http://item.slide.com/r/1/86/i/HYBlt89p4z8...RuZiOWHVCmQJLU/

http://item.slide.com/r/1/46/i/3vdU1Kxl6j8...kIX_uRSXEV7fFZ/

http://item.slide.com/r/1/122/i/Bpx2pB692D...iirPOhPT2la0cZ/

http://item.slide.com/r/1/1/i/t5rt3TBw6z8D...Q3ldkA0LIE1Zlc/

http://item.slide.com/r/1/168/i/7NASlsWR7z...EgZrxId7UscZAn/

http://item.slide.com/r/1/188/i/auKaj1gc3j...EA2wl_46YZ821w/

http://item.slide.com/r/1/256/i/XmrSw40w4z...YqaxdsR-q1Dwid/

tl;dr

*You play as the first Big Daddy ever, complete with upgradable Rivet Gun and Drill.

*Plasmids are more customizable now, and you can combine them. Upgrading plasmids, instead of making them stronger, will give them new powers, such as adding a flamethrower esque ability to the incinerate plasmid. When you combine plasmids, you can do stuff like using the cyclone plasmid, then burn it with the incinerate plasmid to create a fire-tornado.

*The level designer for Fort Frolic returns to design the entire game this time, should make for an awesome experience.

*Throughout the entire game the Big Sister persues you, and is quicker, stronger, and scarier than any Big Daddy.

*You can choose to either harvest or adopt Little Sisters in Sea of Dreams. Harvesting will, like BioShock original, get your more Adam but at the expense of the Little Sister's life. Adopting will allow a Little Sister to follow you around Rapture in search of dead bodies to get Adam from, which you can use. During these Adam extract moments you will have to fend off Splicers like during the last section of BioShock when you were a Big Daddy. Also, choosing whether to harvest or adopt Little Sisters will have more of an impact on Rapture itself and the story than it did in the original game.

*You can explore underwater areas of Rapture and leer into the windows of it, viewing areas seen in the past game as well as areas you may see as your progress through the game. They think of these areas as sort of "breathers" from the action, as there are no splicers to be worried about confronting or Big Sister.

*There will be multiplayer this time around, but they state that despite this single player will still be the main focus of the game.

Everything sounds great so far, I'm not wild about the inclusion of multiplayer, but if they have it so a separate team does multiplayer while the main team focuses on single player it should be fine. I'm happy to hear that the radios will return to tell us more of the story Rapture has to offer, and playing as a Big Daddy sounds great. I can't wait, this should be great.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-17-2009, 06:10 PM
Crimson and Clover, over and over
View Posts: 4,259
Re: BioShock 2

Didn't the first one, like just come out. Could be fun I guess.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-17-2009, 06:13 PM
Hylian Knight
View Posts: 1,063

No, it came out like 3 years ago, maybe 2. It just got released for the PS3 though, but it's original release was about 2-3 years ago.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-17-2009, 06:14 PM
Crimson and Clover, over and over
View Posts: 4,259

ANd they already have a new one? I dunno it might not be that good then, but you never know. I never played the first was it any good, btw?
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-17-2009, 06:18 PM
Living so free is a tragedy when you can't be what you want to be
View Posts: 11,087

I loved the first one, I have yet to see how they unfold with the second.

I'm VERY confident with this game's success.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-17-2009, 06:19 PM
T.I.M.E.
View Posts: 3,545

I don't really know how I feel about this. Some of the concepts presented thus far seem kind of ridiculous, and the original worked so well on its own. I'll still play it just because the first one was brilliant, but I'm cautiously optimistic.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-17-2009, 06:26 PM
destroy space lincoln
Send a message via AIM to forte Send a message via Skype™ to forte
View Posts: 14,422

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13th View Post
ANd they already have a new one? I dunno it might not be that good then, but you never know. I never played the first was it any good, btw?
It was awesome.

And the Call of Duty series comes out with a new game every damn year and they're still praised.

#8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-17-2009, 06:43 PM
Hylian Knight

Quote:
Uh, what's your point? Is 2-3 years not enough down time? Zelda Wind Waker came out in 2003 and TP was announced in 2004, less than a year later.

The first game was amazing by the way, fantastic, immersive experience.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-17-2009, 09:25 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Xeno

View Posts: 20,311

Damn, I was just about to make a thread about this.

At any rate, I'm very excited about this sequel to Bioshock -- perhaps one of the most amazing games I've ever played. Playing as a Big Daddy in the first one was fun. It'll be interesting to see how they pull off the gameplay this time around. I'm already wrapped around the story, as it seems very intriguing from these impressions so far. The inclusion of multiplayer is nice, but I'm expected something revolutionary here. My main interest is the single player. This is one of my most anticipated titles.

I've already talked about this with someone else: We know this is a sequel to the first Bioshock. But which ending does this sequel take place after? The "bad" one or the "good" one? I'm interested in finding out.

EDIT: Oh, nevermind. These scans seem to indicate that it continues from the good ending, since it says Jack had left with the Little Sisters.
Last Edited by Xeno; 03-17-2009 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-18-2009, 01:20 AM
Think different.
View Posts: 7,743

I TRIED playing the first Bioshock, but I kept losing interest. I don't know why but I always got to the medical pavillion and would just stop playing it.

Reading this article about the 2nd one sounds amazing, and makes me want to complete the 1st one, WITHOUT losing interest

- Mahatma Ghandi
Join me and like-minded ZU'ers in the Sport, Health, and Fitness Thread to create a support group to inspire and motivate others to reach their health, fitness, and wellness goals!
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-18-2009, 09:11 AM
linksmolecules linksmolecules is a male United States linksmolecules is offline
Delirious
Send a message via Skype™ to linksmolecules
View Posts: 1,065

I just picked up bioshock for the ps3 a few weeks ago and it's probably one of the best titles for the ps3, so I will surely pick up the sequal.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-18-2009, 10:30 AM
Lavvy La Who? Lavvy La Who? is a male United Kingdom Lavvy La Who? is offline
Lord, lord
Send a message via Skype™ to Lavvy La Who?
View Posts: 4,506

The SEX has hit the fan!

I recently finished the first one, I know a little late but I went to see Quantum of Solace and the Bioshock advert for the PS3 screened. It looked awesome, and I had never even thought of it before (Had NO idea as to what it was) found out it was on xbox, shanghied me a copy and played through it all in about a week. It rocked

SECOND ONE! YAAAAAR!
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-18-2009, 11:31 AM
F.O.E. Hunter
Send a message via AIM to Hoopy Frood
View Posts: 6,534

The first game was okay. The opening was cinematic and extremely atmospheric, and everything was really engrossing until they took all the fear and suspense out of the game by giving no penalty to dying. Enemies retaining the damage you did to them allowed you to just zerg the **** out of them while constantly respawning at those health staiton things. It took a lot out of the experience for me. : /
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-18-2009, 12:05 PM
Lieutenant Lollipop Lieutenant Lollipop is a female Lieutenant Lollipop is offline
Velvet & Velour
Send a message via Skype™ to Lieutenant Lollipop
View Posts: 7,725

Quote:
Didn't the first one, like just come out. Could be fun I guess.
Bioshock was originally released for the 360 in August 2007. It only got ported quite recently to the PS3 in October 2008. That's probably why you're making this assumption.

I'm definitely getting it on release, though.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Admiral Awesome Admiral Awesome is a male United States Admiral Awesome is offline
Show me ya moves!
View Posts: 2,061

I have the original for the 360, but I haven't played much.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Hylian Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
The first game was okay. The opening was cinematic and extremely atmospheric, and everything was really engrossing until they took all the fear and suspense out of the game by giving no penalty to dying. Enemies retaining the damage you did to them allowed you to just zerg the **** out of them while constantly respawning at those health staiton things. It took a lot out of the experience for me. : /
You could just turn the Vita-Chambers off or reload your save whenever you die, it's not that hard.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-18-2009, 03:43 PM
F.O.E. Hunter
Send a message via AIM to Hoopy Frood
View Posts: 6,534

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderslf View Post
You could just turn the Vita-Chambers off or reload your save whenever you die, it's not that hard.
When I originally played the game the whole "turning Vita-Chambers off" wasn't an option yet. That was added in the 'hard mode' or whatever.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-20-2009, 08:41 PM

So apparently they're not calling it Sea of Dreams anymore, they're just calling it Bioshock 2.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-20-2009, 08:52 PM
-
View Posts: 8,206

Not particularly hyped. I thought the original was a pretty alright game, but nothing mind blowing. Probably one of the most overrated games I've played. Up there with Half-Life 2.

Very high quality game, just didn't do much for me. Second one looks kind of cool, I guess.
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-20-2009, 09:15 PM

Did you play through Bioshock entirely?

Update: Bioshock 2 is going to have a simultaneous release date on all 3 platforms (PC, 360, and PS3).
Last Edited by Xeno; 03-20-2009 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote

Tags
bioshock, dreams, sea