PS3 & PSP Firmware Updated-You can now play Your Entire PSone Library on Your PSP!!
So I've known about both these updates coming for about two weeks now, but today, both were finally released.
The Change logs:
Originally Posted by Playstation 3 Firmware 2.10
The PLAYSTATION 3 system software version 2.10 update includes the following:
* Voice Changer
The Voice Changer feature has been added to voice / video chat. Visit the Voice Changer guide in Help & Support under PS3 at eu.playstation.com for more details.
Using this feature, you can change the tone of a voice that is input from an audio device such as a microphone. High and low-pitched tones can each be adjusted to five preset levels. You can vary the tone when using voice / video chat under Friends.
Other new or revised features in version 2.10
* You can now select [Type 3] as an option under Settings > [Music Settings] > [Bitmapping]. This bitmapping process was developed specifically for the PS3TM system to enhance audio playback.
* DivX and VC-1 (WMV) have been added to the types of files that can be played. *
* Blu-ray Disc Profile 1.1 is now supported. **
* [BD Data Utility] has been added. ***
- To play VC-1 (WMV) format files, you must go to Settings > [System Settings] and set [Enable WMA Playback].
- Copyright-protected files or files that were encoded by using DivX 3.11 cannot be played. - Files that are 2GB or more cannot be played.
** You may now be able to use several additional features such as playback of two videos at the same time with Profile 1.1-compatible Blu-ray Discs. The available features vary depending on the disc.
*** The management data that is used by the Blu-ray Disc is saved.
Originally Posted by PSP Firmware 3.80
The PSP® system software version 3.80 update includes the following:
internet radio (Internet Radio) has been added as a feature under [Network]. You can now play programs (audio content) distributed by Internet radio stations.
Other new or revised features in version 3.80:
* Version 22.214.171.124 of the theme creation tool is now available here. You must use this version to create a theme for a PSP® system with system software version 3.80 or later.
* A theme that was created using version 126.96.36.199 of the theme creation tool cannot be displayed on a PSP® system with system software earlier than version 3.80.
* You can now preview each scene of a video using the [Scene Search] feature. ＞See details.
* The number of visual player types that can be used has been increased.
* You can now import OPML files under rss (RSS Channel). ＞See details.
* You can now view photos displayed on a PSP® system that is connected to the Internet under rss (RSS Channel).
The PS3 update is huge, as it now supports practically all video formats as a media player, meaning all you have to do is plug in a device and the PS3 will recognize the contents on the storage. (Or you could just stream it.) Some legacy media of DivX are not compatible, but XviD is. Also added is Blu-Ray Profile 1.1, which is big in that the PS3 is now future proofed, but otherwise just means that you'll now be able to use some of the cool next gen Blu-Ray movie features like picture in a picture for commentary, playing games, etc. when 1.1 movies hit the market January 1st.
A stealth update feature is the planet visualizer for you music, which is absolutely beautiful. Set your music to this:
The PSP got a small update, gaining the ability to play Internet Radio stations. But that's not all. Sony has released the PSP Media Manager and converter for FREE, something that should have been done at launch.
So maybe you're not too impressed, outside of the DivX and WMV-HD support. Well there's one feature left, and this one is pretty cool. You can now, due to the ability of Remote Play, play any PSone game in your collection on your PSP, over the internet, anywhere in the world.
Is that not the coolest feature ever? This might just be the best firmware update yet.
There has also been some word on what's coming up for the system in the near future:
-In-Game XMB is being worked on.
-Super StarDustHD and possibly other games are getting updates (2.0 for Super StarDust is coming this Thursday) that allow for new features, rumble support for older games (SSHD), and custom soundtrack support for already released titles (Super StarDustHD). I came.
I'll post some pictures when I can.
Edit: Pics, staring Mr. Wonderful! (And Final Fantasy VIII) I apologize for the dirty lens and screen.
Re: PS3 & PSP Firmware Updated-You can now play Your Entire PSone Library on Your PSP!!
I take it you need to have your PS1 games in the PS3 console to play them on PSP?
Originally Posted by Discussion
Zaius and I are much like the mongoose and the cobra, we are destined for battle time and time again, even if it is not in our territory. Of course, I'm the mongoose since I like having appendages, and Zaius seems like a cold-blooded creature.
Voted Best Theorist three times.
Voted Most Knowledgeable of Zelda three times.
Winner of TSA's Zelda Championship Tournament.