Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: Which generation did you like the most?
Generation 1 (Red, Blue, and Yellow) 27 40.30%
Generation 2 (Gold, Silver, and Christal) 27 40.30%
Generation 3 (Ruby, Saffire, and Emerald) 7 10.45%
Generation 4 (Diamond and Pearl) 6 8.96%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-30-2007, 08:41 PM
Ojos rojos
View Posts: 695
Re: Which is your favorite Pokemon generation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecove View Post
I loved that ... I almost forgot Red existed.

But in a way Emerald kind of did that again.
Whoa... seriously?

I've never played Emerald before, but if it really went through the 2nd gen, I may want to reconsider.
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-30-2007, 09:15 PM
may result in serious rash or shortness of breath
View Posts: 1,126

1st is my fav. for no particualar reason they all just seemed so new and creative then it slowly got worse
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-30-2007, 09:50 PM
NIG
Send a message via AIM to Polloman300
View Posts: 589

The pokemon animated series were great just until they passed 150.
:look:Im on Heretic-Gamer... Don't tell anyone, though:look:
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-31-2007, 12:57 AM
Mogma
View Posts: 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polloman300 View Post
The pokemon animated series were great just until they passed 150.
Agreed.

I loved the series before they got all these new Pokemon.

150 is definitely enough.

So as you may guess I liked first generation the best. I had Red & Yellow and played these games to death .. well not really, and the fact I could use my Pokemon to battle in Pokemon Stadium 64 was cool aswell.

I haven't got the second or third generation but I have the fourth as I wanted a new game for my DS and I really like it. Sure all these new Pokemon are pretty gay and I have no idea their types which sucks but I'm learning .. plus the whole gameplay just kicks ass!!

#25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-31-2007, 04:58 AM
Sage of Wisdom
Wii U ID: WoodwindsRock
View Posts: 2,873

My favorite is the second generation.

What can I say? It brings back memories. (of course the first generation does as well.) However, the second, well the Pokemon weren't that crappy, in fact I liked them. I loved the addition of day/night. Plus it had going back to the Kanto region which was fun.

I was thoroughly disappointed in the third generation for taking out both the day/night and only having the one region.

Overall beating Gold/Silver left me with a lot more accomplishment then the third generation did.

I can't forget the first generation, though. Memories, memories, memories. XD Pokemon is what really got me into video games, if I had never got the Red version, I probably would have never gotten into many video games. I assure you, I would have never got into the Zelda series.

I haven't played the DS games, though. My best friend (who I've known since I first got into Pokemon.) has been trying to convince me to get one of them... but I don't know. I haven't played a Pokemon game in forever, and my parents hate Pokemon with a passion, if they saw me spend my money on that, they'd... give me the glare of doom. -_-

------

#26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-31-2007, 05:15 AM
Anouki
Send a message via AIM to Peteo
View Posts: 36

2nd generation is the best. The Pokemon are the best and the game itself is the best. ^_^
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-31-2007, 05:39 AM
Something witty
View Posts: 1,641

People who say the fourth gen Pokemon take it too far, obviously haven't looked at the Pokedex. The Pokemon ARE more creative and original and believable than in the third gen. I mean, in the third gen, they had one Pokemon that was a crescent moon. It was just stupid. Look at the different Pokedex's to remind yourself of the Pokemon before you make unfounded claims.
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-31-2007, 05:55 AM
Yo yo, Snake dawg
View Posts: 879

I played B/R/Y first but I found G/S/C the most enjoyable due to the various improvements it made over the originals (breeding, the implement of real-time elements etc). The new pokemon in the G/S series weren't too bad either.

I really hated Ru/Sa, they felt like a step back from G/S. They removed one of my favourite features of G/S (the day/night cycle) and replaced it with lame distractions like Pokemon contests. I haven't really played much of D/P but it seems like more of the same just with crappy 3d graphics thrown in the mix. I have to admit the online features sound good though.

The Return... Of Dr. Octagon!
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-31-2007, 06:20 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 27

They could/should have stopped all of the Pokemon at the 2nd generation, but continued the game. I like the first generation best, just because of how I spent so much time working towards it. Gold/Silver came close though.

Keep in mind that I have at least one game from every generation (except FR or LG). Also, does anybody know if you can catch Mewtwo in Gold/Silver the same way in Red/Yellow/Blue?

I miss the playback ability they had in Gold/Silver, something they should have kept.
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-31-2007, 07:03 AM
Theorist of two sides
View Posts: 8,038

Quote:
Whoa... seriously?

I've never played Emerald before, but if it really went through the 2nd gen, I may want to reconsider.
You'd HAVE to get emerald. Not Ruby or whatnot.

Best Theorist Fall 2007, Summer 2011 ; Most Devoted Theorist Summer 2010, Winter 2011, Summer 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnorv
You see, Pine, you and I - we're the superheroes of ZU.
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-31-2007, 07:09 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecove View Post
You'd HAVE to get emerald. Not Ruby or whatnot.
I own Ruby, but Emerald lets you play through 2nd generation gyms again? What other differences are there, would I want to get it even though I already own Ruby?

Also, which is better, Fire Red/Leaf Green, or Emerald?
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-31-2007, 03:36 PM
Theorist of two sides
View Posts: 8,038

Quote:
Ruby, but Emerald lets you play through 2nd generation gyms again? What other differences are there, would I want to get it even though I already own Ruby?
Emerald lets you face both teams aqua and Magma and it has a thing called the battle zone which is cool. You also get to go off to a cave where you'll find an old champion. He wants to battle.

Quote:
Also, which is better, Fire Red/Leaf Green, or Emerald?
FR/LG are not in the same set as emerald.

But Emerald is the best.

Best Theorist Fall 2007, Summer 2011 ; Most Devoted Theorist Summer 2010, Winter 2011, Summer 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnorv
You see, Pine, you and I - we're the superheroes of ZU.
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-31-2007, 03:50 PM
formerly Tsunata
Send a message via AIM to Anya Send a message via Skype™ to Anya
View Posts: 2,576

My favorite generation is the Gold/Siver/Crystal one.
Those games were just...the best, to me.
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-31-2007, 11:17 PM
Crazy Harp Lady
Send a message via AIM to Skull Kid
View Posts: 608

My favorite is definitely the first generation: Red, Blue, and Yellow. In fact, it's the only generation I like. Those games are incredibly addicting and very fun to play; I think I still haven't beaten them, oddly. The first had so much novelty; in my opinion Pokmon just lost its charm after it.

Website| Facebook | Youtube | Bandcamp |
Tumblr |Mi Principe Dorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth
I wish my piano had a Cuban key, though. I'd touch it all day.
  #35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-31-2007, 11:37 PM
Doesn't afraid of anything!
Send a message via Skype™ to AdaMiSt
Steam ID: Linkdouble0zero Wii U ID: Adam (AdaMiSt) 3DS ID: Adam (AdaMiSt)
View Posts: 607

My favorite is the 2nd generation, because it encompasses both the 1st and 2nd gens.

Those first few hundred were the most lovable, and believable in my opinion. The newer ones are just too sharp, and mechanical (not literally) in design to be likable to me.

On a related note, can someone explain this to me?

Back when Gold and Silver were new, and I played them like crazy. One day I got an egg from two of my poke'mon. Well, I didn't feel like toting an egg around everywhere, so I shoved it into the deep crevices of my PC. I had completely forgotten about this egg for ( I think ) roughly two months. When I went to do some PC cleaning up, I found it again. I started to carry it around everywhere, and when it hatched it was a Celebi!

What. Just. Happened?

It was born at Lvl. 100 with all four elemental attacks that need to be charged on the first turn.

I've never heard of this anywhere else, and I thought Celebi was only available through "other" means. Like mew. So this Celebi is the coolest thing ever to happen to me on a Poke'mon game. Unfortunately he's stuck inside Poke'mon Stadium 2, and I can't get him back out unless I "catch 'em all" in Gold or Silver again. Grr...

So, can someone explain what happened? I don't remember the parents, and never used any sort of cheating device.
Awesome Orcadian Folklore! - Behold the fearsome Nuckelavee!
Feel free to comment and discuss!
---------------------------------------
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-01-2007, 09:12 AM
Mogma
View Posts: 156

^That's interesting and undoubtely strange XD

My fav is first generation, I think mainly because it's the first I played and have lots of memories with friends trading and battling... I remember how my other 2 friends were close to complete the pokedex but they were missing the most hard to catch pokemon in the 1st generation: Tauros.
I remember I tried catching him everyday on the safari zone and one day I did, the next day I gave it to them, they also gave me some pokemons I didn't had, but I think I was missing still a few (maybe an Alakazam or something), so they completed their game thanks to me, but I didn't.
I had Red at that time.. later I sold it and one of my friends sold me Blue, which I liked more because it had Meowth ;P
On 2001 I got Gold, mostly because in a new group of friends I used to gather with, all of them were playing G/S and I thought it'd be fun to start a new pkmn game. I liked it and I remembered how in the times of R/B I used to look at screenshots of G/S in Japan and wanting to play it... I think I even downloaded the ROM sometime in 2000, but playing pokemon in emulator and in japanese isn't too much fun.
I'd say G/S is a better game since it haves all the pokemons of the first generation plus 100+ new and you can travel back to Kanto, so it's basically the same... well, not really, for some reason I still like Blue more, maybe it's nostalgia or maybe, like others, I think 151 is enough.

About the 3rd gen and onwards, I haven't really played any, but something that I thought was cool about the game was the design of the pokemon, and I think the new ones always look the same, either too round or too square... well I think the original pkmn designer left Pokemon after G/S, am I right?
  #37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-01-2007, 03:48 PM
You can run, but you can't hide...
View Posts: 2,878

I've played all of the games, but my favorite generation was the 2nd generation. Why? There was the awesome feature of going to the Kanto region after you beat the elite four of Johto. I have yet to see a feature in future generations of Pokemon to see when you can travel to the other regions like in Crystal. Though since they remade Blue/Red into FireRed and LeafGreen, I'm looking forward to a remake of Silver and Gold (Why didn't they remake Yellow!! That was one of the best games!).

Plus, the second generations includes a mystery red haired rival (Whom I named '????' on my first playthrough), Umbreon, and the legendary dog things.

Sig by Jackyjuju - Vivi Wilder
  #38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2007, 03:53 AM
Zombie Scientist
View Posts: 295

My favourite's the 2nd generation (Gold, Silver and Crystal). The addition of the recognition of realtime day and night was great, and I'm glad to see that feature coming back in Diamond and Pearl. The actual Pokemon in Gold/Silver/Crystal were some of my favourites as well, with not online legendary birds to catch, but also legendary dogs. Simply ace.

You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
My allegiance lies with Majora's Mask.
Pulvis et umbra sumus.
  #39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2007, 08:36 AM
Hiroshi Yamauchi. Former president of Nintendo. Rest in peace.
Send a message via Yahoo to Chad
View Posts: 9,333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
I've played all of the games, but my favorite generation was the 2nd generation. Why? There was the awesome feature of going to the Kanto region after you beat the elite four of Johto. I have yet to see a feature in future generations of Pokemon to see when you can travel to the other regions like in Crystal. Though since they remade Blue/Red into FireRed and LeafGreen, I'm looking forward to a remake of Silver and Gold (Why didn't they remake Yellow!! That was one of the best games!).

Plus, the second generations includes a mystery red haired rival (Whom I named '????' on my first playthrough), Umbreon, and the legendary dog things.
I always disliked that some johto pokemon like houndour were only found in Kanto. That never made sense. So in Crystal, the only dark type in Johto was Umbreon. Sucks.

The reason they didn't remake yellow was probably two reasons: First, it's based off of a TV series that many people dislike nowadays. Second, pikachu sucks. Raichu is an ok pokemon, but there is NO reason for a pokemon to never evolve.

I understand that it's good to wait until the pokemon learns certain moves before evolving it, but there's no reason for one not to. Of course, there is the light ball that came out that doubles pikachu's special attack power, but what's the point of raising one stat while the others still suck.

Unless you have a surfing pikachu with a light ball, it will absolutely suck. Even then, I'd rather have a surfing Raichu.

......................................../`````````````````````````````````````````\
.........TWW-PH-ST-(LoZ-AoL)-(OoX)-TMC-FS-FSA-ALttP-LA-(OoX)-(LoZ-AoL)
OoT<.............................................. \____________________/
.........MM-TP
  #40 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-04-2007, 08:38 AM
Mogma
View Posts: 171

Definatly no.4 because i just got the game today and it still rocks!!

Please click my dragons! A few more levels and i get another one! Pretty please!

Tags
favorite, generation, pokemon