Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-31-2009, 06:43 PM
Kee Kee is a male Kee is offline
I'm not aware of my ways, but I'm willing to learn.
Join Date: Aug 2006
View Posts: 3,627
Zelda Wii at E3 Banning Bet


The idea is simple:

Nintendo's E3 conference is this Tuesday. Last year Miyamoto mentioned that he had the Zelda team working on a Zelda for Wii. Will Nintendo finally reveal Zelda Wii this E3, or will they keep us in the dark even longer? You put a bet on the way you think things will go, and if you're wrong, you get banned from ZU for a week.

THE BETTING HAS ENDED.
Double check to make sure I've added you correctly.

~The Rules~

What qualifies as Zelda Wii being shown:
-Trailer
-Screenshots
-The official logo being shown
-Gameplay demonstration
-Playable Demo


What qualifies as Zelda Wii Not being shown:
-Not being shown.
-Only mentioned unofficially (like how Miyamoto mentioned at last E3 that the Zelda team is working on a Zelda Wii; that doesn’t count)



The Penalty for Losing the Bet: A one week long banning from the Zelda Universe forums. That means the banning will start the day after Nintendo's E3 conference, and end a week from then (Starting June 3rd, June 10th is when the banning ends).

To clarify everything about the banning: You either make a bet that Zelda Wii will be shown at E3, or you make a bet that Zelda will not be shown at E3. If your bet is wrong, you're banned.

Example: You vote that Zelda Wii will not be at E3, and it end ups being revealed there. You are banned for a week. And vice versa.

The Reward for Winning the Bet: You get to a ZU Admin for a day!! No, just kidding, but the winners of the bet will get a beautifully crafted banner, created by ZU's one and only G-KANG:


PLEASE PUT "I AM BETTING" IN YOUR POST IF YOU ARE BETTING.

Here are the people contending in the bet so far:

Those who believe Zelda Wii WILL Be at E3 (38 bets)
KeeSomething
Captain Crusader
nod flenders
Commissioner Postman
Camero
triforcextess
King KK
Rash
Mr_Zora_Decu
HeroReborn
hisak
Misericordiam
HylianPwnage
draik41895
Light Speed
True Sorrow
8bit
Shaun832
Nathanial Rumphol-Janc
TeeKay
nokotin
Bullrock
f0x
Keaton-King
ℓєяσу
sugarpoultry
Triforce of the Gods
Abyss Master
Hoopy Frood
Thunderslf
SheikahSage
Da Tacoking
IGNIS
wolfen
Thorn
Twilight King
William die Wunderbar
rayburn


Those who believe Zelda Wii WILL NOT be at E3 (21 bets)
Lieutenant Lollipop
Tittie Tott
SnareSticks
GK: 4895/9999
Qnez
PyroShadow
Talhoffer
Matt
Brother Wolf
Phazon goron
Stuit
Cortana
GECK~101
cookiesandmilk
The Goron Moron
Hell Hawk
Jarvis
315
Acid
Som
Spoonmän


AND FOR THOSE WHO GET BANNED
If you do happen to lose the bet, and you fear that the long week of banishment leave you in a state of anti-socialism to the point where you'll forget how to communicate with humans, you can still talk with other losers at the Banned from ZU for Failing at E3 Forums(created by 8bit).
Last Edited by Kee; 06-02-2009 at 10:02 AM. Reason:
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-31-2009, 06:45 PM
GKANG GKANG is a male United Kingdom GKANG is offline
Love yourself.

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: J/RPG, GG.
View Posts: 9,295
Re: Zelda Wii at E3 Banning Bet

Will not.

Thread needs poll+visible usernames. Also, you can all cry if you see a screen of TP Link pop up anywhere in the conference. That always sets it in stone that there's nothing new.
__________________
| General Gaming: POST. | XBL: SUPERMU7ANT |
ファイナルファンタジーVIII |

Last Edited by GKANG; 05-31-2009 at 06:48 PM. Reason:
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-31-2009, 06:45 PM
Tonić Bosnia Tonić is offline
shetety
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sarajevo
View Posts: 580
Re: Zelda Wii at E3 Banning Bet

What a lousy reward for winning the bet lol.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-31-2009, 06:46 PM
nod flenders nod flenders is a male Somaliland nod flenders is offline
Banned User
Send a message via AIM to nod flenders
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: dead lifeboats in the sun
View Posts: 2,022
Re: Zelda Wii at E3 Banning Bet

zelda wii will be there sign me the **** up

and ask a mod first before anything
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-31-2009, 06:48 PM
A Machine For Totts Finland A Machine For Totts is offline
The real great 8
Steam ID: Chocobotamer
Join Date: Jan 2005
View Posts: 5,098
Re: Zelda Wii at E3 Banning Bet

You asswipes are going down.

I do hope they show a new Wii Zelda though.
__________________
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-31-2009, 06:50 PM
Kee Kee is a male Kee is offline
I'm not aware of my ways, but I'm willing to learn.
Join Date: Aug 2006
View Posts: 3,627
Re: Zelda Wii at E3 Banning Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK: 4895/9999 View Post
Will not.

Thread needs poll+visible usernames. Also, you can all cry if you see a screen of TP Link pop up anywhere in the conference. That always sets it in stone that there's nothing new.
I'm not making a poll because people sometimes accidently click the wrong option, or they won't read the rules before voting. It's better to have it this way with a link to the post they made confirming the bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nod flenders View Post
zelda wii will be there sign me the **** up

and ask a mod first before anything
I'm adding you to the list.

And yes, I should probably inform a mod about this...
Last Edited by Kee; 05-31-2009 at 06:51 PM. Reason:
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-31-2009, 06:53 PM
GKANG GKANG is a male United Kingdom GKANG is offline
Love yourself.

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: J/RPG, GG.
View Posts: 9,295
Re: Zelda Wii at E3 Banning Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeSomething View Post
I'm adding you to the list.
I said Will not, what's the deal? Add me x:
__________________
| General Gaming: POST. | XBL: SUPERMU7ANT |
ファイナルファンタジーVIII |

  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-31-2009, 06:55 PM
Postman Postman is offline
To Life, Love and Loot.
Send a message via Skype™ to Postman
Steam ID: ebnhawk
Join Date: Feb 2006
View Posts: 6,784
Re: Zelda Wii at E3 Banning Bet

What the hell, I think a new Zelda will be announced.

My money is on the table.
__________________
Well, let’s just say it’s ironic how footage of someone being born can make you want to kill yourself.
tumblr
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-31-2009, 06:56 PM
Kee Kee is a male Kee is offline
I'm not aware of my ways, but I'm willing to learn.
Join Date: Aug 2006
View Posts: 3,627
Re: Zelda Wii at E3 Banning Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK: 4895/9999 View Post
I said Will not, what's the deal? Add me x:
That's the spirit! Added!
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-31-2009, 06:57 PM
Quin Quin is a male Netherlands Quin is offline
Disaster Master
Send a message via Skype™ to Quin
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Qnez Wii U ID: Gunzelino 3DS ID: 4511-0457-1518
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Amsterdam
View Posts: 5,643
Re: Zelda Wii at E3 Banning Bet

Nope, It will not be shown.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-31-2009, 07:00 PM
Kee Kee is a male Kee is offline
I'm not aware of my ways, but I'm willing to learn.
Join Date: Aug 2006
View Posts: 3,627
Re: Zelda Wii at E3 Banning Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qnez View Post
Nope, It will not be shown.
Is that a bet?

NEW RULE!!

From this point on, if you are betting, say "I am betting" then however you are betting.
Last Edited by Kee; 05-31-2009 at 07:01 PM. Reason:
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-31-2009, 07:01 PM
GKANG GKANG is a male United Kingdom GKANG is offline
Love yourself.

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: J/RPG, GG.
View Posts: 9,295
Re: Zelda Wii at E3 Banning Bet

Lol I am nod flenders.
__________________
| General Gaming: POST. | XBL: SUPERMU7ANT |
ファイナルファンタジーVIII |

  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-31-2009, 07:02 PM
Quin Quin is a male Netherlands Quin is offline
Disaster Master
Send a message via Skype™ to Quin
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Qnez Wii U ID: Gunzelino 3DS ID: 4511-0457-1518
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Amsterdam
View Posts: 5,643
Re: Zelda Wii at E3 Banning Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeSomething View Post
Is that a bet?

NEW RULE!!

From this point on, if you are betting, say "I am betting" then however you are betting.
Yep, count me in.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-31-2009, 07:05 PM
Kee Kee is a male Kee is offline
I'm not aware of my ways, but I'm willing to learn.
Join Date: Aug 2006
View Posts: 3,627
Re: Zelda Wii at E3 Banning Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK: 4895/9999 View Post
Lol I am nod flenders.
Fix'd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qnez View Post
Yep, count me in.
You have to say: I am betting.
Last Edited by Kee; 05-31-2009 at 07:05 PM. Reason:
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-31-2009, 07:07 PM
Slime Canada Slime is offline
T.I.M.E.
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
View Posts: 3,545
Re: Zelda Wii at E3 Banning Bet

I reiterate:

At best, a teaser trailer without a subtitle, and no more footage/real news until next E3.
At worst, someone saying "we're developing a new Zelda!" and showing a static image of a logo.

Don't know which one it'll be, but if they even mention it, it'll be one of the two.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-31-2009, 07:09 PM
Red Red is offline
tell me what it takes to be number one
Join Date: Oct 2008
View Posts: 16,114
Re: Zelda Wii at E3 Banning Bet

It's not gonna happen.

THAT'S MY BET, PUT MY ASS UP THERE KEESOMETHING
__________________
Last Edited by Red; 05-31-2009 at 07:12 PM. Reason:
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-31-2009, 07:09 PM
Quin Quin is a male Netherlands Quin is offline
Disaster Master
Send a message via Skype™ to Quin
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Qnez Wii U ID: Gunzelino 3DS ID: 4511-0457-1518
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Amsterdam
View Posts: 5,643
Re: Zelda Wii at E3 Banning Bet

I am betting.
Zelda wii will not be shown.
Happy now?
Last Edited by Quin; 05-31-2009 at 07:15 PM. Reason:
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-31-2009, 07:10 PM
Kee Kee is a male Kee is offline
I'm not aware of my ways, but I'm willing to learn.
Join Date: Aug 2006
View Posts: 3,627
Re: Zelda Wii at E3 Banning Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slime View Post
I reiterate:

At best, a teaser trailer without a subtitle, and no more footage/real news until next E3.
At worst, someone saying "we're developing a new Zelda!" and showing a static image of a logo.

Don't know which one it'll be, but if they even mention it, it'll be one of the two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Post
What qualifies as Zelda Wii being shown:
-Trailer
-Screenshots
-The official logo being shown
-Gameplay demonstration
-Playable Demo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qnez View Post
I am betting.
Haha. You gotta say which way you are betting too. I need to link your name to a single post.
Sorry. Just edit your post.
Last Edited by Kee; 05-31-2009 at 07:12 PM. Reason:
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-31-2009, 07:17 PM
Eliskor Eliskor is a male United States Eliskor is offline
ZWii - Coming 2010
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Waiting for ZWii <3
View Posts: 263
Re: Zelda Wii at E3 Banning Bet

I am betting it will show up
__________________

Spirit Tracks...Let's make them

  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-31-2009, 07:19 PM
Tess Canada Tess is offline
copyright lololol
Send a message via Skype™ to Tess
Steam ID: toastytessums Wii U ID: toastytessums

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ontario
View Posts: 2,692
Re: Zelda Wii at E3 Banning Bet

I am betting.

Zelda Wii will be shown.
__________________
original artwork by ruebird
facebook
tumblr
Closed Thread

Tags
banning, bet, betting, contest, wii, zelda


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 AM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -