Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: Favorite Fire Emblem Game?
Path of Radiance 5 12.82%
Radiant Dawn 10 25.64%
Shadow Dragon 3 7.69%
The Sacred Stones 3 7.69%
The Blazing Sword (FE7) 8 20.51%
Sword of Seals (FE6) or other Japan exclusive 10 25.64%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Banned User
View Posts: 30,568
Fire Emblem: The Official Thread Returns

Let's make our FE threads last as long as the last general FE thread I made, 'kay?

Anyway, this thread is all about Fire Emblem and the 11 games it's got in the series, Japan exclusive and international. The discussion from another thread I made awhile back about speculation of a third game in the "Tellius Series" (Ike's games), may also return. It deals with the wide fan speculation that Ike leaving Tellius behind forever could set up for yet another game featuring him in some way (not necessarily the main main character again and not even in Tellius, I reckon). General ZU rules apply and have fun! ^^

As some people know, FE is my favorite series and all the games I've played from it are in my top five all-time favorite games, with Radiant Dawn at the tip top. Path of Radiance follows in second. The Sacred Stones and The Blazing Sword are both fourth (Brawl takes third place in my list, but that's another story). Believe me, I've got many reasons for placing RD and PoR way up there, not just Ike. XD

Ike does pwn hard though. Seriously.

Speaking of favorite characters, mine are Ike and Boyd (both PoR and RD). Oscar and Elincia from the same games and Eliwood and Ephraim also rock.

My favorite songs are Eternal Bond, Life Returns, Victory is Near, and the FE Theme. Eternal Bond is by far the best! Not because it's Ike's theme either (in fact, I heard this song before I knew barely anything about the guy), but because it's just plain awesome.

Well, Fire Emblem FTW. Vote for your favorite game in the poll. ^^
Last Edited by Sonic Rainboom; 05-06-2009 at 03:07 PM. Reason:
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-04-2009, 05:18 PM
RIP Satoshi Kon
Send a message via AIM to Durga
View Posts: 9,614
Re: Fire Emblem: The Official Thread Returns

You really should have made the first six games their own poll options.

Well, you already know I dislike the Tellius games, but I did enjoy Blazing Sword quite a bit. I've seen some better stories, but the gameplay sure was great, and I loved the battle animations, especially Lyn's critical hits. And Hector sure was beastly.

I've played some of Genealogy of the Holy War before, but I never got far because I was distracted by some other games. I could tell it was good from what I saw, the only thing I disliked was that the maps were too big.

I just got Roy's game now, but I won't be playing it for awhile. I'll give my opinion on that when I start playing it.

Lyn and Hector are obviously my favorite Lord characters.

Websites you should visit:
D2 Brigade | TGWTG | My Twitter

My RP character:
|Valdessia|
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Banned User

No. Hardly anybody knows of those games, so it wouldn't make sense. :/

I'd really love to take on the older games if I could, but I don't use emulators and such, so...

Oh btw, not only do I think FE is the best series ever, but I also think it has the best vg music ever. ^^
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-04-2009, 05:26 PM
RIP Satoshi Kon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ranny View Post
No. Hardly anybody knows of those games, so it wouldn't make sense. :/

I'd really love to take on the older games if I could, but I don't use emulators and such, so...

Oh btw, not only do I think FE is the best series ever, but I also think it has the best vg music ever. ^^
There are some hardcore Fire Emblem fans who would disagree with you. Just have a mod edit them in, it won't hurt.

My RP character:
|Valdessia|
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-04-2009, 05:27 PM
Obsessed with Ace Attorney, Golden Sun, EarthBound and, of course, Zelda.

View Posts: 4,178

I should have known Ranny would make this thread.
I only ever watch my brother play Fire Emblem, but I'm thinking of getting the DS game.

#6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Swabbie Silver Swabbie Silver is a male Union of Britain Swabbie Silver is offline
That's your share of the loot. Enough to shut you up, I hope.
Send a message via Skype™ to Swabbie Silver
Steam ID: tw64 3DS ID: 2921-9179-3622

View Posts: 24,251

<Steam>
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Banned User

Really, Sapphire? I'd say you should start with PoR if you want to play FE, because the tutorial system in it starts with the bare bones of the basics. It's also fairly easy in the beginning, giving you a good transition to the game's system of play. After that, you might want to try the GBA ones (TSS and TBS), though they start to get difficult after awhile, and then RD once you've got the hang of things.

RD is dead hard. Seriously, even on easy. Geez was I at my limit. >_< What's more, it's very easy to lose Micaiah because she sucks.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-04-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
RD is dead hard. Seriously, even on easy. Geez was I at my limit. >_< What's more, it's very easy to lose Micaiah because she sucks.
xD That's the game my brother is playing. His first Fire Emblem game.
I'm just thinking of getting the DS one for the sake of portability and availability.

...yeah.

#9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Banned User

All the internationally released FE games are found at Gamestop. I know, I bought them all there. XD

RD ftw. My favorite game ever.
Last Edited by Sonic Rainboom; 05-04-2009 at 05:38 PM. Reason:
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-04-2009, 05:43 PM

Yeah, my brother just beat that part with the swampy area... I can't remember the details. It kinda sucks how some characters are overpowered, and some are incredibly weak.
He used Sothe so much the bronze dagger and kard broke. I haven't seen my brother play RD since... he got interested in Mario Kart Wii.

#11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-04-2009, 05:46 PM
Swabbie Silver Swabbie Silver is a male Union of Britain Swabbie Silver is offline
That's your share of the loot. Enough to shut you up, I hope.
Send a message via Skype™ to Swabbie Silver
Steam ID: tw64 3DS ID: 2921-9179-3622

View Posts: 24,251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire dragon View Post
I only ever watch my brother play Fire Emblem, but I'm thinking of getting the DS game.
Fire Emblem 7 is a great game to start with.

<Steam>
Last Edited by Swabbie Silver; 05-04-2009 at 05:46 PM. Reason:
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-04-2009, 05:51 PM
Banned User

That's a problem. You don't want to continuously focus on one or two characters. I focus on a lot of characters and leave a select few out (such as Meg. Too much trouble, though she isn't terrible). Right now I'm working on Laura, Nolan, Leonardo, Zihark, and Jill. Nolan and Laura are close to classing up. I pretty much whored Laura with bonus experience though. I regretted letting her die last playthrough because one of my three teams in part four ended up with no healer and was hard to use from the start. >_<

Edward is already classed up. He is awesome. The only Dawn Brigade member I like. Boyd beats Nolan by miles and both Shinon and Rolf are way better than Leonardo. Sothe is pretty good, but not awesome. Micaiah plain sucks and I hate her because of that AND the fact that she's an annoying, stuck up anti-Ike little twerp for awhile.

I'm also playing through PoR again, but on normal. I just beat chapter 17 yesterday and Ike got his lord title. Again, Boyd rules in this game. He does more damage than anyone else I have right now, including Ike. He is a strength master when it comes to those axes of his once he gets to Warrior status.

TW: Honestly, PoR has a better tutorial system than FE7 if that's what you're thinking. :/
Last Edited by Sonic Rainboom; 05-04-2009 at 05:52 PM. Reason:
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-04-2009, 06:00 PM
RIP Satoshi Kon

Quote:

TW: Honestly, PoR has a better tutorial system than FE7 if that's what you're thinking. :/
Not really. I learned more from 7 than 9. A lot more detail was put into the tutorial, and it's definitely more friendly to newcomers.

My RP character:
|Valdessia|
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Banned User

Ya really. I learned more from 9 than 7. Honestly, I was a little confused for a bit in FE7. 9's starts with the bare bones, beginning from moving units up to achieving victories, making strategies and more. RD expands on that by teaching the advanced stuff. And I played and beat both of those before doing FE7 and I still got confused.
Last Edited by Sonic Rainboom; 05-04-2009 at 06:04 PM. Reason:
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-04-2009, 06:07 PM
galloping abs
View Posts: 7,810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire dragon View Post
NO!!!!!!!!!! Don't do it that game is horrible. I just finished my 2nd playthrough of Radiant Dawn. I loled so hard when I saw this, but my most used character was Edward (I put Ike on the back burner in part 3 because of his story promotion). Who do you think is better Harr or Jill, because fire emblem wiki said Jill was better, but I took Harr instead. What do you think?

Sig by Caleb
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-04-2009, 06:09 PM
RIP Satoshi Kon

Quote:
Ya really. I learned more from 9 than 7. Honestly, I was a little confused for a bit in FE7. 9's starts with the bare bones, beginning from moving units up to achieving victories, making strategies and more. RD expands on that by teaching the advanced stuff. And I played and beat both of those before doing FE7 and I still got confused.
7 was a simple game. I never once misunderstood whatever the game told me. Now you're just pulling stuff out of your ass to defend your favorite game.

My RP character:
|Valdessia|
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-04-2009, 06:18 PM
Banned User

No, I'm not. I don't lie when I say I was confused for a bit.

FE9 was simple and easy to understand for me because of how the prologue and first chapter worked. It wasn't simply training and learning for me in FE7. Instead I felt like I was thrust into the adventure with little tut windows popping up every now and then that were really short. Also, I definitely don't want to be forced into FE7's tut over and over if I replay it. You can at least turn FE9's off. >_>
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-04-2009, 06:20 PM
RIP Satoshi Kon

It's not on hard mode, which is really what you should be playing after beating the game once.

My RP character:
|Valdessia|
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-04-2009, 06:24 PM
Banned User

I haven't finished it yet, though. I forgot to pick it up again after getting frustrated with Hector. I don't know why if he's supposed to be so good, that I lost him to a damn lance user and on full health. For me, he sucked.
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-04-2009, 06:24 PM
__
View Posts: 8,485

I put down FE7. It's the only one I've beaten, although I've also played at least half of PoR, RD, and TSS. I'm interested in checking out Japan's, too, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
But FE7 was great, I liked it a lot. And yes, the 2-d animations need to come back to save us from the boring 3-d ones.
Quote:
How on Earth did you get confused playing FE7 after playing PoR and RD to death? It's impossible. Impossible. The game is simpler than those in terms of things to wrap your head around.
Closed Thread

Tags
emblem, fire, official, returns