Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#41 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-30-2008, 04:57 AM
Zora Warrior
Send a message via AIM to Misanthrope
View Posts: 313
Re: Nostalgic Games

Megaman X was the first game I ever owned, and I still think it has the best music ever. I'm also quite partial to Resident Evil, as I remember borrowing a friend's copy and sneaking it past my parents late at night and scaring my then 6 year old self ****less.
  #42 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-30-2008, 05:40 AM
Kokiri
View Posts: 60

I get nostaglic feelings for a lot of games but the most memorable are:
Donkey Kong Country
Super Mario World 2 : Yoshi's Island

Goldeneye
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Groundwalker View Post
Nostalgic games?

Sonic 2, Super Mario RPG, and Mortal Kombat III come to mind for me.
Oh, and thanks a lot for spoiling the SSBB character roster for me....
  #43 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-30-2008, 06:21 AM
Content Monkey
Send a message via Yahoo to Duncan
View Posts: 2,637

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaDeathGod View Post
I used to play super mairo world and the first mortal kombat when I was like 4......
Haha. Super mario world was awesome. If you don't collect everything you can actually complete the game from start to finish in around 10mins. Really!!. 8)

I'm a fully fledged retro head. I love all that is ancient. It was only yesterday i was playing double dragon. xP

The best times of my gaming life were playing the old stuff. Gameplay these days have nothing on the old stuff. 8)

Formally known as Hylie

Pixel by Panique

POWERED BY
LINUX
  #44 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-31-2008, 01:09 AM
Skyloftian
View Posts: 795
Hmmm...nostalgic games, man i love that feeling, but it hits me kinda hard. Mostly makes me miss those good old days. Damn soft spots.

Well these games i really like cause of the good memories and the feeling.

Ocarina of Time - 1st zelda game played
Chrono trigger - Memories of playing while home sick
Pokemon Snap
Pokemon Stadium > Some of my 1st games played
Hello Pikachu
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - 1st game ever played ever, played in hospitol when i had surgery at age 3
Kirbys Dreamland
The Pokemon gameboy games
F-Zero - Playing it all the time with cousin
Super Smash Bros. - Also always played with cousin. Wow, big laughs with that game.

Almost any game i can feel nostalgic about. I could think of a good memory of playing it only after a few years. For some reason i have a big soft spot for nostalgia in general, and a lot of games have that for me.
  #45 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-31-2008, 01:45 AM
Sage of Wisdom

View Posts: 4,480

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika View Post
Have you ever been hit by nostalgia by remembering an old game that you played when you were 7?
YES.

Ninja Gaiden II for the NES. God, I love that game...
  #46 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-31-2008, 02:17 AM
Significantly more hydrated than you.
Send a message via Skype™ to Coconut Water

View Posts: 35,494

The thing about nostalgia is how you remember all the memories that came along with playing the game.

For instance, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for Sega Genesis is extremely nostalgic for me. Not only was one of the first Sega games I ever played...but I was hooked! I remember playing it down in the basement of my old home in Nyssa, Oregon. I'd come home from school and play until it was dark, and play some more! I would play it in the winter when I found it more fun than going out in the snow. Playing with my sister while sucked on all the blueberry candy canes from the Christmas tree.

The same for Golden Axe for Sega Genesis. I remember playing and playing and trying so hard to beat it with my mom's boyfriend. We'd stay up all night and play it while munching on home made bread with real butter, leaving a huge piece of crust on top of the TV that would stay there for weeks afterward. Ditching Boy Scouts and having more fun playing this.

Being introduced to Super Mario 64 and 3D gaming for the first time blew me away! My mind went on adventures when I wasn't even playing! Like no other game before it (and after it), I was almost one with the game. I lived in the castle, I scaled the fortress, I hot-footed the volcano, I scared myself crapless in Boo's mansion. I played the game in the early summer mornings when Mom would open the front door and stick a fan right there to blow in the cool air that we could trap in for most of the day. We would go out and pick apricots from the tree, then I'd go into the living room and play Super Mario 64 every morning as she made apricot jam in the kitchen. I also remember once making taco-burrito things with my sister with refried beans and pieces of cheese that formed smiley faces. ^_^

It wasn't about beating the game. It was about the adventure, living and breathing it. I've had more fun with Super Mario 64 than any other video game. It has created such a huge impact on me that I can still play it to this day without getting bored (while Ocarina of Time bores me to death). To this day, I still hold Super Mario 64 as the greatest game of all time. And for good reason.

And I also remember the first time I started playing video games, was when I was hooked on Super Mario Bros. for NES. I was about four, and we just moved to somewhere new. My mom married and the guy had an NES for us to play. I was new to the area, and probably very shy. So I turned to video games (and watching Nickelodeon all day. That's another thing I miss, the old line up of shows like Ahh! Real Monsters!, Rocco's Modern Life, and Ren & Stimpy) to keep myself entertained. I remember playing Super Mario Bros. on rainy days, with my baby sitter (who happened to know all the shortcuts), and playing all the way to the water level with the Bloopers before having to stop and eat pancakes for breakfast. This was also the time where I started playing ice climbers after school and watching Darkwing Duck.

Oh, the good times. I miss them. ^_^

There are plenty more, but I shall spare you.
  #47 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-31-2008, 10:10 AM
COOLEST NOOB RUNNER UP SPRING 2004

View Posts: 5,517

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homarid View Post
- Rocket Knight Adventures, a.k.a. that game I won't shut up about. It looked kinda like Sonic (despite playing entirely differently), which is what drew me in. The fact that it kicked so much ass is what always kept me coming back.
Heh, I remember sneaking out of my room and downstairs to play that game when I got grounded when I was like 6 years old.. I wish I could remember what happened to it.

[03:53] <+kazan> .8ball will the Cubs win a world series in Asci's lifetime?
[03:53] <&UB2R-B0T> ...LMAO
  #48 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-31-2008, 11:20 AM
Guardian Dragon

View Posts: 2,727

I got an N64 from my parents for my 12th birthday (Yes, I am 14 now, don't ask) and that made me feel really nostalgic whenever I played it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uǝzoɹɟ View Post
teep is just SO hot tbh...
98% of teens have tried drugs or alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like toast.
  #49 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-31-2008, 04:19 PM
little zombies wanna eat my brains
View Posts: 5,545

When I bought "A Link to the Past" for the Wii, and played it for an hour, the game invoked such powerful waves of nostalgia upon me. It was crazy how amazing that game is.

Super Mario World, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario 64, and Super Mario Bros 3 all bring me WAY back. MY god those games are amazing. The classics will live on forever.
  #50 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-31-2008, 04:29 PM
Banned User
View Posts: 30,568

Super Mario Galaxy made me nostalgic for Super Mario Bros and Super Mario World. The game had some of the same music and stuff. It also reminded me of an idea for a new Mario game that I had awhile back featuring Luigi as the hero (not solely because he's my favorite character, but because I think he deserves a good adventure of his own like that. Mario gets too much spotlight), but I never really expanded on it.

Anyway, yeah, SMG made me very nostalgic for the good ol' SNES days. :]
  #51 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-01-2008, 10:30 PM
Twili
View Posts: 434

Quote:
It wasn't about beating the game. It was about the adventure, living and breathing it. I've had more fun with Super Mario 64 than any other video game. It has created such a huge impact on me that I can still play it to this day without getting bored (while Ocarina of Time bores me to death). To this day, I still hold Super Mario 64 as the greatest game of all time. And for good reason.
Good choice. Super Mario 64 is a very fun experience. I still play it to this day, and your right - moreso than Ocarina Of Time. However, my first experience of both made me lean in favour of Ocarina - mostly for its artistic value and storyline, but in terms of plain fun, Super Mario 64 takes the cake.
Quote:
(and watching Nickelodeon all day. That's another thing I miss, the old line up of shows like Ahh! Real Monsters!, Rocco's Modern Life, and Ren & Stimpy)
In my country they have started playing Rocko's Modern life at four pm each day, I am loving it. I also noticed that there is one very, very talented voice actor that does about half the characters in the show! he does Mr and Mrs Bighead, Mr Dupet, and half of the Wolfe family.

I miss Ren and Stimpy dearly, so dearly.

So many Nintendo sixtyfour games I love.
1080 snowboarding is a big one. I used to play it with my Dad almost every day, and he never went easy on me, so it when I did beat him, it was fantastic.

Donkey Kong 64 filled me with wonder again about the different kinds of worlds that the Nintendo 64 could make.

Even games such as pilotwings and wave race leave me with fond memories.

Majora's Mask tops the lot, though. A true masterpiece.
Last Edited by Box; 02-01-2008 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #52 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-01-2008, 10:35 PM
Hiroshi Yamauchi. Former president of Nintendo. Rest in peace.
Send a message via Yahoo to Chad
View Posts: 9,306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika View Post
Have you ever been hit by nostalgia by remembering an old game that you played when you were 7?

It hit me yesterday, two games that I remember only one part, but I remember them very clearly.

Megaman Legends and The Missadventures of Tron Bonne.

Even though neither of them sold well, I absolutely loved both games (<3 Servbots. X3)

Also the only Megaman related games I have ever played, I can only remember the first boss of Megaman Legends, but I remember it very well. As for TMoTB, I only remember the intro of it, and the Servbots.

So, have you ever been hit with a massive wave of gaming nostalgia before?
I think a lot about older games I no longer have, and miss. Part of the reason why I miss these older games is because a sequel wasn't made on a later system. Link Ogre Battle 64, because the series was discontinued for some reason. Jet Force Jemini, which may have only been a single game, as I haven't heard of anything related to it since.

Games like the original SSB, and Harvest Moon 64 I don't miss too much, because there have been other games on the Gamecube. However, some games are left behind, with no sequel or anything made on a later game.

Yeah, I think about them. Memories are all I have. Although, I may be able to find some used N64 and a few games at EB or something. I just have more important things to save up for, and probably will never do that.

......................................../`````````````````````````````````````````\
.........TWW-PH-ST-(LoZ-AoL)-(OoX)-TMC-FS-FSA-ALttP-LA-(OoX)-(LoZ-AoL)
OoT<.............................................. \____________________/
.........MM-TP
  #53 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-01-2008, 10:58 PM
T.I.M.E.
View Posts: 3,545

Some of the first games I ever owned, and that I'm still quite fond of, are the following:

Adventure [Atari 2600]
Alex Kidd series [SMS]
Asteroids [Atari 2600]
Castlevania I-III [NES]
Centipede [Atari 2600]
Dragon Quest (or "Dragon Warrior" back then) I-IV [NES]
Final Fantasy [NES]
The Legend of Zelda and Adventure of Link [NES]
Mario Bros. [Atari 2600]
Metroid [NES]
Mr. Do! [Atari 2600]
Pac-Man [Atari 2600]
Phantasy Star [SMS]
Pitfall! [Atari 2600]
Pitfall II: Lost Caverns [Atari 2600]
Space Invaders [Atari 2600]
Super Mario Bros. 1-3 [NES]
Swordquest series [Atari 2600]
Yars' Revenge [Atari 2600]

After that, I kind of grew out of video games for a while. It wasn't until the mid-90s when I met a friend with a SNES that I got into them again. He showed me Final Fantasy IV (then known as "Final Fantasy II") that I started to gain interest in video games again. I went out and purchased a SNES of my own, and quickly became a big RPG fan. But after a while the SNES started to die out, so I eventually picked up a PS1 when I discovered Final Fantasy VII. That was a pretty nostalgic time, too.

Alundra [PS1]
Azure Dreams [PS1]
Breath of Fire III [PS1]
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night [PS1]
Chrono Trigger [SNES]
Earthbound [SNES]
Final Fantasy IV ("Final Fantasy II" in NA) [SNES]
Final Fantasy VI ("Final Fantasy III" in NA) [SNES]
Final Fantasy VII [PS1]
Illusion of Gaia [SNES]
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time [N64]
Lufia I and II [SNES]
Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen [SNES]
Robotrek [SNES]
Secret of Mana [SNES]
Soul Blazer [SNES]
Suikoden [PS1]
Super Mario 64 [N64]
Super Mario RPG: The Legend of the Seven Stars [SNES]
Super Mario World [SNES]
Super Metroid [SNES]
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together[PS1]
Tales of Destiny [PS1]
Terranigma [SNES]
Wild ARMs [PS1]
  #54 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-02-2008, 06:28 AM
Twili
View Posts: 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laika View Post
YES.

Ninja Gaiden II for the NES. God, I love that game...
them games are so challenging thats why i love em haha .

Tags
games, nostalgic