, and then there's the improbability that Nintendo would actually do such a thing. Besides, Nintendo is getting enough games similar to Banjo Kazooie as far as I'm concerned, and that's really the only Rare games I liked, since I'm not one for shooters. Of course, if those were your types of games, I could understand you missing Rare, though l-o-s is right, it's been a while since they've done anything really good.

I dunno, I know that Nintendo would never get exclusivity from Square-Enix, but I'd like to see them go multiplatform, though that wouldn't just be up to Nintendo. Of course, if the console race continues as it is, odds are I'll be getting a PS3 if anything. By then I'll be at college, and I wonder if I'll have enought money to spread between my needs: video games and comics... oh yeah, there's food and stuff also.

Thanks to Mercutio for the sig
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-25-2003, 08:07 PM
Zora Warrior

/\
|
|
|
Listen to what this guy's saying folks. He knows what he's talking about.

#29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-25-2003, 08:20 PM
Fab Emblem

I knew that all the time, never wanted to say it though because I might get flamed for saying it. But now I know I won't...

I suggest this...
E-Mail Nintendo at mailto:nintendo@noa.nintendo.com

And everybody, type the same stuff. Say you want a console with better titles for launch, a harddrive inbuilt, DVD, 100% more online, and maybe some compatible-ness with an older console, may it be all GB games, or the N64, or GC. And wireless controllers with the console.

Now they probably won't fill all these requests, if lucky maybe some or just one.
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-25-2003, 09:30 PM
Zora Warrior

Trust me, what we say will have no benefit. You need thosands upon thosands of signatures on a petition to get Nintendo to pay any sort of attention whatsoever, and even so, there are no guarantees. Accept it, folks, you're at the mercy of Nintendo. What Nintendo wants to make, Nintendo will make. We can speculate what could be for now, but there's nothing we can do about it. I wish it were different, but it isn't.

#31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-25-2003, 10:51 PM
Captain Tact

Okay, seriously, I know I've posted this about three times now in response to your comments regarding getting in touch with Nintendo with ideas, William.

Quote:
How can I submit my game idea?

Nintendo is unable to use or pass along any unsolicited game or product ideas. As you can probably guess, we receive tons of fantastic suggestions each month from fans like you. It would be great if we could use these ideas to develop actual products. However, developing new products requires a large investment of both time and money. In fact, creating top-notch video game products can take several years to complete and cost hundreds of thousands, or even millions, of dollars!

Although we don't use the specific ideas we receive, we do track what kinds of games and accessories our players would like to see developed. The best way to let us know what you like is to enter Nintendo Power magazine's Player's Poll contest. Each month, entrants list their five favorite games for each system. The results from the Player's Poll entries are used to figure out our readers' favorite games.
From here.

Don't ever expect a company to listen to a petition, regardless of how many signatures there are, unless it's a petition they themselves have put forth. Online petitions only serve to reflect what a small fraction of a narrow demographic of individuals wants, and they're forever stigmatized as frivilous utilitarian feature-grabs.

And if anyone brings up the OoT/MQ petitions, realize that Nintendo almost certainly planned to release the bonus in North America all along. They never, ever said they wouldn't.
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-25-2003, 11:20 PM
Fab Emblem

We can always try, it won't hurt us, will it?
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-26-2003, 07:23 AM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 387

It wonít hurt, and it wonít make a difference.
Nintendo donít listen to us, they just have to learn for themselves.
They have to realize the benefits of a large hard-drive, that a DVD player will help sell a console, that being backward compatible will also help sell consoles, and, that they need a larger catalogue of games for their console. Consumers like a choice. With the PS2, you have a large helping of games to choose from. With the Cube, you have a few to choose from. Third party games help keep the PS2 going, while the handful of third party titles on the Cube have done nothing to help it along.

I donít like the idea of wireless controllers. Sure, itís a nice idea, but I also like the rumble feature. Nintendo invented the rumbling joypad, and I personally think its genius (even if there are only a few games that have implemented this feature in an innovative manner). Wireless means batteries and no rumble feature.

As for online gaming.........................Nintendo have been right so far, although, not from a marketing point of view. People are, these days, turned on by a console that can go online. While it has been proved (by Sony and Microsoftís attempts) that online console gaming is not doing as well as first hoped. There is no point in arguing, "it is" or "it isnít", because it is not. Sony and Microsoft both admitted that it has not progressed as they planned. While it's not doing terrible, it's not doing great either.
It's the minority of console gamers that are going online, not the majority.
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-26-2003, 10:11 AM
Fab Emblem

Hmm... I just got even more positive about the backwards compatible thing. I mean now, you could just sell your GC, and save the best games only, and play them on N5. It would really be good, people would afford it easier, and they didn't have to worry about not being able to play their GC games again.
  #35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-26-2003, 02:18 PM
))<>((. Forever
View Posts: 1,360

you guys want both backwards compatabilty, yet a DVD drive. do you really want two drives on your new system?
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-26-2003, 02:20 PM
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 387

It never hurt the PS2. Look at it go, it's way past X-box and Gamecube.
  #37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-26-2003, 02:35 PM
Captain Tact

Quote:
you guys want both backwards compatabilty, yet a DVD drive. do you really want two drives on your new system?
The Panasonic Q manages well enough playing both DVDs and Gamecube discs with a single drive. I assume that it's markedly more expensive, but it's still certainly possible, and we already have DVD drives compromsing with CD-ROM compatibility.

Although if they were to make it slot loading, I'd have to note my own distaste for trays designed for multiple discs.
  #38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-26-2003, 03:06 PM
Grand Inquisitor
View Posts: 3,237

More sophiticated advertising! Pipking is right, no one buys your game if they dont know if it exists, and if they know nothing about it (or if they get a false perception from bad advertising).

Games! Games! Games! Strong launch titles. Many strong launch titles. See spot ru....er....where was I? Ah yes, Mario at launch. A type of party/party fighting game (a la SSBM) at launch. A Silicon Knights game at launch (sequel to ED....or Too human...or anything, I really like Silicon knights). Third party games *excuse me*, important third party games at launch. I want third party games on a 1:1 ratio (minimum at launch) with first party games.

Wavebird managed to seemingly perfect the often murky waters of wireless controllers. Nintendo has to refine and perfect what isnt perfect, namely see if rumble is viable, extend battery life ...etc. Refine the controllers. the GC controller is immensely comfortable. It is not without basic faults. The shoulder buttons are hard to use quickly, the d-pad is small, an odd configuration for hitting multiple buttons at once.

Online is another thing that exists in murky waters. I do have hope for console gaming for this: eveyone has the same specs, and most likely a minimum broadband connection. Nintendo needs to work its intuitive touch to implement this in a cost-effective and fun to use strategy. Nintendo already has some experience with a SNES online thing (not that experince means much..if anything now).

Easy to develop for. Supposedly GC is easy to develop for. The best way to get third party games (besides large installed base) is to have easy to develop for. Make it so the third parties can develop as effortlessly as possibly, putting more effort into content than they have to in graphics. Dont develop it with only first party games in mind! The GC controller suffers from this, make it so it is welcoming in all aspects.

Thanks to Captain Cornflake for the redesign, originally Pipking's.
Rules don't hurt, but mods make sure disobeying them does.|Adopted imstarbright
  #39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-26-2003, 04:07 PM
Lost -_-
Send a message via Yahoo to l_Chupacabras
View Posts: 594

Wow lots of ppl want tons of changes I guess change is alright but I don't see too many of these to be on my "wish list" really my NGC is fine like it is at the moment: Jet Black with four wavebirds gb playa two 251 mem cards and 2 gba's/gba-ngc cables that's all I really need I mean sure online games would be fun (if they weren't too expensive) but i don't think they should have a dvd playa or anythin like that, the next console would be better if it had NGC games compatibility so that I would have to have yet MORE cables back there (hmm... NGC, DVD playa, vcr, tv, and my computer since my tv and computer are side to side) anyways that's what I thinks
  #40 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-26-2003, 05:20 PM
Fab Emblem

You will realize in time.
And azwethinkweiz, it never hurt the PS2 to be backwards compatible and with a DVD aswell? It would rock because good games like TWW wouldn't be lost.

Tags
console, nintendo, wishes